Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    I finally got through the 1st episode.... and it's so much better afterwards (frankly, the 1st episode wasn't all that great)...

I do agree, Ying'er is the weakest link... and I still very much like Zhen Fei...

Is it just me or did Hawick use too much botox on his forehead (sorry off topic)?

JoleCole! I keep thinking our convo earlier about if Roy Qiu played Shao Qian.... I WOULD FAINT....

I do like the drama Shao Qian a lot better... did not dig the one in the book, but I can grow to like the one in the drama...
    Oh...you started to watch already? yay! I know I'm supposed to be watching Waking Up Love, but I got occupied with my blog and waiting for my sister to watch it with me...

Hawick+botox? hahaha...i never thought of it....I just always assumed he tried to remain stoic all the time and just used his eyes to express his emotions so no forehead wrinkles! Maybe they photoshop out all his winkles? I know Yang Mi had a huge breakout during Gong, but they did some technical magic and erased all her zits.

How far did you get in the drama? I thought Ying'er was quite weak in the beginning, but somehow I got used to her later on and actually thought she suited the role. I love the bickering between Tong Xue and Shaoqian...
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-10-11 at 02:31 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Oh...you started to watch already? yay! I know I'm supposed to be watching Waking Up Love, but I got occupied with my blog and waiting for my sister to watch it with me...

Hawick+botox? hahaha...i never thought of it....I just always assumed he tried to remain stoic all the time and just used his eyes to express his emotions so no forehead wrinkles! Maybe they photoshop out all his winkles? I know Yang Mi had a huge breakout during Gong, but they did some technical magic and erased all her zits.

How far did you get in the drama? I thought Ying'er was quite weak in the beginning, but somehow I got used to her later on and actually thought she suited the role. I love the bickering between Tong Xue and Shaoqian...
    Muahahaha ... nah, it's botox... it's very obvious when your forehead doesn't move when you are expressing emotions, because your forehead always moves (it's a group of muscles so you can't move one and not the other).... i think i have finally pinpointed why Hawick to me is still a bit off... it's the botox... but i will continue and hope i can forget about it and focus on the story...

I am only on episode 3... it's a lot better than the 1st episode... I really like Yong Fei here... she's very pitiful and her acting is good...

You need to start watching Waking Up Love hahahahaha, it'll be a nice change of pace for you.... happy... happy... (well most of the time) happy....

Muahahaha ... nah, it's botox... it's very obvious when your forehead doesn't move when you are expressing emotions, because your forehead always moves (it's a group of muscles so you can't move one and not the other).... i think i have finally pinpointed why Hawick to me is still a bit off... it's the botox... but i will continue and hope i can forget about it and focus on the story...

I am only on episode 3... it's a lot better than the 1st episode... I really like Yong Fei here... she's very pitiful and her acting is good...

You need to start watching Waking Up Love hahahahaha, it'll be a nice change of pace for you.... happy... happy... (well most of the time) happy....
    Maybe that explains Hawick's smooth facial skin! At first, I just totally assumed he was blessed with good genes...LOL....You know who else doesn't seem to have noticeable forehead wrinkles? Liu Xuehua (Shaoqian's mother), which I found rather odd. At least I don't remember a scene with her forehead wrinkling up noticeably onscreen while it was more apparent in her other dramas. Anyway, I don't think it matters much in the end whether these actors/actresses get botox injections or not since it's their convincing portrayal of their characters that matters most. I'm sure 80% of celebrities get them anyway. It's soo common nowadays! I seriously see ads for botox injections everywhere. I only got a bad impression of botox cuz I used to do some paperwork for a neurologist who research about the carcinogenic effects of botox. It's like people still smoking to de-stress even though they know it will kill ya.

I totally love the actress who played Yongfei too. I love watching Yongfei/Shaoqian's confrontations or when Shaoqian taunts Tong Xue! It's totally wrong, but such a guilty pleasure to watch! Like you, I would totally faint if Roy Qiu plays Shaoqian. I wonder how he would add to this character? I think the character is very well-written and complicated, extremely entertaining to watch onscreen. Hawick isn't bad as Shaoqian. He's pretty darn good as Shaoqian if u don't notice his immobile forehead
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-10-11 at 04:35 PM.

Maybe that explains Hawick's smooth facial skin! At first, I just totally assumed he was blessed with good genes...LOL....You know who else doesn't seem to have noticeable forehead wrinkles? Liu Xuehua (Shaoqian's mother), which I found rather odd. At least I don't remember a scene with her forehead wrinkling up noticeably onscreen while it was more apparent in her other dramas. Anyway, I don't think it matters much in the end whether these actors/actresses get botox injections or not since it's their convincing portrayal of their characters that matters most. I'm sure 80% of celebrities get them anyway. It's soo common nowadays! I seriously see ads for botox injections everywhere. I only got a bad impression of botox cuz I used to do some paperwork for a neurologist who research about the carcinogenic effects of botox. It's like people still smoking to de-stress even though they know it will kill ya.

