Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Wow. I would not even bother trying if I didn't know the language. =O Now that's dedication!

To answer your questions:
    4th admires her because she is so different. She is independent, talented and she has a good heart. As a prince, he is used to seeing women trying gain favour in the imperial court using any means necessary, all in the hopes of trying to gain favour etc etc. But Ruoxi is different. She doesn't care for all of that. Instead of using her talents to get ahead, she uses them to help a friend (Min Min). She is also fiercely loyal and brave as shown in the incident where she races Min Min even when she can't ride a horse well at all. Thus 4th became intrigued by her and cannot forget her.

In regards to the hairpin and necklace. Earlier in the story, Ruoxi does return the necklace and hairpin to 4th as an rejection to his advances. In which, 4th does accept her rejection and decides to let her be. However, as 13th tells Ruoxi, the dance choreography and horse race incidents caused 4th to change his mind: He's not letting her go after all. It's the first time where 13th saw 4th ever look a bit flustered and unsure of himself (about changing his mind about letting Ruoxi go), when usually he is such a calm person and wouldn't go back to change something he already decided on.
    Thank you very much for your explaination. I like the novel but unfortunately, I can't read Chinese so my only option is google translation. Reading through google translation and reading all of your spoilers, I got a general idea about novel, but I miss out a lot of juicy parts. Thank to all of you, I'll able to read the English translation of this novel. T

The cast seems to have a great chemistry together and I just hope that the drama can live up to the expectation of the novel.

I'm likely going to be done Ch. 5 by the weekend. Plushie, would you like me to help you with some of the earlier chapters? I can start on Ch. 3 (or Ch. 4) if you haven't gotten there. Anytime you would like, you can come in and finish off that chapter. Let me know.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Hi Hoju, awesome!

Before Plushie grabs you, would you be up for doing Chap 4 parts 2 and 3? I'm stuck on part 1 (halfway through the part), and will likely finish that this weekend, but not much more! (I'm travelling all weekend), and feeling embarassed since Cutzie is done with parts 4-7 already!

Whoops! I've lost track and forgotten you guys were doing Ch. 4. Sure, I can take parts 2 and 3. Don't feel embarrassed. We all do what we can. My goal is to average 1/2 a page in MSWord of translated text a day. Not a whole lot, huh? It just keeps me plodding away slowly.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

lulupony, which poem are you talking about? In Ch 4, there's the poem Ruoxi recited and a line of a poem that 14th said. If it's the latter, then I've already found the profession translation for it If it's the former, then it should be in either yanfeng or Hoju's parts.

yanfeng, don't feel embarrassed. The only reason that I got parts 4-7 done was because I didn't have anything do to and it was the weekend. Now that school's catching up to me, I will be slowing down a lot.

BTW, how do y'all like the new blog page? If there's anything you want to add or change then let me know
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    lulupony, which poem are you talking about? In Ch 4, there's the poem Ruoxi recited and a line of a poem that 14th said. If it's the latter, then I've already found the profession translation for it If it's the former, then it should be in either yanfeng or Hoju's parts.
    haha. it was Ruoxi's poem. I guess you can still use the footnotes if it's useful. ^_^ Thanks for letting me know.

As for the poem by 14th, are you referring to "无事献殷勤,非奸即盗"?
    It's more of a common saying. In this context, it can be translated as, "There is no such thing as unmerited favor. You're up to something."
    Last edited by lulupony; 03-24-11 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lulupony View Post
    haha. it was Ruoxi's poem. I guess you can still use the footnotes if it's useful. ^_^ Thanks for letting me know.

As for the poem by 14th, are you referring to "无事献殷勤,非奸即盗"?
    It's more of a common saying. In this context, it can be translated as, "There is no such thing as unmerited favor. You're up to something."
    I think the poem you're talking about is in either yanfeng or Hoju's part. As for the line I'm talking (which I've already found the translation for), I don't have the (Chinese) exact quote but it's the one that goes, feeling the changing times, the flowers shed tears, fearing goodbyes, the birds are startled at heart.

Cutzie, that blog site's great! Love it!

