Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Thanks, JoleCole! I was wondering why the series was called that when I haven't found a reason why...

So we got plenty of scenes that implies them doing the deed. Now, so far, all we've seen of the series is that Shao Qian is likes it but all I'm getting from TongXue is that it's torture for her. As it's harder to guess her feelings because we don't really get a first person perspective (like you would in the novel), I want to know...does TongXue enjoy any of it at all or was it simply disgusting and torture for her all the time (like in romance novels, the heroines complain openly about not wanting to do it but once they get going, she's pretty willing=forced seduction)? Someone who has read the novel, please let me know.

Also, to follower members, if Shao Qian was a fat, old man, would our praises of him be different from that fact that's portrayed by Hawick?

How many episodes is the series anyway?
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

Quote Originally Posted by sesshomaru86 View Post
    Thanks, JoleCole! I was wondering why the series was called that when I haven't found a reason why...

So we got plenty of scenes that implies them doing the deed. Now, so far, all we've seen of the series is that Shao Qian is likes it but all I'm getting from TongXue is that it's torture for her. As it's harder to guess her feelings because we don't really get a first person perspective (like you would in the novel), I want to know...does TongXue enjoy any of it at all or was it simply disgusting and torture for her all the time (like in romance novels, the heroines complain openly about not wanting to do it but once they get going, she's pretty willing=forced seduction)? Someone who has read the novel, please let me know.

LOL. I had a feeling this discussion would pop up eventually in the thread. It's going to be a long explanation...hope you girls won't mind it. If you're a minor, please don't read!!

Well...even though the storyline sounds very racy and controversial, there is nothing sexually explicit in the novel and TongXue's narration is filled with dry humor. Readers only get a sense of ShaoQian/TongXue's sexual relationship via few comments that TongXue makes here and there.

Like the drama, the novel opens with TongXue living as ShaoQian's secret mistress for 3 years already. He doesn't come to visit her often, maybe 2-3 times a month, and sometimes he could be away for months. Anyway, it seems after 3 years of being together, we learn through TongXue's eyes that ShaoQian gets overly passionate about lovemaking and she tries to please him as much as she can (cuz she hopes he would get tired of her and eventually let her go). TongXue also comments that ShaoQian is a great kisser and she actually responds to his kisses (unlike the drama), and enjoys his kisses if he's in a good mood (and she acknowledges his good looks too). Sometimes, she would even try to use sex to appease him when he's mad at her (i.e. TongXue's wearing his shirt; before TongXue accidentally knocked down the antique lamp and fell on the shards, she was actually trying to seduce him). So, I guess we can deduce that they have a very passionate sexual relationship, and TongXue is definitely not abhorent to sex with ShaoQian.

However, TongXue later reveals her sexual relationship with ShaoQian was definitely not pleasant during the initial 6 months. There is one extremely controversial scene in the novel that I think the scriptwriter changed and left it sorta ambiguous. ShaoQian lured TongXue to that fake tutoring session, drugged her and took her virginity. Readers were quite confused about why ShaoQian needed to drug TongXue if he wanted to do the deed with her. And guess what the author revealed in her microblog? TongXue is the only woman to ever have intimate relations with ShaoQian. He drugged her cuz he was afraid she would resist and he would make a fool of himself. Shocking isn't it? The author explained that ShaoQian had a very disciplined upbringing and had no time to date/love. He is also a mysophobic (no fooling around with random women), and gets fiercely loyal. Well...After TongXue's unpleasant first time and due to his sexual drive, she was even afraid to look at a bed. It was only later when ShaoQian put some effort to alleviate her fear and she also made an effort to change things that their relationship gradually improved.

How many episodes is the series anyway?
    I think there will be 30 TV episodes

Also, to follower members, if Shao Qian was a fat, old man, would our praises of him be different from that fact that's portrayed by Hawick?
    I think we're pretty superficial and are attracted to beautiful things. Sooo...if it was a fat, ugly man, we would be calling this drama "Sealed our Death with a Nightmare Kiss."
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-28-11 at 01:39 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    WARNING! SPOILER! WARNING! SPOILER!
    I just saw this raw clip of an upcoming kiss scene...not a very romantic one...I'm not sure if it's going to make the final cut...It's from the infamous bathtub tuggle scene...and it gets a little bloody...lol...BEWARE

http://tv.sohu.com/20111027/n323652986.shtml
    Okay, I just found out this scene just got deleted... we won't get it to see it in the drama cuz SARFT won't okay it...Soo...you can check it out if you want...and i could actually hear the director's voice, telling Hawick to kiss Ying'er again...
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-28-11 at 02:36 PM.

