Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shao Feng (冯绍峰)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7d415343tw1dk7ox6ie2ij.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7d415343tw1dk7pang2d1j.jpg')

Thanks swtaznlaydee for doing an AWESOME job as usual with the pic updates!

My first impression when I saw the pics was, "OMG he looks so old!!" (because even though he's in his 30s FSF usually still totally looks like he's in his 20s, but here it looks like he's 40s with that white hair and scruff). But after I had some time to get used to this completely different styling I'm really liking it!

Quote Originally Posted by kinchowong View Post
    i just check on FSF weibo today and he wrote somethings funny.
    冯绍峰:刚到武汉机场,来了两个粉丝,拿着「孤岛惊魂」的海报要我签名。请问,是要我签杨幂吗 。。。

my chinese reading isn't that good so correct me if i am wrong. he said he "just arrive Wuhan airport. two fans holding Mysterious Island poster and ask for his signature. may i ask, is want me to sign Yang Mi's signature..."

ROFL .. this is funny.... all the fengmi fans think YM=FSF vice versa.. so i wonder if YM's fans will bring FSF's movie poster to YM and ask for her signature too? lol..
    Heehee, did you also see the post by one of Hong Men Yan's producers? (Or some kind of HMY big wig anyways.) He reposted FSF's post and added:

HMY producer: 哈哈哈哈哈哈...这两粉丝好可爱,没关系,赶明儿咱们也拿几张《鸿门宴》的海报找杨幂同学签 名...
    (Hahahahahaha...these two fans are so cute, it's ok, wait till later let's also take a few "Hong Men Yan" promo pics and find our fellow friend Yang Mi to autograph...)

THEN, FSF actually replied back in the comments section underneath:

FSF: 对!!!
    (Yes!!!)

(It's kinda hard to find since it's buried amidst 277 comments--which, I actually feel is so little because it's NOTHING compared to the replies to FSF or YM's weibos, which always go into several thousands...and then you have FSF's May 20 "confession of love" weibo to YM which is now at an unbelievable 959662 replies and still growing by the day. I'm sure it has to be some kind of weibo record...)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Actually there was a famous scene in Summer's Bubble where Ou Chen kept wearing the green ribbon Xia Mo gave him. It's like the symbol of Ou Chen's undying love and devotion to Xia Mo, which finally touched her. Maybe FSF is a fan of the novel/TV series and he's wearing it to tell YM that he's extremely devoted to her, LOL.
    Haha that's so cute! (Although as much as I wish it were true, all the attendees at the event were wearing it so yeah there goes that, LOL. I still don't know what it's supposed to symbolize though...)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-16-11 at 06:27 PM.

LOL, don't you think FSF's costume looks like Wallace Huo's bear costume in QSHF? And the long hair + scruff reminds me of Yuan Hong's Yelu Xie and now that turkic prince in Princess Tai Ping.

But wow, LYF is drop-dead gorgeous! Although I don't like it that her ascend was too easy through wealthy connections, I must admit she's one of the few who can make it to the A-list with pure beauty alone.

OMG, THAT'S what it is!!! I saw the costume and thought, "this looks strangely familiar..." but I never made the connection to Wallace's QSHF costume. Lmao...and yes definitely some similarities to YH's new styling too. Is this the "it" look for costume designers in China these days? Haha...

I agree LYF looks fantastic in all the pics, except for the one on the top of this page...where she actually looks kinda plain. (Well, as plain as LYF can look. Lol. Sheesh these actresses, even on a bad day they look way better than us normal folks...) Don't know if it's the lack of eye makeup (making her eyes look even flatter than usual) or maybe just bad lighting? I do really like the hair pieces and costumes too though--among all the ancient chinese clothing, Warring States/Han period costuming was the loveliest IMO.

Another still: (similar to a previous one but at a slightly different angle/pose) After initially thinking that LSS looked a bit like LYF a few years back I didn't really find them all that similar after watching more series of them, but at this angle I definitely see the similarity again! Lol...it reminds me of Long Kui's sad look with her hair down in CP3.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/nq73bl.jpg')

(P.S. Guess how long it took the FengMi fans to photoshop YM's face into where LYF's is? Heehee...I just knew it was coming once those movie stills came out! ^_^)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-16-11 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    OMG, THAT'S what it is!!! I saw the costume and thought, "this looks strangely familiar..." but I never made the connection to Wallace's QSHF costume. Lmao...and yes definitely some similarities to YH's new styling too. Is this the "it" look for costume designers in China these days? Haha...
    Yeah, I notice that too! FSF is playing Xiang Yu in White Vengeance - I think he was a Chu military general fighting against the Qin. After the Qin fell, he formed an alliance with Liu Bang (played by Leon Lai) known as the Chu–Han contention. However, after a long power struggle in this alliance, he was eventually defeated and committed suicide at the bank of the Wu River. Liu Bang went on to found the Han Dynasty.

