Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shao Feng (冯绍峰)

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    OMG, FengMi has turned me into an FSF fan or what? I can't believe I'm visiting his thread! But thanks for posting those blog comments by FSF. Really witty and funny and I'm so loving his bashful BLUSHING RED expressions whenever he's asked about his beloved YM!!
    You cracked me up so much!! I never hated FSF nor did I love him. I was quite indifferent to his works and thought he was a passable actor. I just thought he was good looking when he played Raymond Lam's cousin in Drive of Life and fell in love with his puppy.

I only started to like his real-life personality after reading his blogs and learning more about him right when he was shooting Gong with Yang Mi. It seems everyone around him has nothing but positive things to say about his sweet nature and his courteousness.

Here's a pretty good interview about him.
    http://yule.qiyi.com/20110321/9e52c007fbb04488.html
    Toward the end, he once again talked about YM's complaints of his driving skill.

His career definitely didn't go smoothly and he almost died in two life-threatening accidents . (That's why YM can't stand his snail paced driving habit ) Even though I heard he came from a very affluent family and know he may not be the best actor out there, I really admired his hard work in entertainment industry for 13 years before hitting to super stardom in Gong.

P.S. It's funny how well he and YM got along! She was like the class clown and the bully in school while FSF was model student and teacher's pet.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Are there more of these? FSF did say "to be continued..." at the bottom of the second one.
    Sorry Mango, he never updated his little adventures with YM in Gong =(.

think YM should buy him another dog as a present and they can both raise it together! (Well, maybe later, they are both way too busy now to care for a pet.)
    I know huh? She should totally get him another puppy! I know FSF buys YM a lot of gifts.."expensive gifts" since he said she likes expensive things but I wonder what YM ever bought for him???? She's just a secretive gal and never shares anything with us FengMi fans
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-26-11 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Here's a pretty good interview about him.
    http://yule.qiyi.com/20110321/9e52c007fbb04488.html
    Toward the end, he once again talked about YM's complaints of his driving skill.

His career definitely didn't go smoothly and he almost died in two life-threatening accidents . (That's why YM can't stand his snail paced driving habit ) Even though I heard he came from a very affluent family and know he may not be the best actor out there, I really admired his hard work in entertainment industry for 13 years before hitting to super stardom in Gong.
    What a lovely interview! He and YM are starting to sound like a happily married couple! My Mom always bicker good-naturedly with my Dad on his driving skills. It looks to me everyone around them is just winking and being so amused by FengMi high on Cloud 9. I feel like screaming at FengMi - what's stopping you? get married and just go make us some beautiful babies!

Yeah, compare FSF who didn't have a smooth path and worked to the bone for over 10 years in the industry before he got his due recognition, in contrast a certain Miss Liu (Yifei) and Miss (Eva) Huang. I heard he comes from one of China's Forbes Rich families (owns one of the biggest textile companies in Mainland - something like that), but he never used money nor contacts but just plain hard work to gain long due and well deserved recognition. Even Raymond Lam who's the scion of Lam Wah Kok (big-time real estate tycoon and considered Xiamen's Li Ka Shing) did seem to have a backdoor to the top of TVB as his dad is a close friend of Albert Yeung and the Shaws.

Now that I'm reading more about FSF, I actually read he nearly died in a motorcar accident in 2007. He was actually in a coma due to a brain blood clot!! I really can't imagine.
    Last edited by munianci; 06-26-11 at 09:06 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

You cracked me up so much!! I never hated FSF nor did I love him. I was quite indifferent to his works and thought he was a passable actor. I just thought he was good looking when he played Raymond Lam's cousin in Drive of Life and fell in love with his puppy
    I know, hit me with a baseball bat or what?!!!