I think we're pretty superficial and are attracted to beautiful things. Sooo...if it was a fat, ugly man, we would be calling this drama "Sealed our Death with a Nightmare Kiss."
    MUAHAHAHA... LMAO!! Totally true... And JoleCole, it's all your fault cuz you gave me the idea of Roy playing Shao Qian and now I'm stuck... How will I ever accept Hawick??!!

can't stop laughing LOL wkwkwkwk.. good title

Like the drama, the novel opens with TongXue living as ShaoQian's secret mistress for 3 years already. He doesn't come to visit her often, maybe 2-3 times a month, and sometimes he could be away for months. Anyway, it seems after 3 years of being together, we learn through TongXue's eyes that ShaoQian gets overly passionate about lovemaking and she tries to please him as much as she can (cuz she hopes he would get tired of her and eventually let her go). TongXue also comments that ShaoQian is a great kisser and she actually responds to his kisses (unlike the drama), and enjoys his kisses if he's in a good mood (and she acknowledges his good looks too). Sometimes, she would even try to use sex to appease him when he's mad at her (i.e. TongXue's wearing his shirt; before TongXue accidentally knocked down the antique lamp and fell on the shards, she was actually trying to seduce him). So, I guess we can deduce that they have a very passionate sexual relationship, and TongXue is definitely not abhorent to sex with ShaoQian.

haha.. it actually makes a lot of sense that that the scriptwriter didn't imply that tongxue got any pleasure out of it since hawick is essentially raping her. i mean, grown adults would understand that tongxue would probably be stimulated (from a biological perspective) and thus, get pleasure out of having sex with hawick even if it was forced. but then if it was shown on tv, it would be very hard to clarify her internal struggles, and thus seem kinda weird that she is enjoying this. younger viewers probably wouldn't understand this- and we wouldn't want to condone rape for them.

can someone tell me why tongxue was so afraid to go to the coffee shop in the first episode?
    and i just watch the preview for episode 15, ShaoQian will let her go but why did she came back ?

Quote Originally Posted by laceytamtns View Post
    can someone tell me why tongxue was so afraid to go to the coffee shop in the first episode?
    and i just watch the preview for episode 15, ShaoQian will let her go but why did she came back ?
    I don't think why she is so afraid of the coffee shop too. I mean, she only worked there for a short time and met ShaoQian. Don't think anything bad happened, right? Maybe the drama will explain it later?

I think Shao Qian will use TongXue's uncle again to make her come back to him. But then they're going to get into a really big fight when she finds out he's been using her for revenge. The fight gonna get really intense to the point where ShaoQian finally decides to let her go and out of his life.

P.S. I hate Hunan TV... They show us previews that always end up in the following day's episodes. Anyway...I'm soo excited about ShaoQian versus YongFei showdown!!! Xiao Shan has been boring me...

And in ep.13, I finally get to see evil Mo ShaoQian taunting the ever innocent white rabbit TongXue again...gosh what have become of me?!$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/4d/crazy.gif') I should be pitying TongXue!

Dude, I'm gonna have to laugh at Xiao Shan's lack of screen presence compared to Mo Shao Qian..
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-28-11 at 01:33 PM.

I don't think why she is so afraid of the coffee shop too. I mean, she only worked there for a short time and met ShaoQian. Don't think anything bad happened, right? Maybe the drama will explain it later?

I think Shao Qian will use TongXue's uncle again to make her come back to him. But then they're going to get into a really big fight when she finds out he's been using her for revenge. The fight gonna get really intense to the point where ShaoQian finally decides to let her go and out of his life.

P.S. I hate Hunan TV... They show us previews that always end up in the following day's episodes. Anyway...I'm soo excited about ShaoQian versus YongFei showdown!!! Xiao Shan has been boring me...

And in ep.13, I finally get to see evil Mo ShaoQian taunting the ever innocent white rabbit TongXue again...gosh what have become of me?!$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/4d/crazy.gif') I should be pitying TongXue!

Dude, I'm gonna have to laugh at Xiao Shan's lack of screen presence compared to Mo Shao Qian..
    Hahaha! You enjoy the evil ShaoQuian now and want ask for more, what guilty pleasure! Bathtub kissing was cut but how about the scene TongXue jumping into the tub, is there in the episode? I really want to see it.
    Last edited by darklove; 10-28-11 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklove View Post
    Hahaha! You enjoy the evil ShaoQuian now and want ask for more, what guilty pleasure! Bathtub kissing was cut but how about the scene TongXue jumping into the tub, is there in the episode? I really want to see it.
    I think the bathtub scene is still in the drama, but the lip biting part may be cut.

