Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shao Feng (冯绍峰)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    Fsf just seems like a really classy guy. Looking forward to more news of him with ym
    From the stories I've heard so far he is definitely the nicest celebrity when it comes to fans! (And also to his friends/colleagues, for that matter.) He also seems really down-to-earth despite the sudden fame that came to him after Gong. It's funny--he has the type of personality that won't offend anybody (well, except for YM at their first collaboration, lmao), while YM often seems to inadvertently offend people even though she has good intentions at heart due to her blunt nature. XD Another one of their "opposites attract" attributes!

Anyways, he just finished filming Hong Men Yan and has just started Hua Pi II filming--unfortunately it seems like YM is still in HengDian filming Ru Yi at the moment but hopefully it won't be long before she joins him in HP2! So we might be getting more news soon (fingers crossed).
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-02-11 at 12:16 AM.

hmmm i wonder any of his drama out yet?? im like waiting day by days for FSF OR fengmi drama...im going insane...lol lucky there are amazing fan here who follow their news and post them here...keep me company reading posted news...=)

I did not like Gong but I do admit that I was swept away by Fengmi probably because few series showed such love with such longevity. I mean, we get to see them together for almost twenty years and saw that their love was just as great if not greater. Many series, either the loved one died off or we see they get together and then the end. So I think that is why Fengmi left such a deep impression for many people.

I actually looked for his other series to see how he acted before and came upon his two series with Ady An. Now, I don't understand Mandarin, so while watching the series, I basically just guess at what they were saying. FSF actually looked handsome in the two series probably because he was thinner and not as pasty looking. He acted great in that two series, and in Four Women Conflict, I actually was more touched with his love for Ady. As much as we try to stay away from Playboys in real life, in dramas they make such exciting characters. Ady was the only woman to ever capture his heart and made him faithful. If anyone watched these two series let me know if there are any eng subs for them.

I remember years ago when Louis Koo first started out, he was real pasty looking, but once he began tanning, he looked so much better. Maybe FSF needs to tan a bit so he'll a little more manly. Seriously, I think Chinese actors physique are terrible, nothing like the Americans who take care of their bodies. Why can't Chinese actors took a little time with their body, work out or something?

i think fsf had to gain 20 pounds for gong (i'm not sure why he had to gain that weight), hence he was quite out of shape in the series...it was all blubber. i agree that i'm not into that pasty look on men; however, louis koo got way too tanned for my liking that i actually prefer his pasty days to his overly tanned current status. yes, it would be so much better of asian actors and actresses took care of their bodies. most of them are thin but not toned unlike caucasian artists where the more popular ones are fit.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I agree that Louis Koo got too burnt looking. Initially, when he first started tanning it was perfect but I think Mr. Handsome got too addicted to tanning and came out looking like a burnt toast now.

I know that he had to gain 20 pounds for Gong but why not had him doing weight instead just all blubber. From what I heard it was actually 30-40 pounds that he had to gain. Seriously I don't know which one is which and whom to believe since I don't read Chinese. I had to rely on some kind souls that are willing to translate anything from Chinese to English. It's been years since I watch any Chinese Dramas be it Taiwan, China, or Hong Kong. Just didn't have the time and patient for it. But I suddenly got a little nostalgic and wanted to watch some Chinese Dramas. I typed chinese dramas and gong came up on youtube, watch it, impress with FSF's acting and went to look for his other series. I'm actually surprise Four Women of Conflict didn't garnish as much attention for FSF. I thought he was fabulous in it and the chemistry with him and Ady was great.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post

I know that he had to gain 20 pounds for Gong but why not had him doing weight instead just all blubber. From what I heard it was actually 30-40 pounds that he had to gain. Seriously I don't know which one is which and whom to believe since I don't read Chinese. I had to rely on some kind souls that are willing to translate anything from Chinese to English. It's been years since I watch any Chinese Dramas be it Taiwan, China, or Hong Kong. Just didn't have the time and patient for it. But I suddenly got a little nostalgic and wanted to watch some Chinese Dramas. I typed chinese dramas and gong came up on youtube, watch it, impress with FSF's acting and went to look for his other series. I'm actually surprise Four Women of Conflict didn't garnish as much attention for FSF. I thought he was fabulous in it and the chemistry with him and Ady was great.
    I think FSF had to gain a lot of weight in a very short time period, like roughly a month, during his busy work schedule. So, I guess he didn't have much time to exercise except in between shootings.

