Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    That was the original plan, but they cut the series short (deleted some scenes between Yueying and Gaoxing and some more stuff) and aired the ending today. Hunan TV wanted to clear Saturday timeslot for their new drama The Secret History of Wu Zetian.
    No wonder.. they didn't have the scene with acid.. and TX being arrested..

Quote Originally Posted by sophisterrr View Post
    No wonder.. they didn't have the scene with acid.. and TX being arrested..
    I'm not sure if that was included in the drama script. But I have a feeling based on what I just read on the director's microblog that the ending aired isn't what the director originally intended. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the last episode!!! I hate HUNAN TV!!!
    Need to stop being lazy...

I'm not sure if that was included in the drama script. But I have a feeling based on what I just read on the director's microblog that the ending aired isn't what the director originally intended. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the last episode!!! I hate HUNAN TV!!!
    I feel the same as well. I hope they release a DVD version that is uncut! I am totally watching that lip biting part.. and which ever scenes they censored as well..

Just finished watching. Not satisfied with ending either. Seems like no matter what I'm watching these days, they are all open (and sad) endings... T.T

But putting that aside.... loveee the silhouettes in the house! <3

and about the "non-existent" XianZhi & YongFei acid scene; it'd be kinda hard to do if they did include it. Oh and about that scene, why did XianZhi go aim acid at YongFei? I didn't exactly understand what was happening besides XianZhi swinging acid at YongFei and then ending up in a coma.

--

And finally, thank you JoleCole for translating the happy epilogue.

My favorite anecdote(s):

Xiao Chao asked, “What do you think his wife usually call Big Boss? Shaoqian? QianQian? Thinking about it makes it sound so sweet! She can call him in such a personal and familial way.

There’s nothing sweet about it!
    I usually call him “qinshou”(beast).

I summarized his traits in details:

Bad temper, loves to give me the dirty look, treats me like a 3 year old, and doesn’t respect me. He’s really petty. When I occasionally receive a phone call from a male colleague, he loves to lash out at me with sarcasm. Never goes shopping with me. Whenever the monthly bills come home, he always criticizes my household budgeting skill. He thinks I’m dumb, and won’t let me stay abroad to get my master’s. At home, he said he’s the ultimate decision maker. And he forbids me to tell people in his company that I’m his wife.

Xiao Chao’s countenance completely changed with shock. She asked, “He’s such an extreme, what do you actually see in him?”

After a long pause of contemplation, I could only say “He’s really good at making money!”

Xiao Chao continues, “Big Boss is in a quite good mood today. He’s shinning with brilliance, and even gave a smile when he walked out of the elevator. Everyone was extremely startled and shocked with gratitude for this rare smile since he probably only smiled once in ten thousand years.
    Funny. XD
    Last edited by ohwhatsherface; 11-04-11 at 09:17 PM.
    is in love with LongShi, still harboring love for HongShi, &&& having high hopes for ShiGe.

I think there is 1 more think that left hanging.. the last harsh word that TX said to SQ about TX want to against up SQ and got married with XS.. that make SQ really heart broken and the fact that it is Yong Fei who is behind all this..

Nobody explain this later to him..

We still have this forum to share so we know any possibilities, but what about people out there who doesn't join forum.. this will be a disastrous drama for them.

Quote Originally Posted by she_ariesgirl View Post
    I think there is 1 more think that left hanging.. the last harsh word that TX said to SQ about TX want to against up SQ and got married with XS.. that make SQ really heart broken and the fact that it is Yong Fei who is behind all this..

Nobody explain this later to him..

We still have this forum to share so we know any possibilities, but what about people out there who doesn't join forum.. this will be a disastrous drama for them.
    Actually, I think Shaoqian actually knows why TongXue said all those harsh words to him. I know this Cuz it's hinted in the next scene showing him sitting on the bench holding the puppy that TongXue bought him. In this scene, Shaoqian seems rather calm and serene. It's a big contrast to the previous scene where he was crying his heart out. When the housekeeper asked Shaoqian why he needed to go to police station to confess when TongXue's uncle case has already been resolved, he replied "I don't want them to use me to threaten TongXue anymore." This means he doesn't want to leave any loopholes behind for YongFei to use against TongXue. How does he even know YongFei is threatening TongXue? He probably figured out on his own it was YongFei who blackmailed TongXue to say those harsh things to him.

