Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Horizon Moon Knife 《天涯明月刀》

I watched this drama because of Wallace Chung!

I watched this drama because of Wallace Chung!
    That's funny.

I'm watching this for Zhang Meng.

Beauty the likes of which might never again grace this earth.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 04-13-13 at 11:25 PM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    So far I've hated everything written by Gu Long.

This is the first Gu Long adaptation that doesn't completely suck.

Also a very pretty cast.

Wallace Chung plays one of the only Gu Long protagonists that I can actually get behind (Lu Xiao Feng is a DISTANT second).

Zhang Meng is even prettier now than when I first watched her, back in The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber (2009).

Tian Li (Lily Tien) has obviously had some work done ... she doesn't look like the old skeleton she did ten years ago in Wind and Cloud (2002).

First couple of eps show promise ... the opening and end credits make the action sequences seem pretty interesting as well.

Hopefully this will be the FIRST Gu Long story that I actually WANT to see.
    This title was misleading. Whoever the director was, he basically used the plot and storyline from another Gu Long's novel "Bordertown Wanderer" and combined it with the characters and background from Gu Long's "Horizon Moon Blade" novel. Basically, the title of this series "Horizon Moon Blade" is supposed to be the sequel to "Bordertown Wanderer", however, the main plot and story of this series came from "Bordertown Wanderer". Strange, I know. lol.

Wallace Chung's character is supposed to be cold, emotionless and one leg crippled. His love interest is a prostitute, not a Xiao Long Nu-like female that was portrayed in this production.

The first half of this series was good. It did follow a specific plot from Gu Long's novel, albeit not the correct novel title. lol. The second half was where this series lost me. I don't mind at all that the director decided to fabricate some plot to deviate it from other adaptation, but I do mind it when the fabrication doesn't make any sense at all.

It was an OK series, but it could have been much better. For those who like the plot in this series, I would recommend TVB's The Black Sabre '89. Some may find it to be dated, but I did enjoyed it much more than this series.

Well, both novels are part of the Xiaoli Feidao series.

The producers are the same as the ones producing the upcoming Demi-Gods, which explains why Wallace Chung and Zhang Meng are the lead actors again.
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    Well, both novels are part of the Xiaoli Feidao series.

The producers are the same as the ones producing the upcoming Demi-Gods, which explains why Wallace Chung and Zhang Meng are the lead actors again.
    Yes, I definitely cannot wait to watch the new DGSD adaptation as it is my most favorite wuxia novel. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.

http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com...-ultimate.html

Posted my review of this stupendous series. First Gu Long adaptation I've managed to watch from beginning to end (instead of giving up in the middle because the story was just too draggy and uninspired). From the incredible cast to the high-flying martial arts, everything about this series (especially the production values) was top-notch and sets a new standard for the wuxia genre.

OPENING THEME MUSIC VIDEO

END THEME MUSIC VIDEO
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

What is the opening theme called? And whom does it sung by? PLz lmk ASAP thnx im in love wid da song!

This series was terrible. This mostly was from the director changing the storyline. The hero was too emo most of the time and hard to support. Also the Flying Dagger guy isn't even supposed to be part of the story. They introduced him as an even more emo side-kick character who's sole purpose in life is to be like a servant to the main guy. His dagger is supposed to be 1-shot-1-kill but instead they just had him jump up and spin in different ways and millions of daggers came out like fireworks, incredibly cheesy.

I don't get why these Chinese directors keep on trying to change good, classic storylines for the worse every time. Not only that but their writing and directing in the series is predictable and boring. They'd be fired in less than a few weeks on American TV channels.