Thread: Grace Under Fire 《女拳》

Default Grace Under Fire 《女拳》

Chinese Title: 女拳
    English Title: Grace Under Fire
    Producer: Lo Wing Yin (Always Ready, Burning Flame, Split Second, To Grow With Love)
    Genre: Martial Arts, Drama
    Episodes: 32

RELEASE DATE: MARCH 7, 2011

Cast:
    Liu Xian
    Bosco Wong
    Kenneth Ma
    Raymond Wong
    Fala Chen
    David Chiang
    Jacky Heung
    Ngok Wah
    Claire Yiu
    Kenny Wong
    Evergreen Mak
    Ram Chiang

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ck7_RUFe8Io/TXHC7V9ihLI/AAAAAAAAKMk/xD2FJqZNutA/s1600/000001733746_1299146941.jpg')

Have anyone watch this kung fu drama here?is this drama good?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-03-11 at 06:08 PM.

This drama is unpopular isn't it? I think the genre shoos viewers away.

So far it's ok to me but it's still on introduction parts for the first 2 episodes so the plot is still hanging here and there..Liu Xuan's dubbing take away from the flow a little bit but it's not too bad because her original mouth is speaking in Canto..
    I'm mainly watching this because of Bosco anyway so until the second episode I'm quite into this :P..he's like a bull..or was it iron monkey :P

I haven't watched any TVB dramas yet this year, but I will check this out.

Why are they dubbing her voice anyways?? In the previews, it shows her real voice.
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    Why are they dubbing her voice anyways?? In the previews, it shows her real voice.
    At the early stages of filming Liu Xuan's Cantonese is bad but she improved after 2 months, now she's better.

After watching episode 3 I think the series develops a bit slow and some scenes feel unconnected.
    I'm personally having less motivation to wait for the next episodes now and maybe stopping here for a while because it seems that Bosco's story plot isn't going anywhere after three episodes and he hardly have any screentime, although I like his expressions. I think I'll just wait till the series ended and watch everything in one go

At the early stages of filming Liu Xuan's Cantonese is bad but she improved after 2 months, now she's better.
    Thanks. I didn't know who she was until you told me this. I just thought she was just a new Hong Kong chick that TVB is trying to promote. Then I googled her. I didn't know she was a gymnest.
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

OK, watched the first 5 episodes. It is decent so far although not much has developed. I liked the fight between David & Kenny. As usual, Kenneth plays a role that I really hate. He always manages to piss me off somehow. I was immediately reminded of when I watched Master of Taichi and cringed every time I saw him on screen. He was supposed to be better in Fistful of Stances but still pissed me off. Looking forward to how the plot develops between Bosco/Dominic and David. Raymond's role pisses me off too. I hate journalists.

watched 5 eps and looks good
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

so wonderful,thanks for sharing

I watched 10 episodes so far- I think it's a pretty decent TVB series (compared to what's already released in 2011). I like the genre and cast~ hopefully the storyline won't disapoint either. Looking forward to more fighting & romantic scenes! XD I've written up some thoughts on the first 5 episodes: http://k-tvb.net/grace-under-fire-episode-1-5-thoughts/

Liu Xuan still isn't quite fluent in Cantonese yet. I heard the producer made all the artistes on the set to speak to her in Canto as to help her improve in on the language. Although she spoke Canto while she filming, she knew ahead of time that her voice will be dubbed.

I finished 5 episodes of this so far. It's nothing close to great, but it's still bearable. These days, I don't have as much patience for period dramas as I use to, but they are usually better than the scripts of modern series, which are very lame.

Fala was initially the only reason why I would even give this series a shot as I'm not a fan of any of the other stars. She doesn't disappoint and her character is rather entertaining with her greediness.

Also, it's also Kenneth's first major role as a villain. He has been playing the righteous man in every TVB series imagined since his leading days. So this should be refreshing. Let's see how well he fares.

I heard that Raymond Wong's character will only last 6 episodes and I wonder how his character will be eliminated.

In terms of acting, the main cast is doing at least average while veterans are great as usual. However, the storyline is still kinda cliched and dry at this point.

I love this series.. also does anyone else think that Kenneth Ma's character is turning evil to get the trust of the bald guy and expose him?

lol he's definitely gonna **** up the bad guy after what happened in the last few eps

I just finished struggling through this piece.

My verdict: @#$%&! writing and editing!! TxB product getting on my nerves!!

I don't have much to comment because many negative remarks may come out. I'll just comment on Ah Long and Ah Fa. F*** the @#$%&! script but I love their chemistry and acting.

Some of you may disagree and pointed out Bosco's under-stated acting style in this drama. Understood. It worked nicely for me doesn't mean it work fine for others. I appreciate his controlled and subtle performance style but some may wish to see a full-fledging dramatic style. His character was never meant to overpower others and I personally find him doing well in the limited space and screen he got. If it's not for him I might've already dropped the drama.

Fala's character is mostly a vase and stop being a vase only when approaching the final minutes of the series. She did well for what she's given. Some of you might think she annoys in the first half of the drama, but I think that makes her character more dimensional.

I have soft spot for all the veterans, love them. As for the others..I'll leave for others to comment.
    Last edited by goggle; 04-18-11 at 02:31 AM.

Oh and I love John Chiang and Lam Ka Wah's acting too. They are experienced in fighting and also acting in constrained subtle style.

Failure of Female Fist: THE STORY ITSELF!!!!

Is it just me or did the script explode into little pieces of crap in the last 6 episodes?
    NAMTOWN!

Kenneth's character is so immature and despicable!

SPOILER
    Even though he may not have directly killed Raymond, his drunken act was the cause of Raymond's death. He's such a pompous idiot.
    SPOILER

Granted, I'm only up to episode 10, but so far, he has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. His annoying hair cut isn't helping the cause either. I wish they'd found someone else whose looks are more versatile to play his role because he looks way too old to play the young, dorky, feeble-minded character in the beginning.
    Last edited by skylee; 06-01-11 at 02:49 AM.