Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    No major changes? I suppose that's good. Don't fix what ain't broke.
    No no I'm not saying there's no major changes. Just that if there is Tangren is purposely not showing it to people because it'll anger fans.

I'm still reading the first few chapters with my limited Chinese (since stopped Chinese language education in primary school when my family moved to Australia when I was 12). I'm wondering at this sense of existentialism Ruoxi must be feeling. She has memories from Zhang Xiao's modern day life (and Qing history knowledge from TV and movies), and yet seems to have memories about Ruoxi's childhood, such as her special closeness to sister Ruolan since they were born from the same mother (in a polygamous family). I don't get a lot of "weirded out feeling" about the dual identities thing in Ruoxi - it's there, but not as much as I want to see.

I would think her head must be insanely muddled up with criss-crossing memories. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartnickywu View Post
    I'm still reading the first few chapters with my limited Chinese (since stopped Chinese language education in primary school when my family moved to Australia when I was 12). I'm wondering at this sense of existentialism Ruoxi must be feeling. She has memories from Zhang Xiao's modern day life (and Qing history knowledge from TV and movies), and yet seems to have memories about Ruoxi's childhood, such as her special closeness to sister Ruolan since they were born from the same mother (in a polygamous family). I don't get a lot of "weirded out feeling" about the dual identities thing in Ruoxi - it's there, but not as much as I want to see.

I would think her head must be insanely muddled up with criss-crossing memories. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    No, Zhang Xiao doesn't have memories of the original Ruoxi. So she shouldn't be muddled by criss crossed memories.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Quote Originally Posted by iheartnickywu View Post

I know which scene you're talking about. Is it the one where her sister was giving her the cold shoulder after the catfight with Ming Yu? I think she pieced together RuoXi's childhood from what other people have told her. Also, her sister is the only person that really cares for her in this world. In such a situation, it's highly possible that RuoXi has come to think of her as her real sister and the emotions are real even if the history was not remembered but rather, learned? Hope you get what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    No no I'm not saying there's no major changes. Just that if there is Tangren is purposely not showing it to people because it'll anger fans.
    OK gotcha. I guess we'll have to see the next trailer/MV to see then. Also, I'm not sure if the news of 5 trailers is a good thing or bad thing. Yes I'm happy to see more scenes from the drama but this could also mean that the drama might not be ready for many months and they are trying to pacify the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    I have to agree. I love the first meeting of 4th and Ruoxi in the trailer too. Beside that though, I didn't really notice any additional 4th and Ruoxi. But since the novel is in 1st person and the drama isn't, I think we will get a lot of additional scenes with the princes as well as more insight into their thoughts, which is always an additional plus.

The scene that I'm looking forward to the most is when 4th's shoulder hurts and Ruoxi insists on calling the doctor even though 4th told her not to, then becoming all embarrass when she finds out the reason, especially since 13th was there. I won't say anymore to avoid spoilers (though book lovers should all know what I'm talking about) but that scene made me laugh the most in the book and I can't wait to see how our trio will act it out
    I read that chapter and don't quite understang. Did Rouxi sleep on 4th's shoulder/arm the whole night and that's why his shoulder was hurting the next day?

Also, other concubines have their own places but because Rouxi is not 4th's concubine, where does she stay?

Is it true that other people thought Rouxi is not favorable because 4th doesn't give her the title and demote her brother and father? Only the people close the the emperor know how important she is to king?

When Rouxi became 14th's concubine, 14th wrote a letter to the emperor to mock him? What is in the letter?

The head male servant at the washing place where Rouxi was a maid, did he get his hand and tongue cut off after 4th became the emperor? Did he try to harass Rouxi? When not success, did he make her life difficult by nip-picking her work? How did 4th know about this?
    Last edited by xemphim2000; 03-27-11 at 09:26 PM.

Hi all,

Back from travels and wow- loads to catch-up on!

