Tavia Yeung
    Raymond Wong
    Ruco Chan
    Kenneth Ma
    Chris Lai Lok Yi
    Natalie Tong
    Louis Yuen
    Matthew Ko

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/rhnw9w.jpg')

Have anyone watching this lawyer now ,how this drama compare to other lawyer drama Ghetto Justice?
    which one is better to watch and have better storyline ?
    thanks.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-03-11 at 02:55 AM. Reason: 《紫禁驚雷》

Oooh! Raymond Wong and Ruco Chan in another drama together. I'm looking forward to watch this series. Ruco looks so handsomely smart in those glasses and lawyer get up.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I think this show is quite disappointing compared to Ghetto Justice. The difference is quite apparent when the two shows are in the same genre and aired back to back. It is really too early to tell which show has a better storyline. But Ghetto Justice is about practicing law in the slums, and filming in Shum Shui Po is quite refreshing. This one, so far, just appears to be another courtroom drama.

i watched the first two episodes though it was good so far, was into lawyer dramas since i just finished ghetto justice
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

this one certainly exceeded my expectations so far. A very enjoyable series! really like Ruco in this one

This has been great series so far - stellar cast. Ruco Chan does so well - so much better than Kevin in Ghetto Justice.

Ruco is so charming in here! I love his character the best. Going to get shocked by Kenneth vs Natalie.
    I love this series. I hope it wins favourite series this year.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Ruco is so charming in here! I love his character the best. Going to get shocked by Kenneth vs Natalie.
    I love this series. I hope it wins favourite series this year.
    Ruco was much more charming in My Date with a Vampire. But I was happy that TVB was willing to push the envelope and have the storyline about corrupted cops. Makes me wonder why ATV was never a competitor against TVB, especially when the male leads were all from ATV.

Watching episode 8. Lawyer Kiu is such a smart lawyer. Not only good in establishing good relations with media, but, also very good in court.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Watching episode 8. Lawyer Kiu is such a smart lawyer. Not only good in establishing good relations with media, but, also very good in court.
    I agree, that case was very good. I am only on episode 14 BTW Lawyer "Fat Boy"s mommy is very surprising and likable. For the life of me I can't remember Louis Yuen's character name. Ruco's MoM is so...unbearable. I know how it feels to be him sort of :T I felt very fortunate in life seeing his mother's attitude. Ruco's Keith is a good son. haha. I was like, "Whew, I lucked out in the parental lottery!" But I digress.

The only thing TOT has in common with GJ is that the characters are lawyers. Kevin was very endearing as Law Baw, but Ruco has his own charm. If they lived in the same TVB universe, they could be friends! HAHA. This is not a breakthrough role for Tavia. I liked her better as a cop in The Mysteries of Love.

I can't wait for Kenneth! I love Kenneth Ma!
    Last edited by ByTmE; 07-30-11 at 04:19 PM.
    I like me.

I can understand Keith's mother being strict mother when he's younger. I also can understand her forbidding him to date when he was studying in uni. But, why did she still break up his relationships after he became an working adult? James said all his relationships were ruined by his mother.

In the scene where Keith was scolded by his mother and he told his mother he suspect he’s not her son, Ruco look so boyish there. Gone are those manly intensity and gravity. He looks a bit like a teenage son have a small a tantrum. At that moment, he also look quite innocent. No more villainous look. I don’t know. It give a feel of a teenager talking to his mom.
    Scenes of Keith with his mother bring out another side of Keith and another look from Ruco. You don’t see his expression of his with he interact with others
    Last edited by kidd; 08-01-11 at 01:53 AM.

Just finished ep 25!
    Alex & Cecelia!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Ruco is great in this!

Great series! Somehow I enjoyed it better than GJ (or it's also probably because I don't really like Myolie Wu but either way GJ was very enjoyable too). I hope they'd plan a good sequel to this... if there is one.

I loved the jury episode. It's fresh, and it's well done.

Ceci's ending wasn't to my preference though... but overall the final story was well concluded. At least if there would be a sequel, the villain wouldn't be predictable :P

Finally... Ruco! I hope he gets more important roles in TVB dramas in the future He's really good in here.

I thought Ruco in OT left Kevin in GJ miles in the dust in terms of acting.

Too bad its pretty obvious the good script/dialogue writers and marketing money all went to GJ. I think Other Trust cast had enough talent to cover for the somewhat cliche story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I thought Ruco in OT left Kevin in GJ miles in the dust in terms of acting.

Too bad its pretty obvious the good script/dialogue writers and marketing money all went to GJ. I think Other Trust cast had enough talent to cover for the somewhat cliche story lines.
    Totally agree. There wasn't much marketing for OT. If there was I think more people would be talking about OT than GJ. I liked GJ but OT is way better.

After watching Ruco on Fan and Kam interview and his performance, I'm very impressed with him. Nice performance and was the character specially tailored for him? He fares very well in playing gray characters. I think his performance is even worthy of Best Actor, but I'm sure TVB would want him to work a few years before giving him the award. His acting is definitely not below Kevin, Moses, and Raymond. In fact, I like him more and not only because he's a new face in leading roles, but because he can actually ACT.

Episode 20 doesn't make sense.

Keith and Mavis only said things to provoke Evergreen's character so that he will show his mental illness. They didn't teach him to fake those symptoms. How come when the Dr.Lee said Evergreen told him Keith and Mavis teach him to fake the symptoms, they didn't deny? Am I missing something?

The Other Truth is an interesting court room drama series so far. I'm watching the Pop star Iris Rape case, its interesting how this series doesn't just focus on the lawyers defending or prosecuting the case, but also allows us to see the inter-workings of jury duty too.

Ruco Chan looks hot in his vest suits and suspenders, shirt and tie. His acting is good, I've been a fan of his since My Date with A Vampire 3.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-28-11 at 06:41 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Netizen's reception is also positive. On Douban, the drama received a rating of 8.1 out of 10 based on 6129 votes.[4] Shuanglong of Douban also gave the drama a four out of five stars, saying that "although the court room disputes are not as intense as those in the classical File of Justice, the characters in The Other Truth are conflicting and contradictory, with unrevealed truths behind each case."[5] The Other Truth is also one of the most highly discussed dramas of the year at the Hong Kong Discuss Forums.
    Does anyone agree this statement about "characters in The Other Truth are conflicting and contradictory" ?