Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Haven't had time to watch the last episodes yet, but what a terrible way to end my Friday with this ending. From BBJX to SWAK...these dramas just can't give me tears of joy at the end!
    因為愛, 我才卸下偽裝♥不再當放羊的小孩

Quote Originally Posted by aggiesbaby View Post
    Haven't had time to watch the last episodes yet, but what a terrible way to end my Friday with this ending. From BBJX to SWAK...these dramas just can't give me tears of joy at the end!
    After you finish the drama, go read the happy epilogue if you haven't read it already. If you have, reread it! It helps! I'm soo looking forward to part 3 of "My Sweet and Happy Life with the Beast." I hope the author has the mood to write it soon and this time...give us a baby! It's time that TongXue and ShaoQian have a baby of their own. Even though TongXue is still relatively young, Shaoqian is in his mid-30s already. It's time for him to become a father.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    That was the original plan, but they cut the series short (deleted some scenes between Yueying and Gaoxing and some more stuff) and aired the ending today. Hunan TV wanted to clear Saturday timeslot for their new drama The Secret History of Wu Zetian.
    Can I ask you what is the difference between the TV, DVD and online version? I remember watching Ruby Lin's Qin Shi Huang Fei and they said that the TV version is shorter than the DVD version so that Hunan can broadcast more advertisement. Is that the case? And in DVD version, will they change ending because I always thought that the DVD version will be the same as the TV version.

I am actually stuck at episode 27 LOL. If the DVD version has a better ending, I'm willing to wait. I hate to watch open endings although I do agree in the forum that they will end up together... need to read the epilogue again to satisfy my needs for happy and sweet endings.

Will the epilogue be in the novel (updated version 2011)?

I saw BBJX DVD out in Singapore. Hope QSMX DVD will come out in one month time!
    Last edited by ycdahiong; 11-05-11 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    Can I ask you what is the difference between the TV, DVD and online version? I remember watching Ruby Lin's Qin Shi Huang Fei and they said that the TV version is shorter than the DVD version so that Hunan can broadcast more advertisement. Is that the case? And in DVD version, will they change ending because I always thought that the DVD version will be the same as the TV version.

I am actually stuck at episode 27 LOL. If the DVD version has a better ending, I'm willing to wait. I hate to watch open endings although I do agree in the forum that they will end up together... need to read the epilogue again to satisfy my needs for happy and sweet endings.

Will the epilogue be in the novel (updated version 2011)?
    Nope, the new book doesn't contain the happy epilogue... It has a few of the other ones, just not the happy one Hahhaha...

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    Nope, the new book doesn't contain the happy epilogue... It has a few of the other ones, just not the happy one Hahhaha...
    Oh really? Not even "My Sweet and Happy Life with the Beast Part I"? I know she just released part 2 on her official website a few months ago, so I'm sure that's not included in the publication. I'm surprised part 1 wasn't even included.

I uploaded the MP3 version of the main song "A Thousand Mountains" by Hawick Lau. It's only 2+ minutes...haven't seen the longer version yet.

http://www.wupload.com/file/19972029...3%E5%B1%B1.mp3

I am actually stuck at episode 27 LOL. If the DVD version has a better ending, I'm willing to wait.
    I really doubt the DVD version is going to have an alternate ending. I think it was the scriptwriter who decided on that ending -_- Based on past experience, DVD version are more complete than TV version. Hunan TV tends to shorten some scenes when they air the episodes to accommodate commercials. I haven't watched the DVD version of SWAK (I'm downloading it right now), so I'm not sure if TV version got truncated. Haven't noticed anything yet.

