Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandate RPG Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    I'm wondering if I should go with the trend characters of gender reversal...or genderless
    Oh my... That emoticon is SO suitable for that statement! HAHA

Anyway I'm gonna sign off now. I seem to be in a time zone different from everyone else (GMT +1). LOL

btw, can we create profiles multiple characters and creating or NPCs?
    I think you can. It will help build your character's subplot better. If there are enough male characters than I will create a female one. Btw, I think icy's character is the hottest female character. It will be cool if she was also a vixen...any sacrifice for her country is not too big.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

ahh, what the heck. i'll break this trend of gender reversal. if we need more male characters then i'll create one later on (to woo icy's character).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx235/nightwolf2008/Arrows_by_hiliuyun.jpg')

name: tang xiang feng (soaring phoenix)
    Age: 18 or 19 (depending on how much time this story covers)
    Gender: Female but disguised as a dirty faced boy (who goes by feng)
    Nickname: Cursed One
    Weapons: Bow and Arrow (will get updated as the story progresses) (and ignore the direction of the arrows, and please pretend it's projecting from the zither)
    Occupation: Most junior employee at the zhao long inn (great dragon) in louyang, pan

history:
    when txf was a baby, her mother brought her to the fortune teller who foreshadowed 3 things:
    1)txf will be the cause of her father's death
    2)her mother will die shortly thereafter from grief (hence she is an indirect cause of her mother's death)
    3)she will unlikely survive beyond the age 20 (she will turn 20 in the story when there is a major battle/war)

As predicted, txf's father died while saving her during a hunting expedition and her mother died within a month, leaving her to the care of her brother and sister in law. everyone in her town and neighboring province is aware of the prediction and nicknamed her the cursed one. scared that her bad luck would also affect them, they actively avoided her. only her brother and sister in law treat her well.

her brother and sister in law are quite poor, and txf does what she can to help the family. as the innkeeper owes her brother a favor, he promises to hire txf on the condition that she completes all of the unwanted tasks and disguises herself so that no one can recognize her. he fears that he would lose business if people associate him with her.

i haven't decided with which kingdom she will be affilated. she will not enter the story yet; i will wait for the story to develop before having her make her appearance.

EDIT: she will be affiliated with the state of jin
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-30-11 at 10:09 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Xiang, would you mind clarifying for us the ages of the (new) King of Pan and the Xiwu Princess that he married?

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    When it comes to war, what is considered evil?

BTW, can she not be the same princess who marries the Prince of Pan? I don't want my character getting involved with some lecherous old man , so I've already planned some story about the diplomatic marriage between Xiwu and Pan.
    Hmm, maybe his dad died old and he ascended the throne at like 50 or something?

Anyways, what character are you creating? Want to join my character in morally-questionable adventures?
    Wait...the new King of Pan is an old man????
    I visualised the new king as a young man, but since Icyfox already has a storyline in mind... let's just leave it to him.

Weapons: Bow and Arrow (will get updated as the story progresses) (and ignore the direction of the arrows, and please pretend it's projecting from the zither)
    Sorry but this makes me crack!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    Btw, I think icy's character is the hottest female character. It will be cool if she was also a vixen...any sacrifice for her country is not too big.
    Sigh. I know 'IcyFox' has the 'Fox' in it, but that's not what I intended! Oh well... Anyone knows anything about ancient contraception methods?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I visualised the new king as a young man, but since Icyfox already has a storyline in mind... let's just leave it to him.
    Hahahaha fantastic!

When it comes to war, what is considered evil?

BTW, can she not be the same princess who marries the Prince of Pan? I don't want my character getting involved with some lecherous old man , so I've already planned some story about the diplomatic marriage between Xiwu and Pan.
    Hmm, maybe his dad died old and he ascended the throne at like 50 or something?

Anyways, what character are you creating? Want to join my character in morally-questionable adventures?
    Wait...the new King of Pan is an old man????
    Sigh. I know 'IcyFox' has the 'Fox' in it, but that's not what I intended! Oh well... Anyone knows anything about ancient contraception methods?

Hahahaha fantastic!
    So what's your plan for the king?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx235/nightwolf2008/Arrows_by_hiliuyun.jpg')
    Patricia, your Tang Xiang Feng is one HOTTIE. Me likes

Gx, i didn't pay attention to the arrows' direction until after i posted the pic and my character's profile. I really like how fierce the woman looks in the pic, so i modified my character's weapon just so i can use this picture. I'm glad you find myrequest hilarious. I was a bit embarrassed to make that request.

