Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandate RPG Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    And yet somehow...there are currently more male characters than female characters. You're not going to join in gender reversal game?

btw, can't I just create NPCs with no actual relation to my character? I'm too lazy to carry another character on my own
    i give in to peer pressure. my gender reversal character is just below. i think you can create NPC's that are unrelated to your character. all of us are pretty flexible!

anyhow, it's been ages since i last wrote anything or read anything, so i'm basically starting from square one. please excuse my initial segments (when i officially join in on the story)...once i practice enough, i'll get the hang of creative writing again. or so i hope.

without further ado, i introduce my npc's that are related to my character. please don't kill them off. also, can my main character work in the most happening inn in the story? she needs to pick up gossip to move her storyline. thanks!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn175/raindrops_on_roses_2008/Hiliuyun/Speechless_by_hiliuyun.jpg')

Sima Cui Fen (emerald fragrance) 22 yo
    Tang Bao Zhi (full of wisdom) 25 yo

sima cui fen is the lost princess of donghai. being the only child of the royal queen/empress, she was very well loved and sheltered. however, during the internal power struggle, she and her mother avidly supported prince ying as the rightful heir to the throne. fearing the mother-daughter's influence in the kingdom, the other concubines and princes plotted against the queen and princess. Subsequently, they had to flee the kingdom and her mother died as she could not adapt to the harsh life outside of the kingdom (err...in particular, outside of the palace). Scf learned to take care of herself and eventually encountered tang xiang feng's brother, tang bao zhi, who saved her life and married her. although happily married, scf always prays for prince ying's safety and hopes to return to the kingdom one day to help return the throne to prince ying. scf has been secretive about her past and even bao zhi is unaware of scf's background and assumes that she is an orphaned commoner.

Tang Bao Zhi is a very good man who is full of integrity, honesty, and loyalty. His good nature and mild manner earned his wife's love and his townsmen's respect. although everyone in town fears his younger sister's misfortune, they think too highly of him to avoid him altogether. when young, the fortune teller predicted that he was fated to marry into royalty, a secret which he keeps to himself so as not to offend his wife. believing that he married a commoner, he belittles the fortune teller's predictions and does not believe that his sister will die at 20 years old. his martial arts is currently above tang xiang feng as he has the advantage of training longer with their father, but even then, he is slightly below average.

(sorry, i really did try to find a smaller picture)
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-29-11 at 04:19 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Aww...! That's how our characters will tie up! Sweet! Although I really disagree with your character's action as stated:

Subsequently, they had to flea the kingdom
    +

Sorry, can't resist it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post

Didn't know there's a state called Phoenix State in ancient China.

Was there a Dragon State too?
    They are all make-believe states. So maybe there is a Dragon State but it's gone kaput long ago? XD!
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 07-28-11 at 01:17 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i give in to peer pressure. my gender reversal character is just below. i think you can create NPC's that are unrelated to your character. all of us are pretty flexible!

anyhow, it's been ages since i last wrote anything or read anything, so i'm basically starting from square one. please excuse my initial segments (when i officially join in on the story)...once i practice enough, i'll get the hang of creative writing again. or so i hope.

without further ado, i introduce my npc's that are related to my character. please don't kill them off. also, can my main character work in the most happening inn in the story? she needs to pick up gossip to move her storyline. thanks!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn175/raindrops_on_roses_2008/Hiliuyun/Speechless_by_hiliuyun.jpg')

Sima Cui Fen (emerald fragrance)
    Tang Bao Zhi (full of wisdom)
    wait...I thought they were suppose to be poor!!! JK . Or maybe life was good back in the days

in any case, based on the character profiles, seems like the action is going to take place in (capital of) Pan?

gx...lol, i typed it at the last minute. so it's been corrected.

ryy, they are poor. =) that's a spoiler pic, hint hint.

ok, so my main character tang xiang feng will be the least respected employee at the most happening restaurant/inn in the kingdom of pan then? shall we say my npc princess escaped to pan and met her studly but below average martial arts hubby there (that's why no one can recognize that she is the lost and most beloved princess of donghai)?
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-28-11 at 01:37 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    She sounds really mean.
    mean? she sounds like pure evil x_x. her poor bimbo sister.
    If you read what my character did in RPG #2, this is kinda like breakfast.

so is the Xiwu Princess the new Queen or Pan? Or is she just a concubine since it's likely that the King of Pan already has wives.
    Not Queen yet, but with her sweet little baby sister's help, she would be.

what happened to allen? is he still playing? does that mean icy fox is the only male player?
    I contacted Extremer, Excelsior, yittz, druid and Single Whip but haven't heard from them.

I think Mr. Douchebag is going to stop by the inn while he is plotting away on how to steal away Xiwu Princess from the King of Pan

Anyways, here is an NPC. Hopefully she will make life diffcult for some folks

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/eatnsnooze/YiFurencopy.png')

Name: Yi Wanyan (易宛妍)
    Title: Lady Yi (易夫人)
    Allegiance: Kingdom of Pan

Skills:
    Typical consort skills (embroidery, cooking, bossing people around, sweet talking to king, scheme against other ladies, etc).

Background:

She is the eldest daughter of General Yi Weifang (易伟方), who is the Marshal of Eastern Pan. Her two younger brothers General Yi Kai (易凯) and Lieutenant General Yi Quan (易泉). She has two children. One son, Pring Jing (age 13) and one daughter, Princess Fuzhen (age 6).

She is also accompanied by two skillful maids, Lanxi (兰西) and Lanyi(兰意) who have served her since before she entered the palace. Because her family is of military origin, they are both rather skilled in martial arts, lightness skill, and concealed weaponry. They serve as her eyes and ears.

