Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed with a Kiss 《千山暮雪》 - Hawick Lau, Ying Er, Wen Zheng Rong

Quote Originally Posted by choclate_wife View Post
    BTW, I has a question regarding ep6, the scene when ShaoQian to visit his bro in law house (the one designed by TongXue). I wonder why ShaoQian looks so shocked when he sees the Study Room... ??? Did I miss out anything?
    Yea, I was a bit confused about that part too. Since this scene is added by the scriptwriter, I'm not quite sure what hidden message she's trying to depict. One certain thing is the fact that the study room that TongXue designed for Mu Zhenfei looks very similar to Mo ShaoQian's study room. My guess...ShaoQian is shocked to see the similarity, but then why didn't he look happy when he found that TongXue copied the design of his study room into her project?
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-25-11 at 12:55 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Yea, I was a bit confused about that part too. Since this scene is added by the scriptwriter, I'm not quite sure what hidden message she's trying to depict. One certain thing is the fact that the study room that TongXue designed for Mu Zhenfei looks very similar to Mo ShaoQian's study room. My guess...ShaoQian is shocked to see the similarity, but then why didn't he look happy when he found that TongXue copied the design of his study room into her project?
    my interpretation is that because mo shaoqian is portrayed as a rather possessive character. he wants his place to be unique. but more importantly, i think he doesn't like the idea that tongxue put so much thought into designing zhenfei's house. even worse, it means that in tongxue's eyes, they are kind of the same- that shaoqian does not have a special place in her heart, which he DOES know, but doesn't want to admit.

and i guess its more easily understood if you're a girl... i know this is kind of a stretch, but u dont want another girl owning and wearing the same dress as yours. makes sense? that's just my two cents tho

I'm hook to this drama. It make me want to see more eps. Too bad it only air 2 eps per day. I think Hawick did a good job so far.

I need to catch up!!! It seems like this drama is good... (I am glad!)

JoleCole or anyone else, any thoughts on the dubbing? I know we were talking about Shao Qian's dubbing earlier before the series aired and there were concerns about that??

So addicting and Shao Qian is so sadistic but I love him so much!
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

ohhh goodness, I just saw the preview for episode 7 and 8! Can't wait for today's episode ^.^

Ep. 7 Download from Wupload
    http://www.wupload.com/file/1121362386

Ep. 8 Download from Wupload
    http://www.wupload.com/file/1121365126

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post

JoleCole or anyone else, any thoughts on the dubbing? I know we were talking about Shao Qian's dubbing earlier before the series aired and there were concerns about that??
    At first, I hated his dubbed voice, worst than Hawick's Canterin. I thought the dubbed voice did a horrible job conveying the raw emotions of the character when he enunciated his lines. There were some parts in the early episodes that I felt the dubbed voice made the dialogue lose some of its original flavor compared to Hawick's voice. After watching 8 episodes, I think I got used it. I don't find it as bad as before.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-25-11 at 06:40 PM.

@JoleCole: I been waiting for ep 7,8 for the whole afternoon. Finally, get to watch what happens next.
    Thank you sooooo much for the 7,8 links. You are so awesome <3

Quote Originally Posted by CuteBabyAngel17 View Post
    my interpretation is that because mo shaoqian is portrayed as a rather possessive character. he wants his place to be unique. but more importantly, i think he doesn't like the idea that tongxue put so much thought into designing zhenfei's house. even worse, it means that in tongxue's eyes, they are kind of the same- that shaoqian does not have a special place in her heart, which he DOES know, but doesn't want to admit.

and i guess its more easily understood if you're a girl... i know this is kind of a stretch, but u dont want another girl owning and wearing the same dress as yours. makes sense? that's just my two cents tho
    I sorta interpreted as jealousy too, but wasn't sure if the scriptwriter had any intention of expanding more? $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/e9/sk_thumb.gif') I think Mo ShaoQian gets easily jealous and possessive cuz he feels really insecure about their relationship. It's completely one-sided.

