Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Military Seal (虎符傳奇)- Yang Mi, Feng Shaofeng, Tang Yifei

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Lol, you guys gushing on about FengMi makes me kinda want to watch Gong because I keep hearing about their amazing chemistry...
    Well, if you have watched the awesome classic that was Yong Zheng Wang Chao, you are going to hate Gong for making a bad parody of this superb classic. But if you watch Gong fresh without any knowledge of Chinese history and never watched Chinese series before, maybe you may enjoy it, although my gweilo friend (who only just got intro to Chinese series) found Gong really childish.

I'm not a FSF fan, but to be objective, he acted very well in Gong and yes, had a unique charm and rhythm with Yang Mi, which probably stems from being close BFFs with her in real life. He had even more chemistry with her in Gong than Hu Ge did with her in CP3 (actually I was more into Yuan Hong-Yang Mi coupling in CP3).

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm not a FSF fan, but to be objective, he acted very well in Gong and yes, had a unique charm and rhythm with Yang Mi, which probably stems from being close BFFs with her in real life. He had even more chemistry with her in Gong than Hu Ge did with her in CP3 (actually I was more into Yuan Hong-Yang Mi coupling in CP3).
    Actually, FSF and YM didn't click at all during the initial filming of Gong. YM said FSF left a bad impression on her after that telemovie in 2004. In showbiz, YM is known as "Yu Jie" (御姐)literally meaning imperial sister because she often acts very cold/reserved toward people she doesn't know well, and is highly self-defensive. Once you're close to her, she pours out her heart and soul to you. So, YM completely gave FSF the cold shoulder during early days of Gong. They both had a very different interpretation of the Gong characters. FSF felt he totally have no chemistry with YM. She felt the same but didn't feel comfortable enough with FSF to talk about their disagreement.Let's just say that YM acted so cold to FSF that even his assistant couldn't take it and refused to give her the snacks that FSF bought for her. So one night after shooting, FSF went to YM's room to have a talk with her and resolve their differences. FSF said they talked for 2 hours and YM completely bashed his melodramatic acting...LOL.

After their long talk, they got much closer and communicated with each other more. They gained rapport and FSF got a better good grasp of the 8th Prince character. Yu Zheng also said that after FSF and YM's talk, FSF asked if they could reshoot all his previous scenes, which they did. Later on, they clicked so well that many cute scenes in Gong were actually ad libs (i.e. that imperial garden scene where 8th Prince was released from prison and he went to see Qingchuan and grabbed her hands to put on his face was an impromptu gesture that FSF did on the spot and not written in the script. YM reacted to this ad lib by pinching his cheeks. The second kiss in the imperial kitchen was also an ad lib by FSF...LOL...YM was caught off guard by his 2nd kiss.)

After Gong, YM felt she has a lot of rapport with FSF and recommended him to her production company to play the role Lord Xin Ling in HFZQ. So FSF is very grateful of YM for her recommendation and giving him this opportunity to work with this drama's director.

In other words, I'm really looking forward to some ad libs for HFZQ...=D

P.S. I got most of this information by watching Super Access talk show that interviewed both FSF and YM.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 05-26-11 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    In regards to the latest FengMi's gossip, the Chinese paparazzi in April snapped some photos of FSF arriving in Beijing Airport with YM's parents, but YM was absent.

FSF arriving at Beijing Airport and I think the lady wearing black to FSF's left is YM's mom
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/20110524_f7331.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/momanddad.jpg')

Oh...wow. Well, that means their onscreen pairing really worked as the best onscreen couples are the ones where fans (and the media) keep wanting and imagining them as real-life boyfriend/girlfriend.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-25-11 at 02:39 PM.

Their pairing onscreen/offscreen is highly debated right now on Chinese cyberspace. The news media also is divided into two camps: negative side says their "apparent closeness" is a promotional tactic to garner attention, the more positive side just really want them to hook up in real life so they can be the first to grab the "latest FengMi headlines." Ironically, the Chinese paparazzi failed to report that the mysterious lady in black and hat wearing man next to FSF were YM's parents. It was YM's devoted fans who identify this middle age couple since a lot of them have seen her parents in real life when they visit her on film sets. I assumed the paparazzi just didn't know they were YM's parents; otherwise, wouldn't it make a sensational headline if they knew FSF accompanied YM's parents back to Beijing after visiting their daughter in Hangzhou??!!

Yang Mi's Fan: I have another piece of good news for you! It was officially announced yesterday that FengMi will have their first official big screen collaboration in Painted Skin 2, teaming up with some very respected big screen superstars Zhou Xun, Chen Kun, and Vicki Zhao. I'm not sure if you've watched Painted Skin in 2008, but I love the first movie! I'm actually EXTREMELY excited about this particular project because of the caliber of the production team. Yu Zheng is like a kindergartener compared to the production team of Painted Skin 2. Let's just say that they have a team of 10 scriptwriters working to write the screenplay for this second movie compared to Yu Zheng who spends 3 months to write a 30+ episodes drama.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 05-25-11 at 04:02 PM.