I hate to watch open endings although I do agree in the forum that they will end up together... need to read the epilogue again to satisfy my needs for happy and sweet endings.
    I think the scriptwriter provided enough subtle hints in the last episode to let ShaoQian know that TongXue reciprocates his love. The most evident clue is the window painting of a man, woman, and a little dog looking out at sea. TongXue probably got inspired by ShaoQian's own painting of his father silhouette at the beach house, and decided to do the same with the new house. However, I'm not even quite sure if TongXue realizes the new house she's designing belongs to ShaoQian. Someone asked the scriptwriter this question. The scriptwriter replied that at first, she didn't intend to let TongXue to know the house owner was Shaoqian, and everything she did with house was just her own subconscious doing. Somehow later on, she also felt TongXue knew as well based on her email correspondence with "Professor Chen." At first I didn't notice the dog next to the man's feet, but someone pointed it out online, I finally noticed ShaoQian's dog "Loveable" or maybe it's his new dog "Hateable"

So again, it's just a matter of time Shaoqian and TongXue reunites. At the end, they both are fully aware of their love for each other. According to some, Shaoqian going to the police station is symbolic of his rebirth and cleansing of his conscience so he could start fresh again with TongXue...

As for Xiao Shan, I really think TongXue has already let go of him. He's only a part of her past, and it's very unlikeable she can rekindle her relationship with him after all the things that happened to her. I think a big reason why she couldn't let go of him in the first place was due to the beautiful memories she shared with him. Her life as a mistress of a married man only brought her shame and guilt, so she needed to latch on to something optimistic and beautiful to keep her going - the innocence and freedom of first love. At the airport, TongXue has already placed Xiao Shan in the same category as Yueying and the rest of her friends. They are all a part of her youth. Even though she's leaving the country, maybe one day she may bump into him again if fate decides to let them meet. But for sure, she's not going to try to purposely dig him out. For Shaoqian, I know she will try to find him again after she reads his text message.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-07-11 at 07:11 PM.

ok... I thought that she should put the epilogue inside the book to "make it more complete" so that readers can have more perspective about Shaoqian and others.

I finally found a website with complete epilogue from the views of Xiaoshan, Shaoqian, Yongei and Zhenfei... have been finding it because some websites have epilogues written by fans.

http://news.fengone.com/c/20111024/253084_6.html (read from page 6 onwards)

I didn't notice that there is a dog too hahaha. Actually, I like the fact that Shaoqian goes to the police - to start afresh. But even with subtle hints, they should at least make Shaoqian and Tongxue meet together. Having their last meeting at the cafe, where they had a argument was still . haha I know Shaoqian knows Tongxue was threatened to do that in the end but still... I want to see them together!!! LOL. Anyway, I watched episode 28 in the end :S

I'm hope I can get the book soon but hope I won't get confuse the novel with the drama. =) I think the drama was so much better because I think I read somewhere that in the forum, Tongxue actually aborted the child but in the drama, Tongxue had a miscarriage. I think abortion is really cruel and that will make me dislike Tongxue. Hope I don't feel that way when I read the novel!

This baidu website has a youku video where Hawick Lau sings and speaks in Cantonese. His voice is so man in cantonese!!! I think Cantonese really beautify a man's voice. Haha I have this thing about cantonese. Love hearing people around me speak cantonese hehe. :-)) He can sing quite well too. Qian Shan actually ranked #2 on some website!

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1267394347

ok... I thought that she should put the epilogue inside the book to "make it more complete" so that readers can have more perspective about Shaoqian and others.

I finally found a website with complete epilogue from the views of Xiaoshan, Shaoqian, Yongei and Zhenfei... have been finding it because some websites have epilogues written by fans.

http://news.fengone.com/c/20111024/253084_6.html (read from page 6 onwards)
    You can also get the official epilogue from her official site... I think it's like feiwosicun.net or something like that.... On the site you will find all her works and epilogues, kinda cool...

Oh really? Not even "My Sweet and Happy Life with the Beast Part I"? I know she just released part 2 on her official website a few months ago, so I'm sure that's not included in the publication. I'm surprised part 1 wasn't even included.
    As for Xiao Shan, I really think TongXue has already let go of him. He's only a part of her past, and it's very unlikeable she can rekindle her relationship with him after all the things that happened to her. I think a big reason why she couldn't let go of him in the first place was due to the beautiful memories she shared with him. Her life as a mistress of a married man only brought her shame and guilt, so she needed to latch on to something optimistic and beautiful to keep her going - the innocence and freedom of first love. At the airport, TongXue has already placed Xiao Shan in the same category as Yueying and the rest of her friends. They are all a part of her youth. Even though she's leaving the country, maybe one day she may bump into him again if fate decides to let them meet. But for sure, she's not going to try to purposely dig him out. For Shaoqian, I know she will try to find him again after she reads his text message.
    yup, no happy epilogue... Lol, I'm going to print it out and add it to the back of the book haha....