There was a chapter in the novel narrated by Mo ShaoQian. I absolutely love that chapter cuz we finally get to see the story in Mo ShaoQian's perspective, and not how TongXue's interpreted things. But dude...He is one conflicting soul! Mo ShaoQian forces himself to be mean to TongXue cuz whenever he treats her nicely, she gives him a big fat sweet smile and treat him well in return. Her smiles would make him want nothing more than to cherish/spoil her and fall deeper in love with her, which he's really afraid of happening. Loving TongXue means he's betraying his father and condoning the very people who contributed to his father's death. So, he would rather have TongXue hate him more, and be mean to him as well, perhaps then he wouldn't love her as much.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-25-11 at 07:04 PM.

@Jolecole:hi ,I was wondering could you provide a download link for EP02 please? for some reasons,my office's PC has blocked that Viki website. thank alot. ^-^

I'm migrating from Bu Bu Jing Xin thread to over here. Thanks JoleCole for keeping the thread alive and for keeping my lurkingness and stalkingness occupied .
    Just want to contribute that saibaster on youtube is also uploading episodes of this drama, I think the TV version (correct me if I'm wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by roar00 View Post
    I'm migrating from Bu Bu Jing Xin thread to over here. Thanks JoleCole for keeping the thread alive and for keeping my lurkingness and stalkingness occupied .
    Just want to contribute that saibaster on youtube is also uploading episodes of this drama, I think the TV version (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Welcome roar00! I'm glad you all are liking this series and find Mo ShaoQian's character interesting since he isn't your typical male lead or prince charming in romantic dramas....LOL...And thank you for letting us know!! saibaster is fast!! All the current episodes are uploaded already.

Here's the youtube link to the drama page:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD367CCFCFF1B128

Some random thoughts:
    Gosh...the more I think about Xiao Shan's character, the more I dislike him. He's going to have more screen time in the upcoming episodes...so not interested in watching him... I just really dislike his wishy washy personality....He and Lin XianZhi should just get marry and get out of the picture...$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/71/bs2_thumb.gif') He knows Lin XianZhi is crazily in love with him, yet he still gives her hope even though he doesn't love her...I hate it when a guy does that...Shouldn't leave a girl hanging if he knows he can't reciprocate her feelings.

Preview for EP. 9 and 10:
    http://www.imgo.tv/clip-0-2-2329-210370-221273.shtml
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-25-11 at 10:57 PM.

JoleCole thank you very much for the link !! Been scouring everywhere to watch this series !! Thanks again !!!

Some random thoughts:
    Gosh...the more I think about Xiao Shan's character, the more I dislike him. He's going to have more screen time in the upcoming episodes...so not interested in watching him... I just really dislike his wishy washy personality....He and Lin XianZhi should just get marry and get out of the picture...$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/71/bs2_thumb.gif') He knows Lin XianZhi is crazily in love with him, yet he still gives her hope even though he doesn't love her...I hate it when a guy does that...Shouldn't leave a girl hanging if he knows he can't reciprocate her feelings.
    My thoughts exactly! I hate it when a guy does that. But I also think that if he doesn't love her, he shouldn't marry her, it's not fair to her. I have a question (okay, a couple)...did Xiao Shan and TongXue officially break up and why? (I saw the breakup scene but it just seem like it wasn't official) And what did Shao Qian say to TongXue (after his meeting with him mom) before pulling her back (this scene was in his room or office?)?

On a side note: I find Xiao Shan's design very Korean. It's the glasses and hair...not really liking it. Compare to Shao Qian's clean and sophisticated look, Xiao Shan's is second rated!

Quote Originally Posted by sesshomaru86 View Post
    I have a question (okay, a couple)...did Xiao Shan and TongXue officially break up and why? (I saw the breakup scene but it just seem like it wasn't official)
    TongXue was feeling insecure about her relationship with Xiao Shan at the time. She was jealous that everyone around them thought Lin Xian Zhi (she's supposed to be gorgeous in the story while TongXue is more the average/above average looking girl) and Xiao Shan make a great item. TongXue didn't like the fact that Xiao Shan and Lin XianZhi were running the school newspaper together while Xiao Shan felt TongXue didn't trust him enough. In the heat of their bickering, Xiao Shan rashly suggested they break up and TongXue agreed (she had her pride). They both actually didn't mean to break up seriously but was having more of a typical lover quarrel. Later, once his temper cooled, Xiao Shan went back to find TongXue to ask for a reconciliation but he couldn't find her anymore and it was too late (she became ShaoQian's mistress).