(I even reread chap 1 again in English because I liked it so much!)

Lulu you're a dream. I struggled with that phrase, and came up with a miserably wordy thing that couldn't be half understood. I'm going to steal your translation of that one line for Chap 4 part 1 okay? Then you can be a co-translator! ))

I think the poem you're talking about is in either yanfeng or Hoju's part. As for the line I'm talking (which I've already found the translation for), I don't have the (Chinese) exact quote but it's the one that goes, feeling the changing times, the flowers shed tears, fearing goodbyes, the birds are startled at heart.
    The poem I'm referring to is in part 3, where Ruoxi basically flatters Kangxi by alluding to Qinshi Huang, Han Wudi, and Genghis Khan.

I finally found the verse you're talking about. haha. Fourteen is basically saying that Ruoxi is just being sentimental as she has gone through some emotional events, and it will pass with time. Your translation is one interpretation of the poem, but I think in the context of the novel, a more appropriate translation would be, "Heart so broken, at the sight of flowers tears will shed. Pains of separation so searing, at the cry of birds the heart will pound."

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Cutzie, that blog site's great! Love it!

(I even reread chap 1 again in English because I liked it so much!)

Lulu you're a dream. I struggled with that phrase, and came up with a miserably wordy thing that couldn't be half understood. I'm going to steal your translation of that one line for Chap 4 part 1 okay? Then you can be a co-translator! ))
    haha. no problem. It's a more direct translation and misses the nuance and the slightly teasing tone of the Chinese, but it will do.

I get such a good deal. haha. Only contribute one line and gets named. lol. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lulupony View Post
    The poem I'm referring to is in part 3, where Ruoxi basically flatters Kangxi by alluding to Qinshi Huang, Han Wudi, and Genghis Khan.

I finally found the verse you're talking about. haha. Fourteen is basically saying that Ruoxi is just being sentimental as she has gone through some emotional events, and it will pass with time. Your translation is one interpretation of the poem, but I think in the context of the novel, a more appropriate translation would be, "Heart so broken, at the sight of flowers tears will shed. Pains of separation so searing, at the cry of birds the heart will pound."
    Thanks, the poem you're talking about is in Hoju's part so you might want to pm it to her

Edit
    Oh, and also, I've put you down for chapter 8. You did say you wanted to do that chapter right?
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-25-11 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks, the poem you're talking about is in Hoju's part so you might want to pm it to her

Edit
    Oh, and also, I've put you down for chapter 8. You did say you wanted to do that chapter right?
    Ok. Thanks for the notice. I am doing chapter 8. I'm finishing up section 1 right now. ^_^

Wow- you gals are movin' this along!

Ok, I got done with part 1 Chap 4 at last- and Hoju unless you need me still for Chap 4 part 3, I might commence Part 1 chap 10 unless someone tells me otherwise! (Seems like a reasonably not-too-exciting but importantly not-too-complicated, so hopefully no one minds me staking out part 1!) A call for people who get done with their bits to split Chap 10 with me? (Or if you gals don't mind my speed, and find something simple, post and let me know what you'd like me to do!)

I'm on flights most of this weekend, so will translate on the plane, but wouldn't have proper internet till Sunday night US time. FYI!

hi guys! have been a long time lurker at this thread but I guess its time to step forward and offer my services to help translate the novel. (: that's of course if you don't mind my abysmal knowledge of chinese. ( i mean, i was the worst student in chinese class but at least i passed the exam! XD)

yanfeng, i don't mind helping you with chapter 10! the good chapter where ruoxi gets all angsty, stuck in her situation. pm me?

Default More RouXi & 4th Prince scenes please?

Curiosity got the best of me and I Google translated the novel. I know the drama will change a lot of things (such as the first meeting between RX & 4th prince) to make it more exciting for TV viewers I guess. The trailer had some scenes which look like they were taken word for word from the novel, which is always good and fans of the novel will surely love it.

Read somewhere (maybe it was on this thread) that Tong Hua wrote new scenes for the drama. I only hope that she added more scenes between RX & 4th. They barely saw each other in the first 15 chapters of the novel and I'm not sure if they even spoke directly in those scenes.

