Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Hey Plushie, I've started to read your translation and I couldn't help but be amused at the adjectives used to describe 9th and 10 princes by the author ROFL!!!!!! One is legendary venomous snake and the other a [legendary] block head LOL!!!
    I like me.

Yipppeeee Plushie, how fun to wake up on Monday to such great news!

Wow- we should definitely go slower from here on out... 1 full chapter a going is tough!

(Okay, off to work, but be back to read your chap!)

Meanwhile, Cutzie, I'm using Ruolan as well (in English "Sister" sounds a little like you're addressing a nun! )- no worries I think happy to keep using Ruolan or Plushie can decide Jiejie is better!

Haha Cutzie, I'll try but as it turns out Chap 4 part 1 is already a bit of a struggle- we'll see how far I get!

Lol. Cutzie, using Ruolan is not wrong but I thought using jie-jie keeps a bit of that original mandarin flavour. Plus in all of those Japanese subs, people seems to be alright with the usage of words like oniisan and oneesan. Plus Hoju was using it as well so I kinda went with it. ^^"

I have to say translating is hard. You so many tough decisions to make!
    Do you a) keep the original wording and order? or you b)make it easier to read in English but lose some of that style? I went for more of the latter because personally I rather understand the text easily than reading something that kept the style but is harder to read. I guess to compensate, I've been using a bit more of the original "pronunciation" of word for things like "jie-jie" and "mei-mei". XD

Also, I really think we should move this little project over to somewhere else. It's kind of messy and updates can get lost in all of this.The blog idea is kinda good. I'll check if there's anything we can do with that. Or even a new thread. Have we decided if we are just going to start up a new one? If yes where?
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-21-11 at 04:13 PM.

Ooh, yes. I vote we do the blog. I already have an account with blogger so it'll be easy for me to create one. If everyone agrees then I can get started with that It'll be fun

And I agree with using jie-jie and mei-mei, it gives a more authentic flavor to the text

Omg, you think like me! or I think like you.... haha! I am looking at blogger right now.

Edit: Hey should we name our translation group? Or just be the BBJX translation team? Or BBJX translation Project? XD XD I dunno....
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-21-11 at 04:28 PM.

Great minds think alike

I actually was just thinking about what we just name our team, lol! Maybe we could use something from the book? Let's just brainstorm. Yanfeng, Hoju, join in too! After we decided, I can create the blog then, if everybody would give me your email address, I can add you in as authors. Hehe, I'm getting really excited! I think I'm going to go make some graphics for our new site
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-21-11 at 06:07 PM.

You guys are awesome! I was just looking at setting up something in blogspot for the translation, but you guys are already way ahead of me!

One more vote to keep jie-jie, mei-mei. I've never liked using "Elder Sister" or "Little Sister" but if you change it to the names, you lose the cultural aspect.

Names... hmm... maybe based on one of the "classic" lines in the novel? Will have to think more about this.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

thank you so much for taking up this project!! you guys are the best XD

Ha! Hoju, you took the words out of my mouth, you guys can pretend we're characters in Hong Lou Meng at poetry club and create some pretty names out of bits of poetry ))

(And I'd also request a pretty pen-name for us while you're at it! )

Okay, but seriously, no strong feelings either way, though if we keep it to Spcnet by creating a separate thread in academia, that might make it easier for the lazy folks to access. (Like me. )

Jie-jie is cool-

BTW, I'm going to be doing a fair amount of travel the next 2 months, so going to be sporadic, but do my best to keep up on the side and will keep sending Cutzie what I have for QC! (Maybe Cutzie I'll be your back-up and do one part in each chapter you do?)

Thank you Plushie! Wheww, I registered on spcnet.tv just to post that. Just finished reading chapter 1 and this story is seriously becoming an obsession. So a big thank you to you and the rest of the translators for allowing all of us non-Chinese readers to enjoy the story as well. Looking forward to the rest of the novel and of course the drama when it comes out.

I tried to google translate this part where the 4th prince tried to save Rouxi from his son's arrow, but it is hard to understand. Would someone please translate this? Thank you.

四阿哥提步而去,我叫道:“我有话问你。”他停了脚步,却未转身,我绕到他身前,看着他问:“ 为什么?”他 静默了好半晌,苦笑一下道:“为什么?我自己也不知道为什么?待我清醒,我已经这么做了。”

我凝视着树干上的白羽箭,心里酸酸楚楚、又喜又伤,觉得原来我还是幸福的。在那一刹那,他 选择了身子挡 在我身前。一刹那,已经足够!

