Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    wow...isn't it expensive buying it from China? I just downloaded the text version online and read it on my kindle...hahaha...My next marathon after SWAK is your Waking Love Up.

Preview for 27, 28 (ENDING)
    http://www.imgo.tv/clip-0-2-2329-212489-223409.shtml
    Well the book wasn't expensive but the shipping was not cheap hahahahahaha.... BUT I have something against reading books on a screen, so I need to hold the book in my hand... So that's the price to pay.... hahaha.... I read the first few pages and really liked it... I usually read English books but this one looks pretty good... I think I can get into it.... (I'm at the part in the beginning where Tong Xue runs home from shopping after Shao Qian gives her a call and then he comes home and calls her fat...) I like Tong Xue's thoughts... she sounds sarcastically humorous... just my cup of tea!

YAYAYAYAY You are watching Waking Up Love next??!?!?! Yayayayayay!!! I expect to see you in the thread soon hahahahaa... just get past the first 7 episodes... it's worth it....

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    Well the book wasn't expensive but the shipping was not cheap hahahahahaha.... BUT I have something against reading books on a screen, so I need to hold the book in my hand... So that's the price to pay.... hahaha.... I read the first few pages and really liked it... I usually read English books but this one looks pretty good... I think I can get into it.... (I'm at the part in the beginning where Tong Xue runs home from shopping after Shao Qian gives her a call and then he comes home and calls her fat...) I like Tong Xue's thoughts... she sounds sarcastically humorous... just my cup of tea!
    After you read the novel, you should take the drama has a different piece of work. The drama definitely deviates a lot from the original novel due to restrictions/censorship from SARFT. The character of TongXue in the drama seems very different from TongXue in the novel since much of the drama's focus is now on Mo ShaoQian. I know a lot of people don't like Ying'er's portrayal and find her unattractive, but I came to like her a lot. I grew accustomed to her looks. I know she may not be the most beautiful actress out there but I definitely prefer her freshness over more well-established actresses.

P.S. man...I just read the scriptwriter's microblog...she's giving me terrible vibes. I'm so afraid it's going to end tragically... NOOOOOOOO!!! Praying for a happy ending!!!
    Need to stop being lazy...

So, I tried watching this drama, but my Chinese is very limited and this is one of those shows where you have to understand to actually appreciate it, I think. Right now I am just skipping thru to scenes w/ TongXue and ShaoQian. I am glad they didn't keep that bloody kiss scene...w/out that scene, their relationship is already too dysfunctional for my taste....with that....

I agree with everyone who said TongXue's fashion sense is questionable in here. Do you think she dress that way as an outlet for rebellion? Other characters are dressed fine, so why is her style so ?

I think I will wait for viet-dub or eng-sub and give this show another chance...right now I am just
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    So, I tried watching this drama, but my Chinese is very limited and this is one of those shows where you have to understand to actually appreciate it, I think. Right now I am just skipping thru to scenes w/ TongXue and ShaoQian. I am glad they didn't keep that bloody kiss scene...w/out that scene, their relationship is already too dysfunctional for my taste....with that....

I agree with everyone who said TongXue's fashion sense is questionable in here. Do you think she dress that way as an outlet for rebellion? Other characters are dressed fine, so why is her style so ?

I think I will wait for viet-dub or eng-sub and give this show another chance...right now I am just
    Oh...how far did you get? I know Viki just finished the translation for Ep. 1 (and I'm working on ep. 3)...did you watch that episode 1 with English sub? I think one of the best attributes about this series is the dialogue. I love this scriptwriter! She managed to come up with some really sharp and witty lines...I'm afraid some of the dark humor and brilliance may be lost in translation.

After you read the novel, you should take the drama has a different piece of work. The drama definitely deviates a lot from the original novel due to restrictions/censorship from SARFT. The character of TongXue in the drama seems very different from TongXue in the novel since much of the drama's focus is now on Mo ShaoQian. I know a lot of people don't like Ying'er's portrayal and find her unattractive, but I came to like her a lot. I grew accustomed to her looks. I know she may not be the most beautiful actress out there but I definitely prefer her freshness over more well-established actresses.

