Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

I apparently got addicted to translating so now I'm done with Ch.6 parts 4-6 I've started on chapter 7 before I thought maybe I should start on chapter 4 instead Oh, well. Maybe I just do part 1 of chapter 7 then take a look at chapter 4 and decide what I should do

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    I apparently got addicted to translating so now I'm done with Ch.6 parts 4-6 I've started on chapter 7 before I thought maybe I should start on chapter 4 instead Oh, well. Maybe I just do part 1 of chapter 7 then take a look at chapter 4 and decide what I should do
    Wow you translate fast!! What's your secret? If you want, I can look over what you have done and edit it, so it's consistent with what I am doing. Just send me your stuff.

EDIT: I just noticed you have been sending me stuff...... XD XD XD. Need to check my pm more..... Haha. keep translations coming. Waaaahhh this is so fun!~

Regarding a new thread. I don't know where we can actually start one up. It's not a wuxia novel so it feels weird to stuff it under wuxia translations. It doesn't really fit in acedemia either. It also feels weird to have 3 threads on just BBJX. XD
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-18-11 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Wow you translate fast!! What's your secret? If you want, I can look over what you have done and edit it, so it's consistent with what I am doing. Just send me your stuff.
    Lol, I think it's because the stuff I'm translating is really interesting Oh, and check your pm, I just sent you my parts.

As for where to post the story, I don't think we should do it in this thread. There are too many spoilers here. If it's weird to make a new thread, then maybe we could create a blog or something.

havent read this one yet, but tonghua writes pretty well. =p will keep a look out for this book then.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Cutzie, you are a god(dess)!

I'll have to start worshipping at your altar since you're incredible fast and (even better) give a very smooth read- I like how you preserved some of the grammar structures so that you give the 'mandarin' flavor to the text!

And can I say... I would have died trying to translate the bits about free-will and individualism vs. confucianism- you're officially bilingual in my books since being able to understand and effectively translate philosophy is just one step down from the rarified company of poetry-translators (which even professional translators and academics would argue about what the best way to do it! )

(Kow-tows to Cutzie!)

More! More! More!

(For my part, I'm slowly moving along, hope to have the first bits of Chap 6 done in a week- maybe I'll change my user name it Snail. )

PS In answers:
    I would vote for starting a separate thread on academia- since that's pretty much what this exercise is! (But flexible and it's Plushie's call!)
    Cutzie, unless one of the others has a strong opinion, I think what you translate is up to you! Whatever makes you a happier translator makes us a happier translating team.
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-19-11 at 04:01 PM.

Nooooooo~ At this rate Cutzie is going to translate all the fun and awesome parts leaving none for us!!!

M...us...t... translate faster...... >.<"

Lol, it's all part of my evil master plan

LOL...I hope you ladies won't mind, but I've already collected anticipating readers from youtube for your fantranslating

See comments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBh1yHc52yg
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 03-20-11 at 12:55 AM.

Aaaah! Xiao Xiao, you're putting pressure on us! Hehe... at least I'm feeling it. Glad that we have some readers. It's making me even more excited.

Sorry ladies that I haven't had a chance to reply. I've been quite busy. I've glanced through my PMs but haven't really had a chance to read them. Will do tomorrow! With the translated excerpts that have been passed around, would you like us all to QC?

I'm still craaaaawwwlliiiiiing along in my bits. I'm doing the romantic walk in the snow with Eighth, which I realized is not all that interesting to translate. Bring me 13th!! LOL!
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Can I at least translate chapter 9. My favorite scene is in there......!! XD XD XD
    Stargazing!

About the QC. I was wondering if we should have one person doing the QC or else it can get kind of messy if everyone joins in at once. Or somehow come up with a sort of rotation? I can be the final QC person to make sure of consistencies before posting online. What do you guys think?

Anyways, yah... this is becoming more of a translation team thread....isn't it...? XD

Lol Hoju, I think that the reason I was able to translate fast was because my part was filled with 13th

As for QCing, I agree that if everybody does it then it would be too chaotic. I think it would be easier if everybody looks over their own parts first before sending it in. After that, I can look over it and do the first round of QC then give it to Plushie who will do the final QCing.

And Plushie, you're ruining my evil master plan But I guess since I got a bunch 13th scenes as well as the bracelet scene, you can have chapter 9

I think I would like to do chapter 4 next since I do have a soft spot for 10th, but would anyone like to share with me? Cause I only like the second half, lol
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-20-11 at 03:10 AM.

To lend credence to Cutzie's theory that 13th is the key to speeding up translations, I just finished (in 3 hours flat! ) parts 2 and 3 of Chap 6, and it's all now, QC'ed best I could including changes to part 1 that I re-looked at and corrected, sent to Cutzie for compiling and final QC'ing!

Thanks you guys for letting me translate 6, I didn't realize what it was about when I volunteered, but I ended up loving the bits I did since I think it marks one of the moments of Ruoxi/13th's friendship when he tells her about his mother's anniversary!

Cutzie, I'm really slow, so I don't want to slow us down, but I'll volunteer to do Chap 4 part 1, and then we'll see about the other bits okay? Maybe you can work backwards staring at the end of Chap 4 and I'll work from forward, and we'll see where we meet in the middle, just keep posting here or pm'ing me about where you're at. For now I'll 'own' part 1! (And I promise I wouldn't be so fast that you'll have to worry about me doing the later parts of chap 4! )) Quite the contrary... I'll try tnot to slow the whole posting down by crawling over Chap 4!)

