Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shao Feng (冯绍峰)

Which kisses were impromptu? As I recall, there were only 4 kisses in the whole series and two of those kisses were in the same scene. Well, I couldn't blame YM for having an initial bad impression of FSF, afterall, she was only 17 at the time. Frankly, it was almost pedophile lol since he was in his mid twenties. I would love to understand interviews conducted about him and Ady since they collaborated so many times.

It was the kitchen scene I believe, where he kissed her twice. The first one was in the script, the second one was added in by FSF (just couldn't get enough I guess ). He said he thought it fit with 8th prince's character (good excuse FSF...), because 8th prince would've thought, "the more you don't want me to kiss you, the more I'll kiss you!". YM's reaction was pretty funny too. ("好你个冯绍峰!")

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/61e7f4aatw1dj4308roiqj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/63806377jw1dj42e93vzdj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6956f101jw1dj42urf2ovj.jpg')

i totally wish i could understand chinese. i'm missing out on so much entertainment news. thanks for sharing the news mango_cake; otherwise, i would have never known. btw, what did hu ge share recently about his kiss with ym?

he looks handsome in those recent shots, but i hate guys who wear tight clothes! esp when they are unbutton...eek!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I think FSF is actually pretty good and experienced in filming kissing scenes. One of his fans actually tabulated them all from his projects. LOL I don't remember the exact number, but I heard he kissed over 30 different actresses. Or did they say over 30 different kissing scenes? I don't remember...ugh... He was in 61 projects total, and in some dramas, he had to kiss more than 1 girl, like in Four Women Conflict. I guess 30 different actresses sound right
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-13-11 at 04:06 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

30+ different actresses?! He sure gets around, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i totally wish i could understand chinese. i'm missing out on so much entertainment news. thanks for sharing the news mango_cake; otherwise, i would have never known. btw, what did hu ge share recently about his kiss with ym?
    Please excuse me for going off-topic in FSF's thread! XD

Basically the host asked him about his kiss scenes with LYF, YM, and Jin Sha, and what he found most unforgettable about them.
    For LYF, HG said: "I never kissed her in the series! It was many years ago, my memory is pretty hazy...but I remember she was the one who kissed me." Then he described their closet scene.
    For YM, HG started off by elaborating on the fact that CP3 actually wasn't their first time kissing, they'd actually had kiss scenes way back in Liao Zhai. Then the host said, "Ok we didn't ask you what you filmed, we asked you what was the most unforgettable thing about it?" HG replied: "Having kissed, makes it unforgettable!" Then he goes on to say, they were a bit embarrassed in 2005 filming the Xiao Qian kisses, but there was no embarrassment in CP3 because they got familiar with kissing each other, so for the kiss scenes they were just like 'whatever!' " (Which...I'm assuming he's referring to their 2nd kiss because from previous news it sounds to me like they were still embarrassed for the first one.)
    For Jin Sha, HG said they actually never had any kiss scenes since his characters never liked her characters in their 2 collaborations.

It was a really cute interview from a HG/YM perspective (also from just a HG fan perspective), since it was pretty obvious he is much closer friends with YM than LYF/Jin Sha. (He praised her a lot and didn't have anything bad to say about her, whereas it was clear he is pretty distant from LYF, and Jin Sha he described as "very sweet, but almost too saccharine".) I guess since he is TR's biggest star, they can't stop him from talking about his friendship with YM in public (unlike LSS, sadly). So I do hope he gets bigger influence in TR eventually and maybe manages to lift Karen's ridiculous ban of YM from TR series.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-13-11 at 09:03 PM.

Okay...I knew the ending of Four Women Conflict was crappy...but I couldn't help but want some closure to the Shen Chaozong's character which YZ evidently failed to give us. I wish someone can write a sequel to the story with FengMi in mind...LOL...I'm getting a little wacky in the head...I guess I can just create the story in my head instead...Shen Chaozong as the new warlord general meets someone with YM's personality...

Oh trust me, if you're a bit wacked in the head then I've totally and completely lost my mind. When watching DMXN I nearly screamed every time there was a tiny reference to FengMi (e.g. a totally throwaway line about "xiang gu"), and when I started getting dissatisfied with the romance in the second half I kept thinking to myself, "FSF/8th prince would never have just walked away like that...if this were FSF he would NOT just be standing there...if this were FSF he would be doing so-and-so to protect his girl...damn I wish it were FSF/YM getting married in this scene...hmmm I wonder how FSF would look in a suit, with a gun, beating up the bad guys...does FSF know how gorgeous YM looks in these qipaos??? He should watch it...boy if FSF ever watched this drama he would be so offended/angry/jealous at the actions of YM's love interests..."

