Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading currently?

Reading sushi for beginners and the fudge series.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes
    peetee,

Are you talking about the "Shopaholic" series by Sophie Kinsella?

If so, that series is hilarious!! I read Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhatten, and Shopaholic Ties The Knot. They are phenomenal and great!
    my sister is addicted to it.
    i'm reading HP and the order of the phoenix (again)
    the last chance texaco
    and chicken soup for the teenage soul III

The Graduate- Charles Web

Kekeke... Hello Mrs. Robinson..

Reading:
    - "Shopaholic & sister" by Sophie Kinsella, will recommend "Can You Keep A Secret" for people who like the Shopaholic series

- "Chainfire" by Terry Goodkind, book 9 of Sword of Truth ...... OR book 1 of Chainfire trilogy. This is it folks. The end of this long journey (9 years!) is in sight ... 2 more books!
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Jeffrey Archer's prison diaries.
    Up to volume 2: purgatory.

I'm just starting Shopaholic and Sister. I know it will be as good as the previous 3.
    WU ZUN ! <3

Started on "Who Moved My Cheese?" By Spencer Johnson.

I don't read much normally, but I've been reading the Chinese ghost/mystery story "sui lian" (shattered face). I stumbled upon it while checking out a Jin Yong story on a site. The story was so popular on the net that a publisher actually bought the rights from the author and published it.

The story is about a mystery surrounding a med school where each year a student will jump to her death from the same room on the same date, and the victims all visited the campus morgue (where body parts are stored for study and dissection) after midnight.

It's actually very well written except for a few minor spots. Only half of the story is on the net, you have to buy the book to finish the story.
    This account is retired.

The Remarkable Journey of Prince Jen by Lloyd Alexander.

I'm trying to finish off "Grass for his Pillow" and start "Brilliance of the Moon" both by Lian Hearn.

Eh half of the time, I feel that this author is too wordy with all these details and unneccessary scenes(flowery embellishments) in his books. It's safe to say sometimes i fall asleep while reading his Otori Tales Trilogy. The story is interesting but the way he writes it and chooses to tell the story just bores me to tears. Why am I still reading it then? Just hoping it gets better some how.

I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Perfume by Patrick Suskind. I'm halfway through it. Its pretty good. About this French guy who was born without scent. However, his sense of smell is really acute and can smell everything. Anyway, talks about how he murders people to get their scent. Its been highly recommended by heaps of people.
    Do not offend the grapes...

Just finished Iris Chang's Thread of the Silkworm. It's about Tsien Hsue-shen, a scientist who was targeted in the U.S. during the Red Scare and was deported back to China. He then became the father of China's aeronautics program. It's a good read. I was quite inspired by this.

Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Da Vinci's Code. I must be the only one in the world that has not read it. Everywhere I go, (in the trains, busses), i see people reading it. I'm nearly towards the end of the book and seriously, I dont get what the hype is all about.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI2000
    Da Vinci's Code. I must be the only one in the world that has not read it. Everywhere I go, (in the trains, busses), i see people reading it. I'm nearly towards the end of the book and seriously, I dont get what the hype is all about.
    Don't worry, I haven't read it either so your not the last person reading it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Don't worry, I haven't read it either so your not the last person reading it.
    Yeah, I haven't read it either and don't think I will. I tried "Angels and Demons", don't like the style.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by tinac
    Yeah, I haven't read it either and don't think I will. I tried "Angels and Demons", don't like the style.
    I don't think that Dan Brown is a very good writer. There's nothing extraordinary about his prose. What he has though is a good imagination. I have read the Da Vinci Code and was fascinated by his ideas. But I didn't find anything in his style that truly stood out. Give me a Sheldon anytime.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Currently reading "Lost" by Gregory Maguire.

I haven't read it and don't plan to. I'm reading The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells now. So far it's pretty good.

i'm reading the second shopaholic. Her and Luke are the cutest ever.