Preview for Ep.15 and 16:
    http://www.imgo.tv/clip-0-2-2329-211218-222131.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    MUAHAHAHA... LMAO!! Totally true... And JoleCole, it's all your fault cuz you gave me the idea of Roy playing Shao Qian and now I'm stuck... How will I ever accept Hawick??!!
    Even though Hawick isn't as sinfully good looking as Roy, but his acting as Mo ShaoQian is pretty darn good...I wasn't disappointed.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-28-11 at 03:31 PM.

However, TongXue later reveals her sexual relationship with ShaoQian was definitely not pleasant during the initial 6 months. There is one extremely controversial scene in the novel that I think the scriptwriter changed and left it sorta ambiguous. ShaoQian lured TongXue to that fake tutoring session, drugged her and took her virginity. Readers were quite confused about why ShaoQian needed to drug TongXue if he wanted to do the deed with her. And guess what the author revealed in her microblog? TongXue is the only woman to ever have intimate relations with ShaoQian. He drugged her cuz he was afraid she would resist and he would make a fool of himself. Shocking isn't it? The author explained that ShaoQian had a very disciplined upbringing and had no time to date/love. He is also a mysophobic (no fooling around with random women), and gets fiercely loyal. Well...After TongXue's unpleasant first time and due to his sexual drive, she was even afraid to look at a bed. It was only later when ShaoQian put some effort to alleviate her fear and she also made an effort to change things that their relationship gradually improved.

."
    Does anyone think coercion sex equal rape? If she is doing the deed with tears, fear, and unwillingly from the bottom of her heart but still do it physically, is that consider rape?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/681ab3edgw1dmjruw2t9cj.jpg')

Off topic, Hawick is working on another drama from the same author. I think it will be release 2012.

I think hawick lau portrayed this role really well, beyond my expectations because I felt his performance with michelle ye (i'm not so sure what is the name of the show) was lacking and his acting was quite stiff.

I find their role in this 2 shows quite similar because they are both stubborn and are very loyal to their love, where they will only love the female lead in the show and no one else. They both looks strong outside but vulnerable inside.

There's a part where he is gonna struggle and "kick" Tongxue out and I really look forward to see his inner struggle! Looks really sad.

Anyway, Jolecole can you give me the url for the baidu forum where they were discussing about the sexual scenes in this show. I want to understand more about the viewers' opinions. My mother is watching this show now but thank god we are not watching together if not it will be really awkward! She said those sexual scenes are okay as they are in small parts and I have to agree. Like what you have previously said, it's so amazing how they managed to show the intensity in a few seconds.

i just watch a trailer
    and i notice that there is contract between mo shiaoqian and his wife i think
    its about that he cannot tell anyone that they are fake couple,if he does then he dosent get what he wants
    someone know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by laceytamtns View Post
    i just watch a trailer
    and i notice that there is contract between mo shiaoqian and his wife i think
    its about that he cannot tell anyone that they are fake couple,if he does then he dosent get what he wants
    someone know about this?
    There's a secret contract between ShaoQian and YongFei about their fake marriage. If ShaoQian discloses to a 3rd party about their fake marriage, he would have to forfeit his wealth. I'm not sure what would happen to YongFei if she is the one who discloses the secret.

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    Anyway, Jolecole can you give me the url for the baidu forum where they were discussing about the sexual scenes in this show. I want to understand more about the viewers' opinions. My mother is watching this show now but thank god we are not watching together if not it will be really awkward! She said those sexual scenes are okay as they are in small parts and I have to agree. Like what you have previously said, it's so amazing how they managed to show the intensity in a few seconds.
    There are actually quite a few threads that discuss ShaoQian/TongXue's sex life. The viewer comments are hilarious. You should browse the Qian Shan Mu Xue TV drama Baidu forum. Here are a few that I managed to find...

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1258960098
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1258851064
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1261789364
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1260228475?pn=1

There's a part where he is gonna struggle and "kick" Tongxue out and I really look forward to see his inner struggle! Looks really sad.
    Yep, I just watched that part in ep.16. ShaoQian finally "kicks" TongXue out cuz he wants keep her away YongFei's machination. Since YongFei already knows about TongXue's existence, it's better that ShaoQian now keeps his distance away from TongXue...

For me...this is probably the most touching scene in the novel...I hope this scene in the drama doesn't disappoint me...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/71a839a7tw1dmlcrj0877j.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-29-11 at 01:37 PM.

Straight up loving this drama! I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of Mainland dramas this year. From Bu Bu Jing Xin and now Sealed With A Kiss...kudos to the authors of the original novel and writers of the drama for bringing to life the story and characters.

