Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Guys, I just had an idea (don't know why I didn't think of this earlier). So instead of creating a new blog and making everything complicated, why don't I just make a cojunction to my blog account? Everything will still go through spcnet. Which means we will do what we had been doing, sending each other updates through pm and we won't have to log in to different websites. We can also post links to new chapter here (this thread). The cojunction page will just serve as a filer, where people can find all the links easier instead of having to go through all the pages in this thread. This way it will be easier for me to manage as I won't have to create everything from scratch and everyone else won't have to do anything extra. Does that sounds alright with everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    How about magnolia, after 4th's favorite flower? Magnolia Translating Team? I think Magnolia and Transcendence sounds alright (forget about Against Fate, too corny :/) Hoju, yanfeng, where are you?

If it's too much trouble to come up with a name, we can just go with Bu Bu Jing Xin Translating Team.
    I like Magnolia. Was thinking of adding that flower into the name too. It's such an important symbol for Ruoxi and 4th. I like Transcendence as well but we really should ask for Yanfeng and Hoju's opinions. If not BJJX translation team is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh View Post
    Thanks for the link! Have been re-reading the novel recently, with this english translated version, indeed a very refreshing experience. Next chapters up soon!?
    Well I hope my translation helped somewhat or provides a different read. =X It's my first time translating, so I hope it's good enough for people to enjoy . ^^" I'm working on Chapter 2...... but like I said, will probably not be able to put up a full chapter a week like chapter 1. XD

Quote Originally Posted by xemphim2000 View Post
    Rouxi and 13th had a very meaningful conversation the night before he was imprison. I tried to google translate but some part I couldn't understand. Would someone please help me with the translation. Thank you.
    Lol Xemphim, you are really picking all the juicy and important parts huh? Can't wait for our translations? Just wondering, are you reading the entire novel yourself through Google translate? If yes I must applaud you. I always end up with terrifying but hilarious results with that thing.

Regarding the passage, what exactly are you not clear about?

To do a very general summary, 13th and Ruoxi are basically talking about 4th here. 13th basically explains to Ruoxi how 4th came to like her so much and how 4th's feelings are real. He also hopes that since Ruoxi has now promised herself to 4th, she should treat him well. 13th will not forgive her if she hurts 4th because of 8th.

Guys, I just had an idea (don't know why I didn't think of this earlier). So instead of creating a new blog and making everything complicated, why don't I just make a cojunction to my blog account? Everything will still go through spcnet. Which means we will do what we had been doing, sending each other updates through pm and we won't have to log in to different websites. We can also post links to new chapter here (this thread). The cojunction page will just serve as a filer, where people can find all the links easier instead of having to go through all the pages in this thread. This way it will be easier for me to manage as I won't have to create everything from scratch and everyone else won't have to do anything extra. Does that sounds alright with everyone?
    I feel it's cleaner to make a simple but dedicated Blog to put all the updates up.After all your blog is your own private blog, don't know if you'd mind the crossover. I actually don't mind setting the blog up myself if you rather not do all the work. XD
    Let me take a look at your blog first. What is your blog address? If you don't want to make it public just pm it to me.
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-23-11 at 03:05 AM.

Plushie, I wasn't suggesting putting it up on my personal blog. A cojunction basically means that my all account information gets transferred over so I won't have to "build" the blog from scratch (i.e. HTML, javascript, etc). The cojunction itself will be a completely separate page from my own blog. The cojunction is similar to a blog itself except it has fewer features and options but is less demanding. It will be like you say, "a simple but dedicated blog to put all the updates up." I don't know how much you know about blogs and apologize that I can't explain it clearer.

I don't have the page up yet (since it's going to be it's own separate thing) but once everyone agrees, it will be easy to get started

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Lol Xemphim, you are really picking all the juicy and important parts huh? Can't wait for our translations? Just wondering, are you reading the entire novel yourself through Google translate? If yes I must applaud you. I always end up with terrifying but hilarious results with that thing.

