Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shao Feng (冯绍峰)

Quote Originally Posted by christiantran, did you say you're watching Four Women Conflict without english subs? I actually found a website that has english subs.
    [url
    http://lets-look.com/index.php?/topi...conflict-2009/[/url]!
    OMG, I can't believe it! Thanks so much. I'm at work right now so I can't stream it until I get home but thanks so much. Most of the time I have to guess what they are saying but there are some words that are similar to cantonese so I understand some of it. Once again, thanks so much!

FSF kinda remind me of Yuan Hong. Yuan Hong has the kind of face that is fabulous for ancient dramas but not in modern and FSF looks way better in modern or premodern era than in ancient dramas. I also like to see a scruffy FSF, you think he can pull off as well as Yuan Hong in the Yang Warriors? I thought Yuan Hong was the hottest one in the series because of his scruffy looks.

here are some better pictures of fsf from the movie posted by other members from spcnet. i took these from yang mi's thread and hopefully i can remember to give credit to the proper people. so he can look hunky and masculine.

swtaznlaydee provided the first 2
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6ce5fba9gw1dihbbufkrqj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6ce5fba9gw1dihclmud6uj.jpg')

i can't remember who provided the third one.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6ce5fba9gw1diysx0lcs6j.jpg')

Large pic
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

JoleCole,

The link you provided for not only allow me to have eng sub but the best part is it's dub in Cantonese! I couldn't believe it! Thanks so much again!

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    here are some better pictures of fsf from the movie posted by other members from spcnet. i took these from yang mi's thread and hopefully i can remember to give credit to the proper people. so he can look hunky and masculine.
    Hmmm...it might be difficult for FSF to look ultra-masculine messy, e.g. Yuan Hong in Young Warriors, Wallace Huo in Strange Hero, or the ultimate epitome of masculinity - Nic Tse in any period drama. FSF doesn't have the defined, sharp-edged features these guys have. His features are a bit roundish and on the soft side, which gives him that rich man's son look.

But Yang Mi looks so beautiful here with her puppy fat. She was only 17 here? I miss her roundish, puppy fat cheeks in the old days.
    Last edited by munianci; 07-11-11 at 02:06 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

me too! i totally miss baby face yang mi. to be honest, i thought she was more beautiful back then than she is now. she's still more beautiful than most asian actresses, but i prefer her young and fresh look.

i wouldn't call wallace huo manly...he's a pretty boy. even in strange heroes (i haven't seen the series as i'm neither a lss nor wallace fan), i thought the make up made him look more masculine but he's still a pretty boy at heart. although i agree, that it may be tough seeing fsf as a man's kind of man. even nic tse is a bit effeminate (aka pretty boy) looking to me regardless of his costume. even though deng chao has a round face, he's much more manly than the rest of those pretty boys. i'm going to mix up various generations of actors, but i find chow yun fat, hu ge, mike he, yuan kuan manly, hxm, and feliz wong manly compared to many of the more current popular artists (excluding hu ge).
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-11-11 at 02:07 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    Hmmm...it might be difficult for FSF to look ultra-masculine messy, e.g. Yuan Hong in Young Warriors, Wallace Huo in Strange Hero, or the ultimate epitome of masculinity - Nic Tse in any period drama. FSF doesn't have the defined, sharp-edged features these guys have. His features are a bit roundish and on the soft side, which gives him that rich man's son look.

But Yang Mi looks so beautiful here with her puppy fat. She was only 17 here? I miss her roundish, puppy fat cheeks in the old days.
    LOL poor guy no wonder he's typecast. I wonder if workout can make men looked more rugged look? Maybe that's what he needs to do. Nic Tse never did a thing for me nor did I ever think he was masculine. While thousands of girls swoon for him I always thought his acting is mediocre and lookwise, he's good looking but nothing spectacular. Afterall, he is the offspring of the most beautiful couple in Hong Kong years ago I wouldn't expect anything less. I do admire Nic for willing to give up his image for his wife but then again, it's sad to see his marriage crumbling. It would be great if his marriage to Cecilia worked out.

