Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Amy Winehouse and other celebrities

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,641

    Default Amy Winehouse and other celebrities

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yeah, it just kind of struck me with her age being so close to mine. Even if I wasn't her fan, I think I'd still pray and hope she rests in peace.

    I know TC will come in here and give the usual disrespectful rant. Celebrity are people too and any death of a person is sad and should not be disrespected. Winehouse was a singer, not some tyrant or murderer, therefore she shouldn't be insulted even after her death. If she abused alcohol and drugs, it doesn't give you the right to judge her, she's not a saint or a god, so don't expect her to be a perfect human being.
    If you don't want me to post here, that is fine but do not mention my name or talk about me here. I demand you to delete the paragraph that contain my name in it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    I'm against deletions of any kind.

  3. #3
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If you don't want me to post here, that is fine but do not mention my name or talk about me here. I demand you to delete the paragraph that contain my name in it.
    You never had problems before when people mention you - is this just because your earlier disrespectful post in this thread was deleted (probably because it was reported)?
    Suet Seung's posts did not break any forum rules, why would she need to delete them? This is a public forum - people will mention each other. If you don't want to be mentioned, then stop posting disrespectful things, simple as that.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I'm against deletions of any kind.
    She deleted my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    You never had problems before when people mention you - is this just because your earlier disrespectful post in this thread was deleted (probably because it was reported)?
    Suet Seung's posts did not break any forum rules, why would she need to delete them? This is a public forum - people will mention each other. If you don't want to be mentioned, then stop posting disrespectful things, simple as that.
    I didn't have any problem with it as long as I can reply to their comment. It's not right to bully me by deleting my comment and as the same time bashing me. I did not post anything disrespectful, but pointing out the obvious. I guess being politically incorrect is very unpopular around here.

  5. #5
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    She deleted my post.



    I didn't have any problem with it as long as I can reply to their comment. It's not right to bully me by deleting my comment and as the same time bashing me. I did not post anything disrespectful, but pointing out the obvious. I guess being politically incorrect is very unpopular around here.
    I read that post that got deleted. You were being disrespectful to a dead person, not to mention you were making offensive assumptions about Suet Seung herself. If it was deleted, it was because you were inappropriate, not because someone is trying to "bully" you. Furthermore, based on that post, you clearly did not mind being mentioned by others, so quit your whining now. As well, our posts are still here, so you shouldn't have any "problems" with replying to them.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  6. #6
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    The so called "bullying and bashing". It's my thread, I should have a say in what is posted here. And if there should be no bullying or bashing, then there should be no bullying and bashing of the dead. This thread's objective is not meant for people to argue or debate how Amy Winehouse was this or that. But rather to discuss her passing in the utmost respect for a dead person. I've said I don't support or condone her alcohol or drug use, but the alcohol and drug use DO NOT AND ABSOLUTELY DO NOT define the person she was. If people can not get pass her flaws, then whatever they say should be left unsaid. As the saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. Parents teach little kids that, adults should know better to be aware of the situation and simply let a person die in peace instead of CREATING trouble and talking trash about people they don't know personally. FACTS? Are people so blind that they can only see the flaws of a person, but can't see the good in people?

    Must they point out the flaws of a dead person to be happy? Again, This isn't a debate thread or whatever thread, this is a thread to pay the respects to Amy Winehouse. Who knows what difficulties she had that she needed to drink or do what many singer/entertainers and actors/actresses have done before her. We don't know...so we can't really ASSUME the WORST of her. She is a singer who've died. That's all I know and I hope she finds peace.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    She deleted my post.
    Then I'm against it. I'm against any form of authoritarian actions that supresses people's right to express themselves. There should be no exceptions, whether on a messageboard or in the real world.

  8. #8
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Then I'm against it. I'm against any form of authoritarian actions that supresses people's right to express themselves. There should be no exceptions, whether on a messageboard or in the real world.
    Way to miss the point. If you have a problem with the way the board is run, take it up with the administrator. If you're not going to have anything useful or relevant to say in this thread, then kindly leave. This is a thread made to remember a dead musician. Make a new thread about your own concerns if you want.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    Way to miss the point. If you have a problem with the way the board is run, take it up with the administrator. If you're not going to have anything useful or relevant to say in this thread, then kindly leave. This is a thread made to remember a dead musician. Make a new thread about your own concerns if you want.
    The point is, he made a (as far as I know) on point response to this thread and it was deleted. Unless he cursed or SPAMmed or violated any of the rules on this board, his deletion was an arbitrary action with no basis beyond a moderator's personal sensibilities. That is an authoritarian and corrupt abuse of power whether it was done in real life or on a message board.

    P.S.: If you want to moderate this thread, please contact an Administrator and ask to become a Moderator. Personally, I would be scared of the kind of Moderator you would be based on your comments in this thread; more of the same that's already gone one in this thread probably.
    Last edited by Dirt; 07-27-11 at 12:33 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    The point is, he made a (as far as I know) on point response to this thread and it was deleted. Unless he cursed or SPAMmed or violated any of the rules on this board, his deletion was an arbitrary action with no basis beyond a moderator's personal sensibilities. That is an authoritarian and corrupt abuse of power whether it was done in real life or on a message board.