Yup, I am certified insane right now. The FengMi virus has progressed from a mild infection to a total takeover of my brain. And I'm a completely willing victim too, loving every minute of it. I've given up on trying to be unbiased in my forum posts or hiding my FengMi love, it's impossible. And by the way, I still haven't made my way through all the amazing material that occurred in March (as well as the bits from Apr and May). I think by the time I finish the megathread I will have to go turn myself in to a psych ward. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    30+ different actresses?! He sure gets around, lol.

Please excuse me for going off-topic in FSF's thread! XD

Basically the host asked him about his kiss scenes with LYF, YM, and Jin Sha, and what he found most unforgettable about them.
    For LYF, HG said: "I never kissed her in the series! It was many years ago, my memory is pretty hazy...but I remember she was the one who kissed me." Then he described their closet scene.
    For YM, HG started off by elaborating on the fact that CP3 actually wasn't their first time kissing, they'd actually had kiss scenes way back in Liao Zhai. Then the host said, "Ok we didn't ask you what you filmed, we asked you what was the most unforgettable thing about it?" HG replied: "Having kissed, makes it unforgettable!" Then he goes on to say, they were a bit embarrassed in 2005 filming the Xiao Qian kisses, but there was no embarrassment in CP3 because they got familiar with kissing each other, so for the kiss scenes they were just like 'whatever!' " (Which...I'm assuming he's referring to their 2nd kiss because from previous news it sounds to me like they were still embarrassed for the first one.)
    For Jin Sha, HG said they actually never had any kiss scenes since his characters never liked her characters in their 2 collaborations.

It was a really cute interview from a HG/YM perspective (also from just a HG fan perspective), since it was pretty obvious he is much closer friends with YM than LYF/Jin Sha. (He praised her a lot and didn't have anything bad to say about her, whereas it was clear he is pretty distant from LYF, and Jin Sha he described as "very sweet, but almost too saccharine".) I guess since he is TR's biggest star, they can't stop him from talking about his friendship with YM in public (unlike LSS, sadly). So I do hope he gets bigger influence in TR eventually and maybe manages to lift Karen's ridiculous ban of YM from TR series.
    wow, thanks. with lyf, what closet scene did he describe?
    i'm glad that hg thinks highly of ym and publicizes it. i really wish they would collaborate in the future. i would love them to be in the new xajh as the leads only on the condition that yu zheng doesn't butcher the story.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Okay...I knew the ending of Four Women Conflict was crappy...but I couldn't help but want some closure to the Shen Chaozong's character which YZ evidently failed to give us.
    It's not just the ending. It's all the melodramatic side plots with Jiang Yu Ping and Xin He - YZ just dwells on them too much. If YZ minimizes the side plots and just leave FSF & Ady onscreen, it would have been so much better. But I guess he needs them in as Four Women Conflict is about women scheming against each other (like ALL his dramas ).

Oh well, I guess women dramas are YZ's. This is the one area which Tangren can't do (e.g. Clothing The World ). IDK why, but TR & YZ are like polar opposites don't you think? TR is at its best when it comes to male-bonding type of dramas (e.g. Young Warriors! Strange Hero! and hopefully BBJX!), whereas YZ excels in women dramas. TR does relatively male-dominated wuxia/war stories, YZ does women scheming stories.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-14-11 at 11:36 AM.

Yeah, if TR and YZ could put their differences aside and collaborate...each contributing what they're best at...the result could actually be pretty amazing. ^_^ (Fat chance of that happening though!)

wow, thanks. with lyf, what closet scene did he describe?
    i'm glad that hg thinks highly of ym and publicizes it. i really wish they would collaborate in the future. i would love them to be in the new xajh as the leads only on the condition that yu zheng doesn't butcher the story.
    I never watched that far into CP1 so I'm not sure. Basically they were hiding in a closet or something and LYF kissed him.
    patricia I've been catching up on the FengMi baidu mega-thread and just got to the point where YM answered some fan questions on her sohu weibo back in February. Thought you'd like this tidbit: a fan asked, "When are you going to collaborate with HG again? Really hope for it!" YM replied: "You guys should go ask him, he's much busier than me, I'm hoping for it too!" (I doubt HG is busier than YM though, seems like it's the other way around...but at least it seems like YM/HG are both up for another collaboration! Now it's just up to those production companies/casting people to make this happen...)