I totally love the actress who played Yongfei too. I love watching Yongfei/Shaoqian's confrontations or when Shaoqian taunts Tong Xue! It's totally wrong, but such a guilty pleasure to watch! Like you, I would totally faint if Roy Qiu plays Shaoqian. I wonder how he would add to this character? I think the character is very well-written and complicated, extremely entertaining to watch onscreen. Hawick isn't bad as Shaoqian. He's pretty darn good as Shaoqian if u don't notice his immobile forehead
    Haha yes... I agree....

I'm actually a proponent of using botox, but just make sure to not over do it to the point of being unnatural. Everyone has wrinkles, even the young people, so it's odd when a whole part of your face is perpetually frozen.

Sigh... Roy as Shao Qian... he'd be good... but if Roy is in there, I demand a change for Tong Xue's actress... you cannot have Ying'er's face being bigger than Roy (which it is in her current state in SWAK).... that will annoy the heck out of me... (I love directing and this is one of those things that if I was the director, I would have flambed the casting director, costume designer)...

Haha yes... I agree....

I'm actually a proponent of using botox, but just make sure to not over do it to the point of being unnatural. Everyone has wrinkles, even the young people, so it's odd when a whole part of your face is perpetually frozen.

Sigh... Roy as Shao Qian... he'd be good... but if Roy is in there, I demand a change for Tong Xue's actress... you cannot have Ying'er's face being bigger than Roy (which it is in her current state in SWAK).... that will annoy the heck out of me... (I love directing and this is one of those things that if I was the director, I would have flambed the casting director, costume designer)...
    You know who I think will make a good Tong Xue? Shu Chang! I honestly think she's a very talented actress and she looks young and innocent enough to play this role. If Roy Qiu plays Shaoqian, I would love to see him pair up with Shu Chang.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-10-11 at 04:47 PM.

I finished 4 eps from DVD that JoleCole blog. I find that the eps is shorter than TV version.

Dude... the Mo Shao Qian in the drama is sooooooooooooo much better than the one in the book..... I quite like him in the drama...

Dude... the Mo Shao Qian in the drama is sooooooooooooo much better than the one in the book..... I quite like him in the drama...
    I think we like him better cuz his character is more fleshed out and the drama is told in 3rd person narrative. Everything we see is less biased. After I read the Mo Shaoqian and yongfei chapters I became very sympathetic to his character. Much of his traits are kept in the drama from the novel, except the scriptwriter expanded more. The basic framework of shaoqian's character is present in the novel but his good side just much more crytic.

In the novel, MSQ wasn't mean to TX 24/7. He actually showered her with gifts, and when he heard she thought a ring in a movie they watched look nice, he immediately customized one for her. He also took her along on his business trips as their mini vacation. Took her to go see sakuras in the spring, and relaxed in hot springs in the winter. I'm sure if MSQ didn't haven't his crazy revenge plan going on, he is actually quite a decent person. His housekeeper and chauffeur seem very fond of him as well.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-11-11 at 01:14 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ytnews.rednet.cn/upload/news/201111/20111111091728395438.jpg')
    Glad you adore Hawick's MSQ......I am so touched by his acting in this drama!

Also I read in this interview from Ying'er which confirmed what JoleColes said about TX & SQ and about when they fell in love. http://www.tianjinwe.com/tianjin/tjc...1_4571498.html Sorry it's in Chinese

Very interesting, one of the questions was:

Q:你觉得童雪从什么时候开始爱上莫绍谦的?
      A:我觉得她一直都爱着,只不过自己不知道。刚开始有一场喝醉酒的戏,她会跟莫绍谦说,你其实对我挺 好的,冬天带我泡温泉,夏天带我看樱花她和莫绍谦在一起生活了3年,她已经爱上他了。

Translation:

Question: When did you think TX fell in love with SQ?
    Answer: I think she always loved him, she just didn't know. In the start, there was a scene with TX being drunk, she said to SQ, "You treat me very well. You take me to the hot springs during winter and in summer you take me to see the cherry blossoms". She had spent three years living with SQ, she already fell in love with him."