Actually, FSF and YM didn't click at all during the initial filming of Gong. YM said FSF left a bad impression on her after that telemovie in 2004. In showbiz, YM is known as "Yu Jie" (御姐)literally meaning imperial sister because she often acts very cold/reserved toward people she doesn't know well, and is highly self-defensive. Once you're close to her, she pours out her heart and soul to you. So, YM completely gave FSF the cold shoulder during early days of Gong. They both have very different interpretation of the Gong characters. FSF felt he totally have no chemistry with YM. She felt the same but didn't feel comfortable enough with FSF to talk about their disagreement.Let's just say that YM acted so cold to FSF that even his assistant couldn't take it and refused to give her the snacks that FSF bought for her. So one night after shooting, FSF went to YM's room to have a talk with her and resolve their differences. FSF said they talked for 2 hours and YM completely bashed his melodramatic acting...LOL.

After their long talk, they got much closer and communicated with each other more. They gained rapport and FSF got a better good grasp of the 8th Prince character. Yu Zheng also said that after FSF and YM's talk, FSF asked if they could reshoot all his previous scenes, which they did. Later on, they clicked so well that many cute scenes in Gong were actually ad libs (i.e. that imperial garden scene where 8th Prince was released from prison and he went to see Qingchuan and grabbed her hands to put on his face was an impromptu gesture that FSF did on the spot and not written in the script. YM reacted to this ad lib by pinching his cheeks. The second kiss in the imperial kitchen was also an ad lib by FSF...LOL...YM was caught off guard by his 2nd kiss.)

After Gong, YM felt she has a lot of rapport with FSF and recommended him to her production company to play the role Lord Xin Ling in HFZQ. So FSF is very grateful of YM for her recommendation and giving him this opportunity to work with this drama's director.

In other words, I'm really looking forward to some ad libs for HFZQ...=D

P.S. I got most of this information by watching Super Access talk show that interviewed both FSF and YM.

LOL really???? hahhaa thats is sooo funny really.....haha if i didnt know better than i would assume YM didnt like FSF so its actually goesw really really well with the beginning part of palace forsure...so they just got close during palace??well they did an amazing job forsure...they chemistry was amazing...and wow FSF REALLY know how to add in his little creaction and YM reacted very well...its just perfect...

Yang Mi's Fan: I have another piece of good news for you! It was officially announced yesterday that FengMi will have their first official big screen collaboration in Painted Skin 2, teaming up with some very respected big screen superstars Zhou Xun, Chen Kun, and Vicki Zhao. I'm not sure if you've watched Painted Skin in 2008, but I love the first movie! I'm actually EXTREMELY excited about this particular project because of the caliber of the production team. Yu Zheng is like a kindergartener compared to the production team of Painted Skin 2. Let's just say that they have a team of 10 scriptwriters working to write the screenplay for this second movie compared to Yu Zheng who spends 3 months to write a 30+ episodes drama.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU a 1000 time...=)))...and no i actually havent watch Painted Skin yet but i will forsure wait for number 2...FengMI forusre making it big....i actually cant wait for all their drama to come out...im like so happy right now...anywho im gonna look up painted skin to see what its abut so i can have a head up with the 2 one..=)

Wow, I never knew about the Painted Skin movie! O_o This is really exciting news!

And that story is very cute. (Especially the part about YM bashing FSF's melodramatic acting. Lol. I disliked his acting in MRXJ, which is the only series I've seen him in, so good on her for setting it straight to him. Sounds like he improved after that so his acting will likely not bother me so much.) Do you happen to have a link to that interview?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, if you have watched the awesome classic that was Yong Zheng Wang Chao, you are going to hate Gong for making a bad parody of this superb classic. But if you watch Gong fresh without any knowledge of Chinese history and never watched Chinese series before, maybe you may enjoy it, although my gweilo friend (who only just got intro to Chinese series) found Gong really childish.

Unfortunately (well, actually VERY fortunately because it was amazing) I watched and LOVED YZWC. It is still probably my favourite historically accurate series. This was actually the main reason I did not want to watch Gong. (And after I heard about all the plotholes and blatant ripping-off that YZ did it made me want to watch it even less.)

