Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Other Truth 《真相》

Ah...I guess I'm the only one watching this series and still wants to talk about it.

It's so funny when Mavis invited Keith, Wallace and James out to dinner to let Keith and Wallace know she just wants both of them to be her friends and not anything more. At the end of the dinner, both Wallace and Keith are still fighting over Mavis...but they're referring to Mavis as the cheesecake on the table. It's so funny. Keith says "You already have a dessert, why are you fighting over the cheesecake, I still want the cheesecake." Hahahahha OKaaaaaaaaaaaay! Hahaha cutest and one of the funniest scene in the whole series.

Crystal Tin and Louis Yuen are hilarious together.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 10-08-11 at 02:48 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Just finished ep 25!
    Alex & Cecelia!
    Alex was stupid. If he had really loved Cecelia, he would not bring harm her just because he thought she had betrayed him. He shouldn't have done it whether she did or didn't betray him. Total fail as a boyfriend.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

a little island east of america and west of europe

Hey SS - I am just on ep 19 of this and I'm quite surprised at how good this series is turning out. I'm finding the characters are far more multi-dimensional and less contrived than those in Ghetto Justice and I'm loving Ruco Chan's performance in this. TVB have really wasted his talent up to now and I'm glad they're finally giving him a chance to shine and I am getting to see the guy that I loved in Vampire III again.

I must admit that there have been several scenes so far in this series that has almost moved me to tears - now that's not happened in a TVB series for a long long time.

Will be back when I've finished it....

a little island east of america and west of europe

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Episode 20 doesn't make sense.

Keith and Mavis only said things to provoke Evergreen's character so that he will show his mental illness. They didn't teach him to fake those symptoms. How come when the Dr.Lee said Evergreen told him Keith and Mavis teach him to fake the symptoms, they didn't deny? Am I missing something?
    I thought the ending to this case was a bit iffy as well. If they were both accused of coercement, then even if Evergreen was proven to be mentally ill, then they should still have been reprimanded for their actions, but this was not indicated and it seems like they just got away with it. If, on the other hand, Dr Lee's statement was not strong enough for any action to have been taken against them, then why were they both so worried about it the night before? I think the scriptwriters goofed up on this one, or there was something cut from the original story that left it with too many question marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Em View Post
    I thought the ending to this case was a bit iffy as well. If they were both accused of coercement, then even if Evergreen was proven to be mentally ill, then they should still have been reprimanded for their actions, but this was not indicated and it seems like they just got away with it. If, on the other hand, Dr Lee's statement was not strong enough for any action to have been taken against them, then why were they both so worried about it the night before? I think the scriptwriters goofed up on this one, or there was something cut from the original story that left it with too many question marks.
    Exactly. I think it might have to do when they edited a part out from the original story and it just came out that way. I didn't quite like the ending to Evergreen Mak's case.

I think the series still had flaws, it just seems like some of the cast disappear for certain cases and is not seen again until the case ends and they appear again. I guess I feel some kind of disconnectness with that. And James (Louis Yuen) and the cop madam (Crystal Tin)'s ending kind of filled up the ending of the series. I don't know how other people feel but the ending was not so great. I felt they didn't fill up the gaps and holes well.

I'd take The Other Truth 2 over Ghetto Justice 2 any day.

I gave up on this series about 10 episodes in, which doesn't happen often. I normally love these kinds of series (the profession ones) but somehow the plot, characters, and cast didn't connect with me at all. Oh well.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

I loved this drama!
    Honestly though, even with the many flaws I found in this show, I can't help but keep it as one of my top favourites.
    I think it's because I'm bias of Ruco, and I'm glad to finally see a show where he's one of the mains.

...and Raymond Wong! I especially loved his character here.

I wished they tied up the loop holes the story created. I also wished that the ending could've been better. This drama could have actually went on for longer, and I wouldn't mind. I felt that everything was a bit rushed.
    Before we could even get a better glimpse of the 'lawyer' life...the drama begins to unfold, and the story strayed away from the original theme.

There was great potential for this show to be better, but like any other tvb show...it's rushed to be completed, so the ending is never satisfying.

The starting plot was good. The characters were also good.

The ending was not.

I still love this show though.
    Crazy huh?