I've only tried to watch certain parts of Four Women Conflict, the ending and bits of the beginning and middle. Don't know why I never got absorbed into the story. Maybe I'll give it another try one of these days. I think it's Ady's character that I didn't find attractive. I mean her fate is just DEPRESSING in that drama. Getting tossed around, from one guy to another. FSF's character didn't help either. LOL. I actually watched more Ady/FSF's other drama Yun Niang a few years ago and thought the acting was sorta cheesy. LOL. My impression of FSF/Ady's onscreen chemistry wasn't as favorable as FengMi despite Gong's poor writing.

Okay. please forgive me for doing some FengMi advertising. LOL. Come visit my FengMi blog. I just updated a lot of stuff.

Some new anecdotes about FengMi:

"A Christmas to Remember..."
    "Behind the Wheel Bickering"

Sorry for those cheesy blog titles, but I needed to come up with something...

Feel free to comment on FengMi blogs if you have anything to say.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-06-11 at 02:31 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Yeah, Four Women Conflict does get quite depressing and quite a bit of angst. But I was touched by FSF's love for Ady's character. Ady was a pawn between her first husband and her master but FSF truly loved her and his love never wavered. Try watching it again, even for me who does not understand mando I can feel their emotions and chemistry. It's really is quite sad that the series wasn't as popular. It thought FSF and Ady did a superb job. Oh by the way, FSF was so sauve in the series and that mischievous grin of his......

perhaps sunnysnow has seen four women conflict as she is ady's fan. i love ady an as well, but this drama doesn't appeal to me (i'm just not interested in that tme period).
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I actually went to your blog. You did a great job! Keep up the good work.

I actually went to your blog. You did a great job! Keep up the good work.
    Thanks christintran! I'm happy people are growing to like FengMi as much as I do. hehehe...After your review of Four Women Conflict, I went back to give it another shot. This time I watched it in order and restrained myself from pressing the FF button. The drama is quite enjoyable after all . FSF's acting in this one was a HUGE improvement from his previous role in Yun Niang. I was actually convinced by his playboy character and thought he was pretty enjoyable to watch, but definitely not likeable! When I saw his passionate make out scenes with Rain or Jiang YuPing character I just couldn't help myself but burst out laughing like a crazy maniac. The womanizing/lustful Shen Chaozong was such a stark antithesis to the camera shy and soft spoken FSF I see in his interviews. The fact those passionate love scenes were poorly choreographed didn't help either. It felt too contrived no matter how hard FSF and Rain tried to make it looked realistic.

As for Ady, I thought she didn't really do as good of a job as I hope in portraying the demure Du LanYan. She was better in Autumn Concerto. I just have a really strong impression of the real Ady stuck in my head that I wasn't convinced by her defenseless Du Lanyan character. However, I was actually able to get absorbed in her Autumn Concerto's Mu Cheng character without thinking of the real Ady. Maybe Ady will get better in later parts of the series?

P.S. can't help but find the storyline of Four Women Conflict similar to that famous Chinese classic Jin Ping Mei or The Plum in the Golden Vase and aspects of the French novel Les liaisons Dangereuses. I see Shen Chaozong as a derivative of Ximen Qing and Du Lanyan as a hybrid of Pan Jinglian and Li Ping'er. Oh Yu Zheng Yu Zheng, when will u ever impress me with some original works?
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-09-11 at 07:21 PM.

I haven't seen any of FSF/Ady's collaborations (none of them really appealed to me either, plus I don't like YZ's dramas, plus I saw a clip of FSF in Yun Niang I think where I wasn't that impressed by his acting). However after seeing a BTS clip of them in Hou Gong I do think their real-life friendship is quite cute.