他冷冷道:“你不必多想,若给我点时间考虑,我肯定不会冒险这么做的。”我收回目光,笑笑 地说:“我只 知道你做了!”他目光沉沉地看了我一会,从我身边快步走开。

我转身笑看着他的背影,待他身影消失不见,走到树边,轻轻抚过箭上的白羽,谢谢你,让我终 于看明白和相 信了一些东西。

This is the google translation:

Fourth Age Ti step away, I cried: "I have to ask you." He stopped in her tracks, but did not turn around, I went around before him, looked at him asked: "Why?" He was silent for quite a long while, wry smile and said: "Why? I do not know why? After I awake, I've done that."

I looked at the white trunk Yu Jian, and my heart sour and distinctly, both happy and hurt, I was happy that the original. At that moment, he chose the body stand in front of me. Moment, is enough!

He said coldly: "You do not have to think about, give me time to consider if I definitely would not risk to do so." I look back, smiled and said: "I know you do!" His eyes sank into looked at my face, walked away from me.

I turned and smiled at his back, until his figure disappeared, and went to the tree side, gently stroking the white feather on the arrow, thank you, I finally understand this, and I believe something.

So what I got so far is "Transcendence" (because it was "a love that transcends both time and space") and "Against Fate" (since Ruoxi was fighting against fate the entire time)

"Transcendence Fantranslating Team," or "Against Fate Team" Argh I'm really bad with names, lol I just thought I post it for a laugh. Somebody please think of some other names quick!

xemphim2000, I'm too lazy to do a full translation but the basic gist of it is Ruoxi asking 4th why he did it (tried to save her), 4th replied that he doesn't know why, that by the time he knew what was going on, the deed was already done. He then added that if he did have time to think, he would not have done it.

That's a quick translation by me. Someone else might want to do a more complete one, or you can wait until we get to that part in our project Either way, hope that helps.
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-21-11 at 09:41 PM.

I just wanted to post a thank you for the hard work from all the wonderful translators. Even though I've read bbjx I feel a greater understanding for it now thanks to the footnotes.

Quote Originally Posted by xemphim2000 View Post
    I tried to google translate this part where the 4th prince tried to save Rouxi from his son's arrow, but it is hard to understand. Would someone please translate this? Thank you.

四阿哥提步而去,我叫道:“我有话问你。”他停了脚步,却未转身,我绕到他身前,看着他问:“ 为什么?”他 静默了好半晌,苦笑一下道:“为什么?我自己也不知道为什么?待我清醒,我已经这么做了。”

我凝视着树干上的白羽箭,心里酸酸楚楚、又喜又伤,觉得原来我还是幸福的。在那一刹那,他 选择了身子挡 在我身前。一刹那,已经足够!

他冷冷道:“你不必多想,若给我点时间考虑,我肯定不会冒险这么做的。”我收回目光,笑笑 地说:“我只 知道你做了!”他目光沉沉地看了我一会,从我身边快步走开。

我转身笑看着他的背影,待他身影消失不见,走到树边,轻轻抚过箭上的白羽,谢谢你,让我终 于看明白和相 信了一些东西。
    Hi Xemphim! I am not going to do a word for word translation but I'll explain in detail what's going on here.

Right after 4th shields Ruoxi from the arrow, he starts to walk away without saying a word. Ruoxi stops him and asks him why he did it. 4th was silent for a moment before telling her that he doesn't know. By the time he had realize what was happening, he already shielded her from the arrow. Ruoxi stares at the arrow, realizing how lucky and happy she was. Because in that instant, the instant when he went to save her, it was enough. (enough to prove to her his love)

He however tells her that if he was given a choice, or given time to think about it, he would not have blocked that arrow for her. She however tell him that all she knows is that he already did it and that's what really matters. He leaves and she strokes the feathers on the arrow while thanking it for letting her see the truth behind certain things.

