Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gone with the Wind 《乱世佳人》

Oh...hmm. I didn't realize "War and Destiny" also used this name. Well, I haven't been actually following the news of this series but I still think it sounds like it might be some sort of GWTW adaptation...maybe not that faithful of course. I mean, take that synopsis, replace "1930s Shanghai" with "1800s Georgia" and "Chinese/Japanese war" with "American Civil War", and it sounds to me like a good overall summary of the idea behind GWTW?

Well. Either way it does sound pretty promising! Been awhile since I saw a good series revolving around WWII against the Japanese invasion.

Edit: Ok I just read the actual Chinese synopsis (rather than skimming over the English translation). It also says "Lian Xin" (I assume TY's character) comes from a poor background--she is a maid, who then becomes a pawn to some people fighting for power, then gets framed for murdering someone. >_< I guess this isn't really a GWTW adaptation then...damnit, I would've rather seen TY as a Scarlett type character rather than another "poor girl" thrown into scheming and chaos (haven't we had enough adaptations of that kind of story in recent years?). Sounds like it has a really tragic ending too (alludes to the main characters giving up their lives for justice).

Well I am just really confused right now so please keep posting updates everyone, this still sounds like it has a lot of potential!

Edit AGAIN: RYY you are too fast for me! I just realized you updated with the full translation!! Lol. Ok everyone ignore my rambling...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-23-11 at 08:32 PM.

Sigh, the more I think about this the sadder I get about the wasted potential! I never even imagined it before but now I am so desperate for a Chinese adaptation of GWTW! It could be sooo good! Damn.

Well even if it isn't a "Chinese GWTW", maybe it will still turn out really good. Will reserve my judgment for now...(and go off to dream about a HXM/TY = Rhett/Scarlett version...)

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Sigh, the more I think about this the sadder I get about the wasted potential! I never even imagined it before but now I am so desperate for a Chinese adaptation of GWTW! It could be sooo good! Damn.

Well even if it isn't a "Chinese GWTW", maybe it will still turn out really good. Will reserve my judgment for now...(and go off to dream about a HXM/TY = Rhett/Scarlett version...)
    Haha, poor mango. Sorry for busting the dream (for now)

In any case, I'm surprised Samuel is not playing the guy that TY "loves"...

Isn't TY a bit young to star with HXM? I know LYF did ROCH when she was 17 or something but she was too busy being other-worldly to be classified by her human age, she had almost no chemistry with HXM, she was quite mature for her age, and her role required her to look young.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I actually think TY can look quite mature for her age, e.g. in CP3 she pulled off being a 300-year-old (??) seductive type mystical being very well. (On the other hand, LYF looked way too young paired up with HXM.) And TY in her mid-20s being paired up with mid-30s HXM is much less of a gap then late-teens LYF paired with 30-ish HXM. So even though there is indeed a pretty large age gap, I think she can pull off acting against HXM quite well! (But, this is probably just a pipe dream at this point...sigh.)

(Actually you know what's funny, HXM used to be pretty high up on my list but ever since watching ROCH he's totally dropped out of it. To the point where I didn't even watch new Shanghai Bund because I lost interest in HXM series for a long while. This--you guys suggesting HXM as Rhett--is actually the first time in years where I've started to get excited about him again! Even though he was never even rumoured for this project. XD Weird, huh?)

Well, Samuel Chan is only one year younger than HXM, so there techinically is quite a age gap between Samuel and TY. And Wallace is only 2 years younger than HXM.

We'll just have to see how it works out

So when do they start filming this, im surprised that TY rejected all the series and movies but not XYS or maybe it was during....

It is there another version i can watch because ive never heard of this drama....
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 08-24-11 at 12:22 AM.

The age gap between scarlett and rhett was 17 years. If this series was actually based on gone with the wind then having hxm pair up with ty is ok. And ty was recently chosen to do this series so she had already committed to xys (that's the videogame series with huge, right) long before she was picked for is role.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

is Sam going to play Rhet? doesn't like it

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I actually think TY can look quite mature for her age, e.g. in CP3 she pulled off being a 300-year-old
    I thought it was 200.
    TY have been doing modern lately and one ancient which is not enough so yay we get to see more of her other than in modern...

Which one is Samuel? Is he playing the Rhett Butler type role?
    None of the pics of men I've seen so far impress me. Not suave enough.
    I can't see any of them playing the Ashley character either.

They seem to lack... elegance...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/48b397dejw1dkj4efy3s2j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/48b397dejw1dkj351apr5j.jpg')

wow, that red dress is gorgeous!
    and the guys dont look so bad either

So when do they start filming this? curious

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4b9364ddgw1dl9ujk654uj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/634ab347gw1dlcwq8g5x1j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/767a5b05jw1dle3or0fsej.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/767a5b05jw1dle3rm90taj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/767a5b05jw1dle3ndok34j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6d78cc31jw1dld5063zcvj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/767a5b05jw1dle3ylqx6bj.jpg')