Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Quote Originally Posted by laceytamtns View Post
    no its not aired yet
    it was on a trailer

i just finished reading the spoilers from epi 19-25 and i think it not a happy end
    if someone want to read it
    here -->http://www.tvmao.com/drama/UixwWQ==/episode/6
    mandarin..., i need extra iq and time to read it
    appreciate people/things around us, because we never know for how long they can stay for us, at least when they gone, we are easier to let them go

no its not aired yet
    it was on a trailer

i just finished reading the spoilers from epi 19-25 and i think it not a happy end
    mandarin.....i need extra iq n time to read it:P
    appreciate people/things around us, because we never know for how long they can stay for us, at least when they gone, we are easier to let them go

no its not aired yet
    it was on a trailer

mandarin.......i need extra IQ and time to read it

Just finished 19 & 20, want to see more screen of ShaoQian & Tong Xue. So sad to see ShaoQian heart broken. It would be nice if TongXue can comfort him.

i noticed that too cuz they made such a big sharp focus on the shoes....
    sigh...production should be more thorough with the costume...

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    Just finished 19 & 20, want to see more screen of ShaoQian & Tong Xue. So sad to see ShaoQian heart broken. It would be nice if TongXue can comfort him.
    Where did you watch these episodes so early?
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

you can watch it on youtube

someone know why shaoqian still keeps the redstone ring and always looks at it
    is there a meaning?
    Last edited by laceytamtns; 10-31-11 at 06:54 PM.

The fighting scene bw YongFei and XianZhi is interesting =D, when I was watching that part, I was like YeaH...You Go Girl ! HAHA
    After the fighting scene bw YongFei and XianZhi, I changed my view a little about Xian Zhi ^^.
    After all XiaoShan still on the black list.
    anyway, I really really like this drama and can't wait to watch tomorrow eps ^__~
    Last edited by FTdream; 10-31-11 at 07:40 PM.

My thoughts on the recent episodes. I started feeling sorry for YongFei. The part where she cries in ZhengFei's arms was really moving. It was also extremely sad that just when she thought she had a chance with SQ, he asked to get a divorce. But just as you start feeling really sorry for her, she's back to her evil character again in episode 19...

I was disappointed with the scene where TX cooks for SQ. While it was meant to be a warm scene, I felt there wasn't enough interaction between the two, not to mention the whole time I was thinking, why is she wearing her oversized blue jacket under her apron?? And sitting down to eat a meal, she's still wearing the big jacket. I'm pretty sure it's not cold inside since SQ's down to wearing his vest. Her hair tied back is also not very flattering and makes her look old. That green oversized sweater she wore in ep 2 that appeared all over entertainment news on the web reappeared again in a different colour. Whoever handled costumes really need to go back and learn basics. TV series are meant to be about storyline, audio, good acting and good visual appeal. I don't deny the storyline is good, but as a readaption to the novel, I'm disappointed with the overall quality of the drama because fine details have really not been thought through. I'll discontinue my rant as I am still enjoying the drama overall, I guess I just expected more of the drama.

I only noticed a interesting connection today: XZ loves XS, who doesn't reciprocate; YF loves SQ, who doesn't reciprocate; XZ and YF are partners in crime while XS and SQ are rivals for TX's love. LOL, what a complicated web. On another note, I find the dog such a scene stealer...so adorable and cute.

Preview for Ep.21, 22
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE4MTA5MjIw.html

I just found out this drama will only have 28 TV episodes instead of the original 30...
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Preview for Ep.21, 22
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE4MTA5MjIw.html

I just found out this drama will only have 28 TV episodes instead of the original 30...
    tomorrow eps will be exciting. Oh it even cut back 2 eps. I even want more than 30EPS.
    Thanks JC.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Where did you watch these episodes so early?
    from here. http://www.100pd.com/Domestic/Scene/qianshanmuxue/