Regarding the passage, what exactly are you not clear about?

To do a very general summary, 13th and Ruoxi are basically talking about 4th here. 13th basically explains to Ruoxi how 4th came to like her so much and how 4th's feelings are real. He also hopes that since Ruoxi has now promised herself to 4th, she should treat him well. 13th will not forgive her if she hurts 4th because of 8th.
    Yes, I try to read the novel through google translation because I don't know any Chinese. It's hard to try to understang what they are talking about.

From what I understand from this part, 13th and 4th knew that she wrote the lyrics and chroreography the dance for Mongolian's princess, and they said that it's rare for someone in the palace to appreciate other women's beauty and that is one the reason that 4th love her?

Also, 13th talked something about the hairpin from the 4th prince which I don't understand. Did Rouxi return the hairpin and the necklace to 4th?

And did 13th said something about 4th's wife and kids are afraid of him, and 13th can't share his loneliness and only Rouxi is the one that can understand him? Did Rouxi put salt in 4th's food and he just let it go because he told 13th that it is rare to see her laugh?

Finally, thank you everyone for taking time to translate this novel. While waiting for the drama to air, we, the non-Chinese speaker, have something to look forward to.

Hi Cutzie/Plushie,

Sorry for silence- just no opinions on names, all sounds pretty!

Being able to access from spcnet is a bonus I think however we end up posting this.

Overall, you two should go ahead and make the decisions as far as I'm concerned! I'm easy.

Plushie, I love the footnotes for Chap 1- so much fun to learn the real meanings behind a lot of the phrases! And overall Chap 1 is so professional looking- like the way you presented it in pdf! Also enjoyed reading it... thanks!

But I echo Hoju's call- if you post parts of chapters (1 part a week? So Chap 2 can take 7 weeks if need be!) then people will have fun stuff to come back for!

PS So if you use Magnolia- would that make us all "Maggie"s?

One more vote for Magnolia. Love it, in fact! (Sorry for my lack of contribution. My daughter is teething --> not napping --> clingy baby --> less free time for mama.)

I like the idea of a blog. However, I think that yanfeng's right that we it'd be easier to somehow have access to updates through spcnet. It could be as simple as posting a link to the blog every time. (Can you tell I'm not as tech savvy?) I think we should make a new thread for novel translation. It is getting messy, and by seeing a new post pop up with an update, it'll help the readers.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 03-23-11 at 02:11 PM.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Let's go with Magnolia then

So I'm going to go ahead with that cojunction blog up since it seems to meet everybody's requirements (everything still go through spcnet, it'll just be a place where readers can find updates easier)

I post the link when the page is up

I'll have to answer your question in more detail Xemphim in a later post, doing a quick response here.

Sorry I misunderstood your meaning Cutzie. I used to dabble in site making and stuff but it was a while ago. I had a blog too but that was abandoned as well. :P Never used blogger, used pure HTML and later on wordpress.

Just to let you guys all know, I am putting up updates on the first post of this thread for easier access as well. So always check back at that first post.

Oh Plushie, Yanfeng, and Hoju, how can I thank you guys for all your hard work and effort? more duck, hot pot, pictures, dessert? You name it and you got it!

Hello everybody!! I only knew of the existence of spcnet yesterday, since I mainly hangout in the kdrama forums. I'm so excited that Chinese fiction and film industry is slowly burgeoning, and this thread is an indication of that. I've been itching to do some translation ever since I took a class on history of Chinese women, where some of the translations originate from 文言文, the ancient Chinese text. I've skipped over some of the more difficult parts of the novel (i.e. the poems) upon my first read, but I'm hoping to get a more thorough understanding over translations.

Let me know which chapters I can start picking up. I might be a bit slow as school is mounting up.

Thanks everyone. and Plushie, you never fail to amaze me with your knowledge. ^_^

The blog page is set up. Check it out!

http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Edit
    Lulupony, welcome to the team! As of right now Chapter 8 is unspoken for and it's really far away so there's no pressure in trying to go fast Chapter 10 and further down are all free too. As for the earlier chapters, I know Plushie is working on 2 and 3 (too amazing) so if you want to help on one of those, you can ask her about it. Also, you don't have to do a whole chapter if you don't want to. Yanfeng and I have been sharing chapters so if you only want to do parts, that's also fine. It's all based on what your preference. Like yanfeng said, whatever makes you happier as a translator makes us happier as a translating team
    Last edited by cutzie; 03-23-11 at 09:11 PM.

While reading the novel through google translation, did 4th say to Rouxi that he will ask Kangxi to marry her after Rouxi was kicked by the 10th prince when the 10th prince had a fight with his wife?

Also, after Rouxi told Kangxi the story about the 10th prince's fight with his wife and her advice to the 10th prince, Kangxi said something about forget not, treasure "康熙一直没有说话,空气中死一般的凝寂,我木然地等着康熙的发落,半晌后,康熙说:“起来吧!”我磕头立 起。康熙凝视着我,温和地问:“道理你说得如此清楚明白,将来有一日自己可能做到?忘掉得不到的,珍惜已经 得到的?” to Rouxi which she doesn't understand? What did he mean?

The blog page is set up. Check it out!

http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Edit
    Lulupony, welcome to the team! As of right now Chapter 8 is unspoken for and it's really far away so there's no pressure in trying to go fast Chapter 10 and further down are all free too. As for the earlier chapters, I know Plushie is working on 2 and 3 (too amazing) so if you want to help on one of those, you can ask her about it. Also, you don't have to do a whole chapter if you don't want to. Yanfeng and I have been sharing chapters so if you only want to do parts, that's also fine. It's all based on what your preference. Like yanfeng said, whatever makes you happier as a translator makes us happier as a translating team
    Thanks! I can also translate some of the poems, as that would probably be shorter, and I can grow in my Chinese literary knowledge. Let me know if there's random poems that I can help with in the chapters being translated so far. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lulupony View Post
    Thanks! I can also translate some of the poems, as that would probably be shorter, and I can grow in my Chinese literary knowledge. Let me know if there's random poems that I can help with in the chapters being translated so far. ^_^
    Maybe you can help me with that song Ruoxi sings to 10th in chapter 3. XD LOL.

Yes, I try to read the novel through google translation because I don't know any Chinese. It's hard to try to understang what they are talking about.

From what I understand from this part, 13th and 4th knew that she wrote the lyrics and chroreography the dance for Mongolian's princess, and they said that it's rare for someone in the palace to appreciate other women's beauty and that is one the reason that 4th love her?

Also, 13th talked something about the hairpin from the 4th prince which I don't understand. Did Rouxi return the hairpin and the necklace to 4th?

And did 13th said something about 4th's wife and kids are afraid of him, and 13th can't share his loneliness and only Rouxi is the one that can understand him? Did Rouxi put salt in 4th's food and he just let it go because he told 13th that it is rare to see her laugh?

Finally, thank you everyone for taking time to translate this novel. While waiting for the drama to air, we, the non-Chinese speaker, have something to look forward to.
    Wow. I would not even bother trying if I didn't know the language. =O Now that's dedication!

To answer your questions:
    4th admires her because she is so different. She is independent, talented and she has a good heart. As a prince, he is used to seeing women trying gain favour in the imperial court using any means necessary, all in the hopes of trying to gain favour etc etc. But Ruoxi is different. She doesn't care for all of that. Instead of using her talents to get ahead, she uses them to help a friend (Min Min). She is also fiercely loyal and brave as shown in the incident where she races Min Min even when she can't ride a horse well at all. Thus 4th became intrigued by her and cannot forget her.