For Xiao Shan, I haven't watched the drama yet but I'm reading the book now and I absolutely agree... She hated her life... And I still hate Shao Qian... And her memories with Xiao Shan were so beautiful... It kept her going...

Btw... I really like Mu Zhen Fei so far...

yup, no happy epilogue... Lol, I'm going to print it out and add it to the back of the book haha....

For Xiao Shan, I haven't watched the drama yet but I'm reading the book now and I absolutely agree... She hated her life... And I still hate Shao Qian... And her memories with Xiao Shan were so beautiful... It kept her going...

Btw... I really like Mu Zhen Fei so far...
    Reception to the Mo Shaoqian's character falls into the extremes: you either love him or hate his guts. Evidently, I fall in the "love" category while you may still hate his guts at the end. I tend to like charismatic characters with villainous qualities. For some odd reason, I was never quite fond of Xiao Shan both in the novel and drama. The depiction of Xiao Shan in the drama is even worst...so it made me like him even less. As for Mu ZhenFei, I always love this guy in both novel and drama! He's my second favorite after Mo Shaoqian. He's probably the most human and sane individual in the whole story.

I also heard that Fei Wo Si Cun at first designated Xiao Shan as the male protagonist in the novel, but somehow later, either she or readers became too interested in Mo Shaoqian so she elevated him to become the #1 male lead over Xiao Shan. When you read the novel, Xiao Shan actually gets more "novel" time than Mo Shaoqian.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveroy View Post
    why does shao qian likes tong xues long hair. there was couple scenes where he touched her hair?
    I'm curious about that too....haha...In the novel, Mo Shaoqian extended his hand to touch TongXue from behind as she was walking in front of him, but he got afraid and restrained himself and he ended up touching her hair.

Some hair touching scenes...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4eb51676tw1dmtenfckb0j.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-05-11 at 07:00 PM.

Reception to the Mo Shaoqian's character falls into the extremes: you either love him or hate his guts. Evidently, I fall in the "love" category while you may still hate his guts at the end. I tend to like charismatic characters with villainous qualities. For some odd reason, I was never quite fond of Xiao Shan both in the novel and drama. The depiction of Xiao Shan in the drama is even worst...so it made me like him even less. As for Mu ZhenFei, I always love this guy in both novel and drama! He's my second favorite after Mo Shaoqian. He's probably the most human and sane individual in the whole story.

I also heard that Fei Wo Si Cun at first designated Xiao Shan as the male protagonist in the novel, but somehow later, either she or readers became too interested in Mo Shaoqian so she elevated him to become the #1 male lead over Xiao Shan. When you read the novel, Xiao Shan actually gets more "novel" time than Mo Shaoqian.
    I'm at the part where the dog died... Very sad... Shao Qian is less hate-able... But ultimately, I think all the guys, except Zhen Fei, are full of crap so far... Shao Qian... That violence, rape, makes him an obvious villain.... Xiao Shan... Dude just make up your mind and be a man!! Can't wait to watch the drama...

I have finished reading the novel and epilogue. I hope someone can clarify something. When Tongxue first meets Shaoqian in the novel, she is only eighteen years old and had just entered university. She meets him at some school event. My impression is that he pretty much falls in love with her at first sight. However, at that time, he does not know who her father is. What about the second time that they meet? Did he know who she is by then?

I would totally buy the DVD if they have the full 30 episodes. I feel so cheated that they cut it down to 28 episodes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovesnuffles View Post
    I have finished reading the novel and epilogue. I hope someone can clarify something. When Tongxue first meets Shaoqian in the novel, she is only eighteen years old and had just entered university. She meets him at some school event. My impression is that he pretty much falls in love with her at first sight. However, at that time, he does not know who her father is. What about the second time that they meet? Did he know who she is by then?

