Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: In the Name of Doctors 《以医生的名义》

Yeah saw that filming finally started! And wallace's hair is now back to black

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/633606607b0ec77cb9998f49.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Yeah saw that filming finally started! And wallace's hair is now back to black
    Don't hold your breath. CCTV series usually take a long time to broadcast, sometimes up to 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Don't hold your breath. CCTV series usually take a long time to broadcast, sometimes up to 2 years.
    2 years?? Aaagh...

I hope it won't take 2 years to broadcast. Wallace is a hot potato in the Mainland at the moment. Who knows what will happen 2 years down the road.

Here are some photos of the handsome doctor:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1256394185_8Zx4D9r-M.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1256394231_7rhpb7C-M.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1256394257_jtqmzwd-M.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
    I hope it won't take 2 years to broadcast. Wallace is a hot potato in the Mainland at the moment. Who knows what will happen 2 years down the road.
    Nah...it's only sometimes takes up to 2 years (remember ROCH06 anyone?). But most of the time, it should be a little less than a year. Also this is a modern series with no need for special effects like ZJZ's JTTW.

any ideas what is series is about? who the female lead?

Default Story outline of Touching Lives

The story began with Han Zihang (韩子航, played by Wallace Huo) returned from the United States to China. Abandoned by his father Han Zihang spent his childhood with his mother. After his mother died because of illness, the unhappy Han Zihang studied abroad with the support from a well-known pharmaceutical company boss Fu Hongbo(傅洪波). Fu Hongbo was suffering from senile dementia. Prior to admitting to the hospital, Fu Hongbo entrusted all his wealth to charity for the development of hospitals. He had become the most distinguished guest patient in the hospital.

Fu Hongbo asked Han Zihang to return to China and to become his intensive care doctor. Upon hearing the news from Fu Hongbo, Han Zhihang gave up his practices in the United States and returned to China. Han Zhihang believed that it was time to repay his benefactor. But unknown to him was that his life would turn upside down when a secret was unveiled.

Upon reaching the hospital, Han Zihang met the slightly hostile Ma Boming(马博铭). Ma Boming is in line to be promoted as the head of the surgical department. Han Zihang also must face the five new interns—aggressive Gong Fan (巩凡), wealthy and influential Cheng Nan(程楠) , Poor talker Feng Shou(丰收), handsome and humorous Xiao Jun(肖俊), and specifically requested by the head of the surgical department to carefully look-after Guan Shan(关姗). The doctor practices began under a series of suspicion, conflict, confusion and secretive incidents.
    Last edited by tobeme; 04-20-11 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    any ideas what is series is about? who the female lead?
    The lead actress has yet to be determine. Since this is a "man" drama, there will be many well-known actors participating in this series.

Damn, I never found Wallace super-attractive before but he is looking super fine in modern attire! O_o It's funny how some guys suit the modern look so well but are just so-so (just IMO of course) in costume dramas. While other guys look way better in ancient wear. (And some guys just look fantastic no matter what they're wearing... :P)

I find it funny that "doctor shows" have been so popular in America for years but I don't think I've seen a lot of Chinese "medical" dramas. (Though to be fair I don't exactly pay that much attention to modern Chinese series too much.)

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    The lead actress has yet to be determine. Since this is a "man" drama, there will be many well-known actors participating in this series.
    From the story it seems that Guan Shan is a girl? So maybe she will be the lead since all the rest are guys?

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Damn, I never found Wallace super-attractive before but he is looking super fine in modern attire! O_o It's funny how some guys suit the modern look so well but are just so-so (just IMO of course) in costume dramas. While other guys look way better in ancient wear. (And some guys just look fantastic no matter what they're wearing... :P)

I find it funny that "doctor shows" have been so popular in America for years but I don't think I've seen a lot of Chinese "medical" dramas. (Though to be fair I don't exactly pay that much attention to modern Chinese series too much.)
    Are u kidding?? I love Wallace in period dramas!! Hee..

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post

I think Wallace is super attractive in CP3!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1260253456_vPZbxcx-M.jpg')

Are u kidding?? I love Wallace in period dramas!! Hee..
    That's because he kept his natural hairline in CP3 and Qing Shi Huang Fei and just had a bun on top of his head. Take away the bun, he looks the same modern. I didn't like the dirty long hair in Strange Hero - somehow don't think he can take the long hair look (remember...gag...the floppy head in Sound of Colors?). Also doubt very much he can look good bald like Kevin Cheng. Hence much rather he stays with min guo/pre-modern/modern dramas like the super Detective Tang Lang.

How about his look in the Romance of the Red Dust (風塵三俠之紅拂女)? I think he looked very nice in that show. It was that show that I got hook by him.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1260245684_gcMzJBd-L.jpg')

Hmmm...still looks not much different from modern short hair. Just that the hair is pulled back. Doesn't have long hair encircling the face.

I still think he looks best in Detective Tang Lang (my favourite Wallace series). Touching Lives looks great too - I can really see him as a handsome doctor and he has the compassionate look that goes with it. Just hope it won't be too heart-breaking. It's wrenching to see gorgeous male leads suffer unnecessarily.

But Romance of the Red Dust looks really good. That's the next series on my list to catch.

Hopefully we can see Touching Lives aired within the year. I know modern series don't take that long to edit compared to period dramas (sorry, shouldn't compare it to ZJZ's ROCH06 or JTTW - anyway slow is ZJZ's style).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 04-21-11 at 11:04 PM.

I agreed that he won't look good without the front hair. I'm glad that he turned down Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步惊心). How about this one...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1212827216_45uib-L.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    I agreed that he won't look good without the front hair. I'm glad that he turned down Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步惊心). How about this one...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jenfootprint.com/photos/1212827216_45uib-L.jpg')
    Perfect!! Still very handsome

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Hmmm...still looks not much different from modern short hair. Just that the hair is pulled back. Doesn't have long hair encircling the face.

I still think he looks best in Detective Tang Lang (my favourite Wallace series). Touching Lives looks great too - I can really see him as a handsome doctor and he has the compassionate look that goes with it. Just hope it won't be too heart-breaking. It's wrenching to see gorgeous male leads suffer unnecessarily.

But Romance of the Red Dust looks really good. That's the next series on my list to catch.

Hopefully we can see Touching Lives aired within the year. I know modern series don't take that long to edit compared to period dramas (sorry, shouldn't compare it to ZJZ's ROCH06 or JTTW - anyway slow is ZJZ's style).
    Romance of the red dust is the Hong Fu Nu show with Shu Qi? I didnt like that, coz his skills no good in that show, had to be rescued by Shu Qi etc. I prefer my man to be the hero..

Romance of the red dust is the Hong Fu Nu show with Shu Qi? I didnt like that, coz his skills no good in that show, had to be rescued by Shu Qi etc. I prefer my man to be the hero..
    I don't like his character in the Romance of the Red Dust either. However, I like his innocent look in that show. Every time I saw him smile, it was the purest smile on earth. Wallace was about 26 years old when shooting for that drama. I think it is hard to find that innocent look of him nowadays. He is now more mature and hold back.