P.S. man...I just read the scriptwriter's microblog...she's giving me terrible vibes. I'm so afraid it's going to end tragically... NOOOOOOOO!!! Praying for a happy ending!!!
    But there's the happy epilogue!!! They can't just ignore that??!?!

Oh btw, I am trying to find a good site to watch TVB series in US.... EVERYTHING is BLOCKED! UGHHGHGHGH!!! JoleCole, you and your infinite TV wisdom, do you know of any good sites to watch TVB dramas in the States?? I've been meaning to catch this Ghetto Justice show that I have heard people talk about....

Oh btw, I am trying to find a good site to watch TVB series in US.... EVERYTHING is BLOCKED! UGHHGHGHGH!!! JoleCole, you and your infinite TV wisdom, do you know of any good sites to watch TVB dramas in the States?? I've been meaning to catch this Ghetto Justice show that I have heard people talk about....
    I actually finished watching Ghetto Justice right before SWAK. LOL...AliceChen's World has the whole drama uploaded on her blog and this Chinese site also has a lot of TVB series.

http://www.100pd.com/HongKong/TVB/nuhuojietou/

Oh...how far did you get? I know Viki just finished the translation for Ep. 1 (and I'm working on ep. 3)...did you watch that episode 1 with English sub? I think one of the best attributes about this series is the dialogue. I love this scriptwriter! She managed to come up with some really sharp and witty lines...I'm afraid some of the dark humor and brilliance may be lost in translation.
    I started watching somewhere in the middle, but mostly just jumping from scene to scene for spoilers...I feel somewhat guilty for enjoying some of ShaoQian's more intense moments, but there are other times when I am like "whoa, dude...you really should chill."

I will wait for more subbed episodes before watching those, b/c if this is as addicting as others say, I want to make sure I have enough episodes to at least occupy a whole weekend

From the bits that I have seen, I think my fave characters are ShaoQian, his driver and housekeeper, his mother, and TongXue's best friend. My least fave characters are TongXue's ex-boyfriend and the two people that keep egging ShaoQian on (have not figure out how they fit into the great scheme of things). I dislike the latter because the guy caused TongXue to miscarry her baby and the lady goaded ShaoQian's mother which further aggravated her health. Perhaps, when I do rewatch and understand what's going on, my opinion will change.

Fingers crossed for a happy ending...but then, w/ ShaoQian's mood-swings, who knows if a happy ending would last
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I actually finished watching Ghetto Justice right before SWAK. LOL...AliceChen's World has the whole drama uploaded on her blog and this Chinese site also has a lot of TVB series.

http://www.100pd.com/HongKong/TVB/nuhuojietou/
    Ooooo thanks JoleCole! I know I can count on you!!

Hey I was wondering if I can get the book in Singapore or is it only sold in china? I actually downloaded the txt but I also like reading it as a book.

The last episode looks so intense. I'm glad that they showed how tongxue gradually loves him and abruptly (maybe in the last epi etc. Glad they show how tongxue showed her love by returning the kiss). The voice dub for tongxue cries in a horrible way. Why must china always dub ALL their shows?

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    Hey I was wondering if I can get the book in Singapore or is it only sold in china? I actually downloaded the txt but I also like reading it as a book.
    Not sure if major bookstores are selling FWSC novels but u can always order from chinese bookstore at Bras Basah, usually arrive within 2 months. Btw there are copies of the novel in local libraries too...

The last episode looks so intense. I'm glad that they showed how tongxue gradually loves him and abruptly (maybe in the last epi etc. Glad they show how tongxue showed her love by returning the kiss). The voice dub for tongxue cries in a horrible way. Why must china always dub ALL their shows?
    I bought mine through taobao.com through an intermediary (since you need to have a Chinese credit card to buy from taobao)... there are a few intermediaries I use and they ship worldwide, so if you need recommendations, let me know. Also, dangdang.com ships worldwide as well and they carry FWSC and many other authors' novels, among a lot of other things, their shipping price is 50% of the product cost, which isn't bad at all, considering a book in China is pretty darn cheap (relative to the Western countries). Hope this helps!