    P.S.: If you want to moderate this thread, please contact an Administrator and ask to become a Moderator. Personally, I would be scared of the kind of Moderator you would be based on your comments in this thread; more of the same that's already gone one in this thread probably.
    Did you even see his post that got deleted? Read my post from before - he clearly DID violate forum rules. He was being disrespectful AND he made some insulting assumptions about Suet Seung herself, which can be considered personal ad hominem attacks. Suet Seung deleted his post because they violated forum rules, not because she is some "corrupt holder of power."

    And please, you don't even know me and my comments in this thread are hardly indication, so save your assumptions about me to yourself.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    It's my thread, I should have a say in what is posted here.
    When I start a thread and I end up not liking what is said in it, do I get to delete the comments I do not like? Is that a power/ability that we can all have and use? That is the question here.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    Did you even see his post that got deleted? Read my post from before - he clearly DID violate forum rules. He was being disrespectful AND he made some insulting assumptions about Suet Seung herself, which can be considered personal ad hominem attacks. Suet Seung deleted his post because they violated forum rules, not because she is some "corrupt holder of power."
    Show me your proof that he violated the rules.

  13. #13
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Show me your proof that he violated the rules.
    If you didn't even read his post, why are you defending him? I already mentioned what he wrote at least twice. If you're that eager to read what TC wrote, ask him to post it word for word, or as SS if she can undo the deleted post.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  14. #14
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    When I start a thread and I end up not liking what is said in it, do I get to delete the comments I do not like? Is that a power/ability that we can all have and use? That is the question here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Show me your proof that he violated the rules.
    Ask TC himself. As much as I detest his disrespect to dead people, he's a person who would not lie about what he said. Dirt, Jaded and I merely spoke about how TC had time and again spoke rudely about the dead, and he came in here and said something about me being against his shark fin eating. I didn't even care and was never involved with his debate with other people of the forum against or for shark fin eating. So where does he get the idea??

    Dirt, This is an entertainment news forum. You can feel free to open a debate thread on the person of Amy Winehouse in the Open Debate thread. But the objective of this thread is not to debate about who or who Amy Winehouse wasn't. Do you understand where I'm coming from here? Now, TC has been coming to these threads in Entertainment News being rude and insulting to the dead. Amy Winehouse isn't the first celebrity to die and be bashed at by the mouth of TC. Do these celebrities deserve to die and have someone who doesn't know them insult them by talking crap they don't know about and just go by hearsay? Really?

    Virtual or reality, would you want somebody coming in to your thread/room and trashing it when the objective is to mourn or discuss someone's passing? I already told you guys, feel free to open a new thread at OPEN DEBATE forum and talk all you want about the morals and stuff.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    You certainly have the ability to have moved his post to Open Debate. But you chose to delete it instead.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    If you didn't even read his post, why are you defending him? I already mentioned what he wrote at least twice. If you're that eager to read what TC wrote, ask him to post it word for word, or as SS if she can undo the deleted post.
    I'm not defending him, I'm defending all of us against arbitrary and personal abuses of power by the Moderators who have been given their positions so they can use their power to arbitrate fairly based on rules. It should not be based on their personal sensibilities or the fact that this is their thread and they have a right to say what can or cannot be posted in it while ignoring the fact that the vast majority of us who are Members and not Moderators do not have the same ability as them. What Suet Seung did was an abuse of power because, based on her own post, she was using it for personal ends; she feels she has a right to decide what can or cannot be posted ignoring the fact that those of us who are Members (including Triend Chiu) do not have that same power over our own threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    The so called "bullying and bashing". It's my thread, I should have a say in what is posted here. And if there should be no bullying or bashing, then there should be no bullying and bashing of the dead. This thread's objective is not meant for people to argue or debate how Amy Winehouse was this or that. But rather to discuss her passing in the utmost respect for a dead person. I've said I don't support or condone her alcohol or drug use, but the alcohol and drug use DO NOT AND ABSOLUTELY DO NOT define the person she was. If people can not get pass her flaws, then whatever they say should be left unsaid. As the saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. Parents teach little kids that, adults should know better to be aware of the situation and simply let a person die in peace instead of CREATING trouble and talking trash about people they don't know personally. FACTS? Are people so blind that they can only see the flaws of a person, but can't see the good in people?

    Must they point out the flaws of a dead person to be happy? Again, This isn't a debate thread or whatever thread, this is a thread to pay the respects to Amy Winehouse. Who knows what difficulties she had that she needed to drink or do what many singer/entertainers and actors/actresses have done before her. We don't know...so we can't really ASSUME the WORST of her. She is a singer who've died. That's all I know and I hope she finds peace.
    Last edited by Dirt; 07-28-11 at 12:44 PM.

  17. #17
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    You certainly have the ability to have moved his post to Open Debate. But you chose to delete it instead.
    Dirt,

    Members can't delete their own posts or other people's posts, but they can sure ask mods delete or edit posts/threads. It has been done. Currently, members have a member they don't like posting in their actor or fave series thread, and we mods are dealing with it.