And me too! I thought YH/YM were great together in CP3 and after that I wanted to see them actually pair up! XD But, the first YM series I ever watched was Liao Zhai, where she and HG had absolutely amazing chemistry. Their Xiao Qian/Ning Cai Chen pairing still has, IMO, the best chemistry out of all the YM pairings I watched. It was the main reason I was so excited for CP3 (only to be disappointed, of course). It's strange--I had the same problem with HG and Ariel, who I felt had great chemistry in TWFX but very little in LOCH. Must be related to the script/plot/directing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yangmi's fan View Post
    really what kind of rumors ansd gossip bout her lately?? i hope it isnt bad....
    I actually don't pay too much attention to the chinese tabloids so I have no idea about all the stuff they say. Pretty typical stuff I guess. Most of it right now revolves around FSF+YM, although there have been tons of news linking her to other guys and even some articles claiming she has a "secret" boyfriend that she keeps from the press because he wants privacy. Lol. YM bemoans that fact that she is constantly linked to all these supposed "boyfriends" and points out that she has no time right now for dating!

Then there are all the stuff where the press take her interview quotes out of context and try to make something scandalous out of them. Finally, there are a bunch of articles about her salary, claiming she now makes as much as established stars (e.g. I read one about YM making more than Vicki Zhao in movies, which she promptly shot down saying she is just a newcomer to the movie industry and there is no way that's true). And another one saying it costs in the range of 8 figures for her to endorse a product (which again YM refuted--don't want to be too off-topic here, I actually posted up her interview and a quick translation in YM's thread if you're interested).

Wow, I never knew about the Painted Skin movie! O_o This is really exciting news!

And that story is very cute. (Especially the part about YM bashing FSF's melodramatic acting. Lol. I disliked his acting in MRXJ, which is the only series I've seen him in, so good on her for setting it straight to him. Sounds like he improved after that so his acting will likely not bother me so much.) Do you happen to have a link to that interview?
    The interview was quite long, over 50 minutes. It's completely in Mandarin, no English subtitles =(.

From this interview, we can tell YM exhibits the classic traits of a Beijinger = brutally honest, outspoken, split insults to people they're close to as a form of endearment, and FSF the classic Shanghaiese guy= soft spoken, shy, considerate

Here's the prelude:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8
    Last edited by JoleCole; 05-26-11 at 03:27 AM.

Photos from Super Access Interview:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/21fdcdcadd2b5513f31fe720.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/bd5c8222c8b544a6d6cae27b.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/6fa9c333864b8e16ac4b5f25.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/890151fb96cae231034f56ee.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 05-26-11 at 03:26 AM.

Thank you so much!!

Ok, I'm officially won over by them by that interview, it was too cute. ^_^ I love watching YM interviews in general though, like the hosts pointed out she is always so honest and genuine, she isn't reserved at all or constantly worried about saying the right things. FSF's personality is like the polar opposite of YM but in a good way! I had to laugh at how their "strengths/weakness" paralleled one another's! Hilarious how FSF was like "yeah things were fine..." and then YM goes, "actually no, we didn't get along at all." Lol. And the story of their first meeting...rofl.

And I bet those fans in the audience nearly died of happiness--the interview hosts certainly did a great job of giving them plenty of material to work with. Even I was smiling and giggling at how adorable it was (and I didn't go in with a favourable impression of the pairing) so they must be on cloud 9.

I actually don't pay too much attention to the chinese tabloids so I have no idea about all the stuff they say. Pretty typical stuff I guess. Most of it right now revolves around FSF+YM, although there have been tons of news linking her to other guys and even some articles claiming she has a "secret" boyfriend that she keeps from the press because he wants privacy. Lol. YM bemoans that fact that she is constantly linked to all these supposed "boyfriends" and points out that she has no time right now for dating!

Then there are all the stuff where the press take her interview quotes out of context and try to make something scandalous out of them. Finally, there are a bunch of articles about her salary, claiming she now makes as much as established stars (e.g. I read one about YM making more than Vicki Zhao in movies, which she promptly shot down saying she is just a newcomer to the movie industry and there is no way that's true). And another one saying it costs in the range of 8 figures for her to endorse a product (which again YM refuted--don't want to be too off-topic here, I actually posted up her interview and a quick translation in YM's thread if you're interested).
    ohhhhhhh oOOOOO how intersting....yea i really need to look up news that are translated already..ive even watch interview bout them but too bad i dont understand chinese =( but all is good..thank you so much for telling me...=)

Quote Originally Posted by yangmi's fan View Post
    ohhhhhhh oOOOOO how intersting....yea i really need to look up news that are translated already..ive even watch interview bout them but too bad i dont understand chinese =( but all is good..thank you so much for telling me...=)
    If there are any specific interviews that look really interesting let me know and I can try translating them for you.

If there are any specific interviews that look really interesting let me know and I can try translating them for you.
    yayyyy thank you..=)..there actually is one where i think was when the host ask if fengmi were dating or something and FSF had to look at YM first in like a shy way...

this is the video..
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/901cy87xD9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[QUOTE=yangmi's fan;978445]yayyyy thank you..=)..there actually is one where i think was when the host ask if fengmi were dating or something and FSF had to look at YM first in like a shy way...

this is the video..
    http://youtu.be/901cy87xD9I

This particular clip is actually translated in this video from Viki. You can take a look.

http://www.viki.com/channels/2854-pa...ng-shao-feng/1

This particular clip is actually translated in this video from Viki. You can take a look.

http://www.viki.com/channels/2854-pa...ng-shao-feng/1
    Never mind, wrong video. That viki video does have a backstage interview which I found really funny. Have you seen it before yang mi's fan?