First off Ande, for sure will pm you, many, many thanks for helping out here! ) Looking forward to working on Chap 10 together! (Would you like to start on Part 3 or work backward from the last part?)

Cutzie had also suggested that Chap 10 is far out enough for slow pokes like me!

BTW Ande, I don't know if you're thinking the same chapters because we're using sina here: http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/catalog.php?book=80155

I'm working on Chap 10 part 1 and 2 by this counting.

(BTW, Lulu, happy to help with 8th chap at some point too, but for now, I'm chipping away at 10. When I'm done with post here and get a sense of where you are on 8th!)

And Xemphim, ah, you're far too fast for us, you might have to wait on the translations to get all the bits!

Hey thought I'd give everyone some updates. I am hard at work on Chapter two, but haven't finished yet. I've been really busy this past week so I apologize.
    We will get some sort of update this week, though most likely not the entirety of chapter 2.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Hi Plushie,

Be SUPER to get just part 1 of Chap 2 if you have that!

No pressure at all! Of course people want to see the translations of all chapters by yesterday, but hey, just keep checking that you're having fun or else, stop until you do!

BTW, heads-up on scheduling, going to be taking 7 flights over the next 2 weeks, some LONG, so I'll most likely be a hermit just translating what I've staked out for awhile. Sorry on that!

Ande, if I don't hear from you by end of week I'll simply post here what I'm 'laying claim to' and leave you to pick what of the rest of Chap 10 you'll like to do!

Hope your weekend was good and the next 2 weeks are super for everyone! (It's nearly spring in the Northern hemisphere!)

Plushie, as yanfeng says, don't stress. This is all for fun. I can drop what I'm translating at the moment and help you out, if that would ease some of your pressure. I don't think any one of us is expecting that we post an entire chapter every update either, so if you can only post part 1 for this week's update, it will already be fantastic.

Wow! Have fun travelling, yanfeng!

==============
    Now, back on topic. Since everyone was posting their favourite 4th-Ruoxi moments, I'll add mine. I loved the part when Ruoxi was angry at 4th, and to appease her, he sang to her. (She'd been asking him to do it, ever since 13th told her how bad a singer 4th was, but he had always refused.) I love that he stops and asks if he is good, thinking that he may have improved because she was listening so intently. Instead, she answers that if there is an official that he is really angry at but cannot think of a way to punish him, he should just summon that official and sing to him.

Tehe!
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Plushie, don't worry. We're all translating for fun, so don't make this too stressful on yourself Like Hoju said, if you want any help, just give us a shout out.

Yanfeng, I was going to say welcome back but you're about to leave again Will miss you but have fun on your travels!

Hoju, I LOVE that part too! I like how 4th is always so formidable and serious, but when it comes to Ruoxi, he just doesn't know what to do with himself
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post

Now, back on topic. Since everyone was posting their favourite 4th-Ruoxi moments, I'll add mine. I loved the part when Ruoxi was angry at 4th, and to appease her, he sang to her. (She'd been asking him to do it, ever since 13th told her how bad a singer 4th was, but he had always refused.) I love that he stops and asks if he is good, thinking that he may have improved because she was listening so intently. Instead, she answers that if there is an official that he is really angry at but cannot think of a way to punish him, he should just summon that official and sing to him.

Tehe!
    Lol, what was his reaction? I'm not up to that part yet.

Love the scene when RX collapsed in the snow and was saved by 13th/4th. 13th ran to get help and left 4th alone with her. Instead of kindness and sympathy, he was cold and dropped her on her bum. She's furious but weak. Not caring that he's the future emperor at that moment, she tried to throw snowballs at him. He easily dodged them to further irritate her. 13th finally came with help and she waited until she was being carried away until she chucked one final snowball that she was secretly holding onto all this time. It hit it's mark and 13th laughed his head off. 4th couldn't help but smile as well. How can you NOT LOVE this girl?!
    Last edited by Vienne94; 03-28-11 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Lol, what was his reaction? I'm not up to that part yet.
    He was just kinda stunned. It's amazing how much 4th lets Ruoxi gets away with Another favorite moment of mine had to be when Ruoxi puts salt into his pastry. I love how 13th totally ditch her and how she kept following 4th and asking if he was angry. Finally he said that he's not angry but thirsty

