Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amy Winehouse and other celebrities

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Regarding Amy Winehouse, I did not make any disrespect comment toward her because what she did was a personal mistake. She harmed herself but no one else and I just pointed out the truth regarding her drugs and alcohol abused.

I am not a blind celebrities worshiper, I would condemn their wrongdoings. Who did I condemn? Michael Jackson?? Yeah, I condemned the guy harshly because he raped/molested children.

I apologized to you regarding my comment about shark fin, but you still haven't apologize to me regarding your personal attack against my family.
    Do you define Amy Winehouse just by her misuse of drugs and alcohol alone? Amy Winehouse, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley - Are you,TC, able to separate the man/woman from the artist that they were and consider how their music has been a good influence to the world and been a part of people's lives? Are you unable to say something you know about them that is good? If you're able to point out the errors and negativity of their actions, can you also point of what good they've done (if they done anything good)?

I just want you to consider a different perspective, instead of just focusing on one thing and continue talking about people like the few things you know about them is what defines them as a whole. Trien Chieu, do you understand what I'm trying to communicate here?

I'm sorry about what I said about you and your family, TC. I sincerely hope you don't have nightmares of sharks eating you because of what I said. I say this because I don't want to be liable for what you dream about at night.

On another thought...

Hope there's no karma for people who eats shark fin, otherwise we meat eaters will probably be included for eating other things besides vegetables. And I hope there's enough sharks in the world, after all that shark fin hunting is done. Not picking on you for it, I just hope your finance can support your appetite.

Another thing I liked to explain: I didn't mean for actual sharks to eat you or your family, but for you to imagine how sharks might feel when they see their shark family being hunted to become his shark fin soup. Of course, the word choices weren't nice and I'm not saying I'm right about this. You sees things one sided, just because sharks aren't human and is a mammal, humans have rights to eat them like they're chicken, beef, fish,pork? At the time, you brought shark fin up, so I continued, which I know I can't take back things that is already posted.

I already said I don't condone Winehouse's drinking and drug use, so you can't say that I'm defending her for drinking/drug use then group me with the bunch of people who were really involved in his shark fin eating. If the you can afford eating shark fin and consider how dangerous it is for the people to go near a shark and provide you with such shark fin eating, by all means you can eat it as you wishes. I just don't care for shark fin like I don't care for snails but the French seem to like it.

This debate between you and I --its done. I hope you have a good weekend.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-29-11 at 08:28 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Bottom line. Lets not mention TC and predict what he will do before he does it. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's not the first time I see TC being mentioned this way. Out of the blue there will be 'I predict TC will..', 'TC will ...', 'TC is going to' etc comment pops up.

Seut Seung was also right to delete the post if it contains personal attack. Looking at bits and piece of information given here, the posts she deleted did contain personal attacks, and off topic too. Seems like a lot of angry exchange has been going on in that thread from both sides.
    I don't want to jump into the fray; but from the bits and pieces here, the only thing that TC said that can be construed as a personal attack is an innuendo that SS is a liberal. (I like liberals, and probably I missed something.) Which she responded with an attack to TC's family members being eaten by sharks. Moderators need to have some discretion in executing their duties, but I fail to see an attack or use of profanity here.

I do not condone TC's opinion - but I think he should have the right to voice his opinion and have the opinion be afforded a certain degree of respect. It is too fragmented to see what happened, but I can see why TC may feel he is being bullied.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Michael Jackson?? Yeah, I condemned the guy harshly because he raped/molested children.
    Actually it was never really proven that he molested them. Yes, the dude's weird, but he's innocent until proven guilty.

IcyFox, RYY, and Suzaku expressed my thoughts perfectly. There's no need to repeat the same stuff over and over again, so let's just hold hands and dance around okie? =)
    Last edited by jadebunny9; 07-29-11 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    I don't want to jump into the fray; but from the bits and pieces here, the only thing that TC said that can be construed as a personal attack is an innuendo that SS is a liberal. (I like liberals, and probably I missed something.) Which she responded with an attack to TC's family members being eaten by sharks. Moderators need to have some discretion in executing their duties, but I fail to see an attack or use of profanity here.
    Did I say the personal attacks come from TC only? I check the Amy Winehouse news thread and I see that all the posts that have personal attacks (TC to SS and vice-versa) has been deleted. So, I said SS was right to delete the posts.

I initially want to point out the attack to family members part, but, from checking the Amy Winehouse thread and reading SS's response here, I am of the belief that SS is also aware that she was not entirely right (she mentioned it somewhere in this thread). So, I didn't voice it out.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-29-11 at 03:42 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Did I say the personal attacks come from TC only? I check the Amy Winehouse news thread and I see that all the posts that have personal attacks (TC to SS and vice-versa) has been deleted. So, I said SS was right to delete the posts.
    No, you did not say the personal attacks only came from TC. And all I'm saying is that the post as TC re-posted in this thread, which SS does not deny as the original post deleted, post #37, does not contain any personal attack towards SS. (Absent an innuendo about SS being a liberal.) Hence, I question your reasoning behind the comment about that post being rightfully deleted.

I appreciate all the effort SS has put into moderating for the past years. It is truly commendable that she has undertaken the duties, without compensation or thanks, for all these years. And I want to take this opportunity to thank all the mods for undertaking this thankless task.

I voiced my opinion already, and I don't see the need to continue dragging up this issue publicly. If you want to continue this discussion, please send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    I voiced my opinion already, and I don't see the need to continue dragging up this issue publicly. If you want to continue this discussion, please send me a PM.
    You specifically quote my post, so, I responded. I don't see any need for further discussion (PM or publicly) because there's nothing more to discuss.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-29-11 at 05:22 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you very much for your lively debate thus far. I believe that there has been a reasonable resolution to some of the issues brought up here, so this thread is now closed. Should you feel the need to discuss this topic further, please send me a PM and I will reopen the thread.

Sincerely
    HuangYushi
    Open Debate Moderator
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!