Here's a snippet from an interview I just came across:

Interviewer: You're so handsome, plus in your university days you were the infamous "motorcycle racer" in your class, I'm sure all along you've had lots of beautiful girls around you, when you encounter an admirer revealing their feelings to you, what would you do?
    FSF: If she is the type that I adore, I don't need her to say anything, I will voluntarily pursue her myself. If I have no feelings for her, I will probably respectfully retreat (avoid being too close with her).
    Interviewer: "Respectfully retreat/avoid her?" You won't try to be good friends with her?
    FSF: Nah, I'd rather not...I wouldn't want to have any hazy/unclear feelings/relations between us.

Swoon...well his feelings for YM are already obvious but this makes it even clearer! I already got the feeling he hates hearing rumours linking him to girls with whom he has no relationship--e.g. his weibo in Feb (which I posted in YM's thread), where he immediately flat-out shot down rumours of him dating other girls (while at the same time revealing his sweet Valentine's Day message was meant for YM), yet he is perfectly content to let the media keep guessing about his relationship status with YM. Also in a Jan interview, the host was about to start asking him about the rumours with Myolie--FSF immediately said "Can we not talk about that." (He also looked a bit uncomfortable--perhaps because YM was right beside him. Actually she sounded more interested in the rumours--she kept teasing him about it, lmao! Poor FSF. This was back when I don't think YM/FSF were dating yet.) His reaction to YM rumours, however, is totally different. (To the point where he often shyly nods or admits it when he is asked if he likes YM's type of girl! XD)

(By the way, I know FSF has given up motorcycle racing after his 2 accidents, but I am so dying for a photoshoot or scene of FSF driving a motorcycle with YM behind him both in leather jackets. XD How amazing would that be...I need a director or magazine editor to make this happen!!)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    me too! i totally miss baby face yang mi. to be honest, i thought she was more beautiful back then than she is now. she's still more beautiful than most asian actresses, but i prefer her young and fresh look.

i wouldn't call wallace huo manly...he's a pretty boy. even in strange heroes (i haven't seen the series as i'm neither a lss nor wallace fan), i thought the make up made him look more masculine but he's still a pretty boy at heart. although i agree, that it may be tough seeing fsf as a man's kind of man. even nic tse is a bit effeminate (aka pretty boy) looking to me regardless of his costume. even though deng chao has a round face, he's much more manly than the rest of those pretty boys. i'm going to mix up various generations of actors, but i find chow yun fat, hu ge, mike he, yuan kuan manly, hxm, and feliz wong manly compared to many of the more current popular artists (excluding hu ge).
    YM was beautiful back then but more of a "cute beautiful". My favourite YM is a few years later during her WZJ phase--when she had lost a bit of her baby fat but still had a fuller face than she does now, she looked truly "elegant beautiful" at that time. I'm still so mad that LSH made her pull 4 teeth, that was so unnecessary. (Worst of all it brought on so many plastic surgery rumours that made YM's reputation really take a hit. >_<)

I agree with your picks of "manly" actors patricia--except HG can also look "pretty boy" depending on styling. Actually Nic Tse is a bit of a conundrum to me--at some angles he looks super manly, in other pictures I agree he has more of an effeminate look. I have not actually seen much of his dramas/movies (only "The Promise" and "Hua Wu Que and Xiao Yu Er"), however his acting also did not impress me in those. I'm not sure why I swoon at the sight of him actually...his good looks have something to do with it but I think it's more because of his charisma/aura, that sort of confident, "ku", devil-may-care, slightly "badboy" swagger he has going for him. And of course what a chivalrous guy he is when it comes to his wife/family. And also, his singing...just hearing his voice makes me weak in the knees. XD