I would totally buy the DVD if they have the full 30 episodes. I feel so cheated that they cut it down to 28 episodes!!
    Yea I just finished the novel and the epilogues too... The timing is a bit confusing... I'm guessing he probably knows who she is by the second time he meets her...

Just finished the novels and epilogues... And judging from the previews I watched of the drama, I feel I will like the drama more as it seems to be more sympathetic towards Shao Qian. I have a feeling they did add a lot of stuff to the drama... Will be off to watch that next!

After finishing the story, I have the following feelings:
    - I don't hate Shao Qian anymore, but I don't like him either... I think the author did not flesh out his character enough to make the reader fall in love with him... She took a risk with switching the main male leads in the middle of the book and her depiction of Shao Qian was so villainous that it is hard for me to really love him later, especially when he didn't even get. Uh book time...
    - I'm surprised that Zhen Fei didn't really play much of a role in the book... I rather liked the guy... And Yong Fei only showed up towards the end...
    - I still kind of like Xiao Shan but seriously, in this novel, I don't think I like any of the characters too much... I am a bit ambivalent...

Hmmm...I'm going to check out the drama and see how that plays out but I have a strong feeling I might like the drama better, which is rare for me, usually I like the books better....

Quote Originally Posted by swtaznlaydee View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6d8ba6f1tw1dmoao41oh8j.jpg')
    has this aired yet?? been waiting for this

Quote Originally Posted by she_ariesgirl View Post
    has this aired yet?? been waiting for this
    Nope....it was filmed last week, I think....Not sure when they'll broadcast it.

I'm with JoleCole on living charismatic characters with the ruthless/villainous qualities. It's fascinating as a viewer since those types of characters are driven by the narrative of the drama.
    因為愛, 我才卸下偽裝♥不再當放羊的小孩

Hey Jolecole, I saw your comments on Too Late To Say I Love You. Can I ask if the drama is better than the novel? The novel is much more tragic than the drama, right? I realised feiwosicun novels have male leads that have more depth inside them and appear to be very "evil" but I like watching this kind of shows!

Hey Jolecole, I saw your comments on Too Late To Say I Love You. Can I ask if the drama is better than the novel? The novel is much more tragic than the drama, right? I realised feiwosicun novels have male leads that have more depth inside them and appear to be very "evil" but I like watching this kind of shows!
    The novel for Too Late to Say I Love You was definitely too heart wrenching and tragic for me to handle...To me, even more tragic than BBJX...Let's just say I read it once, and never wanted to read it again. The male lead in the novel is super ambitious, selfish, and ruthless. So, the scriptwriter toned down his ruthlessness in the drama to make him more likeable and gave us a happy ending despite being melancholic throughout most of the story. Even though the happy ending was sorta out of blue, but who cares? I'm a sucker for happy endings! I would never watch that drama if they kept the ending from the novel.

Just finished the novels and epilogues... And judging from the previews I watched of the drama, I feel I will like the drama more as it seems to be more sympathetic towards Shao Qian. I have a feeling they did add a lot of stuff to the drama... Will be off to watch that next!

After finishing the story, I have the following feelings:
    - I don't hate Shao Qian anymore, but I don't like him either... I think the author did not flesh out his character enough to make the reader fall in love with him... She took a risk with switching the main male leads in the middle of the book and her depiction of Shao Qian was so villainous that it is hard for me to really love him later, especially when he didn't even get. Uh book time...
    - I'm surprised that Zhen Fei didn't really play much of a role in the book... I rather liked the guy... And Yong Fei only showed up towards the end...
    - I still kind of like Xiao Shan but seriously, in this novel, I don't think I like any of the characters too much... I am a bit ambivalent...

Hmmm...I'm going to check out the drama and see how that plays out but I have a strong feeling I might like the drama better, which is rare for me, usually I like the books better....
    I found Shaoqian and YongFei's character to be most interesting to read in the novel. Xiao Shan was too good and pure for my liking. I think my taste is sorta twisted. BUT....I must declare that I would never want to meet a guy like ShaoQian in real life. If I was TongXue, I would be dialing 911...Nonetheless, he's a really interesting character for me to read/watch...
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-06-11 at 12:50 AM.