Thread: J.Lo and Marc Anthony announces divorce

Default J.Lo and Marc Anthony announces divorce

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony announces their divorce after 7 years of marriage. They share twin daughter and son.

This seems so out of the blue. Who's next to split up? Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm surprised, but not as surprised as when the two of them became an item and actually got married. They seemed like a mismatch from the start.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I read somewhere that years before they got married, that they had dated briefly and were closed friends. Then after each of them had married and divorced, and Jen had been engaged to Ben Affleck and broke it off, she then married Marc Anthony. I remember how strange to see them together too.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

No surprise at all. How often do you hear celebrities break up, drugs and alcohol problems, or involving in some kind of scandal?
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 07-16-11 at 11:16 PM.

I never really thought they were that compatible together so not surprised at all. (Look at her and then look at his teeth!) If Brad and Ange are the next to break up then But I doubt it as Brad and Ange share a closer bond with all the charity work and all the kids.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Jennifer Lopez: 'I Love Myself Enough to Walk Away'

posted by Lizbeth Scordo - Mon Aug 1 2011, 9:11 PM PDT

celebs: Jennifer Lopez
    topics: Breakups | Hotties

Jennifer Lopez talks to Vanity Fair about her breakup and why she still believes in love. Mario Testino/Vanity Fair Her 7-year marriage may have crumbled, and she's now facing a new life as a single mother to two young children, but -- in her first interview since announcing that she and Marc Anthony are getting divorced -- Jennifer Lopez tells Vanity Fair that she truly believes in love. "It's still my biggest dream," she says in the magazine's September issue.

Read the Exclusive Vanity Fair Interview

The pop star, actress, and "American Idol" judge insists that she and her estranged husband both tried at their relationship, but in the end they simply didn't succeed. "I really worked hard at it. We both did. Sometimes it doesn't work -- and that's sad," she explains. "But I remain an eternal optimist about love. I am positive -- determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person. I now look forward to new challenges. I feel strong."

Video: Jennifer's VF Cover Shoot

Since the couple called it quits last month, reports have emerged of Anthony -- a fellow musician -- being an envious and controlling husband, going so far as to have the final say over his wife's wardrobe choices. Lopez doesn't confirm those details, but hints at the fact that she, indeed, deserved better. "Sometimes we don't realize that we are compromising ourselves. To understand that a person is not good for you, or that that person is not treating you in the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself -- if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me," she says. "I love myself enough to walk away from that now."

Lopez and husband Marc Anthony recently announced they were divorcing after seven years of marriage. John Shearer/WireImage.com

Vanity Fair's Portraits of Royalty

Still, Lopez, 42, also remembers the good times, including the fact that 3-year-old twins, Emme and Max, were a result of their union. "I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer," she insists in the interview. "We actually work great together, and he was always very supportive. Together we could make magic -- and we did. He will always be in our lives. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children."
    From: http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/jenni...lk-away/177?nc

I guess some couples are just meant to be apart. She looks good for her age, but he looks way older than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    From: http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/jenni...lk-away/177?nc

I guess some couples are just meant to be apart. She looks good for her age, but he looks way older than her.
    JLo might look good for her age, but she's still an OLD fox and looks OLDER if without makeups. Marc is an old horndog, but he can still get younger girls. Thus, he traded in a 40 for two 20s.