Here's a blurry version: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjU3MTg1MTUy.html (The one I watched was clearer and had just the FSF-related scenes only, also a few extra bits not in this one, but I can't find it now)

FSF is off stealing Ady's fruit to eat while she's filming, and just keeps on hogging it even when she catches him red-handed, lmao. In the other vid (that I can't find now) Ady also bemoans that FSF's weibo followers are nearly catching up to hers and says his personality makes it so easy to make fun of/bully him (I'm sure YM would agree, lol!). Actually who wants to bet that FSF was the one that introduced YM and Ady to each other?? Do the two girls have any other good friends in common?

(Also who wants to guess whose weibo FSF is reading/replying to all the time? Sounds like this vid was taken during or shortly after Gong broadcasted, we all know who and what the main topic of his weibo was back then... )

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I haven't seen any of FSF/Ady's collaborations (none of them really appealed to me either, plus I don't like YZ's dramas, plus I saw a clip of FSF in Yun Niang I think where I wasn't that impressed by his acting). However after seeing a BTS clip of them in Hou Gong I do think their real-life friendship is quite cute.
    He's actually been paired up a lot more often with Ady than with YM, but it doesn't seem to be as much as with YM, somehow. Blame the FengMi BTS and fandom for it.

Okay, I changed my mind. Ady is pretty good after all in Four Women Conflict. I'm more absorbed into her character now. Felt bad for the poor girl. But then I felt Shen ChaoZong fell too quickly for LanYan. They need more development!

I can never really enjoy Four Women Conflict bcos of the blatant rip-off from Gentle Reflections and I just think Ady's character turned her affections from Mickey to FSF too fast. Plus the whole ending was just so messy - suddenly he had to become someone else he's not (son of a general?). And he's like OK with it?!! Ewwww. And then that subplot of Xin He cross dressing to kill off the head courtesan and take her place. IDK, it all seems so messed up. And why on earth did YZ name Ady's sister-in-law "Lu Wu Shuang" (character from ROCH)?!!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I can never really enjoy Four Women Conflict bcos of the blatant rip-off from Gentle Reflections and I just think Ady's character turned her affections from Mickey to FSF too fast. Plus the whole ending was just so messy - suddenly he had to become someone else he's not (son of a general?). And he's like OK with it?!! Ewwww. And then that subplot of Xin He cross dressing to kill off the head courtesan and take her place. IDK, it all seems so messed up. And why on earth did YZ name Ady's sister-in-law "Lu Wu Shuang" (character from ROCH)?!!
    Luckily, I never watched Gentle Reflections so I'm not cursing at YZ yet. Four Women Conflict is keeping me entertained so far, but I'm only a 1/3 into the drama. Maybe I'll get pissed off later. HAHAHAHA. Since Gentle Reflection is a rip off of the The Plum in the Golden Vase, I'm seeing more similarities of that novel and Four Women too. And the whole subplot of Chaozong seducing LanYan at the urging of Yu Ping is totally a rip off of Les Liaisons Dangereuses.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-10-11 at 07:09 AM.

I am currently watching Yun Niang, again without eng subs, so that means I can't understand 3/4 of what they are saying. Nevertheless, I understand enough to know what is going on. Frankly all the way until Ady was thought to be killed, I loved FSF because he was so adorable and so in love with Ady, but after that, I am actually disgusted with FSF's character. He was such a weak character that he allowed his mother to control him like a puppet. Frankly, if I loved my wife as much as FSF proclaimed he loved his wife, there is no way in hell, I would marry so soon even if my mother threatened me. And then, to misunderstand and distrust his wife and allow his mother to demote Ady to second wife was the final straw. Frankly by now i actually wanted Ady to fall in love with her friend that grew up with her. FSF's character was too weak of a man to ever fully protect his wife. I find such men not worth having.

At least in Four Women Conflict, FSF was very strong willed and did not allow his mother to control him like a puppet. I much prefer FSF in Four Women in Conflict than the FSF in Yun Niang. In Yun Niang, I could not respect FSF even though he loved Ady alot.
    Last edited by christinatran; 07-10-11 at 05:55 AM.