With the arrival of the Princess of Xiwu, she suddenly feels that her position and favor is threatened.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-28-11 at 05:04 PM.

Perhaps I could start off with the Xiwu Princess Yue Fei'er arriving at the Pan Capital (where's that?) with her entourage for the marriage to the new Pan King, and my main character Yue Jiayan will be posing as a maid in the party. Then I could give the background story to the diplomatic marriage either as a flashback or an introductory narration.

What do you guys think?

Anything you like
    Although, I thought the marriage already happened...
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 07-28-11 at 05:19 AM.

Hmm RYY you've been using the a lot recently. I sense something fishy going on around here...

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Perhaps I could start off with the Xiwu Princess Yue Fei'er arriving at the Pan Capital (where's that?) with her entourage for the marriage to the new Pan King, and my main character Yue Jiayan will be posing as a maid in the party. Then I could give the background story to the diplomatic marriage either as a flashback or an introductory narration.

What do you guys think?
    Sure! Sounds good! Especially since I don't really like to write the starting post...

Hmm RYY you've been using the a lot recently. I sense something fishy going on around here...
    You can be sure she's up to no good.

I contacted Extremer, Excelsior, yittz, druid and Single Whip but haven't heard from them.
    how sad. It would have been great to have the core gang back. Plus I feel bad for having single whip and allen be responsible for my character. Perhaps that's why they are not participating? After almost completing reading rpg 2 again, I realize that single whip was the most under appreciated participant. He barely got much recognition for the amount of work that he contributed. Maybe he fears that we will dump this fic on him too? and I still feel bad for breaking my promise ro Allen. And Druid, excelsior, Kidd, and extremer were such great sports and totally went with the flow. I think all of them would have enjoyed this team...I hope they lurk in this thread to see how much we miss them.

I hope this fic doesn't become mainly a power struggle between the concubines as much as I would love to see icy write about that.

Oh, btw, i love the nick name mr. Douchebag...is that referring to ryy's char or the king of pan?
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-28-11 at 11:19 AM.

Oh, btw, i love the nick name mr. Douchebag...is that referring to ryy's char or the king of pan?
    RYY is referring to her character.

I think Mr. Douchebag is going to stop by the inn while he is plotting away on how to steal away Xiwu Princess from the King of Pan
    how did i miss this? great! i'll think of something to get my character to interact with yours. just please don't torture my character too much. she has to be in one peace to participate in the final war/battle.

what's a good name for the inn? serene gardens? whispering willow? ultimate fortune and luxury? you folks decide. it's hard because i'm not chinese so i don't know what's appropriate.
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-28-11 at 12:33 PM.

No torture? But then where is the fun at? j/k

I hope this fic doesn't become mainly a power struggle between the concubines as much as I would love to see icy write about that.
    I hope not...there's only so much Palace power struggle that I can take. Hopefully, most of the power struggle is just a pavement for the downfall of a Kingdom.

it's okay to torture her, just don't allow her to lose a limb or her sight or any part of her body for that matter. feel free to degrade and humiliate her. she can take it!

it's okay to torture her, just don't allow her to lose a limb or her sight or any part of her body for that matter. feel free to degrade and humiliate her. she can take it!
    LOL. Douchebags arn't skillful enough to make her physically injured...they only excel at verbal abuse.

how sad. It would have been great to have the core gang back. Plus I feel bad for having single whip and allen be responsible for my character. Perhaps that's why they are not participating? After almost completing reading rpg 2 again, I realize that single whip was the most under appreciated participant. He barely got much recognition for the amount of work that he contributed. Maybe he fears that we will dump this fic on him too? and I still feel bad for breaking my promise ro Allen. And Druid, excelsior, Kidd, and extremer were such great sports and totally went with the flow. I think all of them would have enjoyed this team...I hope they lurk in this thread to see how much we miss them.
    Yep, and I still feel bad for not letting Druid's characters fight my Big Bad Boss. Oh well.

I hope not...there's only so much Palace power struggle that I can take. Hopefully, most of the power struggle is just a pavement for the downfall of a Kingdom.
    Don't worry. I neither hope to see this become mainly a concubine power struggle nor love to write about that. That part's gonna be fast food for me. The sword that leaves no blood makes the cleanest kill; the girl that blushes makes the sweetest kill.

what's a good name for the inn? serene gardens? whispering willow? ultimate fortune and luxury? you folks decide. it's hard because i'm not chinese so i don't know what's appropriate.
    Wow. How do you manage to name your characters or surf sina.com.cn??

Oh yes, I almost forgot. GX, what censorship rating are you using for this fan-fic?

Here's My character!!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/145/e/b/cang_qing_2_by_valleyhu-d3h6k6d.jpg')

Name: Wang Ai Lang (Wang - King; Ai - Love; Lang - Clear, bright, distinct)
    Hair: Graying
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5'8
    Sect: Unknown
    Weapon: Flexible sword. Usually wrapped around the waist.
    Affiliation: Kingdom of Xiang
    Former favored soldier under the kingdom of Xiang. His wife was killed when Pan armies invaded Xiang. After that, left Xiang and traveled, wandered, to many different kingdoms. He saw really how much people feared Pan. Wang Ai Lang is now in Pan, on the one year anniversary of his wife's (Yu) death. Not much is known about his life before the army, but he's described as being divinely fast with the sword.
    Last edited by Allen D; 08-18-11 at 01:38 AM.
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

woah...icy, is this for your char's sister or for your character? so expect some x-rated scenes???

woo-hoo! allen has finally joined.