And check out this recent photo of Ying'er she looks a lot like Cecilia Cheung, she said she lost about 10kg, wow, that's crazy!!
    Last edited by yanange; 11-11-11 at 04:59 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by she_ariesgirl View Post
    thank you for the full version song-- finally.. yey!!
    最爱拥抱着你
    最怕看到你的哭泣
    总会想起相爱时光
    你和我静静依偎的情景
    我们都以为是永远
    却看不到悲伤靠近
    人世间太多事
    我却不能为你抵挡抗拒
    爱与不爱谁能决定
    你已是我不悔唯一
    千山呀万水的飞翔
    却回不去你的心里
    我该如何去挽留你
    当绝望慢慢淹没我眼睛
    飞越千山
    心默默呼喊着你
    如果来生相遇
    我要选择对的时机
    决不允许看你委屈
    让一滴眼泪霸占你眼睛
    我们都以为是永远
    却看不到悲伤靠近
    人世间太多事
    我却不能为你抵挡抗拒
    爱与不爱谁能决定
    你已是我不会唯一
    千山呀万水的飞翔
    却回不去你的心里
    我该如何去挽留你
    当绝望慢慢淹没我眼睛
    飞越千山
    心默默呼喊着你
    Thanks for the complete lyrics! Will definitely practice this song as it captured my heart!

Quote Originally Posted by she_ariesgirl View Post
    check out this..

this is suppose to be full version

http://mp3.sogou.com/down.so?gid=125...ast=1320916109
    Thanks for sharing this song! I'm lovin' it!

I think the version you have is the same version I'm uploading except my video quality is slightly better. It's less pixelated, hence the larger file size.

I finally found the full version of Hawick's theme song A Thousand Mountains or Tian Shan

http://www.wupload.com/file/20957912...CD版.mp3
    Yey! Thanks a bunch JoleCole! What would we do without you? you always have the answers to our questions, thanks again... I'm playing this song in my mp3 now.... over and over again... LOL super love it! But I do hope they'll continue or make a sequel for this. But hopefully it will have a happy ending for Shao Qian and Tong Xue.... Oh pleaseeeee!!!!!!!!

someone know why the dvd version has 30 episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by laceytamtns View Post
    someone know why the dvd version has 30 episodes?
    Each episode is shorter on the DVD version than the TV version.

Each episode is shorter on the DVD version than the TV version.
    I am so disappointed that the DVD version didn't have the director's cut!

I am helping to sub eps 3 & eps 4 on Viki, but I think we need the video segmented before I can continue subbing. But I have to say I am enjoying this subbing, makes me think about the series a lot more

Just finished episode 11... ok, it's official, I have full on second lead syndrome... really really like Zhen Fei... the funny thing is, he was my favorite character in the novel and he's still my favorite character in the drama...

I do like Shao Qian a lot better in the drama, but Zhen Fei... his character is still the one to beat!!

On a side note... I can't believe the actor who played Zhen Fei is born in 1985... he seems a lot older than that...

Just finished episode 11... ok, it's official, I have full on second lead syndrome... really really like Zhen Fei... the funny thing is, he was my favorite character in the novel and he's still my favorite character in the drama...

I do like Shao Qian a lot better in the drama, but Zhen Fei... his character is still the one to beat!!

On a side note... I can't believe the actor who played Zhen Fei is born in 1985... he seems a lot older than that...
    I like Zhenfei a lot too...The director and actor did say Zhenfei is the only "normal" character in the story.... All the rest need to go see a psychiatrist.

I like Zhenfei a lot too...The director and actor did say Zhenfei is the only "normal" character in the story.... All the rest need to go see a psychiatrist.
    haha... tongxue is a lil slow, but i wouldn't really say she needs to see a psychiatrist.. what she did wasn't really unreasonable...if you think about it, if you really loved your dad (which her uncle is playing the part of, since he raised her), wouldn't you be willing to sacrifice yourself (and i know this sounds wrong, but just imagine)....

Quote Originally Posted by CuteBabyAngel17 View Post
    haha... tongxue is a lil slow, but i wouldn't really say she needs to see a psychiatrist.. what she did wasn't really unreasonable...if you think about it, if you really loved your dad (which her uncle is playing the part of, since he raised her), wouldn't you be willing to sacrifice yourself (and i know this sounds wrong, but just imagine)....

Zhen Fei is a very likable character, I love the bromance between him and Shao Qian, to be honest I think Shao Qian is actually relatively normal when he wants to be, like in front of his mother, when he was playing on the PS2, when he is with the puppy and when he is around Butler Ding and Chaffeur Ma, it's just Tong Xue and Yong Fei and Cheng He that drives him insane, it's because against those people, he has to exert too much feeling, out of those feelings, hurt dominates the most, and hurt leads to pain so that's why he exacts revenge on those people. What a complex person.......

I am suprised, Zhen Fei is only 26, wow....seriously I thought he was in his early 30s, I think he played his character well, I just don't like his looks as he looks too old. I think I would have preferred it if someone pretty boyish played him, much like those lead actors who plays the chaebol or the rich boys type in the k-drama/tw-drama. To be honest I find Zhen Fei's look to be too structured and he appears too righteous to give off the rich boy vibe. Nevertheless he is a likeable character

Eps 3 & Eps 4 have just finished being subbed on Viki, thanks to the segmenters