Regarding the dubbing in China... I have a feeling it's for the following reasons:
    1. It's cheaper to dub - why? Because in a live recording, not only can the crew not talk at all (which includes the fact that directors can't yell at the actors while they are filming), they have to process out all the extraneous noises before they sync it with the video feed... so it's a lot of work... and.... (I think this other reason is even more important)...
    2. Actors are from different regions in China... so you have Taiwan, Mainland, and HK actors... and even in Mainland, there are many different regions... with all these regions, the Mandarin is distinctly different... it is VERY ODD to have different sounding Mandarin in one drama (especially the strong Taiwanese and HK accents...), trust me, it will kill the drama especially if someone has a huge accent and are pretending to be from (FILL IN THE BLANK THE LOCATION OF THE STORY)...

So that's the reasoning for the dubbing... I actually am ok with most dubbing, some of them work out very well (aka BBJX's dubbing... EXCELLENT... 4th Prince's voice just nails the role.... Nicky Wu's real life voice not only has a huge Taiwanese accent, but also lacks the steeliness that the 4th Prince persona should have...

I bought mine through taobao.com through an intermediary (since you need to have a Chinese credit card to buy from taobao)... there are a few intermediaries I use and they ship worldwide, so if you need recommendations, let me know. Also, dangdang.com ships worldwide as well and they carry FWSC and many other authors' novels, among a lot of other things, their shipping price is 50% of the product cost, which isn't bad at all, considering a book in China is pretty darn cheap (relative to the Western countries). Hope this helps!

Regarding the dubbing in China... I have a feeling it's for the following reasons:
    1. It's cheaper to dub - why? Because in a live recording, not only can the crew not talk at all (which includes the fact that directors can't yell at the actors while they are filming), they have to process out all the extraneous noises before they sync it with the video feed... so it's a lot of work... and.... (I think this other reason is even more important)...
    2. Actors are from different regions in China... so you have Taiwan, Mainland, and HK actors... and even in Mainland, there are many different regions... with all these regions, the Mandarin is distinctly different... it is VERY ODD to have different sounding Mandarin in one drama (especially the strong Taiwanese and HK accents...), trust me, it will kill the drama especially if someone has a huge accent and are pretending to be from (FILL IN THE BLANK THE LOCATION OF THE STORY)...

So that's the reasoning for the dubbing... I actually am ok with most dubbing, some of them work out very well (aka BBJX's dubbing... EXCELLENT... 4th Prince's voice just nails the role.... Nicky Wu's real life voice not only has a huge Taiwanese accent, but also lacks the steeliness that the 4th Prince persona should have...
    I tried to buy the book at dangdang.com but it seems that I have to use credit card. Can I use paypal instead? Btw, are you from china and how much did you pay for the book? thanks!

Sometimes, I find dub voice okay but in crying scenes, they just can't dub that well.

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh View Post
    Not sure if major bookstores are selling FWSC novels but u can always order from chinese bookstore at Bras Basah, usually arrive within 2 months. Btw there are copies of the novel in local libraries too...
    I went online and just found out there are many bookstores in Bras Basah. Never knew it haha. I will go there if I can't buy it online. thanks!

Okay..i just finished the drama...

SPOILER!! SPOILER!

I HATE HATE HATE the ending!!! It's the most IRRESPONSIBLE ENDING EVER!!! It just ended with ShaoQian walking toward police station to confess that he knows about TongXue's uncle embezzlement. Supposedly, he doesn't want to leave any traces that YongFei may used against TongXue, so he went to confess. I don't know if he'll go to prison or not for not reporting a crime that he knows... OMG OMG OMG OMG...I'm going to suffocate with intense anger.... How could they do this to ShaoQian?!!!!

Gonna run to read my happy epilogue to cool my anger!!! My poor Shaoqian and Tongxue!!

Somehow I have a feeling the Chinese State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television was involved in changing to this stupid ending!!! They probably want to propagate and set a "good example" to citizens that you should always report a crime you know and not blackmail people for your own personal interest!!! ARGH!!!

Supposedly they're talking about making a sequel....I DON'T WANT a sequel!!! I want my happy ending!!!
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-04-11 at 12:29 PM.

Okay..i just finished the drama...

SPOILER!! SPOILER!

