5 38.46%
  • Three Kingdoms 2010

5 38.46%
  • Rose Mansion Dream

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 - 2011 Best Mainland TV Series Poll

Lightbulb 2010 - 2011 Best Mainland TV Series Poll

Vote for your mainland best 2010 - 2011 TV series here.

Rose Mansion

Three Kingdoms 2010

Water Margin 2011

Journey to the West 2011 Zhang Jizhong version

Vote than tell why you voted for that series.
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 07-07-11 at 02:54 AM.

whoever voted first for three kingdoms 2010, would you care to type up a few words explaining why?

whoever voted second for Water Margin, would you care to type up a few words explaining why?

Vote for Water Margin 2011
    because from the 4 given choice, I have only watch that
    and I'm very satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurenai86 View Post
    Vote for Water Margin 2011
    because from the 4 given choice, I have only watch that
    and I'm very satisfied with it.

Are you going to watch the upcoming journey to the west 2011?

Voted for Water Margin. I've never heard of the series Rose Mansion, and I've only seen the trailer for the new Journey to the West (and from what I've seen, the graphics still seem a bit too cheesy for my tastes). I voted for Water Margin because I found it to be, in general, done much more exciting than the new Romance of the Three Kingdoms series. I was really disappointed in the new Three Kingdoms series. It just seemed too... wordy and long-winded for my liking. I give extra kudos to the new Water Margin, considering that I originally found the original story to be not as good as Romance of the Three Kingdoms. But the way it was played out in the new series, I really enjoyed it and did not feel bored. The fighting scenes were excellent, and the acting was really good. I also like that it had more colorful cinematography compared to the gray-ish and depressing atmosphere in Three Kingdoms. And despite what many people say, I loved the beginning and ending theme songs and music in Water Margin. I felt it was nicer than the music in Three Kingdoms.
    Last edited by AwesomeOpossum; 07-08-11 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeOpossum View Post
    Voted for Water Margin. I've never heard of the series Rose Mansion, and I've only seen the trailer for the new Journey to the West (and from what I've seen, the graphics still seem a bit too cheesy for my tastes). I voted for Water Margin because I found it to be, in general, done much more exciting than the new Romance of the Three Kingdoms series. I was really disappointed in the new Three Kingdoms series. It just seemed too... wordy and long-winded for my liking. I give extra kudos to the new Water Margin, considering that I originally found the original story to be not as good as Romance of the Three Kingdoms. But the way it was played out in the new series, I really enjoyed it and did not feel bored. The fighting scenes were excellent, and the acting was really good. I also like that it had more colorful cinematography compared to the gray-ish and depressing atmosphere in Three Kingdoms. And despite what many people say, I loved the beginning and ending theme songs and music in Water Margin. I felt it was nicer than the music in Three Kingdoms.

Rose Mansion Dream is the best story in the mainland.

Here check it out...

What do you mean cheesy for jorueny to the west?

I say you should check it out because the producer and actors really put their whole effort in Journey to the West 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Rose Mansion Dream is the best story in the mainland.

Here check it out...

What do you mean cheesy for jorueny to the west?

I say you should check it out because the producer and actors really put their whole effort in Journey to the West 2011.
    Oooh, you mean Dream of the Red Chamber. In that case, I still stand by my vote, since I'm not really fond of that story. (Yes, I know it's a classic. But I tend not to like tragedies that focus on love and family politics. I'm more of an wuxia fighting scene person.)

As for Journey to the West, I mean cheesy as in, even until today, I don't think their graphics look very natural and beautiful. I feel they use too much colorful "rainbow graphics" when they could do without it completely in certain scenes. This is the feeling I got when I watched the trailer for it. Of course, I probably just have super high standards for fantasy graphics.

Oooh, you mean Dream of the Red Chamber. In that case, I still stand by my vote, since I'm not really fond of that story. (Yes, I know it's a classic. But I tend not to like tragedies that focus on love and family politics. I'm more of an wuxia fighting scene person.)

As for Journey to the West, I mean cheesy as in, even until today, I don't think their graphics look very natural and beautiful. I feel they use too much colorful "rainbow graphics" when they could do without it completely in certain scenes. This is the feeling I got when I watched the trailer for it. Of course, I probably just have super high standards for fantasy graphics.

well you're right much of it cannot be created because the story is set in the tang dynasty. So you can't expect them to have the real landscape or anything. thanks god we have computer technology to recreate thing. also in journey to the west, they have to go through more than 30 countries to get to india. much of those place are gone today in modern era. I say you should watch this series anyway because of all their effort put into making this.