I was very vocal on BBJX and LSS threads about not liking men with big eyes and fair skin. And look at my avatar - I look for ultra-banging bodies and big eagles in my men! FSF has everything I don't normally like but I'm lapping up all his bios, news and past interviews all bcos of FengMi!!
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Here's a video on FSF and his Mom talking about his childhood:

Watching that vid with his mom I can't help but wonder how she and YM interacts, if they've met (YM denies meeting FSF's parents but who knows). We know YM's parents absolutely love FSF (haha), but FSF's mom totally seems like the overprotective type who is super proud of her perfect son and would be suspicious of any potential daughter-in-law (ok getting a bit ahead of things here)...add in YM's blunt, direct, "not afraid to offend anyone", "speak my mind" type personality and this could turn into a disaster with poor FSF stuck in the middle. Also poor FSF having to deal with those crazy fans, that is actually kinda creepy that the girls knocked on his door in the middle of the night and saved up half a month's allowance to go stalk him. O_o And he was still so nice to them!

Anyhow FengMi and FSF have totally flipped my usual standard for celebs/actors too! Usually I like actors who have that 酷 image--like the "badboy", bold, "devil may care", Nic Tse type. I usually don't find the more quiet, shy, and super sweet guys that appealing (nothing against them, they just never stand out for me). But thanks to FengMi that has all gone out the window, and I'm finding the FSF-type adorable and attractive!

Well, I'm guessing I'm not alone...based on the fact that FSF's popularity skyrocketed overnight thanks to the FengMi pairing (while before he filmed for 10+ years without much stardom). I mean, he even managed to win over "yu jie" YM who also crushed on Nic Tse--now that is an impressive feat! XD
    Last edited by mango_cake; 06-26-11 at 01:49 PM.

Ok, time for a FSF picspam! =D

So, up till now, I have progressed from considering FSF to be "not good-looking" to being "good-looking/handsome". However, I still find that FSF is generally not very photogenic and needs very specific styles to flatter his appearance (ancient/costume drama styling does not suit him). The following set of pics, though, have actually made me go "Damn...he is fine!" XD (These are still the rare few photos but they prove he can look hot too! :P Even if he is not one of those actors who look drool-worthy at any angle.)

I have concluded that this is what he needs to look his best:
    1) A modern look, slightly tanned (not too pasty).
    2) A youthful, medium-length, slightly "spiky" hairstyle (no ugly bangs which don't suit him at all, no puffy hair, no lifeless flat hair, and no half-bald Qing braid! All of which I have seen on him and are so not-flattering).
    3) A leather jacket or a well-tailored suit (expensive watch optional but recommended).
    4) Don't gain too much weight (or he loses his good bone structure).
    5) A cool stare/haughty gaze. (Which is rare to see on him because his personality is not that type, so his expressions are typically more "nice guy". I like when he smiles of course--he looks cute, but kinda too boyish...these pics are a different look than what I usually see of him!)

A long list of specific conditions I know, but when he hits all of these...XD. And basically Gong fails on almost all counts. (Although I didn't actually mind him that much in there because I liked his character.) Ming Yun, on the other hand, gets it right! Explains why I like his look in there so much better, hehe!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/v8lkpf.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2h4m9w9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/wpx7n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2iqoi11.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/w1eoic.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/dglylh.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2it0fuo.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/4j6bkl.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/30car6u.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2qu3sd0.jpg')

Mango, LOL...Definitely agree with you on his hairstyle!! You could totally be his makeup artist!

FSF looks much better in modern clothes. Many fans actually commented that both he and YM look even better in real life than on-screen.

I'll share some photos too.

Candid photo that his friend took. Really like this clean look.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/08068d44b602f071500ffe09.jpg')

I know a lot of people on this forum complained about his physique in Gong, but I think he was in good shape up till Gong when he had to gain all that weight and then suddenly lost it all...now he's stick thin...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/610d06d7c3bc8384a044df49.jpg')

Young FSF when he was acting in TVB drama Drive of Life
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/95169ddda8b7f2245882dd5c.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-28-11 at 01:20 AM.

Mango, LOL...Definitely agree with you on his hairstyle!! You could totally be his makeup artist!

FSF looks much better in modern clothes. Many fans actually commented that both he and YM look even better in real life than on-screen.

