Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Horizon Moon Knife 《天涯明月刀》

oh...i hope someone posts the trailer on youtube.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    oh...i hope someone posts the trailer on youtube.
    You can't view the tudou trailer I posted, patricia?

just saw the trailer. it looks really, really good. i hope someone can sub it. am totally looking forward to this series. i hope they post the official trailer on youtube. i was able to see the trailer as recorded by that generous poster. but i am greedy and want a clearer trailer.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

The trailer I posted unfortunately doesn't have a clear sound, or else I would sub it in English to the best of my understanding of Mandarin. There are other clips on tudou on the series, but for some reason, I can't view those clips.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/64619932jw1di5t43j42cj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6ce1d3a3jw1dhv535ke19j.jpg')
    is the lady in yellow in the first pic and the light purple dress lady in the second pic the same person? i learned from wallace's thread that the lady in yellow is wallace's first love and i saw her in the trailer except i don't remember seeing the light purple dress girl at all in the trailer. these two women look different to me as the lady in yellow has a rounder and more pretty face than the one who is in the light purple dress. but because they have the same hairdo and the lady in light purple didn't appear in the trailer i think that they may be the same person with pictures taken from a different angle. but the lady in yellow looks shorter too.

I think the ladies in the light yellow and light purple are the same character, Ming Yue Xin. From the trailer, it looks like Fu Hong Xue loves her, but she died. Plus, it looks like she's the second female lead.

What? They killed off Ming Yue Xin? That's a shame, she was supposed to have a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I think the ladies in the light yellow and light purple are the same character, Ming Yue Xin. From the trailer, it looks like Fu Hong Xue loves her, but she died. Plus, it looks like she's the second female lead.
    I think the girl in light yellow dress is different than the one in purple. They don't look like the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    I think the girl in light yellow dress is different than the one in purple. They don't look like the same person.
    You're right, they don't look the same. The girl in yellow has smaller delicate features than the girl in purple. They just have the same hairstyle.

I thought they were the same girl because they have the same hairstyle. Why else would two different characters have the same hairstyle?

Here's another trailer of the series, this one slightly different in the middle compared to the previous trailer I posted. It shows more Ming Yue Xin clips. It also brings up Cui Nong, Fu Hong Xue's old love. Interestingly, Zhou Ting refers to Ming Yue Xin as her long lost "sister," and she says that she can lose her Big Brother Fu Hong Xue, but she cannot lose her Big Sister Ming Yue Xin. I guess sisterly love is more important here than romantic love. Plus, Ming Yue Xin and Fu Hong Xue's romance looks really tragic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkahfaukcqc

A clip of the series promotion event:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixmpa...eature=related

After having watched the clip, i am even more convinced they are not the same actress. The lady in yellow has a much more muture face. I susoect that te lady in light purple got replaced with a different actress that's why the styling is the same. The lady in the light ourple dress never appeared in any of the clips. Either that or she has a really small role.

Maybe the actress in light purple plays a flashback of Cui Nong? And she sort of looks like Ming Yue Xin (the lady in yellow), and that's why Fu Hong Xue loves Ming Yue Xue, because he sees her as a replacement for Cui Nong? In the clip, Ming Yue Xin (lady in yellow) tells Fu Hong Xue that she is Ming Yue Xin and not Cui Nong. She says that if he truly is her friend, then he would start treating her as Ming Yue Xin and not as Cui Nong. Anybody have other thoughts on this?

no thoughts, but they are not the same person for sure.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6ce1d3a3gw1dl3293qfbcj.jpg')
    Wow. the hair in here is ridculous and I usually have low expectations when it comes to costumes.

ok, i'm sorry, but the hair? i'd rather he have curls again.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/804028e4gw1dl3s6qpexmj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/649ec5d5tw1dktpcm15nuj.jpg')

Smile

Yes, Wallace's hair really bugs me, too. But to be fair to him, I think at certain angles, he actually looks really hot and cool. That probably has something to do with his charisma, though. I still yearn for the older wuxia men's hairstyles.

By the way, Wallace looks really goofy in that behind the scenes photo of him in the orange-colored costume. He always seems really playful and humorous behind the scenes, nothing at all like the serious, brooding characters he tends to play on screen.

the trailer looks good! i hope someone can translate it. and it looks like the original light purple outfit girl has been replaced with the girl in yellow since that girl is now wearing the same purple outfit.