Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Secret History of Wu Zetian 《武则天秘史》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6f7c4761gw1dmklq4ou94j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/72ee0b4ftw1dmkmwcfushj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/63abb98egw1dmlbnu1351j.jpg')

Secret History of Wu Ze Tian is the next Hunan TV series coming up after Sealed With A Kiss.

Will Wu Ze Tian be the next big thing after the current Yongzheng craze?

Here's the OST.

Thanks swtaznlaydee & Xiaolong for clips and pics! I'm looking forward this drama.
    This drama seem to be filled with scandals and dramatic scenes so whether or not it'll be popular is still in question.
    But I know for sure it'll be well talked about.

LOL, Its going to take while before everyone can get over the Yongzheng Craze! That drama is still in my head after finishing it 4 weeks ago.

wow...yin tao is really beautiful! what's with the sex scene? i feel so dirty after watching that awkward scene in the trailer.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Wow, Hunan TV seriously does promo really well--I remember seeing ads for this drama a WAYYYY long time ago--I can't believe it isn't airing until now! No wonder Hunan TV series get such high ratings, I feel like I don't even see ads for series on other TV channels! e.g. recently NHZGG/BBJX ads were all over the place on chinese sites I visited, and the ads for this one started even earlier! Their marketing department is pretty skilled for sure.

Anyways the trailers look pretty good so far, especially the costumes/sets/etc. Yin Tao does look gorgeous and I am quite impressed by Zheng Shuang--for a long time I thought she was just one of those cutesy idol dramas since I'd only heard of her in the new Meteor Garden. But she's been getting rave reviews for her performance in the movie "Painted Mural" and in these trailers she has a much more "mature" look than usual. I was a bit skeptical whether she could pull off the strong Princess Taiping character, but I really love that one shot of her in the "cast introduction" part, she looks very serene/imposing.

(I didn't see much of Gillian in the trailers though...which, honestly, is fine by me. Lol, sorry...Is she supposed to have lots of screentime though? Shangguan Wan'er is a pretty important character in Wu Zetian stories. I'm still not getting the feel of that character from Gillian...but, we'll see...)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Here's the OST.
    ...is that seriously the OST? The lyrics are unbelievably amateur. And the melody so basic to boot. The theme songs in Asian dramas I generally adore (no matter if the drama itself is good or bad), so the awful-ness of this one is especially glaring. I hope this is just a song they're using for the promo...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 10-31-11 at 03:14 AM.

when i saw this trailer [QUOTE=swtaznlaydee;1013190]
    i thought yin tao was exceptionally beautiful, especially in these scenes at 0:19 and 0:29? and yes, zheng shuang is really beautiful too. she has this beauty that quickly wins you over, especially given the way they styled her in this series. she looks so regal and pure and fresh. i heard that she performed really well in painted mural and stole the show for many.

gillian does have a very prominent role in this series. i always thought she was quite but never cared for her as an actress before and after the edison incident. she's really cute, but compared to yin tao and zheng shuang, gillian sort of fades in the background even though her role is one of the three most important women in this series. it's also unfortunate that her hairstyle is the worst among the female leads.
    Last edited by patricia n; 10-31-11 at 11:55 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/8f1d980ajw1dmqjdciwfhj.jpg')

First up is the most lei lyrics ever for a theme from The Secret History of Wu Zetian. The chorus is actually really good, but the rest of the lyrics doesn’t even try to rhyme. This drama does seem to have the best production value, however, and stars high-esteemed actresses like Siqin Gaowa and Liu Xiaoqing as well as younger stars like Yin Tao and Zheng Shuang. My favorite line is “转眼间大明宫词已成灰” at 1:34.

http://cfensi.dramaddicts.com/forum/...e-theme-songs/

The ratings are really strong despite the young actors coming later in the series. Congrats to the cast and crew.
    I'm following along with the story even though I don't understand word that's being said.LOL
    But the acting and beautiful costumes made up for that.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/118/37156249.png')
    http://tv.youku.com/wuzetian

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/8de04c79gw1dncdlxqyv7j.jpg')

I'm currently watching this drama, which some are calling "Wu Ze Tian Luan Shi" (The Disorderly History of Wu Ze Tian) due to all the "bedroom" scenes and lack of focus on actual political matters. Tang Guo Qiang was only in the first episode, though they make it seem like he's one of the leads. The costumes in here are just beautiful, and Yin Tao is lovely. The casting is pretty decent with the major exception being the Xiao Shu Fei (Concubine Xiao) actress; she looks old and is average looking at best. No wonder Li Zhi ditched her for Mei Niang. They should have cast someone like Fan Bing Bing instead. In every drama about Wu Ze Tian, I've always wondered if Wu Mei Niang ever truly loved Li Zhi or if she was just using him. Yu Shao Qun is such a cute Li Zhi, but the role is just so useless and weak. It's interesting and quite a relief that he will be playing the part of Li Shi Min in the upcoming "Sui Tang Ying Xiong."
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")