I know a lot of people on this forum complained about his physique in Gong, but I think he was in good shape up till Gong when he had to gain all that weight and then suddenly lost it all...now he's stick thin...
    Lol! I forgot to mention, also forget the-very short-haired look, that doesn't look good either. (Basically, he should always, ALWAYS stick to this hairstyle! YM, put your foot down! XD And force your man to always wear leather jackets/suits, you will do all of us a favour!) Actually the only time I think he looks ok in ancient styling is the movie stills from DHTHK. Which is weird, because I usually don't really like that "messy/shaggy" long-haired look on guys, but it works way better for FSF than the other ancient hairstyles.

I also agree about the real-life YM/FSF looking better than onscreen...and about FSF being too skinny lately. In the pics that were posted recently from Hong Men Yan filming, he looks scarily skinny. (Though admittedly that was taken after a harrowing experience with probably very little sleep, if any.) He was definitely at his best pre-Gong.

The one complaint I have about FSF...is that I'm so disappointed he smokes (I hear it's just to deal with the stress of filming and to help him stay awake, but still, eww). It is just like when I heard HG and Wallace Huo smoked (maybe still do), it ruins them for me a little bit. I know it's common for actors though. *sigh* (YM, this is another thing you need to take care of...actually I'll forgive bad hair and styling if he stops smoking! XD)

Mango, I'll do you a favour and get the name of "Willian" corrected to "William". I'm not entirely affected with FengMi virus yet, but I must say that gorgeous FengMi couple MV munianci posted in Yang Mi's thread has bewitched me like no other.

Every actor's thread starts with the bio vital stats. So posting FSF's vital stats/CV for the heck of it.

Name: 冯绍峰 / Feng Shao Feng
    English name: William
    Profession: Actor
    Birthdate: 1978-Oct-07
    Birthplace: Shanghai, China
    Height: 178cm
    Weight: 65kg
    Star sign: Libra
    Chinese zodiac: Horse
    TV Series

Ming Yun Jiao Xiang Qu as Liu Chen Xi (in production)
    The Emperor's Harem as Yang Yong (in production)
    Hu Fu Chuan Qi as Xin Ling Jun (in production)
    Tang Gong Mei Ren Tian Xia as Ming Ji (2011)
    Xia Jia San Qian Jin as Xiao Zheng (2011)
    Gong as Yin Si (2011)
    Tian Ya Chi Zi Xin (天涯赤子心) as Zheng Shixian (2010)
    Jia Qi Ru Meng as Meng He Ping (2010)
    Mei Ren Xin Ji as Liu Zhang (2010)
    Tian Di Bu Rong as Shen Chao Zong (2009)
    Zai Xiang Hu Shan Xing (再向虎山行) as Rong Kuan (2009)
    Yi Qian Di Yan Lei as Meng Shao Bai (2008)
    Mei Gui Jiang Hu as Cen Ye Tong (2008)
    Nu Ren Hua (女人花) as Wu Yu Sheng (CCTV, 2008)
    Yun Niang (芸娘) as Lu Hao Zhong (2008)
    Fei Chang Nu Jing (非常女警) as Han Yue (2007)
    Zhou Xuan as Wang Ruo Lin (2007)
    The Drive of Life as Hua Zhen Min (CCTV, 2007)
    Ye Shen Chen (夜深沉) as Song Xin Sheng (CCTV, 2006)
    The Conquest as Crown Prince's friend (TVB, 2006)
    Sigh of His Highness (一生为奴) as Rong Lu (2005)
    The Legend of Hero as Li Qian Jun (2005)
    Wu You Gong Zhu (无忧公主) as Emperor (2004, guest star)
    Assassinator Jingke (荆轲传奇) as Crown Prince Dan (CCTV, 2004)
    Di Yi Zhong Wei Ji (第一种危机) as Tong Gang (2004)
    Wind and Cloud 2 as Huai Kong (CTV, 2004)
    Chu Lian Qing Ren (初恋情人) as Fang Zhen Wen (2004)
    Boy & Girl as Yin Shan (CCTV, 2003)
    Jing Hua Shui Yue (镜花水月) as Ren Wei Jian (2002)
    Ai Qing Mi Ma (爱情密码) as Hao Lei (2001)
    Lao Ba Xiang Qian Chong (老爸向前冲) as Chen Ming Yuan (2001)
    Jue Qi (崛起) as Li Jin Song (2001)
    Qi Shi Bu Xiang Zou (其实不想走) as Shen Jia Ju (2000)
    Shang Cheng Mei You Ye Wan (商城没有夜晚) as Bai Ling
    Pu Dong Ge Yao (浦东歌谣) as Hong Wei Bing
    Xing Xing Chuan (星星串) as Wen Jun
    Shao Nian Xu Bei Hong (少年徐悲鸿) as Xu Bei Hong
    Movies

