Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Military Seal (虎符傳奇)- Yang Mi, Feng Shaofeng, Tang Yifei

Thanks for that--the transcription was very helpful too since it was sometimes hard to make out what FSF was saying through the static in the phone.

I'm definitely used to YM being very composed in interviews so that was certainly a change! She's even more adorable when she's flustered and embarrassed, hehe. It's certainly another suspicious-sounding interview--once again FSF doesn't deny anything and just gives an evasive, ambiguous answer. And YM seemed so nervous about him giving something away...if there was nothing to hide why would she have to tell FSF to be more careful in his answers, or explain that she has to tell him to "hold back" sometimes because he will just say whatever he's feeling without thinking.

Though maybe she is just aware of all the crazy rumours about the two of them and doesn't want him to say anything to fuel the fire and have them to get out of hand, who knows.

Wow thanks mango_cake and jolecole for the translation. Yess I've finally understand what they talking about haha.

YM's interview from the press conference where she talks about her hardship to film serious scenes and promotional tactic rumors with FSF, etc.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-02-11 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    YM's interview from the press conference where she talks about her hardship to film serious scenes and promotional tactic rumors with FSF, etc.
    im sorry can u just shorten up the translate for me please......please....

Quote Originally Posted by yangmi's fan View Post
    im sorry can u just shorten up the translate for me please......please....
    (Feel free to correct anything if the translation is off...my random thoughts in italics lol)

Narrator: March 9th, the HFCQ press conference is underway. Actors YM and FSF from the popular series "Gong" once again act as a couple and continue the "FengMi" romance. After the conference we got an exclusive interview with YM. When talking about the "FengMi" romance, YM seemed quite delighted and happy.

YM: Perhaps it's because, um, at first everyone loved watching QC and 8th prince, so they also feel that YM and FSF are very suitable for each other in real life. Um, I'm grateful to everyone for trying to "matchmake" for me (laughs), but, at this point in time I really don't have any time for dating, this is the honest truth. Shaofeng is probably the same, I believe he's also currently extremely busy, perhaps even busier than me. So I want to say...mmm...well, I guess right now we are just good friends (laughs).

Interviewer: What about in the future, is there a possibility of any developments?

YM: I. Don't. Know. (...she says this with a sort of mischievous expression and a cute shake of the head, then giggles)

Interviewer: Do you have any of those thoughts? (about developing a relationship with FSF)

YM: Huh? (smiles)

Interviewer: Do you have any of those thoughts? (lol, he won't let this subject go...XD)

YM: I'm not telling you! (giggles) I'm still all about my work...aiya, if all of you keep asking the two of us these questions in the future how will we collaborate! (laughs) We will be embarrassed!

Narrator: This time FSF was cast in HFCQ thanks to YM's strong recommendation. Seems like the relationship between these two is not just casual acquaintances! But, knowing each other too well can also lead to some embarrassing situations.

YM: This time, acting in a proper serious drama, when the two of us had to be all serious and look each other deeply in the eyes, we would easily dissolve into laughter. (smiles and nods)

Interviewer: Because you know each other too well?

YM: Yes, too well! And also, because in Gong with 8th prince we were always bickering and fighting, so once we had to be very serious we were like, "Oh, why are you being so pretentious!" (laughs) We already know each other's personalities well, so, when all of a sudden both people become so serious and deep, you really just want to laugh! (YM sounds so excited and happy here, hehe)

Narrator: Because they understand each other so well (causing them to break out into laughter during filming), and also because their everyday actions towards each other are so sweet, it causes people to wonder if this is all just a promotional tactic to get attention.

YM: These "promotional tactic" rumours have all along just been people's empty speculation--let's say if I just speak one sentence to Shaofeng, then perhaps people will say this is just to gain media attention. Well in your everyday life will you not talk to your colleagues too? Will you not talk to your female colleagues--perhaps one person in particular you might talk to a bit more? It's the same thing! Like before when we were filming Gong, filming HFCQ, even at that time we would have a lot of interaction on set and also including on our weibo's. We would play games with each other, I would ride in his car or he would ride in mine, that type of thing, we have always had this interaction, but perhaps at that time people did not pay much attention to the two of us. Mmm...it's just because Gong had such a good reception, so people would say, "Did you two start to interact with each other so much just to get press attention?" But actually that's not the case, the two of us will never begin or cease interacting with each other just because of outside opinions.

Narrator: YM, who calmly and directly answered all the questioning, also revealed, that when faced with outside rumours and speculations about the two of them, she has never discussed in private with FSF what to say to the media beforehand. They will just go with the flow.

YM: The two of us absolutely do not discuss these things in private, like saying "Hey, today a journalist asked me something, and everyone will think so-and-so, how about we discuss it and come up with what to say to the media?" We never do that. I won't force him and he won't force me, that is, we never talk about rumours and gossip about us, we never have! This is part of the comfortableness and familiarity between the two of us, perhaps...that is, mmm, we will talk about work-related things to each other, for example "I have so-and-so coming up, what will you be working on next", and perhaps we will recommend each other for things, but we won't talk about the gossip, uh, like come up with a common "story" for the media. I think what he says is his freedom to do so, same with me, we won't interfere with each other or anything like that.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 06-08-11 at 09:05 PM.

thanks mango-cake for the translation. ym is adorable, and she is extremely articulate when answering the questions. such professional and well thought out answers. can't wait to see more from her!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Compared to YM's eloquence and composed responses to reporters, I feel FSF always get stumped by their questions...like in here....LOL...so easily tricked by reporters...

YM said FSF is the type of person who likes to 'stick' to others, but she's not.
    Then the reporter changed YM's comment a little and told FSF that "YM said you like to stick to her"... FSF's response was like "what?! I stick to her? where is she??!!" He looked around the room for YM, probably trying to avoid the question...