LYF will be playing Xiang Yu's concubine, Yu Ji. This movie promises a great romance (FSF excels in acting romantic, LOL). The moment Yu Ji commits suicide to follow Xiang Yu is going to be the most romantic element of their relationship, although LYF also revealed in a recent interview that the way they meet and fall in love will also be very romantic.

Here are the various ethnic military soldier looks

Feng Shao Feng...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/63239946jw1dk7zgk0z9xj.jpg')

Yuan Hong...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2a9uon5.jpg')

Peter Ho...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/ezlwtx.jpg')

Hu Ge...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2dt6ukh.jpg')

Lin Gengxin...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/62df08bbjw1dk1v9jtclyj.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-17-11 at 02:48 AM.

Haha that's so cute! (Although as much as I wish it were true, all the attendees at the event were wearing it so yeah there goes that, LOL. I still don't know what it's supposed to symbolize though...)
    I'm really convinced that the green cloth tied around FSF's hand is a reference to the green lace that Ou Chen gave to Xia Mo in Summer's Bubble. Xia Mo threw back at him shortly before his major car accident. It has a really important symbolic role in the book, and is meant to be beautiful and flowing gracefully in the wind. As Ou Chen struggled with his amnesia and the new life imposed on him, this green cloth is the lingering symbol of his enduring love for Xia Mo which crosses beyond the amnesia. This green cloth symbol has become very famous in Chinese online culture (Summer's Bubble was a very popular Internet novel).

I just think it's a secret message for his YM to remember him while she's filming with other male co-stars (e.g. that LUX mini-movie with YH which is also about a boyfriend who loses his memory after a car accident? LOL).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/667766f9gw1dkcbxmk1tfj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm really convinced that the green cloth tied around FSF's hand is a reference to the green lace that Ou Chen gave to Xia Mo in Summer's Bubble. Xia Mo threw back at him shortly before his major car accident. It has a really important symbolic role in the book, and is meant to be beautiful and flowing gracefully in the wind. As Ou Chen struggled with his amnesia and the new life imposed on him, this green cloth is the lingering symbol of his enduring love for Xia Mo which crosses beyond the amnesia. This green cloth symbol has become very famous in Chinese online culture (Summer's Bubble was a very popular Internet novel).

I just think it's a secret message for his YM to remember him while she's filming with other male co-stars (e.g. that LUX mini-movie with YH which is also about a boyfriend who loses his memory after a car accident? LOL).
    Aww, that sounds really sweet (I never watched Summer's Bubble)...but, unfortunately after seeing photos of the other guests it seemed like it was something the event organizers made everyone wear--I think it's supposed to symbolize something but not sure what. However, I do like to think FengMi do have secret messages for each other. ^_^ Just nothing obvious...

So, some more fangirling due to a cute interview FSF did recently. He just became the spokesperson for Tissot (a Swiss watch company) and attended a promo event:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/7aa96f79gw1dk9utw765ej.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2lufehv.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/14ieu0w.jpg')

Now you know what is super suspicious?? Remember the two "QiXi" weibo posts YM/FSF made, that I posted about in the Gong thread? Well...both of them are now in total denial mode with the media! Reporters asked them about it separately (YM at her Ruyi press conference interview, FSF at his Tissot promo event), but YM said she can't remember posting it (oh come on YM, it was less than 2 weeks ago!) and FSF also said "I don't think so, I only posted about spending QiXi with Raymond Lam..." Then after repeated questioning from the reporter FSF says, "Yeah it was for my fans...who always love and support me." (Hmm, using his good friend and even his fans as a cover-up FSF? Wonder who you learned that trick from... ). The reporters even burst out laughing and couldn't stop the giggles because they so knew he was purposefully avoiding the question! XD

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/78616bb4gw1dkd6cutop1j.jpg')

And the rest of the interview is just as cute: link here

FengMi highlights:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/78616bb4tw1dka34q7tjpj.jpg')

Aww, just look at his cute smiles whenever he's talking about YM. First he gets SUPER excited about HP2, then says: "I have scenes with everyone, a lot of scenes with Yang Mi...*smiling dazedly*...and...Chen Kun." (Sure took him long enough to remember Chen Kun! XD)

Then he gets all happily embarrassed when asked to describe their relationship in MingYun ("it's just...a very pure love...between university students...I think..." *laughs cutely*). Good lord, FSF will it kill you to put on a straight face and just answer professionally when it comes to these YM-related questions?? XD He looks like a shy high-schooler talking about his crush, not an experienced actor who's been interviewed for years.