Just one more week to go! I really want Shao Qian and Tong Xue to have their happily ever after in the drama. They deserve it.
    因為愛, 我才卸下偽裝♥不再當放羊的小孩

There are actually quite a few threads that discuss ShaoQian/TongXue's sex life. The viewer comments are hilarious. You should browse the Qian Shan Mu Xue TV drama Baidu forum. Here are a few that I managed to find...

Yep, I just watched that part in ep.16. ShaoQian finally "kicks" TongXue out cuz he wants keep her away YongFei's machination. Since YongFei already knows about TongXue's existence, it's better that ShaoQian now keeps his distance away from TongXue...

For me...this is probably the most touching scene in the novel...I hope this scene in the drama doesn't disappoint me...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/71a839a7tw1dmlcrj0877j.jpg')
    I actually read some of the comments and it is quite hilarious. But one thing that caught my attention was someone pointed out that Xiaoshan was worst than Shaoqian, who was faithful to his love.

你们这样想。。。不过一点都不现实啊。。。萧山连不爱的女人都。。。禽兽反而不是禽兽了。。。

...which is quite true. Is the child Xiaoshan's one? I mean if they never did it before, I'm sure Xiaoshan will know that her child is not his... so he did it with Zixian although they didn't admit their relationship.

Sometimes I find Xiaoshan so vulnerable and doesn't face up to reality. In episode 13/14, Zixian ran away and Tongxue wanted to chase after her to explain/apologise to her but Xiaoshan actually held her back. He is so indecisive, not responsible and don't face up to reality.

I read and skip some chapters of the novel but I think the most touching part of this drama is:

1. the coming part where Shaoqian chase Tongxue out to protect her. (I thought he wanted to give her freedom but it was actually to protect her? In both case, it is still very touching. Shaoqian really love her. I also like the fact that Shaoqian doesn't lie to his female partner that he actually missed the flight for Tongxue and it is not part of the plot to give Yongfei's father the impression he is neglecting his work for a woman. I mean, he is honest, right? He doesn't hide.)

2. the part where they go to the beach and Shaoqian actually gave up his revenge plan to be with Tongxue for a few days in the beach. That's the place where Tongxue actually started to have some feelings with Shaoqian and they kissed each other willingly for the first time.

3. the part where Shaoqian took a photo, hugging Tongxue near to his chest.

4. I like the Shaoqian's point of view where he stated that when he was always tired, his chauffeur will tell him to go home (Tongxue and his) and have a break but Tongxue never treated it as her home. So heartaching.

Also, why is the housekeeper and chauffeur so loyal to Shaoqian? Just because he treats them good or what. :O I'm glad that they actually sees that Shaoqian actually loves Tongxue.

hahaha. I like writing my views and so glad that this forum exists because this is the only English forum that updates regularly! I read chinese but sometimes I find baidu forum so messy and the comments are so short, spread out and so many pages for me to actually pick out a good page to read. It's good for some laughter though. I have been watching TVB dramas all along and always hated mainland dramas because I thought they were cliche but ever since the standard of TVB dramas dropped, I have decided to follow ex-TVB actors or taiwan actors to mainland dramas. Heh, I think the quality is much better (they spend more on the production and clothings like Qing Shi Huang Fei). But I will still watch some TVB dramas especially the big production because they are always amazing. Anyway, I am so jealous of bu bu jing xin! Their fans actually make really pretty pictures for them, with special photoshop effects.

My previous comment didn't got published. I will just shorten my previous long comment, and I learnt my lesson. I must copy next time I write a long comment!!!

Thanks Jolecole for your url I think it's quite hilarious heh I am quite lazy to find pages in baidu because there are so many pages and I don't know how to select the good and interesting pages to read amongst them. So I am really glad that this forums regularly updates in English heh. I can read Chinese too but English is much easier for me to digest and baidu is quite "messy" to me. English forums are much neater and placed in one page.

One of them actually said that Xiaoshan was worse than Shaoqian. I agree, because Shaoqian remained faithful to his love while Xiaoshan actually did that deed with Zhixian who always denied their relationship. IF you don't love her, why would you even do it? And I am quite sure Xiaoshan actually did it if not he would have rebuke Zhixian that the child is not his. He did it and therefore, there is a possibility that Zhixian was pregnant.

One comment said: 你们这样想。。。不过一点都不现实啊。。。萧山连不爱的女人都。。。禽兽反而不是禽兽了。。。

Some touching parts I think:
    1. Shaoqian chase Tongxue out to protect her. I thought Shaoqian wanted to return her freedom but in both case, it is still very touching because although Shaoqian knows he will miss her but he is willing to let her go to prevent her from getting any hurt.

