Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: In the Name of Doctors 《以医生的名义》

So Fu told Hang that in ep 13? If so then Hang knew he isn't Fu's son in ep 13 then? No need for the DNA testing later on right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    So Fu told Hang that in ep 13? If so then Hang knew he isn't Fu's son in ep 13 then? No need for the DNA testing later on right?
    Fu didn't say yes or deny Han was his son. Han requested a DNA test but Fu refused. Later on Guan Shan stole a blood sample of both and did the DNA test and found out that Han wasn't Fu's son.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/725b895djw1dqtillb0uvj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/78ad4dbbjw1dqtofcq9lbj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4a16d80ajw1dqyl1p2yqfj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4a16d80ajw1dqylb5w18zj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t3.qpic.cn/mblogpic/def80484608d382b66b6/460')

喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Erm dont really like this voice, I prefer the one Shen Lei did for him in Strange heroes
    I agree.
    But it's not a bad drama three episodes in. Really like Dr Sima. Would prefer the show to focus more on the senior medics.
    I really need to get used to the overt moralizing in Asian medical dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Oh technical bugs. There are many mistakes in the drama that people think they didn't take it seriously. However, according to the crew some of the operations were performed by actual doctors (in close-up scenes) plus they have real medical people showing them the technical aspects in the drama. But I guess for these medical people performing an operation and teaching non-medical people to act is a totally different matter.
    Does that really matter? Everyone knows this is fiction. Surely nobody thinks this is a direct reflection of real life.
    There have been tons of medical shows made in the US, I didn't think any really believes that everything in ER or House actually happened. A TV show still needs to entertain the audience.
    Maybe it explains why the show goes overboard with the preachy stuff to pander to certain sensibilities.
    I've seen a few Japanese medical dramas especially the Team Batista series and this series really crawls by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
    It seems that this drama has received a lot of drawbacks from the medical professions because of the medical bugs. I think Wallace was right, likes he said in the interview with TV Series, he should consider seriously next time for taking similar serious dramas in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Three more TV channels are showing In the Name of Doctors. I do hope Wallace will stop taking in dramas such as QSHF and this one... This drama is made for older (I meant very old) people. *sight*
    Wallace, like most actors worth their salt, probably wants to do a variety of roles which is commendable. His choices are probably not going to appreciated by everyone but at the end of the day, it's his choice.

EP 6: Isn't granny jumping the gun there with Guan Shan? Spilling her guts at this stage? Writing feels a tad dodgy there. Guan Shan's response to Zi Hang feels off too. Performance feels off.
    Last edited by Easter Lily; 04-12-12 at 11:25 PM.

After watching over a dozen episodes, I've decided that I haven't got the time or stamina for this.
    The intentions were probably good but the execution is just too heavy handed and tortoise-like for me to bother with. Far too much speechifying and in-your-face pontification for my liking. I don't think anyone would have noticed if they cut about 5-10 episodes.

Dear Wallace, he really tried here. Aside from the wonderful Sima Boming and Han Zhihang, the rest of the main cast did nothing for me. The chat sessions between the interns were fast-forward material. Still, some of the supporting cast were quite decent.
    Han Zihang's obligatory romance with his intern was as exciting as watching bacteria growing in a petrie dish. I don't think Wallace is the problem here although, I admit with great bias, while watching Detective Tang Lang, I had a strong impulse to commit bigamy with him. His character's romantic interest, to put it kindly, was an automoton. She smiled prettily and pouted when called to do so but for some reason can't do sad to save her life. Frankly, she looked like a wet towel next to Wallace.

And people were afraid that Wallace would be the weakest link?? The man is a star and lights up the screen every time he's on.