Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Ying'er looks very good in the interview. I actually like Hawick's hair...but for some reason, he reminds me of Raymond Lam...
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

Smile

His hair in that interview is soo much better... Yes, definitely you can help me in viki. when you go to viki. Please pm me. It viki id is Trina987. I like the interview and the BTS pictures.

New promo!! At least there's new footage in this promo unlike the previous ones! I also did a quick translation for those who can't understand Mandarin. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty1986 View Post
    tong xue looks like the chubbier version of kim tae hee. my goodness the trailer videos look so hot and heavy. hawick looks ready to rumble any time now. at the end of the series he turned himself into the cops ? why ? and they had a kid together ?
    I heard ShaoQian's turning himself in to cops was just a symbolic gesture. No prison time required, supposedly. This was not in the novel, so it's something new the TV version added, which I dislike! Regarding the kid, TongXue accidentally got pregnant, but unfortunately, she lost the baby.

ShaoQian and YongFei
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/67d0b00atw1dm9rz0akwmj.jpg')

Hawick and Ying'er on their promotional tour
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/8f1d980agw1dm8guj2ynmj.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-20-11 at 08:30 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

So excited this series is going to air in two days! hehehe...I will finally get to watch it this Saturday morning after waiting for it to come out since pre-production.

Stills from the above promo...TongXue touching ShaoQian's eyebrows???
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/67376139gw1dmaae066rlj.jpg')

Edit: I think they dubbed over Hawick's Mandarin. I didn't really like his heavy Hong Kong accented Mandarin, but his dubbed voice is worst than his original voice.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-20-11 at 09:48 PM.

I love all these dramatic scenes and such but I hope they don't overdo it. I would hate it if I end hating either of the main because of some stupid reasons.

@JoleCole, how was TongXue's character in the novel? Was she a likable character?

Quote Originally Posted by sesshomaru86 View Post
    I love all these dramatic scenes and such but I hope they don't overdo it. I would hate it if I end hating either of the main because of some stupid reasons.

@JoleCole, how was TongXue's character in the novel? Was she a likable character?
    I feel the same. The cast did say that HunanTV tend to show all the dramatic scenes in the promos, so I suspect most of the drama won't be this melodramatic! I mean, Mo ShaoQian is quite cool-headed on the exterior. I doubt he will go berserk 24/7. He's very sharp and composed in front of everyone, except when it comes to TongXue, he loses some of his calm.

As for TongXue, the novel was written in her perspective (1st person narration), I didn't find her annoying. She was quite witty and actually ridiculed herself about being a rich man's mistress/3rd party to lighten up the tragedy of her situation. Her attitude was quite humorously sarcastic. Compared to other "damsels in distress,"I found her pretty resolute. Due to ShaoQian's immense wealth/influence, his capacity to manipulate her life and turn it upside down, she was terrified of him and tried not to do anything stupid to cross him. TongXue wasn't kidding when she used the Chinese proverb to nickname him the "beast in clothes." So in the first half of the novel, Mo ShaoQian was the "villain" in the reader's eyes since he was the cause of TongXue's unhappiness. Most readers were quite emphatic of TongXue, not much hate compared to the female protagonist in Qing Shi Huang Fei. But the character that 80% of the readers love in the end is Mo ShaoQian, despite his controversial actions. Anyway, I think the drama will be very different from the novel. I'm PRAYING PRAYING the actresses and actors will be able to convincingly portray their characters, and as you said, not make me hate them!

Quote Originally Posted by choclate_wife View Post
    Anyone have the English version of the book? I tried searching on the net but it's all in Mandarin character Can't wait for the drama to broadcast so with the English version, I could at least get the sweet taste of it. Any idea if the drama would be available online on Sat? Can't wait to watch it, especially on Hawick
    I don't think the original novel has been translated into English. Sorry! I wish someone did... The writing was very subtle and succinct. I feel like the drama is more graphic than the novel.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-21-11 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Edit: I think they dubbed over Hawick's Mandarin. I didn't really like his heavy Hong Kong accented Mandarin, but his dubbed voice is worst than his original voice.
    Seriously??!! How is that possible?! Lol... His Cantarin was bad enough hahahahaha... Man, that acting better blow me away lol...