2. Shaoqian gives up his revenge plan to help Tongxue's friend. In return, Tongxue spend a few days with him at the beach. It is also the place where Tongxue realise that she actually has some feelings with Shaoqian and they kissed one another willingly!

3. Shaoqian hugs Tongxue near to his chest and Tongxue actually smiled - something she never thought. She never thought she could be so peaceful and at ease when with Shaoqian.

4. Shaoqian's point of view where when he was tired, his chauffeur will ask him to go back home to take a break and rest but ironically, Tongxue never treated that place as her home before.

5. Shaoqian sending the message - 我爱你. Enough for a girl to melt!! That is something that is out of Shaoqian's character, proving that he really loved Tongxue. He kept his love deep in his heart.

One more question: Why is the housekeeper and the chauffeur so faithful to Shaoqian? Just because he treated them good?? But it is really nice to see some people knowing that Shaoqian actually loves Tongxue deep in his heart.

Also, mainland productions are getting better! I always hated mainland productions and loved TVB productions (I'm a big fan of TVB since young) but this year, TVB dramas are really horrendous... even Forensic Heroes III turned out disappointing. I guess I must really wait for the big productions... (like the Great Eunuch 太监 where Wayne Lai was supposed to act with Mi Xue but I think they changed the female lead now. So sad! Mi Xue is a great actress who can convey her expressions and feelings really well.) I think one part is the fact that ex-TVB/Hongkong/Taiwan people are going to mainland to act... and they are mostly good actors. It's nice to see familiar people acting in mainland productions. Mainland productions also spend a lot of money on the clothings (especially for ancient shows). It actually made me felt so disappointed with TVB because their ancient clothings are so lao tu/cliche now. T__T""
    Last edited by ycdahiong; 10-29-11 at 02:42 PM.

There's a secret contract between ShaoQian and YongFei about their fake marriage. If ShaoQian discloses to a 3rd party about their fake marriage, he would have to forfeit his wealth. I'm not sure what would happen to YongFei if she is the one who discloses the secret.

I will just shorten my previous long comment. That's like my first longest comment I ever made!

Thanks for your url I think it's quite hilarious heh

One of them actually said that Xiaoshan was worst than Shaoqian. I agree, because Shaoqian remained faithful to his love while Xiaoshan actually did that deed with Zhixian who always denied their relationship. IF you don't love her, why would you even do it? And I am quite sure Xiaoshan actually did it if not it will rebuke Zhixian that the child is not his. He did it and so there is a possibility that Zhixian was pregnant.

One comment said: 你们这样想。。。不过一点都不现实啊。。。萧山连不爱的女人都。。。禽兽反而不是禽兽了。。。

Some touching parts I think:
    1. Shaoqian chase Tongxue out to protect her. I thought Shaoqian wanted to return her freedom but in both case, it is still very touching because Shaoqian knows he will miss her and all that but he is willing to let her go to prevent her from getting any hurt.

2. Shaoqian gives up his revenge plan to help Tongxue's friend. In return, Tongxue spend a few days with him at the beach. It is also the place where Tongxue realise that she actually has some feelings with Shaoqian and they kissed one another willingly!

3. Shaoqian hugs Tongxue near to his chest and Tongxue actually smiled - something she never thought. She never thought she could be so peaceful and at ease when with Shaoqian.

4. Shaoqian's point of view where when he was tired, his chauffeur will ask him to go back home to take a break and rest but ironically, Tongxue never treated that place as her home before.

5. Shaoqian sending the message. Enough for a girl to melt!!!

One more question: why is the housekeeper and the chauffeur so faithful to Shaoqian? Just because he treated them good?? But it is really nice to see some people knowing that Shaoqian actually loves Tongxue deep in his heart.

Also, mainland productions are getting better! I always hated mainland productions and loved TVB productions (I'm a big fan of TVB since young) but this year, TVB dramas are really horrendous... even Forensic Heroes III turned out disappointing. I guess I must really wait for the big productions... (like the Great Eunuch 太监 where Wayne Lai was supposed to act with Mi Xue but I think they changed the female lead now. So sad! Mi Xue is a great actress who can convey her expressions and feelings really well.) I think one part is the fact that ex-TVB/Hongkong/Taiwan people are going to mainland to act... and they are mostly good actors. It's nice to see familiar people acting in mainland productions. Mainland productions also spend a lot of money on the clothings (especially for ancient shows). It actually made me felt so disappointed with TVB because their ancient clothings are so lao tu/cliche now. T__T""