P.S. I think I just got a confirmation from the scriptwriter about why she needed to include Mo Shaoqian confessing to the police. It's definitely the doing of State Administration of Radio, Film and Television.. They're afraid Mo Shaoqian character will set a bad example for the audience. Now I don't blame the scriptwriter, I BLAME SARFT!!! Never mind, I blame the scriptwriter too!! She should have included another scene where TongXue runs madly out of the airport to find Shaoqian or show their reunion some time later!
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-04-11 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwhatsherface View Post
    Just finished watching. Not satisfied with ending either. Seems like no matter what I'm watching these days, they are all open (and sad) endings... T.T

But putting that aside.... loveee the silhouettes in the house! <3

and about the "non-existent" XianZhi & YongFei acid scene; it'd be kinda hard to do if they did include it. Oh and about that scene, why did XianZhi go aim acid at YongFei? I didn't exactly understand what was happening besides XianZhi swinging acid at YongFei and then ending up in a coma.

--

And finally, thank you JoleCole for translating the happy epilogue.

My favorite anecdote(s):

Funny. XD
    Well.. XianZhi just hated YongFei's guts.. YongFei manipulated her to physically harm TX (causing the miscarriage and much more slapping/threatening). XZ didn't want to face criminal charges so she drank the acid and burned her esophagus and tissues around there..

I think I complained a bit too much about the ending...so I'll post some goodies instead....

My favorite kiss in the entire series...For once, it actually looks like they're kissing!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/jolecole2010/1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/jolecole2010/2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/jolecole2010/3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/jolecole2010/4-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/jolecole2010/5-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/jolecole2010/6-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/jolecole2010/7-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/jolecole2010/8-1.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-05-11 at 01:32 AM.

why does shao qian likes tong xues long hair. there was couple scenes where he touched her hair? and i watched the ending and is totally dissapointed. why not a happy ending?

I'll post what I translated so far. It's a rough translation. More coming up!! Enjoy!!! The happy epilogue is composed of many short anecdotes written in TongXue's perspective. The original author wrote two parts, and I heard she's planning to write a third part. Part 1 has 12 anecdotes.
    thanks for translating the 1st part...hopefully you will find the time to translate the 2nd part as well. TongXue sounds really cute in the book. So, is she this cute in the show? Doesn't seem so to me, but I don't understand the dialogue that well, so can't fairly judge. Other than her appearance (style) and raw acting (the actress needs more experience and finesse), the character of TongXue is actually likeable when you understand what she's saying, correct?
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    I think you need to use a credit card for dangdang... but dangdang is like a very prominent site in China (I kind of equate it to Amazon), so I think it's legit. The book itself costs less than USD $5, but it's the shipping you will need to pay for (if you are buying from TaoBao). On a side note, if you elect to use TaoBao via an intermediate agent, you can use paypal.
    hey i paid using visa on dangdang... and they told me to check my account and contact them. will they send the book to me automatically or i have to contact them after paying? thanks for your help lol! first time buying from a china website so i feel very insecure :S
    Last edited by ycdahiong; 11-05-11 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    hey i paid using visa on dangdang... and they told me to check my account and contact them. will they send the book to me automatically or i have to contact them after paying? thanks for your help lol! first time buying from a china website so i feel very insecure :S
    I had a similar issue... I think their system is kind of dumb with foreign credit cards... I contacted them to see if they got the funds and I also called my bank because banks like to put online transactions with foreign websites on hold in case of fraud... Long story short they eventually got the funds, I think it took them a few hours to get it and the order status in your account will be changed to paid, then you can track the status of your order online...

I have a feeling the credit card thing might be a first time user thing and subsequent purchases should be more seamless since this will not be a new foreign vendor for your bank anymore...

Joel Cole, I am a fourth into the novel and it's depressing me.... tong Xue is not happy at all, she hates Shao Qian and I hate him too...l please tell me it gets better cuz at this point I think all the people who gaved the book a five star rating out of five must be reading a different book than I am reading...

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    Joel Cole, I am a fourth into the novel and it's depressing me.... tong Xue is not happy at all, she hates Shao Qian and I hate him too...l please tell me it gets better cuz at this point I think all the people who gaved the book a five star rating out of five must be reading a different book than I am reading...
    HAHAHA...Let's just say this isn't a happy book. The theme is quite dark. Your response is quite understandable since you're reading from TongXue's perspective and most people hate Mo Shaoqian in the beginning. The mystery slowly unravels later in the novel. My favorite chapters aren't in the main novel but the other individual chapters written in Shaoqian and YongFei's perspective. They sheds a completely different light into the storyline after you read them...TongXue is actually quite oblivous about a lot of things. What she feels or sees isn't necessary what's true. She's not a very reliable narrator because she's biased from her own personal experiences...A large majority loves Mo Shaoqian after they finished the novel, but there is quite a few who never forgave him for what he did to TongXue. He's quite controversial. Maybe you should watch the drama then read the book. Some people actually prefer the drama over the book since we get to see the Mo Shaoqian character more flushed out...I love the relationship between Mo Shaoqian and his mother in the drama. The novel didn't really get into much details regarding mother/son.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-05-11 at 01:02 PM.