I just finished watching Four Women Conflict and I am quite depress. I seldom watch Asian dramas because of the melodramatic and depressive plots but somehow I was captivated by the series. Frankly, I am emotionally depleted simply because I became too emotionally invested in the series. I love William and Ady in this series and William redeemed himself in this series as a man of action and a real man unlike his character in Yun Niang. His love is also stronger, more passionate, deeper, and unwavered in Four Women Conflict. I must say that William and Ady are the two actors that I think did great crying scenes, very natural and emotional. I always believe a talented actor should be able to convey emotions on their face without really having to have a whole bunch of dialog. FSF, imo, was able to do that. For example, in the scene where Ady married him and get splash through 18 bins of water to "purified" herself, the anguish and pain he conveyed was remarkable, and the scene where he held a dead Ady and playing the flute one last time was also superb. He was crying and it was so natural, it's no wonder YM said out of all the people she worked with FSF is the best doing crying scene. I think I will not be watching Asian dramas for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    I just finished watching Four Women Conflict and I am quite depress. I seldom watch Asian dramas because of the melodramatic and depressive plots but somehow I was captivated by the series. Frankly, I am emotionally depleted simply because I became too emotionally invested in the series. I love William and Ady in this series and William redeemed himself in this series as a man of action and a real man unlike his character in Yun Niang. His love is also stronger, more passionate, deeper, and unwavered in Four Women Conflict. I must say that William and Ady are the two actors that I think did great crying scenes, very natural and emotional. I always believe a talented actor should be able to convey emotions on their face without really having to have a whole bunch of dialog. FSF, imo, was able to do that. For example, in the scene where Ady married him and get splash through 18 bins of water to "purified" herself, the anguish and pain he conveyed was remarkable, and the scene where he held a dead Ady and playing the flute one last time was also superb. He was crying and it was so natural, it's no wonder YM said out of all the people she worked with FSF is the best doing crying scene. I think I will not be watching Asian dramas for a while now.
    Totally agree with you about FSF's crying skills...he's really good at it..and this drama is SO DEPRESSING!! I haven't watched this kind of drama in a long time. I need to watch something happy now to wipe out the melancholy hmm...what's good and happy to watch now??? I'll go watch something more neutral...CSI. Grissom's wits will make me laugh...LOL

I totally LOVED the teareyed marriage scene that FSF did. You can should take a peak to see this impressive acting scene. Scroll to min 4:29 to watch

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZdZtyUAZ40')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-11-11 at 11:45 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

His acting there is definitely very good! Although he's so submissive to his mother (by the way wtf, she looks way too young to be his mom! Is that the same actress as that annoying evil nun in Gong?). Quite a change from his 8th prince character who would've never have let that kind of thing happen to his beloved Qing Chuan, lol. XD

Man I was somewhat tempted to watch this to see one of FSF's older roles and also see FSF/Ady. However from the reviews and that clip, it seems seriously depressing. >_< And also chock full of typical YZ series women scheming, which I am so sick of by now. What I did get from it though, is that FSF looks really very handsome in Min Guo style. (I swear, FSF/YM's next collaboration better be a Min Guo drama. Otherwise way too much wasted potential.) However this series confuses me, why are the men styled in Min Guo while the women look like they're from ancient days?? Female hairstyles were not this elaborate anymore during this time period, were they??

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    His acting there is definitely very good! Although he's so submissive to his mother (by the way wtf, she looks way too young to be his mom! Is that the same actress as that annoying evil nun in Gong?). Quite a change from his 8th prince character who would've never have let that kind of thing happen to his beloved Qing Chuan, lol. XD
    The mom is played by a veteran HK actress Catherina Yim (she was born in 1955). And there was an evil nun in Gong??? Caterina Yim wasn't in Gong. If I remember correctly, there were only two HK actresses in Gong, Sonja Kwok (Xi Pin) and Maggie Shiu (8th Prince's mother).

Man I was somewhat tempted to watch this to see one of FSF's older roles and also see FSF/Ady. However from the reviews and that clip, it seems seriously depressing. >_< And also chock full of typical YZ series women scheming, which I am so sick of by now. What I did get from it though, is that FSF looks really very handsome in Min Guo style. (I swear, FSF/YM's next collaboration better be a Min Guo drama. Otherwise way too much wasted potential.) However this series confuses me, why are the men styled in Min Guo while the women look like they're from ancient days?? Female hairstyles were not this elaborate anymore during this time period, were they??
    I was actually able to tolerate the typical women scheme plotlines in this drama since it was actually quite entertaining. Really thought FSF did a good job in acting out the womanizing/love sick character even though he's not the likeable type. I think the costumes and hairstyles are pretty accurate for this drama except they just didn't decorate their hair with so many ornaments. The story takes place during the early Republican Era circa 1910ish in a traditional small town. I think Qi Bao didn't get popular until 1920s in the big westernized cities like Shanghai/Tianjin.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-12-11 at 02:10 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Oh I see, so this was still very early Min Guo period...the styling makes more sense then. For the "evil nun character", I mean the lady in the ridiculous subplot where QC goes off to that nun place (where Lv Yi and YSS appear). I guess she just looks similar to this actress then (although I couldn't really get a good look at the face since the YT video quality is not that high).

