Thread: two older series from video store (LA county residents ONLY)

Default two older series from video store (LA county residents ONLY)

The elderly(maybe 50s-60s) lady have two Singaporean series: one modern and one ancient. But both of them are dubbed in cantonese.

Modern: My mom rented it. Couldn't remember the english title, but do remember the themesong. It goes like this: 'Chong Lai Qi Kuo, Gu Rong Qi Huo, Zhi Bu Zhi Dao Ren Sheng Wo' (sorry if I mistaken you guys, but couldn't remember some lyrics). Or maybe like this: 'Ren Sheng Guo Lai, Ku Dan Ji Mo'. I remember a little bit of a Chinese meaning that says 'people on travel' or 'people on vacation trip'. If either of them is not helpful enough, I saw the first episode, and the couple (probably drunk, i think) was about to make love when the wine (i think, or some alcohol liquid) and the fire casued the storage room to burn in the hotel.

Ancient: The english title with the english subtitles is 'Men of Vigour' if I remember corretly. My mom rented it by mistake when buying the modern series. so i got a chance to see this, but too bad I only watched few episodes and my mom returned it. By the way, it's a good series.

If you want to know where it's at, here's the address:

Don't remember the number, but I know somewhere around W. Valley Bl. between Fremont av. and Garfield av. Maybe the suite building has one or two levels. And the map:

F |
    r | --> The "X" spot is somewhere <--
    e | ________________________________________ G
    m| a
    o | r A
    n | W. Valley bl. f v
    t | i
    | _________________________________________ e
    a | l
    v | d
    Last edited by teenman; 08-10-03 at 04:13 PM.