I'm easy in general about what I translate, but one request- if we ever get there since it's probably a LONG LONG ways away, I'd like to do the chapter where 4th kisses Ruoxi in the dessert! (Sorry don't even know which chapter it is, and if it's already 'taken' no worries! I'm easy!)

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Cutzie, I'm really slow, so I don't want to slow us down, but I'll volunteer to do Chap 4 part 1, and then we'll see about the other bits okay? Maybe you can work backwards staring at the end of Chap 4 and I'll work from forward, and we'll see where we meet in the middle, just keep posting here or pm'ing me about where you're at. For now I'll 'own' part 1! (And I promise I wouldn't be so fast that you'll have to worry about me doing the later parts of chap 4! )) Quite the contrary... I'll try tnot to slow the whole posting down by crawling over Chap 4!)

I'm easy in general about what I translate, but one request- if we ever get there since it's probably a LONG LONG ways away, I'd like to do the chapter where 4th kisses Ruoxi in the dessert! (Sorry don't even know which chapter it is, and if it's already 'taken' no worries! I'm easy!)
    Yay! Sounds like a plan I feel like I'm getting spoiled since I'm getting all the parts I like

Yanfeng, if I'm not mistaken, I think the kiss scene is in chapter 9 which Plushie had just reserved. I know. Mean, mean Plushie But I'm the one to talk, lol

Ah, okay if that bit is booked already, no worries then! I'm the slowest amongst us anyway, so only fair I (plus I'm happy to) do whatever coordinates best!

Chapter 4 here I come! (Ha! Took a peak and seems like the first part is pretty light-hearted... which is good- maybe there's less complicated concepts!)

Hoju, I admit I think that the romance between 8th and Ruoxi was so understated that, non-appreciative reader that I am, I just about missed it... and got puzzled why Ruoxi kept thinking about 8th! 13th and even 10th are fun because a lot happens between them and Ruoxi at least in the front bits!

PS Cutzie, sorry I meant to title my entry "Chapter 6 parts 1-3 (translated by Yanfeng)" not the whole chapter obviously!
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-20-11 at 04:15 PM.

Lol, it's alright. But did you mean to say (translated by yanfeng) or (translated by Yitiantulong)? Because the latter was on the pm you sent me and I was a little confused

On another note, I've already finished QCing Chapter 6 and sent it to Plushie to do the final round of QC

BTW, have we decided where we're going to post the story yet?

Hi Cutzie,

Horray on Chap 6 being done! (High five!) And leaving my user name is great (i.e., Yanfeng)

I think Plushie's just waiting until we accumulate enough translations to start releasing them- and I like that.

Plushie, no pressure to release them quickly. Maybe you can do one part a week? (At that rate Chap 6 alone would take 1.5 months to release so that should be a decent rate! )

Or we can release 1 part every 3-4 days until releases catch up with translation and then fall back to once a week- I think it probably isn't expecting too much to have each of us four translate one part of one chapter a month! (At that point we might fall to each translating the next part to be posted in some sort of rotating shifts! )

Anyways, remember the words of Douglas Adam- "DON'T PANIC"

Really admire ALL of you for your dedication! I can only translate short articles/interviews for the benefit of those on this forum who don't read Chinese, but have no time to translate whole novel chapters, else I get zonked out in the office from lack of sleep.

How long is the actual novel?
    I like me.

Dun Dun Dun Dun!!! TA DA!!

I have Chapter 1 done!!
    This calls for celebration!

My gosh that took a lot of work. I'm a very very slow translator..... >.<". I've actually spent a few hours every night these last few days going over it. It's taken a longer time than I expected, but I had a lot of fun.

I will continue to work on chapter 2 and 3 while the others carry on with the other chapters. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee I can keep up the speed. XD So Yanfeng, you don't have to worry about me catching up. I am thinking with continuing with a few part per chapter every few days from now on. Since this is the 1st chapter, I thought to release it in one go.

I've also decided to upload the chapter as a pdf file, because I find it's easier to read. If anyone else rather have it in another format, I'll try accommodate.

And I am sorry if there are any grammer mistakes and what not though. I've always had a problem with tenses....

Alright..... here we go. Go download now:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E8BFSC68

Edit: Ack.... I've already discovered some mistakes.... =X
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-21-11 at 12:49 AM.

Yay! I'm so excited! I just glanced through it and I noticed that you used Jie jie, which meant you would have to change it for Chapter 6 cause I've been using Ruolan

So sorry but I'll be sure to use Jie-jie from now on. I meant to do that from the beginning but don't know why I used Ruolan instead

Don't worry about the mistakes too much. I'm sure the others won't mind

Edit
    I've just finished parts 4-7 of chapter 4. Yanfeng, parts 1-3 are all yours I will be slowing down since I have two tests this week to study for. Also I want to read Plushie's chapter 1 as well as re-read and edit the parts that I have just done. I think I'll do chapter 7 next since it's far away enough for me to take the time I need. But if someone really wants it, I can go for chapter 8 Either way is fine with me.
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-21-11 at 02:30 AM.