Edit
    Plushie, I've sent you an email. Wasn't sure if you received it or not (since you said you don't check often) so I though I post here to let you know :P
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-28-11 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    He was just kinda stunned. It's amazing how many stuff 4th lets Ruoxi gets away with Another favorite moment of mine had to be when Ruoxi puts salt into his pastry. I love how 13th totally ditch her and how she kept following 4th and asking if he was angry. Finally he said that he's not angry but thirsty
    From 13th's description of 4th's relationship with his wives and children, everyone is afraid of him and tip toes around him. He's not even Emperor yet! Besides 13th, Ruoxi is the only one that treats him as if he were a regular person and isn't afraid to tease him. The salt in the food part was hilarious and he teased her back by saying he was thirsty. Who would have believed it?

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Hi all,
    (BTW, Lulu, happy to help with 8th chap at some point too, but for now, I'm chipping away at 10. When I'm done with post here and get a sense of where you are on 8th!)

And Xemphim, ah, you're far too fast for us, you might have to wait on the translations to get all the bits!
    Haha. Sounds cool. My translation has been on a standstill since I have a midterm and a presentation this week, as well as finishing up a research project for a symposium next week.

Btw, does your sections have poems. I finished translating a set of 3 poems in Ch. 10, but they might be in part 3.

Ohhh... my turn, my turn!

I'm cheating... multiple fav Rouxi/4th moments
    1) When 4th forces Ruoxi to say why she was 'banished' by Kangxi to wash clothes (so much understated drama with her unspoken confession and his very brief promise... )
    2) When Ruoxi thinks about 4th in the months before she dies and spends her time drinking the teas he likes to drink and appreciating the colors he loves and he spends his time thinking about her and monitoring his spies' reports on her.... apart, but somehow still together.

Hi Lulu, our posts crossed in cyberspace!

But oh, you darling! Poems from Chap 10?! Squeal! If you pm them to me I'll check and make sure to incorporate them-

Ande, I think this means you should send what you translate to me to collate (I'll put together my parts, your parts and Lulu's poems) before we send onto Cutzie/Plushie for QC.

Though Ande feel free to suggest any alternate arrangement- we're a very free-and-easy translating group. Our motto is "Don't Worry, Be Happy."
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-28-11 at 08:12 PM.

hmm... it's hard to say what my favorite 4th/Ruoxi moments are. I do love the salt in desert incident. I loved 4th's response. "I'm not mad. I'm just thirsty." haha
    It was a much welcomed happy and light moments in midst of all the angst. I think I just liked the couple of chapters when they first got together. They were so light in tone, and they're just so incredibly cute as a couple.

I also liked the part when Ruoxi asked a bunch of questions from 4th, when they're both a bit confused at each other's intentions. She started asking him non-sensical questions usually found in the "idol-questionnaires." "What's your favorite weather?" hahaha. gave me some great laughs.

Lol, I like the lighter moments between them as well. The heartbreaking scenes later too much to bear sometimes.

Hey guys,

Someone asked me on the blog what's our uploading schedule is like. Should I tell them that we will try to post something (might not be an entire chapter) every week, or that we don't have one?

My response at the moment:
    Since this project is in its infancy, we still haven't worked out a schedule yet. The team would like to have one, if possible; however, we will have to "go with the flow" for now until we figure out what works with the translators' real lives.

Would we like to discuss a posting schedule as a team? Once a week seems reasonable (e.g. every Tues night). We will strive to put up one part of a chapter, although, up to our discretion, we can post more if we have enough material that we are ready to release. Thoughts?
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