This is a very crucial part of the novel as it solidifies Ruoxi and 4th's relationship. And I'm just going to repost what I had posted earlier in this thread. It explains why this incident was so important to Ruoxi.:

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Lastly, the arrow. This is why I love Tong Hua so much. She could have just ended it as it is but she made 4th say, "If I had more time to think, I would not have done it". He's not lying. He wouldn't have reacted if more time was given to him. Therefore, what had happened was done without thought. It means what he did was purely instinctual, and it came truly and honestly from his heart. He had placed her above himself.
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-22-11 at 01:18 AM.

hey plushie, can i have a minor request? can u upload the rest of the translations to mediafire instead? SG sometimes got problems with megauploads.

Guys, I got the blog almost set up but I need a name before I can do anything else. So let's brainstorm. I've already put two (really bad) names out there so everyone else needs to have two too Then we can decide which one we wand
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-22-11 at 01:15 PM.

I'm so bad with names..... So I can't help you here Cutzie. I'll keep thinking and keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by joeysak View Post
    hey plushie, can i have a minor request? can u upload the rest of the translations to mediafire instead? SG sometimes got problems with megauploads.
    Here you go. Hopefully it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yc8b8ceiob7fnbb

Here's the MU link again too:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E8BFSC68
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-22-11 at 02:04 PM.

How about magnolia, after 4th's favorite flower? Magnolia Translating Team? I think Magnolia and Transcendence sounds alright (forget about Against Fate, too corny :/) Hoju, yanfeng, where are you?

If it's too much trouble to come up with a name, we can just go with Bu Bu Jing Xin Translating Team.
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-22-11 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    I'm so bad with names..... So I can't help you here Cutzie. I'll keep thinking and keep you posted.

Here you go. Hopefully it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yc8b8ceiob7fnbb

Here's the MU link again too:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E8BFSC68
    Thanks for the link! Have been re-reading the novel recently, with this english translated version, indeed a very refreshing experience. Next chapters up soon!?

Rouxi and 13th had a very meaningful conversation the night before he was imprison. I tried to google translate but some part I couldn't understand. Would someone please help me with the translation. Thank you.

我问道:“为了玉佩?”十三瞪了我一眼道:“你以为个个都是太子爷?”我咬唇未语,他笑道:“你真是个傻子 !当日众人固然是为敏敏惊艳,可有心之人真正赞叹感佩的却是你,曲是你编的,舞是你排的,那如梦如幻的场景 都是你的手笔。就连我如今都想着你若舞动一曲该是何等令人震惊?而最难得的是你对敏敏的心,紫禁城里象你这 般大的女子哪个不是变着花样争奇斗艳,钩心斗角地争宠,很多貌似素静守拙的,也不过是‘以退为进’。可你却 真正只是让敏敏美丽,带着呵护欣赏去诚心赞叹维护另一个女子的美丽,老实说,我是没见过,估计四哥也没见过 !”他抿了口酒笑说:“还有你为维护十四弟所做的一切, ‘义气’二字你也当得起。”

我苦笑着摇摇头。十三阿哥接着道:“四哥做事,一贯心中自有定数,沉稳不乱,可当四哥身上揣着簪子链子 好几天,却一直犹豫不决是否给你时,我才惊觉他对你不是简单地动动心思而已。所以那日看到你戴簪而来,我心 里竟然是松了口气的感觉。十哥踹你一脚时,我看到四哥一瞬间眼里全是心疼。”

“四哥府中一向规矩森严,从没有人敢任意胡闹。”他模仿四阿哥肃着脸,眼神冷淡地看着我说:“不提家法 ,就四哥那张脸和眼神,就足以把所有人震慑住。”我拍了他一下,气笑道:“够了,你没有四王爷的气势,学虎 反象猫。”他哈哈笑着说:“你捉弄他那次,我还真为你担了心,可回头问四哥如何处置你的,他居然淡淡说‘不 是什么大事,随她去吧!难得见她这么高兴。’”

我目注着地上的碎瓷片,几丝暖意隐隐流动,猛地端起十三的酒碗,‘咕咚,咕咚’尽数灌下。十三拿过空碗倒满 酒,自己也喝了几大口。

十三双手撑在桌上,俯身对着我的脸,神色肃然地道:“若曦,不管你是因为怕皇阿玛指婚还是心里有四哥, 反正你如今已经给了四哥承诺,你就要好好对他,若因为八哥而伤四哥的心,我不会原谅你的。摇摆不定,伤人伤 己,我瞧不起这样的女人!”说完紧盯着我。

我立即回道:“我既然做了选择,以后就绝不会再和八阿哥有男女私情,因为我也讨厌夹缠不清的男女关系。 ”