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    Seriously??!! How is that possible?! Lol... His Cantarin was bad enough hahahahaha... Man, that acting better blow me away lol...
    I can hear the dubbed voice in this promo. You can check it out. The voice actor is really disappointing!! Totally didn't convey the emotions of Mo ShaoQian. He sounds wimpy! I'm gonna go run and well...at least TongXue's voice is less whinny than before...

A brief moment of freedom: Mo ShaoQian sheds his cold exterior to become "himself" again.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/71a839a7gw1dlyr7uzb1aj.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-21-11 at 12:39 AM.

I can hear the dubbed voice in this promo. You can check it out. The voice actor is really disappointing!! Totally didn't convey the emotions of Mo ShaoQian. He sounds wimpy! I'm gonna go run and well...at least TongXue's voice is less whinny than before...

A brief moment of freedom: Mo ShaoQian sheds his cold exterior to become "himself" again.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/71a839a7gw1dlyr7uzb1aj.jpg')
    Don't give up hope and cry yet!! I actually think it is okay hahahaha... better than his Cantarin.... whew~~~ and plus, that ten second line can't tell us much about anything.... there's still hope!!

Wow, Hawick actually looks quite hot! I'm liking this mature, bespeckled look he's sporting for the series. He sure has changed (for the better) since his TVB days. The leading actresses are really plain looking. I know I'm shallow but why couldn't the casting director pick prettier women? Sure makes the racy scenes more .

Short interview with Hawick Lau where he talks about Mo ShaoQian + some new footage

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE0NDA1NTQ4.html

ShaoQian and TongXue:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/652a1ee9gw1dmcko6ovgoj.jpg')

Su Shan Shan, the famous movie star Mo ShaoQian purposely rumored with to divert attention away from TongXue
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20111021/Img322939304.jpg')

Hawick and Ying'er during their YouKu Interview:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/652a1ee9gw1dmcl4roemfj.jpg')
    Beijing release conference:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://m4.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/83/97/Img2989783_n.jpg')
    Don't give up hope and cry yet!! I actually think it is okay hahahaha... better than his Cantarin.... whew~~~ and plus, that ten second line can't tell us much about anything.... there's still hope!!
    I'm really torn between Hawick's Cantarin and the disappointing voice actor. Even though I don't like Hawick's heavy accent, I think he got the right tone for the character. It's deeper and huskier, while the voice actor is just blah...so monotone and unmanly ..

Here's another promo with more lines from the dubbed voice...but somehow in the middle (when ShaoQian has TongXue against the wall), Hawick's real voice pops back in again and back out...now I'm confused on which voice Hunan TV is going to use? What do you all think? Hawick's real voice or the voice actor?

Promo # ?? - Love and Revenge

Edits: Okay, I've watched a few more promos with the dubbed voice. It's really annoying me more than Hawick's Canterin. I think I'm used to his accent, so now this new voice is totally alienating me.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-22-11 at 12:56 AM.

TongXue's character promo - Ying'er basically gives a brief intro of her character.

Ying'er: "TongXue is a fresh college grad who inadvertently gets caught in a complicated web of schemes."
    Mo ShaoQian to TongXue:"You sold yourself already, then sell yourself completely. Don't try to be a tart who tries to erect a chastity paifang (memorial archway in feudal China awarded to widows who guarded their chastity after their husband's death)" [note: YongFei said the exact same thing to ShaoQian on their wedding night]

HunanTV promotional photos:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/b999a9014c086e066591ad0802087bf40ad1cbbc.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/574e9258d109b3de9c7b772bccbf6c81810a4ca8.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-22-11 at 01:36 AM.

TongXue's character promo - Ying'er basically gives a brief intro of her character.

Ying'er: "TongXue is a fresh college grad who inadvertently gets caught in a complicated web of schemes."
    Mo ShaoQian to TongXue:"You sold yourself already, then sell yourself completely. Don't try to be a tart who tries to erect a chastity paifang (memorial archway in feudal China awarded to widows who guarded their chastity after their husband's death)" [note: YongFei said the exact same thing to ShaoQian on their wedding night]

HunanTV promotional photos:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/b999a9014c086e066591ad0802087bf40ad1cbbc.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/574e9258d109b3de9c7b772bccbf6c81810a4ca8.jpg')
    I swear... This girl looks totally fine in some angles...

Tonight is day 1... Is anyone watching it? Let me know your thoughts!