Hey if you want to see natural, here is a behind the scene looks of the monkey king in a real natural envirorment uncomputerize.....

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTY4MjI1NTY0.html

whoever voted second for Journey to the West 2011, would you care to type up a few words explaining why?

Because of one reason and one reason only it has my favorite 2 actresses are in it and that is Ady An and Shu Chang. But I will only watch up to the point where they exit the show. They I will watch something else.

I only watched Ady An's part in Water Margin. Sorry I am a huge fan of Ady An Xuan.

I haven't actually gotten around to watching any of these classics. To be honest these "four greats" never appealed to me. x_x Maybe I just don't have any "wen hua", lol! I've watched all of the old versions except for Water Margin (only watched bits of that old version, just couldn't get through the rest). I did start watching the new 3 Kingdoms and Hong Lou Meng, but got bored after the first few episodes.

All of them have actors/actresses I really like though! e.g. Chen Hao and Lu Yi in 3 Kingdoms, YM in Hong Lou Meng, Ady and Yan Kuan in Water Margin, Ady/Shu Chang/FSF in JTTW. I might just catch their parts...

God, I am so tired of people grouping these four so-called "classics" together. It's completely and utterly random and WRONG to do so.

JTTW doesn't belong with the other three. They are, for the most part, historical epic costume dramas, whereas JTTW is an epic mythology series.

It should be grouped with other large-scale myth series (FSB, BLD, Chuan Shuo, Liao Zhai, Chinese Paladin, XYJ).

If anything, Jin Ping Mei should be the fourth "classic." JTTW has absolutely nothing to do with the other three.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    God, I am so tired of people grouping these four so-called "classics" together. It's completely and utterly random and WRONG to do so.

JTTW doesn't belong with the other three. They are, for the most part, historical epic costume dramas, whereas JTTW is an epic mythology series.

It should be grouped with other large-scale myth series (FSB, BLD, Chuan Shuo, Liao Zhai, Chinese Paladin, XYJ).

If anything, Jin Ping Mei should be the fourth "classic." JTTW has absolutely nothing to do with the other three.

All of the myth story you mentioned are not no where as good as journey to the west. C Paladin with hu ge? zzzz boring, what's next the myth with again...hu ge? zzzz boring.

Bao lian dan? zzzz another epic boringness...

Maybe the 12 animal zodiac can have a little competition with journey to the west.

I can watch Journey to the west again and again and will never get bored of it well except for the 2009 epic boring acting of the monkey king and annoying zhu bajie talking nonstop. also I wish they would get some good computer graphic maker instead of hot looking actress that cost alot.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjune86 View Post
    Because of one reason and one reason only it has my favorite 2 actresses are in it and that is Ady An and Shu Chang. But I will only watch up to the point where they exit the show. They I will watch something else.

so you know nothing of journey to the west and only care to watch cause of some actor/actress????

have you seen any of the older version?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/n6g3T.jpg')

Who is the better monkey king?

All of the myth story you mentioned are not no where as good as journey to the west. C Paladin with hu ge? zzzz boring, what's next the myth with again...hu ge? zzzz boring.

Bao lian dan? zzzz another epic boringness...

Maybe the 12 animal zodiac can have a little competition with journey to the west.

I can watch Journey to the west again and again and will never get bored of it well except for the 2009 epic boring acting of the monkey king and annoying zhu bajie talking nonstop. also I wish they would get some good computer graphic maker instead of hot looking actress that cost alot.
    so you know nothing of journey to the west and only care to watch cause of some actor/actress????

have you seen any of the older version?
    Who is the better monkey king?
    Oh my god. Why don't you just re-title the thread? This thread should not be called "Best Mainland TV series" and should not be encouraging people to "explain their choices." You need to re-title it accurately to "Sing praises about Journey to the West and don't choose any other options. If you choose any other options, be prepared to be criticized for caring about the wrong things in a series." Please re-title the thread to that.

Oh my god. Why don't you just re-title the thread? This thread should not be called "Best Mainland TV series" and should not be encouraging people to "explain their choices." You need to re-title it accurately to "Sing praises about Journey to the West and don't choose any other options. If you choose any other options, be prepared to be criticized for caring about the wrong things in a series." Please re-title the thread to that.

HEY do you really need to bother GOD about this???

I made this thread so people could vote and discuss. They want as long as it's related to any of the series that's in the topic.

Hey if you say I gotta be prepare for people critizing a series, than what's wrong with me countering back and saying something???

Perhap you will want to vote again of if you have not voted yet will want to choose carefully after watching this...

Wu Kong talking to Tank Monk