Hi JoleCole . I noticed that you have the Chinese version epilogue, but I couldn't find it. Could you please send it to my email. [email protected]. Thank you very much.

Hi JoleCole. I noticed that you have the Chinese version epilogue, but I couldn't find it. Could you please send it to me. My email is [email protected] thank you very much.

Hey guys,
    So episodes 27/28 are released since Friday night. The series is no longer in 30 episodes since Hunan TV edited quite a bit out.

You guys can download from either WUupload, FileJungle, FileServe or Filesonic, myriad of choices
    http://www.lalulalu.com/viewthread.p...d%3D141&page=1

(Note the above site is awesome for download C-drama, there's like a 24 hour turnaround for how quick the episode gets uploaded for j-drama, c-drama and k-drama, unfornately all subs in Chinese :P)
    For those who can't read Chinese, I am sure you can still understand how to download, just click on the links next to the episodes and follow the instructions, luckily the instructions is in English.

Also the episodes are in RMVB format about 190 mb - 250 mb each, quality is ok, not HDTV, but clear enought for the computer.
    Sorry, no English subs for the series, I know Chinese so luckily for me I can watch this series raw.

I have to say Hawick Lau wasn't a big star in his TVB days, and nor did I think he was a great actor, his father Lau Dan was more well known than him. Hawick was probably known as "Lau Dan's son", also in TVB, he always played the second lead at best, in many many sub-par roles.

But this role in qsmx changed my mind a lot about him. In this series, his reactons, raw emotions and the way he stares at the woman he loves is truely mesmerising to watch. I doubt TVB will air this drama in HK, but a nowTV or a ATV might??

Actually I think Hawick's acting is quite similar to Nicky's in BBJX, what do you guys think?

I'm a little confused. Has this show ended? I know it was mentioned that they cut down to 28 episodes but according to HunanTV's schedule online they are broadcasting episode 29 today and episode 30 on Sunday. Although I'm not sure if they stick to the tv programme or not. They really should have had a "one year later reunion scene". As cliche as it would be, viewers would be so much happier.

so, the last episode is when tong xue left and shoa qian went to police station??? i haven't read the novel (i think i have to read the novel too), the drama is definitely unique from other dramas, but i gotta admit, somehow it would be lighter if the two would meet again, then forgave each other and finally ended up with each other....

the ending is really sad.... why not make a sequel????? i think i like their team up.............. well, that's just me )

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    I'm a little confused. Has this show ended? I know it was mentioned that they cut down to 28 episodes but according to HunanTV's schedule online they are broadcasting episode 29 today and episode 30 on Sunday. Although I'm not sure if they stick to the tv programme or not. They really should have had a "one year later reunion scene". As cliche as it would be, viewers would be so much happier.
    I know! The scriptwriter wrote on her microblog she didn't like the ending too! well DUH?! No one is really satisfy with the ending. She also said she regrets not writing another scene that shows TongXue running madly out of the airport. Of course, having a super happy ending like the epilogue is probably too much to ask for in the drama, but I would have preferred the last scene in the drama showing TongXue cries her heart out at the airport and Mo Shaoqian silently watches her cries from a distance, as depicted in the novel. That would have satisfied a lot more people then this piece of cr*p.

That TV program list you saw is outdated. HunanTV recut the series into 28 episodes instead of the original planned 30 episodes. Right now it's all The Secret History of WuZeTian (another in-house production by HunanTV like new HGZZ). They're giving this series a lot of attention and priority versus Sealed with a Kiss.

I would love for them to film a special or something. Just add another episode or two to satisfy the hopes of fans! Give us a scene of Shaoqian and TongXue's reunion and I'll love this drama forever. This drama had great writing all way, except for the miserably disappointing ending. I think I just need time to appreciate this ending. I read some really good analysis in the baidu forum and it made me rethink about the ending. I'll translate some of the points to this analysis later. It'll help you all feel a little better about the ending. :P