    I didn't move his posts to the Open Debate forum because it was address to me and Jaded. He wasn't making an objective debate towards Amy Winehouse's morals and values. He came in here complaining about how his name was mentioned for the highly likelihood of him coming in here to disrespect the dead. But were we lying about him disrespecting the dead? No, there are many posts where he's giving no respect towards the dead. And he started to bash Amy Winehouse to spite what Jaded and I said about his probable coming in to do just that.

    Then he pulled out the whole arguement about being against him for eating shark fin, which I've SAID I WAS NEVER INVOLVED in the first place. And he doesn't pull out facts about Amy Winehouse, he just relates what he had heard on hearsay. He just knows one thing about Amy Winehouse and he expands on it and blabs without really using other sources to base his arguement on.

    You claim I'm making posts on sensitivity, well TC was making posts with sensitivity too, otherwise why on earth would he just bring up shark fin eating? You have a personal irk against authority and their power over you, but have it ever occured to you that members can use their own power to make complaints and make groundless claims just because they are fed up with how everyone else in the forum disagrees with their shark fin eating or how they believe Canadian people are superior than everyone else? And every other arguements they've made and everyone else seem to disagree with? TC isn't innocent of all claims you know? Don't let your own bias against people of authority blindsight you against the errors of others.

    I am against him coming in here flaming and bashing at a dead person who can't defend themselves because what? They're dead already. Do dead people deserve the rudeness TC talks about? No.

    If TC had made a post bringing in actual facts and not hearsay, but actual concrete evidence and straightforwardedly presented them, I would have moved those posts over to the Open Debate, but Dirt, he didn't. They were personal posts towards Jaded and I.

    Ask TC, see if he will tell you the honest truth about him mentioning Shark Fin when I never mentioned shark fin once in my original first two posts. So where did he pull that arguement out of? Tell me, Dirt. I'd like to know. And FYI, he came in this thread yesterday but made no posts to step up and say he did mention to me about shark fin eating.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-28-11 at 02:02 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  18. #18
    Senior Member IcyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    I have nothing to contribute to this topic, but I support Dirt's stand. I don't know who you are but kudos for defending the right to freedom of expression.

  19. #19
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    I have nothing to contribute to this topic, but I support Dirt's stand. I don't know who you are but kudos for defending the right to freedom of expression.
    I admit I made the wrong word choice about that thread and the content being mine, and I've rephrase it to what I meant say being that it is a topic to mourn and discuss the death of Amy Winehouse and that this is a Entertainment forum not a debate thread.

    Trien Chieu has all the freedom to post a NEW thread on Amy Winehouse at the Open Debate forum, but he chose to crash my thread and talk about shark fin and etc. So TC is allowed to whine about his shark fin eating and how people are against his political incorrectness.

    TC, Go and run free with your own thread on Amy Winehouse in the Open Debate forum. Talk about her until she comes back alive and actually hears what you say about her. I don't care. Just don't point fingers about me and me being against you eating shark fin when I never even mention once before in the Amy Winehouse thread about you eating shark.

    Would you make the same "personal sensibilities" remark, if I wasn't a woman? Do you support people making comments on the dead, but not even looking up articles or links to back up their talk? Do you support them accusing you of being against their shark fin eating when you never was involved with that? Well, do you? If posts were addressed to everyone else in the public, I might've left it alone, but it wasn't.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-28-11 at 02:38 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  20. #20
    Senior Member IcyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I admit I made the wrong word choice about that thread and the content being mine, and I've rephrase it to what I meant say being that it is a topic to mourn and discuss the death of Amy Winehouse and that this is a Entertainment forum not a debate thread.

    Trien Chieu has all the freedom to post a NEW thread on Amy Winehouse at the Open Debate forum, but he chose to crash my thread and talk about shark fin and etc. So TC is allowed to whine about his shark fin eating and how people are against his political incorrectness.

    TC, Go and run free with your own thread on Amy Winehouse in the Open Debate forum. Talk about her until she comes back alive and actually hears what you say about her. I don't care. Just don't point fingers about me and me being against you eating shark fin when I never even mention once before in the Amy Winehouse thread about you eating shark.
    I'm here to support the right to freedom of expression, not Dirt, and certainly not Trien Chieu. Since there are now 2 threads for this topic, and ironically enough, this is Trien Chieu's thread now; hence I do not see a problem with debating this topic in his thread. Pardon me for pointing out, but perhaps you and xJadedx should leave this thread instead.

Similar Threads

  1. Amy Winehouse (27) Found Dead *new*
    By Suet Seung in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-11, 01:19 PM
  2. Amy Chan
    By om369 in forum Actresses
    Replies: 1339
    Last Post: 06-02-11, 05:56 PM
  3. Female Celebrities' Childhood/Schooldays Pics
    By Lady Zhuge in forum Actresses
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 12-08-09, 03:40 PM
  4. Resemblance of TVB celebrities
    By LilMags051492 in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-19-05, 01:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •