Thread: How does sex/ejeculation affect internal energy?

Default How does sex/ejeculation affect internal energy?

This is not really explained in JY universe, but you see references in movies that say sex is bad for martial arts development.

So what is the relation? And how does it work, i.e. does energy flow out of your penis as you ejaculate? Or does energy flow out of everywhere of your body as you experience pleasure?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Don't worry PJ, it won't inhibit your martial arts development

I'm not developing martial arts. Just want to understand the traditional Chinese philosophy.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Taoist believe that semen is your essence, or Jin. You ejaculate, you lose semen, you lose essence.

Taoists believe that blue balls gives you power.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I'm not developing martial arts. Just want to understand the traditional Chinese philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Taoist believe that semen is your essence, or Jin. You ejaculate, you lose semen, you lose essence.
    What Banh Mi says.

I believe what you are talking about refers to 房中术, which you can read on in this link.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Its kinda weird and not just confined in ancient times. One of my coaches used to tell us no funny business for 2 weeks before competition, not even self service

In JY universe, i remember in HSDS, Zhang Sanfeng was said to have supreme yang being an 80 year old virgin

As said before, in taoism, they do believe in retaining their jism... receipe for prostrate cancer imho. It is no wonder that when pugilist retire into a cave to practise their wugong, lots of them suffer fire deviation. The enforced celibacy must have driven them up the wall!

Yeah I think a lot of coaches still pass on this mantra, even though some studies suggest sex increases the amount of testosterone produced and thus increases aggressiveness and strength which might actually improve your performance.

But I think the no sex part nowadays is mostly a blanket statement to keep you from partying and drinking and attempting to get laid the night before a big game.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBelly View Post
    It is no wonder that when pugilist retire into a cave to practise their wugong, lots of them suffer fire deviation. The enforced celibacy must have driven them up the wall!
    Why do you think DGQB kept a big bird around?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Yeah I think a lot of coaches still pass on this mantra, even though some studies suggest sex increases the amount of testosterone produced and thus increases aggressiveness and strength which might actually improve your performance.

But I think the no sex part nowadays is mostly a blanket statement to keep you from partying and drinking and attempting to get laid the night before a big game.
    Not just coaches. Alot of professional fighters do this too. Professionals are notorious for being supersitutious. When it comes to big games and little rituals, better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post

Dunno about you but i notice guys are more aggressive when they are horny. :P
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Alot of people when they hear about the Taoist philosophy of sex/ejaculation, they think it is baseless and ridiculous. But I disagree. From my personal experience, I feel that semen is vital to survival.

Strange thing is, in Wuxia, lots of elite fighters marry, yet still maintain their vitality. Guo Jing is married to Huang Rong, for example. And judging from their loving relationship I'm pretty sure they bang each other every night. Yet Guo Jing is still able to maintain his status as an elite fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang View Post
    Dunno about you but i notice guys are more aggressive when they are horny. :P
    Aggressive, yes, but effective, not necessarily. Horniness is not conducive to clear thinking, so when clear thinking is needed...

So with that line of thinking, Guo Jing is the clear headed not as aggressive fighter, while Yang Guo is sexually repressed x 16 yrs agressive?

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    So with that line of thinking, Guo Jing is the clear headed not as aggressive fighter, while Yang Guo is sexually repressed x 16 yrs agressive?

Look at what they achieved before and after marriage....
    Proud to be part of http://www.asianfanatics.net/

Interestingly, Medieval Europe called ejaculation the "Little Death."

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBelly View Post
    In JY universe, i remember in HSDS, Zhang Sanfeng was said to have supreme yang being an 80 year old virgin
    I think Cheung Sam Fung was attracted to Gwok Sueng. If he was smart like Duan Yu and follow her around looking for Yeung Gor, he might has a chance to be with her. Too bad, he wasn't like Duan Yu

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I think Cheung Sam Fung was attracted to Gwok Sueng. If he was smart like Duan Yu and follow her around looking for Yeung Gor, he might has a chance to be with her. Too bad, he wasn't like Duan Yu
    Deun Yu was just one, rather disturbingly "WTF?!" exception. As a general rule, in both fiction and reality, stalkers succeed only in creeping out girls, not winning their hearts.