Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKIP-BEAT!~ 華麗的挑戰 / Extravagant Challenge - Ivy Chen, Siwon Choi, Donghae Lee

I just finished watching episode 8.

The last two episode had been the best of the series so far, and I predict that things will continue to get better- similar to the original manga, when the acting is emphasized the manga shines.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I just finished watching episode 8.

The last two episode had been the best of the series so far, and I predict that things will continue to get better- similar to the original manga, when the acting is emphasized the manga shines.

Han Solo
    What's that two episodes on? I think episodes on Dark Moon will be interesting.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    What's that two episodes on? I think episodes on Dark Moon will be interesting.
    It's about their auditioning for the commercial and getting picked! I agree, it was pretty good to see their friendship blossom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    It's about their auditioning for the commercial and getting picked! I agree, it was pretty good to see their friendship blossom.
    Aww for Kurara? That sounds really good, yeah! Maybe I should just watch it too... when I have the time.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Been watching this show. I like how it's rather faithful to the novel but the show tends to move too slowly, and a lot of the visual gags are undone by that. Ivy is great though, and so is Bianca (I remember watching her in FTLY and hating her character thoroughly, and she's impressed me in this show as well!).

I'm really not fond of Si Won's acting though. Most Korean actors/actresses are pretty freaking good at their craft, but I can't stand his simpering looks half the time. Is that him trying to act sexy? Like, argh. Dong Hae is alright, but I wish I felt his character's douchebag-ness more strongly!

P.s. the terrible dubs don't really help. The ones dubbing Ren and Sho sound sluggish.

Just finished the Angel arc. Over-exaggeratedness: same old, same old. But I like how when it comes to the important parts, they really do a good job. Such as the audition for the commercial, and Kyoko as the angel turned demon. While the scene wasn't as glorified as in the anime, it was still well done in terms of getting the right emotion and point across.

One thing about that scene I disliked was how the director (?) lady just had to say "She's now turning into a demon." when Kyoko was slowly transitioning from angel after she pushed Shou off. I thought that just killed the moment. Since the audience is already seeing the change, it was kind of redundant... "She's turning!" "Um, yes, I know."

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    Just finished the Angel arc. Over-exaggeratedness: same old, same old. But I like how when it comes to the important parts, they really do a good job. Such as the audition for the commercial, and Kyoko as the angel turned demon. While the scene wasn't as glorified as in the anime, it was still well done in terms of getting the right emotion and point across.

One thing about that scene I disliked was how the director (?) lady just had to say "She's now turning into a demon." when Kyoko was slowly transitioning from angel after she pushed Shou off. I thought that just killed the moment. Since the audience is already seeing the change, it was kind of redundant... "She's turning!" "Um, yes, I know."
    A lot of the commentary of how Kyoko or Ren leading their co-star is usually noticed by the ones acting opposite of them. It was unnecessary and redundant for the people around them to comment on everything. I agree.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

After watching episode 11, I'm starting to get annoyed of Kyoko... She seriously acts like 16... You would think after being given all those opportunities to enter the entertainment circle and succeeding in so many ways, she would have grown a lot by now. But in episode 11, why was she throwing a tantrum about her role in Dark Moon? I think that was just too much, too exaggerated, to the point that it made her seem out of character. There was an earlier episode where she almost lost Corn and when she found it, her reaction was just...too stupid for someone her age... I think this adaptation belongs more in the comedy genre...

Either way, I'm still excited for next episode! The previous-generation Mio appears to be an excellent casting choice!

I had watched till episode 11."The director" of Dark Moon is certainly pretty over-acted with the fainting- certainly unlike the frail character in the manga.Reading the subbers comments at a certain site, it seems that the drama, at times, are more faithful than the anime.Not a bad drama, but I think I still prefer the manga than the drama.Regarding, Gong Xi (Kyoko) from the post above, she is 16. That's who she is, and some stubbornness and immaturity is part of her character.I can't wait for episode 12 where Lian (Ren) will attempt the piano session.Btw, how many episodes are there in the series? Finishing soon?Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I think about 14 episodes, so three more episodes to go.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Aww, so no more Natsu arc then.

I understand Siwon and Donghae's voices are dubbed because they are Korean and speak Korean when acting in this show. It's just kind of displeasing to watch and end up focusing on how their lips/mouths open when they speak. It' just looks unnatural. Like they don't open their mouths wide enough and they're whispering or something. Really distracting. Add to their facial expressions..like the scenes where Gong Xi is kind of thinking to herself...and they switch over to Lian standing next to her. It's like he's waiting/listening for cue to react or interact beside her. In short, I don't like how the lip movements don't match well with what is said.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-19-12 at 12:38 PM.

Someone mentioned that this series will end at episode 15 instead of 14. I guess they extended it.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-19-12 at 12:40 PM.

The show gets much better after ep 7!

Ivy is uber-adorable and she pull off the exaggerated expressions required by Kyoko really well. :3

I'm still hesitant to watch this series. Mainly because the manga was 10 different levels of awesomeness and the anime was wonderful too (before it being cancelled that is). Ah well, better get off the fence and have a peak...

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    The original manga has been translated to chapter 183.
    [COLOR=#417394]http://www.mangafox.com/manga/skip_beat/[/COLOR]
    Thanks! I lost my link to the translated manga. (Star Wars fan who favours someone other than Boba Fett...wow; I'm a post-broiled Darth Vader fan myself )
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 03-31-12 at 06:04 AM.

Just finished this series, I admit it ended on a nice conclusion which the anime didn't. I was totally surprised they had THAT scene (even if it was a daydream) and I'm glad they gave that to the fans which they didn't get from the anime nor manga (at least I think not in the manga).

Just finished watching the series.

Overall, quite strong performances from Ivy as the main actress.

The korean guys put me off with their acting.

Handsome for the fangirls, but I always imagined someone of the caliber of Tony Leung or Takashi playing the main actor. That kind of magnetic mannerism and superb acting.

If this series cut down on the over the top humor and uneven special effects at the start of the series, it might have had more audience.I give this series 7/10

Han Solo
    Last edited by Han Solo; 04-02-12 at 04:01 AM.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control