I don't think I will be able to stomach a long series of BOTH FSF and Ady being meek, submissive characters though. I was already getting so enraged at that 10min clip, I wanted one of them to just slap that mother. (Well, at least stand up for themselves a bit.) Sounds like a touching story though...but a bit too forcefully tragic/melodramatic for my tastes.

Well, Four Women Conflict definitely has a lovely and touching love story for FSF & Ady - that's why I still think Yu Zheng does very well with love stories, certainly better than Tangren. It's just the ending of Four Women Conflict which is WTF?!! I much prefer Pretty Maid even though I'm neutral towards Chen Sicheng and dislike Maya Shu. Pretty Maid definitely had one of the most awesome love stories I've seen. YZ can create a lot of feeling and chemistry between two artistes with his awesome music score and love story scripts, even though looks-wise Maya Shu doesn't match Chen Sicheng (she looks too old for him IMO).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-12-11 at 03:16 AM.

I wonder the reason why Yu Zheng is able to create such chemistry with his actors could be the fact that the characters are very touchy feely in his shows that I watched so far. Many of the Chinese drama display somewhat vanilla affections-very little kissing, if at all, and few hugs. But with YZ, his actors kissed and hugged a lot. When I was watching Four Women Conflict dubbed in Cantonese, many of the dialog between Ady and William were very lovey dovey to the point it sound very "yuk ma" in cantonese. I actually think when it comes to deep love dialog, it sounded way better in Mando.

Not really. I think FSF in Four Women Conflict had more kissing and bed scenes with Rain Lee/Jiang Yu Ping, but obviously he didn't care for her and she's a psychopath. Chen Sicheng and Maya Shu didn't even kiss in Pretty Maid. Mickey He and Yang Mi had more angst scenes than lovey dovey in Mei Ren Xin Ji/Schemes of a Beauty - they didn't even hug!

It's to do with the script. He's generally good with love stories, but his tendencies to tag on hair-brain sub-plots can get annoying. I didn't like the story arc of Xin He - she cross dresses to seduce the head courtesan and kill her, then becomes head courtesan, then opium addict, recovers and becomes mad just from a little bump on the head. What I don't get is how come people can die so easily in YZ series? Just a little bump on the head and dang! a big burly man can die just like that. It takes a real stretch of the imagination to believe a lady of leisure like Jiang Yu Ping can kill big fat man like Da You so easily with her bare hands. Wooh! Bionic Woman?

FSF & Myolie's story in MRXJ/Schemes of a Beauty was like another of those little by-the-way sub-plots which the main story is better without. And YZ didn't put any effort in fleshing out their story, so I didn't feel a thing for them. Also, looks like YZ can't do battle scenes (unlike Tangren who excels superbly in this area). Most of the battles in MRXJ were just told in recall/speech. Such a pity - so much potential for great battle scenes as it was set during a period of intense strife. But there were no proper battle scenes in MRXJ.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-12-11 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Mickey He and Yang Mi had more angst scenes than lovey dovey in Mei Ren Xin Ji/Schemes of a Beauty - they didn't even hug!

It's to do with the script. He's good with love stories, but his tendencies to tag on convenient hair-brain sub-plots can get annoying. I didn't like the story arc of Xin He - she cross dresses to seduce the head courtesan and kill her, then becomes head courtesan, then opium addict, recovers and becomes mad just from a little bump on the head. What I don't get is how come people can die so easily in YZ series? Just a little bump on the head and dang! a big burly man can die just like that. It takes a real stretch of the imagination to believe a lady of leisure like Jiang Yu Ping can kill big fat man like Da You so easily with her bare hands. Wooh! Bionic Woman?