Tweety-thanks. Will you also be playing?
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-26-11 at 05:41 PM.

OK, let me be shameless and snatch this song as my character's theme music:
    Last edited by IcyFox; 07-27-11 at 05:18 PM.

Tweety-thanks. Will you also be playing?
    Nah, I am currently following 3 translations and 3 fanfics. I already have a hard enough time following so many storylines. I will just add this to my reading materials .

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Nah, I am currently following 3 translations and 3 fanfics. I already have a hard enough time following so many storylines. I will just add this to my reading materials .
    Love, there's no fun in reading and not joining.
    I'm pretty busy and won't be writing long essays (I dunno about the others, though).

Love, there's no fun in reading and not joining.
    I'm pretty busy and won't be writing long essays (I dunno about the others, though).
    Well, nothing is set in stone yet . So perhaps as the story progresses, I'll jump in somewhere. It'll be a surprise

Hahahaha fantastic!
    Ancient contraceptive? I think it's called a chastity belt...sounds painful to use.

***aka Mr. Douchebag on this thread***

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/eatnsnooze/XueQianScaled.jpg')

Name: Xue Qian (薛谦)
    Courtesy Name: Heyi (何乙)
    Title: Count of Ruixi (汭锡伯)

Allegiance: Kingdom of Xiwu

Weapon: Pen (not for martial arts usage)

Skills:

Calligraphy: While he is trained in all four scholarly arts (music, chess, calligraphy, painting) like all members of nobility, it is calligraphy where his talent lies in. He is well known among the literati and nobility for his style. Yet, much unknown to the public is his ability to mimic any written word after just seeing it once—thus allowing him to easily forge another’s handwriting.

Basic Sword: Forcefully taught by his maternal uncles since youth. However, he had never found much interest in the martial arts, thus he only learned the most basic.

Background:

Xue Qian highly influential family in the Xiwu Kingdom. He is the eldest son of the Chancellor of Xiwu. His mother’s family, the Ren Clan, boasts a long line of military generals dating back to the Han Dynasty and currently holds a powerful share of Xiwu’s military force. Furthermore, his maternal aunt is the Queen of Xiwu.

Unlike what his name might suggest, Xue Qian has quite a haughty attitude—an overabundance of confidence and pride. Certainly, the amount of praise he receives for his calligraphy doesn’t help to nurture any modesty.

Because of his family relationships and the King of Xiwu's admiration of his calligraphy, Xue Qian was automatically given a title of Count upon reaching adulthood, despite his young age and lack of political merit. He was often invited to the royal feasts, allowing him to be befriend the elite crowds of the royal courts. Thus, along with a few other young nobles, he was in the running for the favor of the eldest Princess of Xiwu. He was perhaps even one of the favorites in the race--until one day it was suddenly announced that she was to be married off to the Kingdom of Pan.

Perhaps she was initially just a goal for competition or perhaps he truely did fall in love with her. It doesn't matter anymore. All he knows is that for now, he can think of nothing but her. He can write of nothing but her name. Nobody can stop Xue Qian when his eyes are set on a goal--not even the King of Pan.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-08-11 at 05:39 PM.

Ryy, is xue jian in love with icy's character?

Also, gx, which of the kingdoms will last until the end of the story or is that for us players to decide? Mine will not be affiliated with the strongest or largest kingdom, but definitely needs to be part of one.

Xue Jian? Look at her thinking about her love for icy's character
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cnnb.com.cn/pic/0/00/79/27/792785_579831.jpg')

Kekekekeke
    No...Mr. Xue is infatuated over the Princess who married King of Pan
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 07-26-11 at 07:42 PM.

Lol...my mistake. Just finished cp3 this past month

Interesting. Is Foxy going to rp as the married Xiwu princess too?

Also, gx, which of the kingdoms will last until the end of the story or is that for us players to decide? Mine will not be affiliated with the strongest or largest kingdom, but definitely needs to be part of one.
    I prefer Xiwu. But I won't mind if something else happens along the way and some other kingdom comes out triumphant instead. I like surprises. We can all write and see what happens.

OK, let me be shameless and snatch this song as my character's theme music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fI3aah81gY
    Nice music! Good idea to have too... Maybe I should find one for my character too.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    In that case, thanks x2.

Ancient contraceptive? I think it's called a chastity belt...sounds painful to use.
    Erm, but that wouldn't help very much if my character is aiming to sleep with powerful people to get her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Interesting. Is Foxy going to rp as the married Xiwu princess too?
    Yep. I'm still wondering if I should play her as a [s-l-u-t]. Of course, Yue Jiayan will still be my main character.