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Okay...I knew the ending of Four Women Conflict was crappy...but I couldn't help but want some closure to the Shen Chaozong's character which YZ evidently failed to give us. I wish someone can write a sequel to the story with FengMi in mind...LOL...I'm getting a little wacky in the head...I guess I can just create the story in my head instead...Shen Chaozong as the new warlord general meets someone with YM's personality...
    Actually I don't want to watch a sequel simply because I hate to see Chaozong falling in love again with somebody else, to me it cheapens Lan Yah and Chaozong's love. The reason why their love story touched me is because FSF was a playboy that once he falls in love he will not love another and remains faithful. I like to think that Lan Yah will always be the only woman he loved. We all knows that he ended up marrying the General's daughter so physically he won't be lonely. I know I am being selfish but I'd rather like to think he only loved Ady.

Yeah, if TR and YZ could put their differences aside and collaborate...each contributing what they're best at...the result could actually be pretty amazing. ^_^ (Fat chance of that happening though!)

I never watched that far into CP1 so I'm not sure. Basically they were hiding in a closet or something and LYF kissed him.
    patricia I've been catching up on the FengMi baidu mega-thread and just got to the point where YM answered some fan questions on her sohu weibo back in February. Thought you'd like this tidbit: a fan asked, "When are you going to collaborate with HG again? Really hope for it!" YM replied: "You guys should go ask him, he's much busier than me, I'm hoping for it too!" (I doubt HG is busier than YM though, seems like it's the other way around...but at least it seems like YM/HG are both up for another collaboration! Now it's just up to those production companies/casting people to make this happen...)

sorry to hijack fsf's thread...but that makes me so sad to know that both of these artists would like to colloborate with each other again but do not have the opportunity to do so. =( to be honest, i wouldn't mind seeing fsf (if hu ge can't be it) as lhc in the xajh remake if ym is ryy. i think he has it in him to do lhc justice, and it would be a great opportunity to show to the world that he can make a decent wuxia hero. gosh, i hope ym can be ryy. =)

Yeah, that's one of my fantasies too! LOL. Honestly they shouldn't see each other as competition. If only they can see how much they complement each other, hahaha!

I did read that FSF was at one time blacklisted for awhile (like YM) during a contractual dispute. Can't believe he already has 61 projects in his portfolio?!! And he's only four years ahead of Hu Ge.

Actually contractual disputes are very common in the industry, not just in Mainland but everywhere (HK, Taiwan, Spore). The problem with Tangren's Karen and YZ is that they have become celebrity producers (a fairly recent phenomena). The Internet/weibo world combined with their naturally flamboyant personalities have only served to bolster their profiles so much that they are as famous as their lead stars. Hence any contractual dispute they have with artistes is magnified several times over.

Back in 2009, Taiwan's Eddie Peng was also frozen for a year without work when he got into a contractual dispute with his previous company “Xin Shi Li”, which took him to court for taking on projects not approved by them, resulting in conflicts with filming schedules for the projects they wanted him to act in.

Yeah, it's such a pity that so many talented actors/actresses get blacklisted all the time and are often at the mercy of their management companies. However, I guess it does make them appreciate things so much more when they pull through it all and finally become successful. It's probably one reason why YM and FSF are two of the hardest workers in the entertainment industry and are so determined.

sorry to hijack fsf's thread...but that makes me so sad to know that both of these artists would like to colloborate with each other again but do not have the opportunity to do so. =( to be honest, i wouldn't mind seeing fsf (if hu ge can't be it) as lhc in the xajh remake if ym is ryy. i think he has it in him to do lhc justice, and it would be a great opportunity to show to the world that he can make a decent wuxia hero. gosh, i hope ym can be ryy. =)
    I agree (although I'm sure lots of people would be up in arms over it). I would've doubted it before but seeing the pics of FSF back in DHTHK convinces me he can definitely do a wuxia hero!

I agree (although I'm sure lots of people would be up in arms over it). I would've doubted it before but seeing the pics of FSF back in DHTHK convinces me he can definitely do a wuxia hero!
    I think most actors/actresses are pretty versatile as long as the costume designers/make-up artists do a good job to convince the audience that their looks fit the roles! Looks are very impressionable! Still have the image of HG's dreadlocks in XYJ -_- stuck in my head.

So I totally have a "thing" for guys who can play pool...and apparently FSF is a pretty good player! So imagine me when I came across these pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6f21df63jw1dj6ghz9bx3j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6f21df63jw1dj6g3qrx0mj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6f21df63jw1dj6fljc4sej.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6f21df63jw1dj6dmvgk9fj.jpg')

Ok, hope no one minds me having another long-winded "FengMi fangirl" moment! :P (Yeesh my FSF/YM posts keep getting longer and longer... x_x) So up to now I've really only been watching interviews with FengMi together, or YM alone. Well I really should've started watching FSF-only interviews earlier because this is where the REAL gems lie!! Without YM beside him to make sure he keeps things in check, FSF reveals a ton more than usual! (He talks about a lot more than just FengMi in these interviews but I just translated the FengMi bits. These are all actually pretty old, from back in March.)