Previously in the Ruyi press conference, YM said she only had familiarity and chemistry with FSF onscreen, not offscreen. So the reporters ask: "A few days ago YM said you guys are only suitable to be a couple onscreen (FSF starts nodding repeatedly in agreement), were you sad when you heard this?"

FSF: *laughs* "Aiya, me and her...this is a point which we very much agree on! Even including directors--when they see us, they say 'I think you two are indeed this way--except when you're reciting the onscreen dialogue, whenever you guys talk about other stuff you will start to argue/discuss after a bit. But I think, Shaofeng, Yang Mi is really good to you and you to her, the two of you are really very considerate towards each other/always thinking for the other's sake.' "

LOL. This is hilarious, first he seemingly agrees with YM that yes, they are only good work-buddies onscreen...then he goes on to say that even the directors noticed how great they are towards each other off-screen. I don't get it FSF, are you trying to prove YM's point or disprove it?? And notice that he never actually states that they are only suitable onscreen, like YM had said. Sneaky guy...I can just imagine YM watching this and thinking, "Yes, yes, that's right, good job, finally he's going along with my perfectly planned out response...wait a minute, what did he just say?! NO, FSF, what are you doing, why did you add in that last part?? Totally unnecessary! Take that back! Argh... *facepalm* "

Anyways after that the reporter asks for clarification: "So the director said you guys often argue?" FSF: "No not argue, I never argue with her! We just have discussions, about our different opinions." (LMAO...yes we know FSF, you already mentioned before that whenever you two start bickering you're always the one to play nice and pacify her. I also find it funny that he doesn't say, "we never argue", he says "I never argue with her." Oh dear, YM totally has him wrapped around her finger...)

And finally the reporters ask if he will get annoyed by them repeatedly asking FengMi-related questions, FSF quickly says, "No no, because we are good friends--the kind that is forever." Is it just me, or does he really like to use the phrase "forever" when it comes to YM? (e.g. in an early weibo post he said that no matter what, he will forever support her.) He continues, "and we are also very good work costars, we've been through a lot of things together, from the start of Gong filming it's been a year that we've passed together, so I won't mind these questions." Awwww. And I believe it too--he never seems annoyed about the questions even one bit.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-22-11 at 01:34 AM.

Lmao...fsf is such a puppy who loves his master to death. Always wagging his tail when sees her and is so loyal to her. Too bad he is a disobedient one and doesn't follow her commands.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Heehee, I know right...he keeps finding "underhanded" methods of giving us new awesome FengMi material, while outwardly seeming to go along with everything YM says. I can so see YM scolding him afterwards, then him doing his innocent face and saying "Huh? What did I say? Didn't I agree with everything you said? *wink*" (Not that he seems to even mind being scolded of course...since he apparently just finds it "sweet". ) And I bet YM can't be too mad at him--I mean, how can she resist that cute smile and all those sweet things he does for her/says about her?

It's funny that in her RuYi interview, YM crushed the hopes of some shippers by saying "We have totally different views, we don't agree on anything offscreen." And then FSF semi-agrees with her but "softens" the blow by putting it in a positive light--saying that they often have "discussions" about differing opinions (which is needed in any healthy relationship!) but being adamant they don't actually argue at all. (Good-natured teasing/bickering seems to be the usual for them though, of course! ^_^)

I also think it's nice of them to stick up for each other in interviews. What's sad is, unfortunately some FSF-only fans hate YM because they feel that FSF has totally fallen for YM but YM keeps giving him the cold shoulder (guess they don't want their favourite actor's heart to get broken...I just want to tell them not to worry! ^_^). And likewise, some YM-only fans hate FSF because they feel like he's just "using" her to get more popular/famous (since he's always the one leaking FengMi stuff uncontrollably while YM is constantly refuting the rumours, and because YM was more famous than FSF prior to Gong airing).

So, in several interviews YM has gone on record to refute the "FSF is using her to get more famous" rumours. And likewise, FSF has said several times (like in this interview) that YM is really very good to him. (Unfortunately, it isn't enough to change the minds of some fans...others, happily, do seem to come around. Oh well, I will just patiently wait for the day when they stop denying it, I bet all their individual fans will also become FengMi supporters then! ) And of course, they are always so supportive of each others' work, too. It's just so endearing to see...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-21-11 at 11:32 PM.