LSS & Nicky are lighting up the screen when I see them together. I can't wait until you guys translate chapter 20!!! If only my parents had sent me to Chinese school as a kid, I'd be fighting to translate that chapter myself.

Have you guys noticed any significant changes from the novel in the trailer & MV's?

Btw, Google translator still has long ways to go but at least they've made a real effort and made it convenient with Chrome.

There will definitely be some significant deviations. I LOVE the first meeting between 4th & Ruoxi in the trailer - nothing short of electrifying. Whereas in the book, 4th was a bystander when she and Mingyu fell into the pool during the catfight. That kind of first meeting is not dramatic enough for the screen. On TV, a normal viewer might ship her with 13th first in that pool scene.

I have to agree. I love the first meeting of 4th and Ruoxi in the trailer too. Beside that though, I didn't really notice any additional 4th and Ruoxi. But since the novel is in 1st person and the drama isn't, I think we will get a lot of additional scenes with the princes as well as more insight into their thoughts, which is always an additional plus.

The scene that I'm looking forward to the most is when 4th's shoulder hurts and Ruoxi insists on calling the doctor even though 4th told her not to, then becoming all embarrass when she finds out the reason, especially since 13th was there. I won't say anymore to avoid spoilers (though book lovers should all know what I'm talking about) but that scene made me laugh the most in the book and I can't wait to see how our trio will act it out
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-26-11 at 04:32 PM.

My favorite is the stargazing scene. So funny. ^.^ Ruoxi's all like, "Lying on the ground to watch the stars with Yongzheng? Might as well kill me first!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    LSS & Nicky are lighting up the screen when I see them together. I can't wait until you guys translate chapter 20!!! If only my parents had sent me to Chinese school as a kid, I'd be fighting to translate that chapter myself.

Have you guys noticed any significant changes from the novel in the trailer & MV's?
    Tang ren doesn't dare to show the changes if there is any. The hardcore book fans are already up in arms in regards to many of the minor changes they noticed already. I've seen people complain down to the tiniest detail. So TR definitely doesn't want to anger their devote fanbase before the thing has aired. Personally I like some of the change and doesn't mind them. Keeping the book as it is would not work on screen.

Also, lol you won't need to wait till chapter 20 for more 4th and Ruoxi interaction. There's some good ones in chapter 8 and 9 already. ^.^
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-26-11 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    My favorite is the stargazing scene. So funny. ^.^ Ruoxi's all like, "Lying on the ground to watch the stars with Yongzheng? Might as well kill me first!"

Tang ren doesn't dare to show the changes if there is any. The hardcore book fans are already up in arms in regards to many of the minor changes they noticed already. I've seen people complain down to the tiniest detail. So TR definitely doesn't want to anger their devote fanbase before the thing has aired. Personally I like some of the change and doesn't mind them. Keeping the book as it is would not work on screen.

Also, lol you won't need to wait till chapter 20 for more 4th and Ruoxi interaction. There's some good ones in chapter 8 and 9 already. ^.^
    No major changes? I suppose that's good. Don't fix what ain't broke.

As for chapter 20, I'm referring to the online chapters on the following website: http://www.xiaoshuoku.com.cn/sub_list/6470.html.

I think the chapters are different from what was ultimately published in the book version. The scene I'm talking about is when 4th finally makes a move. Caught me totally off guard!

Vienne94, yup, the chapters are different. That's going to be chapter 9 in the version we're translating.

Ande, welcome on board! Glad to have you join us I'll go ahead and add you to our list of translators. Just tell me whichever chapter you're doing later and I'll put it down

Lulupony, wow you're going fast. There's no rush but whenever you're done, send it over my way and I'll do the first round of QC, then I'll send it to Plushie who will do the final round. You can send it to me by pm or, if there are a lot of footnotes which makes it hard to copy and paste, you can send it to me as an attachment by email. Just pm me for my email address Oh, btw, I added you as translator and spot translator (since that's basically what you're doing with translating the poems and difficult lines for us )
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-27-11 at 02:15 AM.