#1) Interview of him during his Hou Gong filming:

FengMi Highlights: After reporters talk about how he openly expresses his positive feelings about YM and compliments her on his weibo etc, and whether he has fallen for her in real life:

FSF: Compliment her? Yeah I do compliment her, I do think she is really wonderful. I'm just speaking my honest feelings from the heart, is there a problem with that? I do very much admire/appreciate her, I don't deny it at all. I think she is a very talented/outstanding girl, whether it's her personality, or her hard-working/professional attitude towards work, or her different aspects of being direct/honest/carefree. These all make me really admire her.

(Let me take a moment here to just swoon...XD)

#2) Interview of him on a talkshow: (It's so cute how he's fidgeting with his hands nervously during the interview ^_^)

FengMi highlights:

After FSF again replies that he and YM are just friends, the host asks him what he thinks about all the rumours about them dating. He replies, "it's a good thing--it means the audience accepts the romance that we created between our characters. As for the other stuff...I can't really say much...Actually I think...I think things are really not that complicated. What should be said, has already been said; what should be expressed, has already been expressed. (The host starts giggling to herself here. ) I think...if everyone still wants to leave room for imagination, no matter what--even if it's just a dream, well having a dream is better than no dream right?"

Ok, so that answer was super long-winded and rather cryptic/confusing...but my interpretation of it is that he's said the whole "just friends" shpeel like he should, but secretly he's encouraging us to use our "imagination" when it comes to FengMi. XD Hehe, my interpretation may be totally off though (I admit I am completely biased! :P).

It is also so cute how he says he used to post whatever he wanted to on his weibo, now he always types up a post, saves it for an hour or two, and thinks about whether he really should post it, lmao... (I wonder how many cute FengMi-related posts got "cut", lol.)

#3) YM on a talkshow, interspersed with an interview they did with FSF on his Hou Gong film set: this one is really cute, YM and TLY appeared together on a talk show but they somehow managed to make it all about FSF/YM anyhow by doing a separate interview with FSF. (I haven't seen the whole show so I hope TLY got a big segment to herself too, since we don't get to see much of her in this snippet.) I bet YM was expecting a break from all the FengMi questioning for once, but instead they still manage to go all-out FengMi even with him absent, lmao!

FengMi highlights: (ok pretty much this whole clip is FengMi heaven! XD)

First FSF gets into the 8th prince character to do an intro greeting for YM: "Qingchuan! I...I time-travelled to the wrong dynasty! I've come to the Ming dynasty! (looks around) Heard you were doing this talkshow today, looks like I won't be able to make it! How about, you have fun there, take care of yourself! Mmm, I'll come see you sometime later!"

Then they do a "familiarity" test between FSF/YM, asking both of them 8 questions--they answer more or less the same for all of them. Even though YM at first quickly says, "actually us two do not have that much familiarity!" (Although some have pretty obvious answers.)

FSF adds in a few more cute little anecdotes about Gong filming (e.g. him giving her medicine and ice packs when she's sick, aww he's so sweet). I loved the part where they replay the QC/8th kiss 3 times (last time in slow-motion) and the audience starts going "whooo" again while YM hides her face in embarrassment.

For the question, "Who would FSF pick as a girlfriend between YM's type and TLY's type?" TLY immediately jumps in: "Do we even need to guess this? What does this have to do with me?!" Then YM directly answers, "Me." (Isn't she confident...though with good reason of course!) FSF: "They're both at the talkshow? You're going to ruin me...forcing me to offend one of them! *awkward silence/fidgeting* They're both great...but their personalities are different..." Then he goes on to say, YM is more open/free-spirited/mischievous, while he never had many scenes with TLY, and he is much more familiar with YM. (Hmm, why does it sound to me like he's implying YM and making excuses for why not TLY... :P And so funny, you can see YM making fun of FSF's nervous "hair flip" gesture to TLY, haha.)

Last question is what they think of the FengMi rumours. YM once again quickly says they are just friends and launches into one of her practiced explanations. FSF also says they are just friends...except then, he goes "at least for now we are just friends since we are too busy with work to be dating...but, I think Xiao Mi (cute nickname for YM)'s personality really is very great, I think a lot of guys would really like her...that type, mm-hmm." (First-hand experience I guess, FSF, eh? YM is also laughing and then smiling all embarrassed at his answer!)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-19-11 at 12:11 AM.