...I can just imagine YM watching this and thinking, "Yes, yes, that's right, good job, finally he's going along with my perfectly planned out response...wait a minute, what did he just say?! NO, FSF, what are you doing, why did you add in that last part?? Totally unnecessary! Take that back! Argh... *facepalm* "
    LOL.. you have very good imagination..

Ah I seem to be neglecting FSF's thread lately! So how about a lighthearted post?

This is funny: so tonight FSF will be attending the "Hua Biao" awards event and presenting an award with both Yang Mi and Liu Yifei. Some people have been worrying about how awkward it will be for him tonight since he can't afford to "offend" either girl or their fans! Rather mean of the event organizers to do this to the poor guy--he's probably getting a sleepless night worrying about how best to keep everything fair, not leak out too many emotions, and remain neutral during the whole thing (and *cough* maybe resist the urge to hold YM's hand *cough*). Otherwise the media are sure to make up some crazy stories based on the teeniest little moment! (e.g. "FSF gives LYF the cold shoulder", "FSF ditches YM for LYF", "YM gets jealous", "LYF becomes the 3rd wheel in the FengMi romance"...I can already imagine the headlines certain awful tabloids are sure to think up! They already tried this numerous times before when the three of them didn't show up together...)

So, the fans' suggestion: "Keep eyes straight ahead. Do not look left or right, keep your eyesight in a directly straight line, to prevent anyone from accusing you of "secretly peeking" at one of them. Keep a polite smile fixed on the face. Best to use an angle-measuring device; this way it'll prevent anyone from accusing you of "ignoring" one of them (if your back is slightly towards them). Doesn't matter how many beautiful girls are beside you, stay calm, stay professional, hold it all in! Hands? Hmm, best to keep them in your pocket." Not bad advice, I'd say!

Funny interview with Du Chun:

This is kinda a continuation of Du Chun's interview mentioned in YM's thread (he's one of YM, FSF, as well as Ady's good mutual friends). The reporters asked him his opinion on FSF and YM. On FSF: the reporters say he seems to be a very shy/quiet gentlemanly guy. Du Chun goes, "you're wrong! Actually he is a very open/warm/straightforward/direct person, if he likes he likes, if he doesn't like he doesn't like; for example if there is a person that he REALLY likes sitting here, and I'm sitting beside her, FSF for sure will squeeze right between us and directly use his butt to keep pushing me off this chair, telling me to 'go sit over there, I'll sit beside her.'"

ROFL at this mental image...(Dude if this is the way he acts no wonder all of YM + FSF mutual male friends seem terrified of being even slightly linked with YM . )

In talking about YM, Du Chun gives an anecdote about how YM "insults" him (over his outfit once). Then he laughs and adds that his situation is actually not that bad--FSF who collaborated with YM so much gets "bullied/insulted" way worse. (And we all know the more familiar YM is with her friends, the more she likes to joke around with them. XD)

YM/FSF holding-hands gif from LeTV awards:

Just thought I'd share because it's cute and the caption is hilarious (and I've already spent too much time gushing about the LeTV awards in YM's thread!):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2nixt7t.gif')

Caption: "Wifey, let's go!"
    (YM is supposed to be the one saying it, btw. As you can see she pats FSF's arm before they get up...It also references a post on their weibos--YM posted a pic of them together at the MingYun conference in May, FSF replied teasingly: "She says I'm her 'wife'!"
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-28-11 at 12:58 AM.

his fans provided him with great advice! how come none of the news media in on board with fei mi? as in fsf becomes the third wheel of this romance? it's great to know that fsf is a go getter when it comes to relationships. i still don't know who du chun is. i guess i have to google him.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    his fans provided him with great advice! how come none of the news media in on board with fei mi? as in fsf becomes the third wheel of this romance? it's great to know that fsf is a go getter when it comes to relationships. i still don't know who du chun is. i guess i have to google him.
    LOL. Oh trust me, "FSF is the third wheel with Fei-Mi" is a very popular theme amongst fans on the Baidu forums! However the media don't seem on board with it, probably for several reasons: a "rivalry/jealousy" story between two popular actresses seems to be a favourite of the tabloids , "FengMi" is a much more popular ship than FeiMi or FengFei so they get the most "views" if they either support it (by going the LYF = 3rd wheel route) or bash it (by going the "FSF ditches YM for LYF" route), and lastly the Chinese media in general is still not very open to same-sex relationships, so I feel like you hardly see any of those type of stories--even if it's just in a good-natured, joking type of way.

