Thread: What would Xie Xun do!???

Default What would Xie Xun do!???

We have had numerous debates on the question of 'Who would want to learn the Bixie/Sunflower skill', with TC thinking that only punks would while many others think that most scrubs would definitely go for it as it allows a nobody to become a really big deal near instantly.

What if Xie Xun came across the Bixie Manual (ignore time lines here shall we, imagine it was the original Sunflower manual if you will) instead of the Dragon Sabre. He was near insane for revenge and his wife was dead anyway. Would he 'do it' for revenge?

The Mighty Golden Haired Lion King, yes! Would he have done it and turned into some freaky harajuku blonde transgender?

That would be one scary anti-villian.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Xie Xun would have done just about anything that would have gotten him closer to revenge. He didn't care anything about himself, as demonstrated by his willingness to learn and use the Seven-Wound Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedRossi View Post
    Xie Xun would have done just about anything that would have gotten him closer to revenge. He didn't care anything about himself, as demonstrated by his willingness to learn and use the Seven-Wound Fist.
    Seven-Wound Fist does require to make some sacrifice but it's nothing compare to Bixie. However, I agree Xie Xun would probably make such sacrifice for revenge. For all the innocent people that killed by Xie Xun, I wonder how would he feels if his victims loved ones go after him for revenge at the end of HSDS? If somehow they able to murder Xie Xun for revenge, would Cheung Mo Gei go after them to revenge for Xie Xun?
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 11-11-15 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    We have had numerous debates on the question of 'Who would want to learn the Bixie/Sunflower skill', with TC thinking that only punks would while many others think that most scrubs would definitely go for it as it allows a nobody to become a really big deal near instantly.

What if Xie Xun came across the Bixie Manual (ignore time lines here shall we, imagine it was the original Sunflower manual if you will) instead of the Dragon Sabre. He was near insane for revenge and his wife was dead anyway. Would he 'do it' for revenge?

The Mighty Golden Haired Lion King, yes! Would he have done it and turned into some freaky harajuku blonde transgender?

That would be one scary anti-villian.
    What about other people in Wulin in HSDS era? Who else would be willing to learn Bixe/Sunflower?

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Seven-Wound Fist does require to make some sacrifice but it's nothing compare to Bixie. However, I agree Xie Xun would probably make such sacrifice for revenge. For all the innocent people that killed by Xie Xun, I wonder how would he feels if his victims loved ones go after him for revenge at the end of HSDS? If somehow they able to murder Xie Xun for revenge, would Cheung Mo Gei go after them to revenge for Xie Xun?
    Xie Xun wouldn't be using his junk for the rest of his life anyway, that's the way his [and most archetypes of his] character is.

What about other people in Wulin in HSDS era? Who else would be willing to learn Bixe/Sunflower?
    The next person in mind is naturally Cheng Kun, since he seemed to have chosen celibacy and revenge for the rest of his life.

Perhaps some of the Wudang heroes if they actually believed Wuji was the killer...

Xie Xun gave permission to anyone who he wronged to kill him. Zhang Wuji isn't into revenge - it's the whole point of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    The next person in mind is naturally Cheng Kun, since he seemed to have chosen celibacy and revenge for the rest of his life.

Perhaps some of the Wudang heroes if they actually believed Wuji was the killer...
    Anyone consumed by revenge is a good candidate. Mie Jue isn't a man, but she absolutely would have learned Bixie if it increased her chances of killing the Ming Cult and Yang Xiao.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedRossi View Post
    Anyone consumed by revenge is a good candidate. Mie Jue isn't a man, but she absolutely would have learned Bixie if it increased her chances of killing the Ming Cult and Yang Xiao.
    How about LOCH? Who would be willing to learn Sunflower/Bixie?

How about ROCH? Who would be willing to learn Sunflower/Bixie?

How about LOCH? Who would be willing to learn Sunflower/Bixie?

How about ROCH? Who would be willing to learn Sunflower/Bixie?
    Those stories are built differently, and there's less overwhelming need for higher martial arts in them. Ostensibly, LOCH is about people trying to attain the Nine Yin manual, but the people with this goal are doing so in order to bolster their reputation, not as a goal unto itself. In ROCH, Yang Guo desperately needed better martial arts so he could get revenge for his father, but he's also extremely prideful to the extent that Bixie doesn't serve his needs.

The only characters who are likely to be particularly interested in Bixie and also care little about themselves would be Qiu Qianchi and Yinggu.

How about Zhou Botong? He was so curious about martial arts and he wasn't thinking about re-uniting with Yinggu initially and he didn't seem interested in using his junk so would ZBT have done it?

Left right technique with DFBB speed sounds scary.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Zhou Botong really liked martial arts and learning different forms, but not to the extent of self-sacrifice. For him, it was like playing a game, and no one would cut off body parts just to play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Left right technique with DFBB speed sounds scary.
    That's sort of what Xiaolongnu was like when she fought. She was probably the most suited to using the Dual Hand technique, and the Jade Maiden - Quanzhen sword techniques were the most synergistic of martial arts.

No honorable good guy would do it. Xie Xun definitely wouldn't. He would say something like "I still have my dignity and I'll find a dignified way to avenge." Older ZBT wouldn't do it. Younger one, possibly. I mean he didn't have a sense of honor when he impregnated his brother's friend's wife, so I can see him doing stupid stuff.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    No honorable good guy would do it. Xie Xun definitely wouldn't. He would say something like "I still have my dignity and I'll find a dignified way to avenge." Older ZBT wouldn't do it. Younger one, possibly. I mean he didn't have a sense of honor when he impregnated his brother's friend's wife, so I can see him doing stupid stuff.
    Xie Xun had already abandoned his honor by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    ZBT and Ying Goo did it once and she got pregnant. Ying Goo is married to 1Deng for at least couple of years and no children. It's still possible but highly unlikely.

New scenario: YG, after 16 years, discovering that XLN is indeed dead. He is absolutely sorrowful and hateful as he found out that HR lied to him. Somehow at the same moment, he stumbles upon...KHBD.

What happens? A hateful emo man who can send powerful palms at the speed of light sound scary.