Last edited by JoleCole; 06-10-11 at 02:11 AM.

LMAO. I had to rewatch that about 5 times it was so funny. Especially when he whips his head around a second time...rofl. Poor FSF! Reporters must have a field day with him...YM needs to give him some lessons on how to be unperturbed by these things! (I wonder if YM ever clarified her actual comment to him though.)

i'm curious. is fsf like this with most of his female colleagues? since i can't speak chinese, i never really bother to watch interview clips with him. like at the painted skin conference, fsf helped ym clean the confetti off of her and allowed himself to be buried under it. is he always this gentlemanly or is he especially so with ym?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i'm curious. is fsf like this with most of his female colleagues? since i can't speak chinese, i never really bother to watch interview clips with him. like at the painted skin conference, fsf helped ym clean the confetti off of her and allowed himself to be buried under it. is he always this gentlemanly or is he especially so with ym?
    Based on what I observed, FSF has always been and is known to be very gentlemanly. With other female colleagues, he's also very considerate...but only to a certain degree. For instance, Ady An and FSF (they acted in 4 dramas together) have been close friends longer than YM. At one point, FSF even said that Ady was the person who helped him the most in the entertainment industry (she helped him get in HuaYi Media Corp). But if you observed their interactions, you can still sense a distance in their body language compared YM and him.

I also remember during Symphony of Fate press conference, FSF rushed to hold YM's hand when she walked down the stage, but failed to assist his other female co-star Guo ZhenNi, who was also wearing high heels . FSF and another female colleague, Xiong Nai Jin (YM's college buddy who shares the same manager as FSF) attended an environmental promotion event. When they had to walk up stage, FSF waved his hand to allow her to go first but did not assist up the stair (she was also wearing VERY high heels).
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-10-11 at 04:07 AM.

thanks!!! he's such a sweetie. i really do hope that they are dating. as a matter of fact, i'm inspired to write a wuxia fanfic starring them. ... when i find the time to do so.

Here are some comparison photos of FSF with his other female co-stars and YM. Even though these photos don't say much and do not prove that FengMi are actually dating, but at least the comparison shows how comfortable FengMi are with each other. Let's just say comfortable enough for FSF to used YM's sweaty used tissue. okay...that sounded sorta gross...which was not my interntion...

I think YM refused to take these photos at first because she didn't put any makeup on. FSF whispered something in her ear and she ended up borrowing FSF's sunglasses to wear and took the photo on the right and then they both wore their own sunglasses to take the middle photo.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/699e9aefa11a5147fdfa3ccf.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/65c7a14fjw6de9wi3wbg7j.jpg')

FSF with Ady An and Joe Chen
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/807ae20d3521be8f7acbe117-1-1-1.jpg')

Note: it's odd how YM just gently rested her wrist and not her hand on her female assistants, but she naturally put her hand on FSF's arm???

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/38c02cd336bc8c5a3af3cf8a-1.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    Nice! You should totally do it! It'll be an interesting read!

Somehow the real-life personalities of FSF and YM remind me of Guo Jing and Huang Rong in Condor Heroes...very different personalities but their qualities really complement each other. Seems like FSF always look to YM for help during press interviews...LOL..and she can easily boss him around too.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-14-11 at 03:26 AM.

Omg thank you mango-cake for the translation ... Oh n Patricia n I was wondering r u still writing any fungyi ff??

No problem yangmi's fan. It helps me improve my chinese, hehe, and I never get tired of watching their interviews!

JoleCole that is actually a really good comparison, I totally see it! (Except unlike GJ I think FSF is pretty smart, he just gets very camera-shy when caught off-guard--not as quick-witted as YM facing the media!) GJ/HR are my favourite wuxia couple though so it works out nicely.

do we know when this series will air? there looks to be much potential although i'm the first to admit that i prefer comedy as oppose to drama.

Unfortunately, Mei Ah hasn't even secure a channel t air this drama yet. We'll probably have to wait till next year. =( Ming Yun is supposed to air this October.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Unfortunately, there is no news on any broadcast date yet. >_< Some people have speculated it may not be until next year! (Edit: oh snap, JoleCole you beat me to it! :P)

I actually much prefer historical dramas over the comedic idol dramas that I've found myself watching lately--it's been so long since I've watched a good quality historical drama and I really miss it. Add in FengMi and I'm dying for this to come out!!! I don't understand the delays, you would think these producers want to cash in now because FengMi are at the height of their popularity. Surely TV stations are jumping to buy this series so I can't see that being a problem! Also what was the point of holding the press conference back in March if they aren't going to start broadcasting the series anytime soon?

It could be that they want to wait for a slot in one of the top TV stations. Of course, if Hunan TV ever picks this up, it's guaranteed "hong" (i.e. immensely popular). I'm not sure which TV station is considering this series though.

Maybe if they rush to air this ASAP, they have to settle for a lesser, smaller TV station. E.g. I'm not sure why Hu Ge/ Tang Yan's Unbeatables II isn't airing on the big powerful Anhui TV where its prequel (starring Peter Ho) was aired and scored high ratings - maybe it's because they are rushing to air it? Got to read more about this. When i have time!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-06-11 at 01:15 AM.

I can't see this being broadcasted on Hunan TV. They typically pick up idol dramas that target the younger audience, and HFQC is completely different in style to those. Unfortunately though these type of series (despite having more historical accuracy and better scripts/acting) generally don't seem to become "hong" the way series like Gong and CP1/3 do. I don't really care about the popularity though, I just hope this one lives up to my expectations and I find it enjoyable.

Released

You can watch on youtube now: (by sweettalkism)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUM-xTN0eNg