Thread: Lives of Omission 《潛行狙擊》

Default Lives of Omission 《潛行狙擊》

Cast: Michael Tse, Bosco Wong, Damian Lau, Fala Chen, Kate Tsui, Mandy Wong, Elena Kong, Derek Kwok

Episodes: 30

Genre: Modern Action

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vrg0xBEdb0

Airing: August 1, 2011 - September 9, 2011
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-03-11 at 02:50 AM.
    Favorite shows: E.U., Rosy Business
    Favorite actor: Ron Ng, Wayne Lai
    Favorite actress: Tavia Yeung

Laughing Gor!

This show rocks so far! Crossing censor lines with the likes I have not seen since the early 90s.

Without revealing too much, Bosco is scene stealer!

Wonderful series!! Wish I could upload it on YouTube

Lives of Omissions is a spinoff The Academy Series, but even better. It's a sprinkle of Infernal Affairs police undercover procedural with heavy doses of triad wars + bromances - a potent combo!!!

best series this year so far
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    This show rocks so far! Crossing censor lines with the likes I have not seen since the early 90s.

Without revealing too much, Bosco is scene stealer!
    Bai Co Gor!! What a presence!

I like the twins who play Fo Lung and Siu Kit. Acting not bad. Can see some rawness, but, still a decent portrayal. I see potential in them. Their acting are natural than the actor who play Damien's son.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/7e68e6b6gw1dl6vvo9oduj.jpg')

OMG! Bosco Wong looks ridiculous with the mustache and the hairdo he's got, at least on the poster it looks ridiculous.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    OMG! Bosco Wong looks ridiculous with the mustache and the hairdo he's got, at least on the poster it looks ridiculous.
    I thik so too but when you actually see him in action, he did pretty well in getting into a gangster character.

Despite his role in LOO, Bosco is still an innocent goody-two-shoes to me!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Bosco is not a good villain but it was a good attempt. If anything he should be the right hand man of the main villain. Not the muscular and always mad kind. More of the calm and smart guy.

Overall the series was good. It felt like it got sloppy near the end The trailer/promo of it looks so much better though. I was hoping it would look something like this. The series would have been excellent if it was anything like the trailer.

Overall I enjoyed LOO very much. And Bosco's protrayal of Michael / Bi Co left a very good impression with the audience. It wasn't perfect, but it was refreshing. I guess the storyline was geared more towards there is no real villian. Bosco was a gangster but he wasn't willing to betray his brothers in the gang, which Michael did without a second thought. Michael seduced Ding Wen and basically lied to her throughout. So who was really the bad guys, the cops or the gangsters?

Wished the story would have spent more time developing the bromance between Michael and Bosco. It would have been a more interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Overall I enjoyed LOO very much. And Bosco's protrayal of Michael / Bi Co left a very good impression with the audience. It wasn't perfect, but it was refreshing. I guess the storyline was geared more towards there is no real villian. Bosco was a gangster but he wasn't willing to betray his brothers in the gang, which Michael did without a second thought. Michael seduced Ding Wen and basically lied to her throughout. So who was really the bad guys, the cops or the gangsters?

Wished the story would have spent more time developing the bromance between Michael and Bosco. It would have been a more interesting story.
    Really? Bosco betrayed everyone. At one point he was some kind of triple traitor, simlutaneously working for Michael, Spicy Ginger and the dude who crippled his leg. Later he betrays Lit Gor and gets him killed. Also killed one of the uncles. He also lied to Michael repeatedly. Michael betrayed em cus it's part of his job.

I think Bosco did a great job for the amount of development they allowed the character. It was as if they TVB writers struggled between making him teen idol (don't make him do evil things and damage his image, make Spicy Ginger do the crazy stuff) and making him the lead villain (we have to give him equal billing to Laughing).

Quote Originally Posted by devilz91 View Post
    Really? Bosco betrayed everyone. At one point he was some kind of triple traitor, simlutaneously working for Michael, Spicy Ginger and the dude who crippled his leg. Later he betrays Lit Gor and gets him killed. Also killed one of the uncles. He also lied to Michael repeatedly. Michael betrayed em cus it's part of his job.
    Well, Bosco refused, adamantly, to be Michael's informant in the beginning. It was only after his so called "tai lo" sold him out, that he plotted with/used Michael to go up in the organization and get his revenge. Michael betraying others because it was his job doesn't really give him any moral high ground. That is just an ends justifies the means argument. Am I judging Michael on a higher standard than Bosco. Yes. Because Michael is a cop and should be judged by a higher standard.

But it is this murkiness of morality and right and wrong that makes LOO an interesting story.

Some people wondered about Sammy Sum in other thread. I like the guy, he's quite handsome and good for a newbie. I also like that he's able to standout in LOO since
    click to show/hide spoilers
    he has gay feelings for Bai Co. How cute LOL. Now we know why he's that loyal

"Laughing Gor", the flamboyant gangster who turned out to be an undercover cop in the 2009 TVB crime drama E.U., is back with a vengeance! The character was originally killed in action, but was so immensely popular that the ending was re-shot to hint at his comeback. Two years after the prequel movie Turning Point, TVB finally resurrects Laughing in the highly anticipated new spin-off series Lives of Omission, which sees Michael Tse reprise his star-making role to take on more dangerous covert missions in the triad world. Featuring captivating plots, explosive action, and extra starpower courtesy of Bosco Wong, Fala Chen, Kate Tsui, Damian Lau, and rapper MC Jin, the thrilling new adventures of Laughing has achieved one of the station's best ratings this year, ensuring the franchise to continue well into the future.
    After escaping death and laying low in China, "Laughing" Leung Siu Tong (Michael Tse) returns to the Hong Kong police force, appointed by CIB (Criminal Intelligence Bureau) head Kung Sir (Damian Lau) as the instructor to train a new generation of undercover officers alongside Madam Jo (Fala Chen). Laughing befriends crippled ex-convict Michael So (Bosco Wong) and makes him his informant, while the scheming gangster manipulates Laughing into getting rid of his adversaries in the triad society. With the help of his lawyer girlfriend Paris Yiu (Kate Tsui), Michael soon rises up the ranks within the triad, and he eventually betrays Laughing in his plot to become the new overlord. To counter the increasing danger of Michael, Laughing risks his life going back in business as an undercover agent...
    http://www.yesasia.com/us/lives-of-o...0-en/info.html