I HATE HATE HATE the ending!!! It's the most IRRESPONSIBLE ENDING EVER!!! It just ended with ShaoQian walking toward police station to confess that he knows about TongXue's uncle embezzlement. Supposedly, he doesn't want to leave any traces that YongFei may used against TongXue, so he went to confess. I don't know if he'll go to prison or not for not reporting a crime that he knows... OMG OMG OMG OMG...I'm going to suffocate with intense anger.... How could they do this to ShaoQian?!!!!

Gonna run to read my happy epilogue to cool my anger!!! My poor Shaoqian and Tongxue!!

Somehow I have a feeling the Chinese State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television was involved in changing to this stupid ending!!! They probably want to propagate and set a "good example" to citizens that you should always report a crime you know and not blackmail people for your own personal interest!!! ARGH!!!
    ARGH.... you know, I like a righteous ending and all but if you are going to 'modify' the ending, at least slap on one more scene where he either 1) gets out and reunites with Tong Xue or 2) is found not guilty of any charges because of his 'brave' behavior in reporting the crime....

It's silly when they have an ending where it leaves you hanging....

I tried to buy the book at dangdang.com but it seems that I have to use credit card. Can I use paypal instead? Btw, are you from china and how much did you pay for the book? thanks!

Sometimes, I find dub voice okay but in crying scenes, they just can't dub that well.
    I think you need to use a credit card for dangdang... but dangdang is like a very prominent site in China (I kind of equate it to Amazon), so I think it's legit. The book itself costs less than USD $5, but it's the shipping you will need to pay for (if you are buying from TaoBao). On a side note, if you elect to use TaoBao via an intermediate agent, you can use paypal.

SPOILER!!

wow JoleCole are so fast, you just said what I want to say.. I HATE, HATE, HATE THE ENDING.

why they don't just add 1 more epsd, after all they have gone this far..is it so difficult to just add an additional epsd..at least not end like this..

First, I think I would recommend this to my mother.. now, I don't think so..I'll tell her not to watch this.. so disappointed with the ending

JoleCole, I definitely waiting for your epilogue.. please write us epilogue, if you have some time I'm dying to know the real ending..

So far, I watched 3 drama : NHZGG, BBJX, and now SWAK, -- none of this 3 drama's ending satisfied me..

Quote Originally Posted by she_ariesgirl View Post
    SPOILER!!

wow JoleCole are so fast, you just said what I want to say.. I HATE, HATE, HATE THE ENDING.

why they don't just add 1 more epsd, after all they have gone this far..is it so difficult to just add an additional epsd..at least not end like this..

First, I think I would recommend this to my mother.. now, I don't think so..I'll tell her not to watch this.. so disappointed with the ending

JoleCole, I definitely waiting for your epilogue.. please write us epilogue, if you have some time I'm dying to know the real ending..

So far, I watched 3 drama : NHZGG, BBJX, and now SWAK, -- none of this 3 drama's ending satisfied me..
    Yea... Per Hawick himself, the ending was supposed to be 'open'... but at least there's the epilogue from the author, so you know what truly happened at the end... I think it was again to not piss off the readers of the book who did not read the epilogue...

Here's an article:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2011-11-04/15103470239.shtml

Want a satisfying ending? Watch "Waking Up Love".... it's a very satisfying ending... I just HAVE TO THROW THIS DRAMA IN THERE... I swear, it's the perfect antidote to all the craziness in BBJX and QSMX...

Quote Originally Posted by she_ariesgirl View Post
    SPOILER!!

I read some news articles saying they are now playing with the idea of a sequel!!! I feel like there isn't much material to add in the sequel. WHO THE HELL came up with the idea of giving us an opening ending so they can explore more in the sequel?

Alright...I'm gonna go work on the translation of happy epilogue...
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-04-11 at 12:41 PM.

Supposedly they're talking about making a sequel....I DON'T WANT a sequel!!! I want my happy ending!!!
    Hahaha.. that make sense tough.. I don't care how they want to modify the ending.. I just want a happy ending story.. tired of crying.. I want to smile and happy feeling when watching drama.. not depress like this.. *exaggerating mode on*

to all people here.. who are fans of ShaoQian.. please give us any info, if there will be any sequel :P