Ron Ng
    Kate Tsui
    Lau Siu-ming
    Toby Leung
    Him Law
    Benz Hui
    Chow Chung
    Florence Kwok

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wargames2u.net/IMAGES/wax.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tGVbTMUFjY8/TeRpZVgfb4I/AAAAAAAABAQ/dILRLJkddbM/s1600/wax+and+wane+%2528TVB%2529.jpg')

Hello,is anyone here watching this drama ?

is this drama better than Ghetto Justice and Colourful World of Sister Fa ?

thanks
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-03-11 at 03:47 AM. Reason: 五味人生

this series is ok if you like dramas. LOL sister fa is like the worst series this year by FAR

Wax and Wane reminds me of Moonlight Resonance but with noodles instead of mooncakes.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Wax and Wane reminds me of Moonlight Resonance but with noodles instead of mooncakes.
    I think WAW is less silly but MR was more suspenseful. I haved watched up to 5 eps now but still no adrenaline rush. I think WAW has potential but the plot is taking some time to come out.

Rught now, i really like Roger. I think he si going to marry for money!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I actually really didn't like MR at all - but couldn't help myself and watched the whole thing unfold. I might have described it as as hot mess once or twice with all the drama and crying. <shudder>

I think Roger is the most sane and realistic character on the whole show. Sonny and Toby make way too many outbursts for fully grown adult people. Cannot rely on Ron to work on any project seriously - I just finished ep 4 so I don't know how I feel about Kate Tsui yet.

My bf watched part of one episode with me and asked if this was remake of Threshold of an Era but with Roger and Sonny playing backwards parts. LOL

this series is getting better with Roger as the most outstanding one. the veterans are also just great. kate acting is pretty useless in my opinion can't stand her really

a little island east of america and west of europe

Looking forward to this - Sunny and Roger back together again... it's like 'At the Threshold of an Era', but 11 years on and without the very annoying Gallen. All I need now is Louis back (will never happen) and I'd be a super happy bunny!!!

Okay! I just watched the preview for eps 16-20 and gosh, I hate Ron's character!

Does TVB have something against Ron that they confine to such stereotypic immature and irresponsible characters? I hope Ron and Kate never get together in the end (of knowing TVB's happy endings, I know that a reunion is most likely). Gosh! Feel so sorry for Roger's Eugene!

I have got to hand it to Lau Siu Ming for making such an irritating character come to life! All the women in my family hate Yung Sing Fun to the core! It is Heaven's mercy that he has a son like Eugene!

Sunny is okay too after the initial eruption phase. Much more likeable when he tones down.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Ron, Roger, Sunny!

Roger - Best actor and my favorite character of the series! He looks very charming in his winter jackets, btw!

Ron - Still boring. I wish Kate ended up with Roger.

Sunny - Too loud and kinda boring to watch. Besides War and Destiny, I've never liked any of the characters Sunny portrayed. I think he lucked out in WAD too.

Kate - Surprisingly, 2011 is the year I'm finally opening up to this actress. I loved her character very much, how she opened up Roger's heart and he became a more approachable person who knows how to TRUST people!! Could still improve on acting, but she was my favorite female here!

Florence - Ugh, she use to be so pretty and elegant. I can't imagine her as a 'see lai.' Didn't think she and Sunny matched either.

Toby - Started to like her more in the latter episodes, but seriously, in the beginning, she has to learn how to grow up with all that excessive eating.

Him - Not necessarily his best performance, but not his fault either. He was kinda annoying to watch because of his character.

Oscar - The other very minor character that I loved! He was very funny!

Derek - I wish he had more scenes. The final scene of him realizing that he lost all his money was very good. Lol, his legs were trembling!

Claire - Meh, don't really like the actress, but she was okay.

Lau Siu Ming - Annoying veteran actor with his voice, and the cause of the whole family mess which could've been settled years ago.

Chow Chung - Looks too old to be Kate's father, lol.

Overall, W&W wasn't a bad series, but 30 episodes is a bit too long. Maybe 20-25 would have been good enough. I don't mind them taking out less important characters like Him, Toby, Florence. They were boring...

I am on ep 26 now and my blood really boils when I see that Wang Hung scheming everyone against Eugene!! Aargh glad to know it ends at ep 30 so only 4 more epi to go coz I know all sure end well in the end.