More ideas on how to kill time...or kill each other?
Basically we'll play the game Mafia in one thread with spcnetters witch hunting and killing each other off.
The basics of the game:
-This is a witch hunt game in which the goal is to eliminate all the mafia members. Or, if you are a mafia member, to eliminate everyone else.
-In a group of people, they are divided into either a "civilian" or a "mafia", but the identity of the "mafia" members are unknown (except for the mafia members themselves).
-During the "night", mafia members will choose one person to kill.
-The next day, the townsfolks (everybody including mafia) will discuss with each other to vote on lynching a person whom they believe is the a member of the mafia. That person will die.
-Then, night comes along and the cycle repeats until either all the mafia members are killed (civilians wins) or all the innocent civilians are killed (mafia wins).
-The game is coordianted by the "Narrator" who will tell the story and has knowledge of the roles of each player.
-Amongst the townsfolk, there is a "detective" and a "doctor". During the "night" phase, the detective will be allowed to ask the narrator if one certain player is a member of the mafia and the doctor will be given the chance of save any one person.
-"Dead" folks (either per mafia or lynching) do not talk and do not vote.
How we will try to adapt the game?
1. Since we arn't all online at the same time or at the same frequency, the "night" and "day" phases will be dragged out over a few days.
2. The begining of "Day" will begin whenever the narrator announces the results of the mafia killing from the previous "night". Then, the townsfolks will be given a certain amount of time (ie. 3 days or 1 week) to decide on the member to lynch. Vote will be decided by majority. If a vote is not named by the deadline, we will assume you have decided to not vote.
3. "Night" interactions are meant to be secretive, so it will be done by PM through the narrator and the mafia members, detective, and doctor. A certain deadline will also be required to make the decision.
4. Because voting is decided by majority, and absolute count of the total number of members is important. New members who want to join will have to wait until the next game.
5. Because all role assignments and night interactions are done through PM, dead folks will be allowed to speak (since they still won't know who is who).
6. We can change the theme. Instead of mafia, we can play it on a Wuxia base (per Banh Mi) or any other theme.
7. Other suggestions?
What's the fun in the game?
-This is mostly a psychological game. The mafia members should try to somehow convince and manipulate the townsfolks to lynch their fellow innocent civilians and it is the civilian's job try to discover who the mafia members are based on what other people are saying. You can try to accuse someone else or try to defend for yourself. Form an alliance, backstab, stage something to manipulate others, what not . The more creative and dirty you get, the better (hopefully, spcnetters here are mature enough to understand that this is a game and will not take anything personally).
-Of course, in terms of the internet, we cannot read facial expressions and the immediate reactions to each statement. However, we can still make up elaborate arguments for or against each person (and each reply would be much more organized).
Participants listed so far:
Ren Ying Ying