haha...i just saw your editted post. so fsf is the wife and the uncle? how many other things does he refer to himself as in relation to ym? it's so funny how naturally ym pats his arm and he immediately responds in a knee jerk reaction by holding her hand.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    haha...i just saw your editted post. so fsf is the wife and the uncle? how many other things does he refer to himself as in relation to ym? it's so funny how naturally ym pats his arm and he immediately responds in a knee jerk reaction by holding her hand.
    Well she also refers to him as "Feng Ge" i.e. "older brother Feng" (note that in Chinese, when a girl/guy call each other brother/sister it doesn't necessary mean platonic relationship, it can go either way--e.g. many fictional couples call each other this too, for example in LOCH Huang Rong always calls Guo Jing "Jing Ge Ge" i.e. "older brother Jing").

As for the uncle thing, FSF reveals how this came about in his talkshow interview: apparently YM's dad, who is very friendly with him, once told FSF to call him "Yang Ge" (i.e. "older brother Yang"). Then FSF asked YM: "What does that mean??!! Then I'm your 'uncle Feng'?!" Yang Mi replied: "He means you have no chance with me!" And I guess that's been one of their "inside jokes" since then.

Some recent magazine scans of FSF:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2whjl1k.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/eaigcw.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/m9snkg.jpg')

Very gossipy/fangirling post ahead! XD

More details on the phone call to Yang Mi while FSF appeared on his talkshow: (mentioned in YM's thread)

Since the YM phone call was leaked by the fans, I won't translate the whole thing till it's officially broadcast (also it's hard to hear a lot of stuff in the low-quality fan-recorded vid). I wonder if YM realized her phone call was public--she seemed to only be able to hear the host (didn't even seem to be able to hear FSF), so I wonder if the host gave her the impression it was just a "private" interview, lol!

Hilariously, FSF takes a sip of water at the very start of the phone call and then starts coughing loudly. Funnily enough, when they called FSF back in March while YM was at the awards show (where he thought it was a private call), YM starts the call by clearing her throat/coughing several times. I wonder if they are trying to signal to each other to be careful! Unfortunately (well fortunately for us!) if that's the case it failed both times. FSF clearly didn't pick up on it last time (he asked YM "what's wrong?" when she started coughing) and this time Yang Mi couldn't hear him--when the host asks, "FSF what's going on? Stop interrupting our phone call!" Yang Mi asks, "What's going on with FSF?" And then the host quickly goes, "Nothing nothing!" (Definitely sounds like she couldn't hear him coughing. )

Anyways, apart from what I previously mentioned about YM saying her mom already got FSF's phone number and calls him up, there are a few other cute bits: (my comments in square brackets)

Host: FSF said you guys will never work out and can never be a couple, what do you think?
    YM: Well whatever he says, it is, I guess!
    Host: Don't be unhappy! [that FSF said they can't be a couple]
    YM: No no...I'll listen to him, whatever he says, it is!
    Host: I just asked him a sensitive question--I think actors are really impressive, e.g. during the romantic scenes, after the director yells "cut!", can you quickly return to your usual lives, and absolutely not fall in love with the other person?
    YM: Mmmm...I think...at least, while filming the romantic scenes, when you look into each other's eyes, I believe my character is truly in love with his character. [Sounds like she's avoiding the question...]
    Host: And THEN??? [Pushing for more...XD]
    YM: *very long silence*
    YM: Heheheheheh... [All I can say is, it's a very suspicious laugh!)
    YM: How did FSF reply??
    Host: Him? I forgot what he said...
    (They then drop this topic and move onto other questions)

This was the cutest part, but YM does talk about FSF a lot more too! It's so funny, I feel like YM is really trying to keep her story consistent with whatever FSF said (because there have been lots of discrepancies between their 2 separate stories in the past which make people suspicious!).

(FSF also seems nervous while she's on the phone...he's taking drinks of water, tapping his feet, fixing his shoelaces, adjusting his glasses, and other fidgeting movements LOL.)