I am currently watching Yun Niang, again without eng subs, so that means I can't understand 3/4 of what they are saying. Nevertheless, I understand enough to know what is going on. Frankly all the way until Ady was thought to be killed, I loved FSF because he was so adorable and so in love with Ady, but after that, I am actually disgusted with FSF's character. He was such a weak character that he allowed his mother to control him like a puppet. Frankly, if I loved my wife as much as FSF proclaimed he loved his wife, there is no way in hell, I would marry so soon even if my mother threatened me. And then, to misunderstand and distrust his wife and allow his mother to demote Ady to second wife was the final straw. Frankly by now i actually wanted Ady to fall in love with her friend that grew up with her. FSF's character was too weak of a man to ever fully protect his wife. I find such men not worth having.

At least in Four Women Conflict, FSF was very strong willed and did not allow his mother to control him like a puppet. I much prefer FSF in Four Women in Conflict than the FSF in Yun Niang. In Yun Niang, I could not respect FSF even though he loved Ady alot.
    I think the weak husband character is what repelled me from Yun Niang. lol. I'm sorta starting to like the Shen Chaozong character more in Four Women Conflict, but I think the 8th prince is still my favorite FSF's role. I think his character in Drive of Life was pretty good too even though I don't remember much of it now. lol

Right now, I'm really looking forward to his role in Painted Skin 2 and Xiang Yu in White Vengeance. I hope he does a good job portraying Xiang Yu. Please do not make him another love sick puppy! Eh...but then Xiang Yu failed politically and militarily in history...so it's not going to another happy story.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-10-11 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I think the weak husband character is what repelled me from Yun Niang. lol. I'm sorta starting to like the Shen Chaozong character more in Four Women Conflict, but I think the 8th prince is still my favorite FSF's role. I think his character in Drive of Life was pretty good too even though I don't remember much of it now. lol
    I didn't get why he and Myolie were popular as a couple. They failed to get me invested in the parts of Drive of Life which I saw.

IDK, maybe with certain people there's a natural sync? Kevin & Myolie were wonderful as a couple in Ghetto Justice, but FSF & Myolie were mediocre. Sure, nice couple story, but nothing special that will leave you with sweet memories.

Shen Chaozong was a strong enough character when it came to standing by his woman, but I think he got too easily duped by his 2nd wife (not believable for an experienced playboy). I was fine with his character until that brainfart subplot/ending where he lost his memory and became a General's heir.

http://dangermousie.livejournal.com/2177240.html
    A livejournal post blogging about Feng Shao's most popular pairings(Ady An, Myolie Wu & Yang Mi)
    QQ Interviewing Myolie Wu & Feng Shao Fung
    Credits to : hkangel @ http://myolie-wu.net/
    Translated by : my0t1 @ http://myolie-wu.net/

This is the one hour interview. It's a must see interview although the whole interview was spoken in Mandarin. You can totally see there are many interactions between Fenolie (Feng Shao Feng and Myolie). Shao Feng pretty much was facing Myolie the whole time and you can see he paid much more attention on Myolie than the other girl Zhao Ke.

Our Myolie's always so adorable. And you have to admit, Myolie's Mandarin is close to flawless!! I wish I can talk like this in Mandarin. Anyways ....

This interview is really really long, it's kinda hard to write the whole transcript of the interview ... lemme just share some of the highlights here.

It's funny near the beginning when the three described how they first met. Shao Feng complained that Myolie ignored him. haahahh Of course Myolie protested. Then Shao Feng said, "okay okay ... you were nice and friendly to me the first day but the next day you ignored me!!" I think he gave a little pout but quickly replaced by a smile, "just joking". Isn't this cute?

Later in the interview, Myolie said that she treated Shao Feng and Zhao Ke to a French cuisine dinner in Hong Kong. Shao Feng quickly said he was very stressful eating with Myolie because he was afraid of the paparrazzi. Myolie then elaborated that at that time, there were a lot of paparrazzi. "So if I were to have dinner with a handsome guy like Shao Feng, we would be in big trouble." Then Zhao Ke (the other girl) said, "Myolie demanded that I had to stand in between them." Myolie nodded and smiled. The interviewer then asked Shao Feng and Zhao Ke if Myolie brought them to great cuisines in HK. Shao Feng immediately complained and pouted, "She only brought us to dinner once." Myolie protested again, "we didn't have time!!" Zhao Ke then defended Myolie, "She actually invited us several times." Shao Feng then clarified, "Actually, we understand Myolie's situation. She had invited us a few times but we told her to forget about the dinner. If I were to go with her alone, she'd be in big trouble."