And what did Shao Qian say to TongXue (after his meeting with him mom) before pulling her back (this scene was in his room or office?)?
    ShaoQian told her he'll be leaving the next day for some business trip and she can take a break for awhile. Then he said "I should let you go, yeah?" TongXue replied "If you're willing to let me go, I would be very grateful." ShaoQian gave a bitter laugh and said "Dream about it. I'm not going to let you go" and kissed her.

On a side note: I find Xiao Shan's design very Korean. It's the glasses and hair...not really liking it. Compare to Shao Qian's clean and sophisticated look, Xiao Shan's is second rated!
    Yep, Xiao Shan's looks doesn't help me like his character more. hahaha...I definitely prefer ShaoQian's clean and sophisticated style. Particularly in this scene, sooo suave! Note, I hate smoking guys with "coolness", but somehow ShaoQian can pull it off.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/5f4a0756gw1dmhgpbcog7g.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/65a74d07tw1dmhfil0r5aj.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-26-11 at 04:21 AM.

I was wondering if shao qian actually knew tong xue was his enemy's daughter when he invited her for a dinner at the cafe and tong xue rejected him?

anyway, i'm really looking forward to each episode because it's so intriguing and i find tong xue looks quite pretty after a long time. she belongs to the "innocent" type.

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    I was wondering if shao qian actually knew tong xue was his enemy's daughter when he invited her for a dinner at the cafe and tong xue rejected him?
    I think the drama implied that he knew already. Remember, before he asked her out for dinner, ShaoQian disappeared for a month? His mother said she was happy her son wasn't so evil after all since he spent a whole month struggling and thinking about what he should do with TongXue and didn't act immediately to seek revenge after he discovered TongXue's identity. So, I really don't think ShaoQian loves TongXue at the time. He probably fell in love with her sometimes during the 2-3 years they were living together.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-26-11 at 04:47 AM.

Must say the drama is actually progressing fairly well and hawick has really made the character of MSQ come to life. I'm thoroughly enjoying the episodes and feel that it is fairly genuine to the original novel. The wardrobe of a few of the characters really could use some improvement though, hair style too, the interior design of MZF's house is even more attractive. I keep looking at the chandeliers...

Hi JoleCole. Thanks for running this thread. I really like this drama.
    May I ask you to post the links for Ep 2 on filesonic or Wupload because I can't access fileserve where I am.
    Thanks.

TongXue was feeling insecure about her relationship with Xiao Shan at the time. She was jealous that everyone around them thought Lin Xian Zhi (she's supposed to be gorgeous in the story while TongXue is more the average/above average looking girl) and Xiao Shan make a great item. TongXue didn't like the fact that Xiao Shan and Lin XianZhi were running the school newspaper together while Xiao Shan felt TongXue didn't trust him enough. In the heat of their bickering, Xiao Shan rashly suggested they break up and TongXue agreed (she had her pride). They both actually didn't mean to break up seriously but was having more of a typical lover quarrel. Later, once his temper cooled, Xiao Shan went back to find TongXue to ask for a reconciliation but he couldn't find her anymore and it was too late (she became ShaoQian's mistress).
    Thanks. Yea, I thought it look more like a lovers quarrel and didn't understand why they were broken up when the show started...

ShaoQian told her he'll be leaving the next day for some business trip and she can take a break for awhile. Then he said "I should let you go, yeah?" TongXue replied "If you're willing to let me go, I would be very grateful." ShaoQian gave a bitter laugh and said "Dream about it. I'm not going to let you go" and kissed her.
    Okay, thanks again! With my very very limited chinese, I was able to understand the part when he talked about letting her go and her reply but didn't catch the first part about the business. So thanks again, you're so helpful!!!

Yep, Xiao Shan's looks doesn't help me like his character more. hahaha...I definitely prefer ShaoQian's clean and sophisticated style. Particularly in this scene, sooo suave! Note, I hate smoking guys with "coolness", but somehow ShaoQian can pull it off.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/5f4a0756gw1dmhgpbcog7g.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/65a74d07tw1dmhfil0r5aj.jpg')[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't like a guy who smoked either but that scene was pretty cool. Especially, the part where the smoke comes out of his mouth as he turn toward her and the cocky smile afterward.