Moving this over from YM's thread, since it's more FSF-related than YM-related, so I felt bad about cluttering up her thread with it: (ignore if already read; my long post about FSF outright refuting the FengMi rumours for the first time in his interview)

mango_cake: FSF said a whole slew of things refuting that he and YM are dating, even flat-out saying they are not suitable for each other, and of course the usual "just friends" stuff.
    patricia_n: Wow...i don't remember fsf ever refuting anything about them datng. He's always been sneaky to leak things that add on to our suspicion.
    I didn't really want to post too much info about this talkshow appearance yet since it's still unaired and all the info we have is "leaked" by fans who went. However I feel like I should sort of explain a bit more and "defend" FSF because it's easy to get the wrong impression about how he went about refuting the rumours based on the little bit I posted before. Long explanation ahead so non-FengMi shippers ignore...(I am probably going to come off as even crazier than before but I feel the need to explain this now. )

First keep in mind we have no video--lots of times YM sounds so harsh when an article comes out about her refuting the rumours but then you watch the actual video and her body language is all kinds of embarrassed/cute which gives it away. Also, from what I gather the host was hell-bent on forcing him to admit things (even pulling up some pretty damning weibo evidence), to the point where if FSF didn't outright refute the rumours, it would be pretty much equivalent to admitting it. (I don't think any interviewer was this determined to force the truth from him before! Usually he can give a half-answer and gloss over things...this time I think he was put in a pretty awkward position.) Even the way he refuted the rumours was quite favourable to Yang Mi and humiliating for him--basically he admits that he has (or had) feelings for her (apparently even saying he was a "FengMi shipper" too), but it was all his problem for confusing onscreen filming for real-life, and over time he came to the conclusion they are more suitable as friends. Would any guy actually outright admit that he has feelings for a girl but failed in "chasing" her? Much less on national television! He is even careful not to put YM in a bad light by not saying she rejected him, but rather making it seem like YM was right all along that they are better off as "just friends" and it was all his fault for not being able to differentiate filming vs real life. (Contrast this with Yang Mi who at one point even directly said "FSF is not the type of guy I like.") Do you know any actor or public figure willing to pretty much dump his pride and reputation down the drain like that?? It was already bad before when some people made fun of him for crushing on YM single-sidedly while she rejected him, now he is pretty much playing right into that impression (can you imagine the field day certain reporters will have with this admission once this video comes out), all in an effort to "protect" YM's reputation (because otherwise there are sure to be articles accusing YM of being "cold" and mean).

Finally, what he says may seem believable on first glance but it is clear it's a total lie to people who have followed FengMi. First of all, his excuse that he cannot differentiate between filming and real-life is ridiculous. Hello, he's been acting for 10+ years. Also, this answer was in reply to the host asking him about his May 20 weibo post (where he publicly declared "520" to YM--and btw which guy would do that unless he was already dating the girl?). In May! At that point it'd already been 8 months since Gong finished filming, 5 months since HFCQ, granted just a month after MingYun...but really, he still thinks filming = real life after almost a year? And despite working on other non-YM-related projects in the middle of it all? At that time FSF was in the middle of filming Hong Men Yan with LYF and getting immersed into that character/story, yet we're supposed to believe he's still not out-of-character yet from his previous roles? And if he later decided they were better off as friends, how does he explain his recent actions and much later weibo post on Aug. 06? (Actually, the host asked about that too and he glossed over it with a different excuse than he used with reporters last time--this time it was even more clearly a blatant lie.) There are more gaping holes in his "cover-up" but I've ranted on way more than I planned to already...

i have to ask, did fsf buy himself that pair of black boots that he has been wearing to every major function? or was it a special gift from a certain someone?

Well she also refers to him as "Feng Ge" i.e. "older brother Feng" (note that in Chinese, when a girl/guy call each other brother/sister it doesn't necessary mean platonic relationship, it can go either way--e.g. many fictional couples call each other this too, for example in LOCH Huang Rong always calls Guo Jing "Jing Ge Ge" i.e. "older brother Jing").

As for the uncle thing, FSF reveals how this came about in his talkshow interview: apparently YM's dad, who is very friendly with him, once told FSF to call him "Yang Ge" (i.e. "older brother Yang"). Then FSF asked YM: "What does that mean??!! Then I'm your 'uncle Feng'?!" Yang Mi replied: "He means you have no chance with me!" And I guess that's been one of their "inside jokes" since then.
    I just want to add that YM and her parents don't share the typical parents/child relationship. She never calls her parents mom/dad or her grandparents grandma/grandpa but by their names as if they're from the same generation. She mentioned this fact twice already, once Happy Camp and second on the same talk show that FSF just went on. So, if FSF called YM's dad "Uncle Yang," then he would place himself as YM's "nephew." ROFL.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 09-02-11 at 10:03 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...