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    tomorrow eps will be exciting. Oh it even cut back 2 eps. I even want more than 30EPS.
    Thanks JC.
    I know, huh? SWAK is one of the few C-dramas where I enjoy watching every episode and it will definitely become one of my favorites... if the ending is satisfying. I honestly don't want it to end so quickly cuz I want more ShaoQian and TongXue's scenes! I love to watch their interactions, even when ShaoQian taunts her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    My thoughts on the recent episodes. I started feeling sorry for YongFei. The part where she cries in ZhengFei's arms was really moving. It was also extremely sad that just when she thought she had a chance with SQ, he asked to get a divorce. But just as you start feeling really sorry for her, she's back to her evil character again in episode 19...
    Despite being super evil, I actually really like YongFei. Unlike some of the evil female villains in K-dramas whom I absolutely hate, YongFei has my pity and I don't mind watching her scenes. It's characters like Xiao Shan that I dislike. I know he's a good guy and has a good heart and want to do good things, but his inaction and indecisiveness really gets on my nerve. Well...I'm biased since I have a tendency not to like 2nd male leads. :P

I was disappointed with the scene where TX cooks for SQ. While it was meant to be a warm scene, I felt there wasn't enough interaction between the two, not to mention the whole time I was thinking, why is she wearing her oversized blue jacket under her apron?? And sitting down to eat a meal, she's still wearing the big jacket. I'm pretty sure it's not cold inside since SQ's down to wearing his vest. Her hair tied back is also not very flattering and makes her look old. That green oversized sweater she wore in ep 2 that appeared all over entertainment news on the web reappeared again in a different colour. Whoever handled costumes really need to go back and learn basics. TV series are meant to be about storyline, audio, good acting and good visual appeal. I don't deny the storyline is good, but as a readaption to the novel, I'm disappointed with the overall quality of the drama because fine details have really not been thought through. I'll discontinue my rant as I am still enjoying the drama overall, I guess I just expected more of the drama.
    I sorta followed the shooting process for this drama and remember someone mentioning that that house they used as ShaoQian/TongXue's residence lack hot water and heating. Pretty much everyone was working in below freezing weather indoor... Even the infamous bathtub scene, they had to boil the hot water separately and carry back to the bathroom for Hawick.

I guess Hawick could stand the cold weather and not wear his coat while he filmed, but Ying'er was probably freezing her butt off and didn't want to take off her coat.

It's also such a great PITY that this drama has such a great script but the art direction utterly failed (bad fashion sense, groofs, etc.) and not refined in the details. I absolutely love some of the dialogues in this drama, especially the lines spoken by Mo ShaoQian. I know the director, cast, and crew members worked really hard to complete this drama, but apparently the producers were the ones at fault for not providing sufficient funds and good management. This series did not get the attention and monetary support that BBJX, new HZGG, and Qing Shi Huang Fei did. What's driving the success of this drama comes mostly from the acting and writing.

I only noticed a interesting connection today: XZ loves XS, who doesn't reciprocate; YF loves SQ, who doesn't reciprocate; XZ and YF are partners in crime while XS and SQ are rivals for TX's love. LOL, what a complicated web. On another note, I find the dog such a scene stealer...so adorable and cute.
    I heard that poor puppy died during the filming process or shortly thereafter cuz the weather got too COLD... So, the poor puppy's death shows what kind of bad environment the cast and crew were working in.

Okay..this is for those who can read Chinese. Check out the captions that Sohu came up with for each of these scenes....Can I say "shocking ingenuity"?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6751addctw1dmnnbof4imj.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-31-11 at 10:09 PM.

^ Wow, really? the puppy really died?

I think the same incident happened in "Too Late to Say I Love You." Someone mentioned in the thread that a puppy died while filming also due to the cold conditions. And that one didn't even have a sweater. Poor puppies. TT_TT

So that means Friday we'll get the finale. I REALLY hope they give us a good ending...I think I'd cry my eyes out if Shao Qian and Tong Xue don't get their happily ever after. My tear ducts were maxed out with BBJX; I can't handle another one.
    因為愛, 我才卸下偽裝♥不再當放羊的小孩

Quote Originally Posted by aggiesbaby View Post
    So that means Friday we'll get the finale. I REALLY hope they give us a good ending...I think I'd cry my eyes out if Shao Qian and Tong Xue don't get their happily ever after. My tear ducts were maxed out with BBJX; I can't handle another one.
    I don't think this drama will end with such a tragic note like BBJX since the novel itself ended pretty happily. The worst they can do is give us an open ending.... How about this...if this drama ends with an "unsatisfying" ending, I will translate the happily ever after epilogue about Mo ShaoQian and TongXue's married life for you all to read...
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-31-11 at 10:06 PM.