Never mind, wrong video. That viki video does have a backstage interview which I found really funny. Have you seen it before yang mi's fan?
    for some reason i couldnt view anythings on viki webswite which i dont know why...=(

Wow, I haven't seen those 2 clips before. Huh, I always thought the FSF+YM stuff was just pure rumours and speculation but after watching these interviews even I am now half-convinced there really is something going on...

FSF is so bad at answering these questions. It takes him forever to answer and even when he does it's an evasive "non-answer", then he tries to change the subject right away. I notice YM did all the talking in the other clip (backstage interview) and she had no problem denying everything (saying they were just good friends) but FSF looked all awkward and got flustered when they asked about his Valentine's Day, and barely nodded when YM asked him to confirm that they were just friends. And Li Chen/Qin Lan teasing the two of them in the background...lmao at "Just confess already!", "Didn't they already get their marriage license?". And when YM goes, "I spent Valentine's Day working, with Li Chen", the guy turns to FSF being all defensive saying "it was just work man, don't mind it, it was just work!" Even in the other long interview, FSF's answer was "Not right now." Hmmm...

Anyhow, here is the translation of that YT clip: (I did the best I could, some parts were hard to hear and certain phrases are hard to translate exactly into English)

0:00
    Male host: Everybody is very interested what will happen in "Gong" in the end. Everyone is guessing at what the ending will be.
    Female host: Do they get together in the end?
    Male host: Wha...? How can you ask so directly!
    Female host: I wasn't asking about in the drama--
    Male host: If you ask that then you will spoil the series!
    Female host: No, no, you misunderstand me--
    Male host: Ok let's just have it out directly, Qing Chuan do you end up with 8th prince or 4th prince in the end?
    0:20
    YM: (laughs)
    Audience: (screams "8th prince")
    Male host: How about this, let's leave some suspense for the viewers and give up some well-wishes for them!
    YM: Okay, hi everyone, I'm YM, I hope in the new year everyone can find an impossible-to-break-up love like Qing Chuan and 8th prince, how's that?
    0:38
    Female host: "Impossible-to-break-up" eh?! (shoves FSF playfully) So is it "unbreakable?"
    Male host: (shoves FSF playfully too) Is it unbreakable?!
    FSF: (looks embarrassed)
    Male host: 8th prince really is the ideal guy in many girls' eyes right now.
    Female host: Really?
    Male host: They think he has that kind of "arrogant but sweet" air about him.
    Female: Exactly, so you see, before you misunderstood me, when I asked if they were together in the end you thought I was asking about in the series, I was actually asking if they were together outside the series!
    0:59
    Male host: Are you saying FSF and YM? (Audience screams)
    Female host: Yes!
    Male host: What, is our show really that kind of tabloid trash show?!
    Female host: This is just me representing myself asking--
    Male host: You're going to make them embarrassed! (turns immediately to FSF+YM) Okay let's get this out in the open are you guys together or not?
    1:10
    (Audience cheers while FSF hesitates)
    Male host: (trying to calm the audience down) Ok come on don't be like that don't be like that. Let's just directly send them our congratulations!
    Female host: Yes yes!
    Male host: YM has been coaching FSF all this time *imitating YM* Come on now, don't be nervous, come on, it's ok...*stops imitating her* Alright FSF, tell everyone what's going on!
    1:30
    FSF: (hesitating for a long time...)
    YM: You can say it now, you can say it.
    FSF: We...often...are together, filming.
    Male host: Oh-ho, what is this! This young guy, after being in the showbiz for some time, is getting better and better at answering!
    YM: (in the background, it sounds like she says something like "Just give everyone some well wishes", lmao if she actually has been coaching FSF on what to say)
    1:46
    FSF: Uh...I would also like to wish everyone here success and fortune in the new year!
    Male host: ...and we all wish you two to be forever together! ...filming.

Edit: Changed the translation for the middle part, it was hard to hear so I think I got it wrong the first time.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 05-27-11 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks Mango_cake for the awesome translation! You did a much better job than me!

In the previous two video interviews, we see FSF looking awkward and flustered, are you interested in seeing the usual articulate Yang Mi looking flustered and nervous? LOL...Check out the video below...I laughed so hard when I watched this video. I usually don't get to see Yang Mi lose her composure.

I finally got around to translate this video. You can check the FengMi blog:

http://fengmishippersblog.blogspot.c...s-yang-mi.html
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-08-11 at 04:27 AM.