Sorry... Going off topic but need to ask... Has anyone here seen anything with Wallace Chung in it? He's an HK actor I have never seen but have heard about and was wondering if he's any good and if so, what are some recommendations?

Sorry... Going off topic but need to ask... Has anyone here seen anything with Wallace Chung in it? He's an HK actor I have never seen but have heard about and was wondering if he's any good and if so, what are some recommendations?
    I watched a few dramas with him like Too Late to Say I Love You and Duke of Mount Deer (he played Kangxi, love him in it, but he didn't get much screen time). He played a warlord in Too Late to Say I Love (it also based on a novel written by the same author who wrote Sealed with a Kiss). I was drooling over his uniforms in this drama. Let's just say Fei Wo Si Cun writes very powerful, angst-filled love stories.

you can check out the thread for Too Late to Say I love you here:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...E3%A3%A9/page6

And let me introduce u to one of my favorite fanmade MVs dedicated to this drama!

Here's another good fanmade MV:
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Clz-BI-3cOg/

I swear... This girl looks totally fine in some angles...

Tonight is day 1... Is anyone watching it? Let me know your thoughts!
    Definitely expect me to watch it. LOL...Yeah, I'm a rabid fan of this story, so I might even watch it live online. Been following it since January...don't want to wait anymore!
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-22-11 at 03:01 AM.

Promo #15 Confrontation between TongXue and YongFei

So...it's out? Anyone got the link?

I really hope TongXue doesn't yearn over her first love too long. I hate it when they do that in movies (especially if their first love isn't the main hero). Please tell me she eventually comes to love ShaoQian and not just at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by sesshomaru86 View Post
    So...it's out? Anyone got the link?

I really hope TongXue doesn't yearn over her first love too long. I hate it when they do that in movies (especially if their first love isn't the main hero). Please tell me she eventually comes to love ShaoQian and not just at the end.
    I'm watching it live right now...

Hunan TV Channel: http://www.radio366.com/tv/hntv.htm

Someone should upload the upload the episodes in a few hours... I'll provide links later...

Unfortunately, TongXue yearns over her first love for awhile...LOL...cuz ShaoQian's love for her is quite...suppressed...It's okay though, they have no hope for each other anyway...he has a semi-girlfriend already when they see each other again...

Just a warning, Mo ShaoQian is no hero
    ... I think after watching the first few episodes and without know much about him, many will think he's a semi-psychopath.

Edit: After watching the first 2 episodes, I'm loving Hawick's performance of Mo ShaoQian! This is the first drama I watched of Hawick in more than 10 years and I'm happy he improved and didn't disappoint me. heheehehehe...Mo ShaoQian is sooo...interesting...to watch.....hahaha..I can't find a better word to describe him...he's like the captor toying around with his prey...playing the cat and mouse chase with TongXue...some may think he's a complete jerk, even scary, for his treatment of the girl, but i guess he's using her as his outlet to vent out his frustration/misfortunes. Ying'er's acting is better than I expected (note: I had ZERO expectation of her acting skills).

I honestly think the first 2 episodes feel kinda rushed. For those who haven't read the novel, it may be a little confusing...

Stills from ep. 1...don't get fooled by these stills...it's not as racy as you think... Just quick flashes in the drama...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edgw1dmdgh9ifkqj.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-22-11 at 11:35 PM.

so even though I told myself I wouldn't watch it ... I ended up doing it.

While there has always been a name for Tong Xue's "love" for Shaoqian - Stockholm Syndrome, watching the two episodes has perhaps let me find a "justification" for his "love" for Tong Xue. If you've read the book, you would know that the puppy, Ke'ai, dies later and Shaoqian is very depressed. His "love" for Tong Xue is very similar to his relationship with the puppy, except obviously one is more abusive. In spite of the abuse of Tong Xue, since Tong Xue has always been with him, Tong Xue, like the puppy, is one of the things he's always counted on as being his, and so her leaving him has a similar deathening effect on him as the death of the puppy. And there goes my theory on why he's attached to her...

PS What is wrong with Tongxue's closet? Doesn't she have limitless funds from him to buy designer clothing as opposed to really fugly ones?
    ╰☆ ╰☆ ╰☆ Cfensi ☆╮☆╮☆╮ , a Chinese entertainment blog and forum

Thewisdom66 from YouTube just uploaded Ep.1 and 2...

Ep.1

Ep. 2
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-23-11 at 02:01 PM.