Sealed with a Kiss most successful of a string of internet novel adaptation

Remember almost three years ago, when we were so excited that Summer of Bubbles was one of the first internet novel-turned-dramas to be made? Well, Chinese entertainment moves fast, and now they’re all over the place. If you need proof, just look at the Hunan TV. The past three dramas they’ve broadcasted – Tangren’s Bu Bu Jing Xin, Ruby Lin’s Introduction of a Princess, and Hawick Lau’s Sealed with a Kiss – have all been internet novel adaptations.

Of all of them, Sealed with a Kiss has definitely proven to be the best one by a long shot. With an engaging yet believable script that’s infinitely superior to the fanfic-like novel, the drama tells of an alternative tale from the perspective of “the third wheel.” Main character Xue’er is the type of women you would generally want to murder in most dramas – a third wheel in a relationship. However, she has a tale of her own to tell. Perfected by the looks and acting of Hawick Lau, Mo Shaoqian is a handsome businessmen who entered into a loveless marriage years ago for business. Three years ago, he blackmailed Xue’er to be his mistress as a part of a secret revenge plot. Could love blossom in the most unlikely of relationships?

But as you watch the drama, keep in mind a carpe diem: fiction is fiction, and if you meet anyone like Hawick’s character, call the police immediately. Watch it in HD from wthanfu@Youtube here. Of course, it’s not the epitome of filmmaking, and the girl’s wardrobe could be better, but it’s by far one of the best Asian dramas I’ve seen in a year.

For idol dramas, this certainly solves the previously common question of “why so many remakes,” as there are endless number of internet novels to chose from. Of course, most of them are bad, but at least half of them are better than Introduction of a Princess, and a great deal are better than Sealed with a Kiss. All you need is a good scriptwriter for the story to excel on TV.

The influence of the Internet novel boom on film and TV has always been something that I’ve been excited about since the Summer of Bubbles adaptation, but it is only this year that the boom has translated into a real boom in the television market. Now, I think it’s definitely true that a large portion of television dramas are getting their stories from internet novels when they would’ve been from remakes or foreign manga. After the Secret History of Wu Zetian, Hunan TV’s next series will be another modern drama based on an Internet tale. Upcoming next year are at least two more Hunan TV productions based on Internet novels. Qing-dynasty intrigue series stars New My Fair Princess’s Little Swallow Li Sheng and Yu Zheng’s Mickey He while modern Hua Kan Ban Xia is a coproduction between Mango Films and Li Shaohong.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cfensi.dramaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ea0c1cc743bad68fd00060fa.jpg')
    Hawick Lau and newish actress Ying'er depicts an abusive relationship in Sealed with a Kiss
    http://cfensi.dramaddicts.com/forum/...tion/#comments

I don't think this drama will end with such a tragic note like BBJX since the novel itself ended pretty happily. The worst they can do is give us an open ending.... How about this...if this drama ends with an "unsatisfying" ending, I will translate the happily ever after epilogue about Mo ShaoQian and TongXue's married life for you all to read...
    I rather it has open ending than tragic ending. But of course hope it has a happy ending.

I LOVED the epilogue! It was sweet beyond imagination and then the final part with the airport video footage *tears of joy*

I can't wait to see the final episodes, namely the getaway scenes with Shao Qian and Tong Xue.
    因為愛, 我才卸下偽裝♥不再當放羊的小孩

Can somebody summarize ShaoQian and TongXue's scenes in episode 19 and 20? Does Shao Qian know Tong Xue didn't purpose kill the baby and that it was an accident instead? Thanks! =)