In regards to the hairpin and necklace. Earlier in the story, Ruoxi does return the necklace and hairpin to 4th as an rejection to his advances. In which, 4th does accept her rejection and decides to let her be. However, as 13th tells Ruoxi, the dance choreography and horse race incidents caused 4th to change his mind: He's not letting her go after all. It's the first time where 13th saw 4th ever look a bit flustered and unsure of himself (about changing his mind about letting Ruoxi go), when usually he is such a calm person and wouldn't go back to change something he already decided on.

While reading the novel through google translation, did 4th say to Rouxi that he will ask Kangxi to marry her after Rouxi was kicked by the 10th prince when the 10th prince had a fight with his wife?

Also, after Rouxi told Kangxi the story about the 10th prince's fight with his wife and her advice to the 10th prince, Kangxi said something about forget not, treasure "康熙一直没有说话,空气中死一般的凝寂,我木然地等着康熙的发落,半晌后,康熙说:“起来吧!”我磕头立 起。康熙凝视着我,温和地问:“道理你说得如此清楚明白,将来有一日自己可能做到?忘掉得不到的,珍惜已经 得到的?” to Rouxi which she doesn't understand? What did he mean?
    This is harder to explain without understanding what had happened previously. Basically Kangxi is telling Ruoxi when the time comes, will she be able to, like to told 10th, to forget what she loves and treasure what she already has.

10th wanted to divorce Mingyu and causes a big deal out of it. You see Ruoxi was 10th's first crush/puppy love and as a result, 10th always used Ruoxi as a standard to the kind of woman he loves. But through Ruoxi's advice/speech, he came to understand that that was a long time ago and his true love now is Mingyu. He was then able to leave what he loved (Ruoxi) behind and learn to treasure what he already has (Mingyu).

Thus, Kangxi (who mistakenly thinks Ruoxi is in love with 13th) asks her, if she can do the same as what she told 10th. This is because Kangxi knows, 13th and her won't ever happen. he would never let it happen. And when the time comes, can she forget 13th and learn to cherish whoever he will eventually make her marry.
    Last edited by Plushie; 03-23-11 at 10:46 PM.

Who's working on the third chapter? I have the song translations finished, and I can pm it to you.

We have a poetry translator amongst us!

All hail!

Seriously, thanks Lulupony- and I think Plushie's owner of Chap 3!

If you wanted to just go through the book and translate any poem/songs you find, that'll be awesome help since Cutzie, Hoju and Plushie are too shy about doing poetry translations! (And I just can't read 'em)

hahaha. I'm actually pretty bad. I'm wary of the responsibility of a whole chapter, and poetries provide a nice way for me to brush up on my Chinese literature (Baidu is my lifesaver). Please excuse my poor writing though. Unfortunately, I do not possess literary sensitivity nor writing talents. But thanks for the warm welcome. ^_^

I adore the ending scene of Chap 8 and am tempted to translate this chapter, but all the detailed talk about the preparation of tea and pastries earlier in the chapter is scaring me off...haha...
    Last edited by lulupony; 03-24-11 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lulupony View Post
    hahaha. I'm actually pretty bad. I'm wary of the responsibility of a whole chapter, and poetries provide a nice way for me to brush up on my Chinese literature (Baidu is my lifesaver). Please excuse my poor writing though. Unfortunately, I do not possess literary sensitivity nor writing talents. But thanks for the warm welcome. ^_^

I adore the ending scene of Chap 8 and am tempted to translate this chapter, but all the detailed talk about the preparation of tea and pastries earlier in the chapter is scaring me off...haha...
    Don't worry. i can help you with it. Just translate it and during QC I can add more stuff for you if needed. If you don't want to take the responsibility of translating an entire chapter, one of us can do it then, and you can just do all the poetry.

I'm done with the poem in Chapter Four as well, so whoever has that chapter, call your name. ^_^

I'm going with professional translations for the ones that have them, just because they're so much better. I'll just be adding footnotes and accreditation where appropriate. I'll only translate the ones with no professional translations.

Edit: Since there are no more poems in Ch 1-7, I guess I'll take on Ch 8. It will take a while though. haha.
    Last edited by lulupony; 03-24-11 at 02:49 AM.