When Myolie was asked for her most compatible co-star, before Myolie could answer, Feng interrupted immediately, "Feng Shao Fung ar ..." causing Myolie to crack up. "haha ... of course I have to say Feng la", Myolie answered out of politeness (we all know who Myolie are thinking ... ). Feng then said, "okay okay ... besides me, you can tell us other co-stars". "Actually, I didn't really partner with a lot of male co-stars. But within TVB .. hmmmm .... Raymond Lam's pretty good (Myo smiled a bit when she talked about him) ... yup (nodding her head) ... " She then smiled even more, "and then ummmm ", covering her face may be she's trying to hide her smile, "Bosco Wong's pretty good too" and she smiled even more. hahaha ... you gotta watch the video ... she looked soo cute and shy when answering this question.

When Myolie explained that she is planning to hold a birthday party in China this year, she was quickly interrupted by Shao Feng (hahaha ... he seems to enjoy interrupting Myolie and making funny remarks to cheer Myolie), "Exactly when will you hold your b-day party? Remember to treat me dinner!" (errr .... I'm not too sure about this part ... either he told Myo to treat him dinner or he's treating her) Myolie laughed, "I believe it would be some time between October and November since my birthday is on Nov 6. It all depends on what my schedule is at the time, but definitely I will make the time to hold the party." Shao Feng then said, "Actually I find most of the time we would spend our birthdays during work. So it's typical for us to celebrate our birthdays among our co-workers. Like having a nice meal together" He then looked at Myolie and said, "so yeah ... we should eat together okay?"

When the interviewer asked them what was the most memorable birthday celebration they spent at work, Myolie talked about her experience when filming "Gateau Affairs". She said on the day of her birthday, she had to work. When ppl called out everyone to come to work, Myolie expressed that she already sensed there's something different from normal but didn't know what it was until she saw the chef (who's well known for his dessert) brought a HUGE HUGE mango mousse cake out. She claimed that this was the biggest cake she'd seen and that it weighted 15+ pounds. She continued saying that the cake was shared among the people from all four of the TVB production houses yet they still failed to finish the whole cake. At this very moment, Shao Feng said, "You should have called us!" Myolie smiled, "I didn't even know you back then." "Then next time remember to call us."
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...eng-shao-fung/

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I didn't get why he and Myolie were popular as a couple. They failed to get me invested in the parts of Drive of Life which I saw.

IDK, maybe with certain people there's a natural sync? Kevin & Myolie were wonderful as a couple in Ghetto Justice, but FSF & Myolie were mediocre. Sure, nice couple story, but nothing special that will leave you with sweet memories.

Shen Chaozong was a strong enough character when it came to standing by his woman, but I think he got too easily duped by his 2nd wife (not believable for an experienced playboy). I was fine with his character until that brainfart subplot/ending where he lost his memory and became a General's heir.
    I agree with you about FSF and Myolie. I felt zero chemistry from them in Drive of Life. Even thought Raymond Lam and Charmaine Sheh had more chemistry than them. Schemes of a Beauty was just a little better. I always thought Myolie has the best chemistry with her real boyfriend Bosco . . Absolutely loved them in War of the In-Laws.

Though I've watched a lot of FSF's dramas before Gong, I never felt strongly about any of his onscreen pairing until FengMi. I actually wanted to root for Ady and him in Yun Niang and Four Women Conflict awhile ago, but it just didn't work =/. I think same goes for YM. Even the popular Hu Ge/YM pairing in Liao Zhai and CP3 didn't convince me to root for them. Oddly, I somehow got sucked into the FengMi craziness. Like someone said before on this forum, FengMi onscreen chemistry just has enough firework to keep you burning for more .
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-10-11 at 07:02 AM.