A Miao De Shi Nian / 阿妙的十年 as Bing Gan Lao (2008)
    Long Men Yi Zhan / 龙门驿站 as Hou Feng (TV movie)
    Crazy for You / 为你疯狂 as Bodyguard
    Da Han Tao Hua Kai / 大寒桃花开 as Da Han (2004)
    Some Like it Cool / 百分百刑警 as Dan (2004)
    Trivia

Education: Shanghai Theatre Academy (2001 graduate)
    Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese and English
    Skills: Singing and performing
    Hobbies: Recreational activities, going online, traveling, performing, dancing, outdoor activities, reading, playing games and singing

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Mango, I'll do you a favour and get the name of "Willian" corrected to "William". I'm not entirely affected with FengMi virus yet, but I must say that gorgeous FengMi couple MV munianci posted in Yang Mi's thread has bewitched me like no other.
    Thank you xiaolong! Now I don't get annoyed every time I look at the "Actors" or FSF page.

Watching that vid with his mom I can't help but wonder how she and YM interacts, if they've met (YM denies meeting FSF's parents but who knows). We know YM's parents absolutely love FSF (haha), but FSF's mom totally seems like the overprotective type who is super proud of her perfect son and would be suspicious of any potential daughter-in-law (ok getting a bit ahead of things here)...add in YM's blunt, direct, "not afraid to offend anyone", "speak my mind" type personality and this could turn into a disaster with poor FSF stuck in the middle. XD
    I know! I can't help but think about how YM and FSF's mom would interact! It's definitely a sight to behold. His mom sounds like such a crazily devoted loving mother. I remember reading a magazine interview where FSF said that "if he scored 99 on a test, his mom would be unhappy. If he scored 97, his mom would yell at him. If he scored 95, she would cry." OMG, it sounds like he had such a strict and disciplinarian childhood, an antithesis to the type of parenting that YM received from her easy going parents.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4a953c8ejw1dip90dp50uj.jpg')
    fan picture of feng shao feng & liu yei fei

not affected at all by the FM virus...FSF's face looks creepy... or am i just crazy? does anyone have the same opinion as me?
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

I know! I can't help but think about how YM and FSF's mom would interact! It's definitely a sight to behold. His mom sounds like such a crazily devoted loving mother. I remember reading a magazine interview where FSF said that "if he scored 99 on a test, his mom would be unhappy. If he scored 97, his mom would yell at him. If he scored 95, she would cry." OMG, it sounds like he had such a strict and disciplinarian childhood, an antithesis to the type of parenting that YM received from her easy going parents.
    Sadly, my parents are more like FSF's parents than YM's. >_< (Although not to that extent! Poor FSF! No wonder he is such a hard worker.)

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    not affected at all by the FM virus...FSF's face looks creepy... or am i just crazy? does anyone have the same opinion as me?
    Nope, just you! You're just crazy! And totally missing out on this lovely pairing! XD

j/k...lol. But seriously what's the point of posting this in FSF's thread when most people reading this like him? (At any rate I never got the point of hanging around in threads of people you hate, you'll just make yourself annoyed by reading about people gushing over that person. e.g. I certainly don't go seeking out Ming Dao threads...does he even have one on SPCnet?) Anyhow there are plenty of people who share your thoughts in the LSS and BB threads if you want to discuss it there--but I'm sure you already know that.

