Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

^^No one's translated it yet, but there is a summary of it @ http://koalasplayground.com/2011/10/...xin-the-novel/
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    ^^No one's translated it yet, but there is a summary of it @ http://koalasplayground.com/2011/10/...xin-the-novel/
    Thanks, i read koalas summary already

but i was hoping someone had already done a direct translation of it.

Magnolia team:

Is Plushie around to post chapter 8(4)? Hope all is well, Plushie!

I have parts 5 and 6 completed. I just have to add a couple footnotes and then I'll pass onto cutzie/Plushie for editing. Working on part 7 now but I have less time this week so progress will be slower.

Lastly, any thoughts on keeping the terms "a'ma" and "e'niang" or translating to "father" and "mother," respectively? I know we all agreed on using "jie-jie" instead of "sister" so I've followed the same convention with these two (although I have translated "huang a'ma" to "Imperial Father"). Just wanted everyone's thoughts.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

For my translations, I've used the same sequence as you, Hoju. Is this the consensus then? Using the pinyin instead of literally translating (excluding Imperial Father).

I'm fine with using whatever, but I think that in the previous translation, we did translated "a'ma" as Father and "e'niang" as Mother. Will have to check later.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Thank you all for translating the novel to english version, I am so deely in love with the storyline, and I wish I can understand all the conversations all the characters had in the series, but since I never learn chinese before, I can only understand partially. Therefore, I Really wish to read the book to know all. Thanking you all for the hardworks and efforts to put the english translation.
    Last edited by BooBu; 10-20-11 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    I'm fine with using whatever, but I think that in the previous translation, we did translated "a'ma" as Father and "e'niang" as Mother. Will have to check later.
    Cutzie, when you come around to editing my chapter 18 translation, would you mind changing 'mother' to 'E' Niang' and Ah Ma to A' Ma? I actually used the english translation for e'niang and translated A'Ma as Ah Ma. Blame it all on my terrible memory.

Quote Originally Posted by BooBu View Post
    Thank you all for translating the novel to english version, I am so deely in love with the storyline, and I wish I can understand all the conversations all the characters had in the series, but since I never learn chinese before, I can only understand partially. Therefore, I Really wish to read the book to know all. Thanking you all for the hardworks and efforts to put the english translation.
    There are no English versions of the book Bu Bu Jing Xin. That's why we're fan-translating it into English, to help our fellow non Chinese reading Bu Bu fans.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 10-20-11 at 01:42 AM.

dear all ^^
    im a newbie and get bubujingxin fever.... i have done watching whole of the series.... and i really want to get the pdf novel.... where i can download that???
    please help me..... event if the pdf in mandarin languages i still want to download it....
    thankz before guysss....

please.. when will this be available for us non-chinese reader.. need it.. bad..
    lv the drama, can't wait to read the novel... already download chapter 1 through 8.3... need more more..
    thx....

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Hey guys. =D

Just popping by to tell you all that I got the drafts of chapter 8 part 4 from whitepaper and Hoju. I have not gotten a chance to look at it yet, unfortuantely, but I will once I get home today.

Sorry I'm not around on the boards very much these days, as I'm pretty busy. However, I do check my email regularly, so if there are new translations just send them my way.

Thanks guys~

Hey guys. Sorry I've been underground. >.<"

I should be able to do an update in the next few hours. =D
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Plusie and everyone else working to translate this amazing book to English - THANK YOU!!!!

I love, love, love this drama and I'm having such a hard time letting it go - now with the book coming out chapter by chapter, makes me fall all over again! Thank you so so much for your hard work and wonderful sympathy for those of us who don't read Chinese!

Chicago is getting chilly, but the drama and book are keeping me warm!!!!(but don't tell the boyfriend I said that...)

hi all

i'm new here and i really like BBJX..glad that you guys are translating it.. i didn't understand all of it when watching it so a question

why was 13th sent to prison.. was it because it all started with ruoxi who had to marry the crown prince? and what about 4th, 13th, 8th and 14th working together with all those books? can somebody help?

hi all
    sparkskey just update his journal on the 4th prince of the novel
    http://sparkskey.livejournal.com/59744.html
    the upclose of 4th prince is so detail.... for thos that know chinese here is the orginal post
    http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!hqtYcE...v=-1&next=1749
    so much indept of the 4th prince...

Plushie, are you available to post the new update?
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if some of you who have read the book can give any insight into one of my favorite moments in the drama: the nap on the pond.

Is this scene in the book too? Why does 4 invite her into his private spot - an impulse? a calculated move? compassion?

And is it my own wishful thinking that I see intense sparkage between Rouxi & 4???

Red face

hey all,
    I just read the novel and gone through the forum all 21 pages to read ppl's thoughts on it. My 2 cents
    4/rx relationship - from having a separation of practically 10 years to 1 or 2 years of actually being together, it's like reality slaps RX in the face one more time that whatever she had hoped for (live freely when 4th is emperor so she doesn't have to be afraid anymore to realizing being an emperor realistically requires a bit of cold and shrewdness that she doesn't want to face up to) will never be true.. it's never going to be a happily ever after ending. She knew 8th ending so she was logical enough to break it off. But with 4th, she didn't know how it was going to end after he turns emperor so she's just filled with hope. Had she thought more logically, maybe she wouldn't have allowed herself to care that much more about 4th and change her mind to 14th.

I was just doing a comparison to Romeo & Juliet, this is about 100th million times more tragic... comparing elizabeth and lord robert dudley... they don't rank up to how much i feel for 4th/rx's ending.

Another note I wanted to point out: The author mentioned about how she cried a lot for 8th and barely anything for the 4th. I found it sort of ironic that 4th's mother did not care much for him, rx had to leave him, 13th died before he did... he's definitely been loved and loved others in his lifetime, but to be pour another bucket of cold water, even the author gave him less sympathy. He's very 可怜 and 寂寞的人。 In return, the only thing that kept him going was the throne. It just made the top job that much more elusive. His work/life balance sucked. (LOL) It's like love and work became mutually exclusive paths for him and rx.

Lol, okay. maybe more thought will come to me but for now... my after thoughts are all over the map and i can't form a coherent thought.

Hello guys,

Just a quick note to say thank you to all the translators for your soooooo much time and effort that has been put in and that will be needed to complete the novel for non-chinese fans like us. I heard about this long time ago and sort of know the plot from internet/english discussion. Now I can't wait to read it (even if I have to wait for a very long time )

Hey guys.

I will be updating part 1 of chapter 9 later this week. Need to catch up on some sleep though.... So sorry that it's late! =(
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

I finished watching the drama but haven't read the book yet, but from all the post i have read it seems like the ending of the movie is different from the novel. can anyone tell me if this is true, and give me a summary of how the novel end? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ng2x1 View Post
    I finished watching the drama but haven't read the book yet, but from all the post i have read it seems like the ending of the movie is different from the novel. can anyone tell me if this is true, and give me a summary of how the novel end? thank you
    The novel ended when rouxi died in 14's arms..

However, the drama included scenes (for 14) which was not in the novel, and omitted some parts. Leaving viewers with room to ponder on what really happened.