Thread: Name of TV show?

Default Name of TV show?

This is the basic story line that I remember: first couple episodes start off in a small village and it's about a boy from a poor family kinda falling in love with the daughter from a wealthy family - she also has a brother who doesn't like this boy very much. It then skips forward about 15-20 years and its set in the business district and the boy has become an employee of the wealthy family. He moves up the ranks and still feuds with the girls brother who is like his manager (I think). Anyway the girl he likes is also there. Then something happens (can't really remember what) and the boy becomes the CEO, but then it becomes clear he's been participating in some dodgy dealings and his mother/the girl convince him to confess. Then it's like 4 years later or something and he's let out of jail and goes back to the small village with the girl waiting for him.

Now I'm pretty sure I saw this in the winter of 2008 in china or maybe 2006. From the accents it was most likely taiwanese actors, however it might have been a chinese production. The genre would be drama/romance. Also I think the name was something like 世界路 (Shi Jie Lu) but i really have no idea. Another thing is that I remember that the show was really really long, as in probably 200 episodes long.

If anyone has any ideas of what the show is called, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you referring to this show: 世间路 ?
    Synopsis link: http://baike.baidu.com/view/556627.htm

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://baike.baidu.com/image/109eb7ec76b57a6163d09f4a')

If it is, then it is called "Say Gan Lor" in Hokkien/Taiyu or 世间路 in Chinese characters.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!