FSF and supermodel Bonnie Chen are the new spokesperson for the French cosmetic line Clarins. I think their commercial looks gorgeous! very classy.

Some say that FSF taking on the prestigious Clarins advertisement project is a clear indication he has his management company HuaYi Bros Media Corp's full support/resources to promote him in the film industry. After Huang Xiao Ming left HuaYi Bros, there was a void left to fill. So expect to see more FSF in big budget movies in the future than TV series.

video:
    http://player.youku.com/player.php/s...OTI2ODIw/v.swf

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/75b84edbjw1dipgkq4ntcj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/646c7f91jw1dip6g1usmfj.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-30-11 at 11:23 PM.

Definitely a very classy commercial for sure! Only problem is FSF is not the focus so I had to sit through too many extraneous scenes for the 10 seconds of FSF screentime...I prefer this version:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjgwOTgyMTM2.html

(But see, see?! This is what happens when he follows the "FSF style guide!" XD Although the hair could be just a tad bit shorter and spikier...)

Edit: It was so sweet of him to give an autographed photo of himself to a fan at the event! Apparently this guy who had asked the girl (the FSF fan) out 16 times but kept getting rejected asked FSF to do this as a favour to help him win the girl over...and FSF replied to him "Wish your 17th marriage proposal is successful!!" Lmao, dude, the guy hasn't even successfully asked the girl out yet...getting ahead of ourselves here aren't we?? FSF where is your mind at lately...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-01-11 at 01:04 AM.

^^ hehe so nice of him~~

i just did a marathon for Gong, finished it in 2 days, love his character in it hehe, my 2nd drama i only watch of him, first being Drive of Life xD
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

Edit: It was so sweet of him to give an autographed photo of himself to a fan at the event! Apparently this guy who had asked the girl (the FSF fan) out 16 times but kept getting rejected asked FSF to do this as a favour to help him win the girl over...and FSF replied to him "Wish your 17th marriage proposal is successful!!" Lmao, dude, the guy hasn't even successfully asked the girl out yet...getting ahead of ourselves here aren't we?? FSF where is your mind at lately...
    I know! Both the girl and guy are soo grateful, especially the guy. It's sad that he couldn't go pick up the autographed photo himself since he's still on active duty (I think he's in the Chinese Air Force).

I can't help but admire how nice FSF and his agent, Liang Yan,treat his fans. I just read a story about one of his most devoted and longtime fans who managed to land a job with HuaYi Bros Media as Liang Yan's assistant. Now, that's a dream job for any fan of a celebrity.

I heard that she first met FSF when she went to visit a film set trying to get an autograph from another celebrity she was worshiping. Unfortunately, that celebrity ignored her. FSF, who was a nobody in showbiz at that time and happened to be working on the same project, saw what happened and felt bad for the girl who went through a lot to see her idol but ended up being callously pushed aside. So he intervened and got the autograph for the girl. After this incident, this girl completely "fanshipped" him, following his career through ups/downs and becoming the leader of his fan base and moderator for his official website. She also ended up majoring in mass media in college. Now that she's a fresh grad, Liang Yan took her in as her new assistant.

P.S. during the Ming Yun Press Conference, no wonder FSF or YM's driver (not sure which one) jokingly told fans that if they want YM's autograph, they should go ask FSF. Then it's guaranteed you'll get an autograph from her!

On the left is the girl (like YM's assistant Miao Ge, i think she likes to cross dress as a guy too) and the guy on the right is FSF's publicist. It's so funny the girl is known as Mr. Chi and the publicist is called Miss Chen. what's up with all the gender confusion!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/61ff30cfjw1diq60l8nvwj.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-02-11 at 01:29 AM.

Fsf just seems like a really classy guy. Looking forward to more news of him with ym
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)