FSF & Myolie's story in MRXJ/Schemes of a Beauty was like another of those little by-the-way sub-plots which the main story is better without. And YZ didn't put any effort in fleshing out their story, so I didn't feel a thing for them.
    Well...YM/Mickey sort of did have a hug, right before they kissed. But yeah it was mostly angst, angst, and more angst. Which was touching and all, but made it doubly frustrating because you expect that you're suffering through all that angst to get to some kind of payoff, but it just ended in tragedy. >_<

However I totally agree on the lame subplots he makes up that aren't coherent with the story. It was especially bad in Gong (the nun place subplot and Zhu 3 Tai Zi subplot stick out like sore thumbs). Actually MRXJ was pretty coherent until the second half--e.g. the FSF/Myolie subplot, while I also didn't get at all invested nor did I feel their chemistry, at least I felt like it was important to the story (since FSF was battling it out with Sammul for the throne and ultimately backed out because of Myolie). So it was critical to the plot and I wasn't annoyed by it (unlike some other random YZ subplots). And all the illogical stuff he adds in drives me crazy.

He does evoke powerful emotion better than the recent TR series though. The first half of MRXJ was so heartwrenching, I even cried several times (rare for me). Gong was much more poorly executed but the FengMi scenes in the last episode were quite heartwrenching as well (although it didn't quite get me to cry). However I didn't feel that sad at all during LOCH or CP3 (even in the tragic scenes)...the last TR series to make me cry was the wonderful SNYJJ--even that one though, the romantic relationships are more sweet/cute--I was pulled in by the powerful familial relationships and storyline, not the romance--not that I minded of course). I wonder if TR switched scriptwriters in the middle or something because I thought they did a fantastic job with the romance in LiaoZhai and TWFX, don't know what went wrong after that. YZ actually does have a lot of potential for making amazing series--what he really needs is a co-writer that knows how to create plots that flow together and make sense. Too bad YZ's ego is too big for that to happen. >_<

I'd say that FSF is one lucky son of a gun in Four Women Conflict since he get to make out with so many pretty girls. FSF sounded and looked so shy in the interviews I have seen I wonder how he must have felt having to do all those make out scenes. It must be quite embarrassing.

Well I don't know about FWC (SQQ) but he certainly doesn't seem shy when it comes to his kissing scenes with Yang Mi in Gong, lmao...even sneaking in additional impromptu kisses that weren't in the script. And don't forget a young FSF trying to sneak in a kiss scene with YM in their first movie together. From an interview I saw he certainly seemed really gleeful and not a bit embarrassed about their kisses in Gong, haha. Sounds like it's "the more the better" for him!

Although maybe this is limited to YM only. Anyone have interviews of him discussing his kiss scenes with the other actresses? Lol.

Actually FSF seems to have 2 sides: even though he comes off as shy in a lot of interviews (though I think most of this is when he is asked YM-related questions so it's just that he's at a loss at how to answer), he seems quite bold when it comes to certain other things. e.g. he's not shy at all about setting the media straight for some ridiculous rumours about him (or YM), and he's also quite bold in the way he goes all out in pursuing the girl he likes. I think it's not so much that he's "shy", it's more that he is very polite/soft-spoken and obviously is a terrible liar (which is why he always stumbles over his words/hesitates when asked about YM, giving the impression that he's very shy. But actually, when he's asked other normal questions he really doesn't come off as being that shy at all. For example he was quite outgoing and open in the Happy Camp episode).
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-13-11 at 12:43 AM.

(Actually...come to think of it YM seems pretty delighted whenever she's talking about acting out kiss scenes with FSF too, lol! Oh these two, they're killing me with their cuteness. XD Though I haven't really seen interviews of her talking about kiss scenes with other actors either, but I can't imagine her being so happy about it. e.g. I remember reading an article about YM/HG's first kiss in CP3, they actually tried to avoid the kiss scene by just faking the angles, which led to HG bumping into YM's nose (they both have such high pointy noses ) and giving her a bad nosebleed! They just did the scene for real after that. Don't think FSF would've agreed to just a fake kiss. (Then again...HG seemed pretty happy talking about his kiss scenes with YM after the fact, like in his recent interview. )