Thread: Missing the old days

Default Missing the old days

Oh the nostalgia.... The old days of where so many members posted ever so frequently... Especially the lively wuxia forums.... A post every minute or less it seemed... When the wuxia rpgs were on... The discussions etc... Friendships were forged, laughters were shared... Days of my adolescent rage... Haha, seeing the old posts, the old pms... Wondering how fast the days have gone, where are they now?
    Good times through the thick and thin, nowadays struggling to type msges through my ipad, remembering the near forgotten happiness of old times... The angry outbursts of random nothingness.
    Still i see some have remained while others have disappeared, what joyful days were those i shall never forget
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

I miss those days too. Not so much SPCNET but other forums. I remember coming home from school and logging in to post threads/replies, instant messaging... Ah. Now those forums are completely dead or near dead. And now when I sign in to AIM nobody is on. Sad.

Long time didn't see you have. Where have you gone to? Old memories brought you back?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

when i first joined spcnet, it was the wuxia forum which attracted. For every question I post, there is always a reply. nowadays, i hardly watch any more jy-related wuxia. moreover, many topics which I am interested were already discussed. Appreciate ken and pj's efforts in the wuxia forum. but without others' contricutions/interest, the wuxia forum is quite dead.

When someone has been feeding you for years and years, and all you do is complain about the cooking, is it any wonder that eventually, that someone will stop wanting to cook for you?

Well, it's the middle of summer, school's out, and ppl are on vacation. It's always a slow time on the forum.

This forum is 10 years old now. There are great members in the community now, just as when it started.

I do miss some past inhabitants of the forum who eloquently informed us their awesome knowledge of wuxia.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Long time didn't see you have. Where have you gone to? Old memories brought you back?
    Haha yeah kidd it has been a long time how have you been doing?, time passed by quickly... Changes, life in uni and in hk... Other interests and priorities.
    Haha been having sleepless nights here in China, have been here for 6 months now. Good old memories indeed brought me back, good to see everything is still going great. Just missing the community we had when young TommyH started those wuxia rpgs, and the days where wuxia interest were sky high.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    when i first joined spcnet, it was the wuxia forum which attracted. For every question I post, there is always a reply. nowadays, i hardly watch any more jy-related wuxia. moreover, many topics which I am interested were already discussed. Appreciate ken and pj's efforts in the wuxia forum. but without others' contricutions/interest, the wuxia forum is quite dead.
    Haha yeah those days were great, so many people were posting on the wuxia forums, with many polls and endless theories and debates.... Exciting times. I guess a jar of what that is continuously poured and poured without anything new refilling it will eventually run out.... Or like a well, it will eventually go dry.
    Nothing new on wuxia these years... It's basically always the good old jin yong and gu long novels still that sparks a tiny bit of interest.

Eh, people come and go on forums. Plus if you have formed friendships with people from forums, I'd assume by now you'd have alternative contacts with them anyway.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I had my first real 6 string,
    Bought it at a 5 and dime.
    Played it til my fingers bled,
    Was the summer of '69.

Me and some guys from school,
    Had a Band and we tried real hard.
    Jimmy quit and Jody got married
    I shoulda known we'd never get far

Oh when I look back now,
    Those summers seemed to last forever
    And if I had the choice
    I'd always wanna be there
    Those were the best days of my life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a friend was a big baseball player
    back in high school
    He could throw that speedball by you
    Make you look like a fool boy
    Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
    I was walking in, he was walking out
    We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
    but all he kept talking about was

Glory days well they'll pass you by
    Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
    Glory days, glory days
    Last edited by Dirt; 06-22-11 at 05:15 PM.