Thread: Amy Winehouse (27) Found Dead *new*

Default Amy Winehouse (27) Found Dead *new*

British singer, Amy Winehouse found dead:
    http://news.yahoo.com/singer-amy-win...164948160.html

Anyone surprised or shocked by her death?

I don't know, I never really followed her music career, but I heard she had some drinking and drug problems, so its not improbable that something like this would happen. It's just a little surprising to see another celebrity to kick the bucket.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I just realized she was 27. Wow.

I don't follow her music and don't really like her that much, but I do feel bad that she died this young when there was the possibility that she could have received treatment and help that would have made her better.

And just because I have a feeling TC is going to come in and give his usual rant about "living a decent life, blah blah blah" - learn to have some respect for a dead person, even if it's someone you don't like much.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    I just realized she was 27. Wow.

I don't follow her music and don't really like her that much, but I do feel bad that she died this young when there was the possibility that she could have received treatment and help that would have made her better.

And just because I have a feeling TC is going to come in and give his usual rant about "living a decent life, blah blah blah" - learn to have some respect for a dead person, even if it's someone you don't like much.
    Yeah, it just kind of struck me with her age being so close to mine. Even if I wasn't her fan, I think I'd still pray and hope she rests in peace.

Celebrity are people too and any death of a person is sad and should not be disrespected. Winehouse was a singer, not some tyrant or murderer, therefore she shouldn't be insulted even after her death. If she abused alcohol and drugs, it doesn't give you the right to judge her, she's not a saint or a god, so don't expect her to be a perfect human being.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-28-11 at 04:51 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Exactly.

I'm more freaked out by the 27 thing, because that's the age of death for so many musicians (e.g., Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, etc.).
    My love and my agony.

Oh my goodness!

My first reaction was, nah uh!

Oh my goodness!

I didn't really pay attention to her but thought she had a unique voice. That's so sad that she died at 27. That's my age :T To think more deeply about this is depressing. How so very sad!
    I like me.

I knew she's got issues but didn't expect her to pass away so soon. It's sad that people die so young, when they could do so much more with their life.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Given her well-publicized issues, I can't say that I'm surprised; it was just a matter of time. It's still sad and unfortunate because of her age and talent.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I haev to admit I had always knew that she was going to die early but also hope that someone would help her out and put her in rehab. After all, Ozzy Osbourne was hyped up on drugs and he still is here today. But at 27!!!! That is a shock!

May Amy rest in peace and her family and friends hold it together.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I wonder what was going on with her life or relationships that would cause her to be such alcohol abuser. That same article mentioned she showed up on stage drunk more than once and could not sing properly or remember the lyrics. That's just messed up, it just shows people that she didn't take her singing career seriously. She should've stayed in rehab until she was completely better.

I actually don't think she had the most unique voice or rather style...Adele has a similar style too.

But over all, whether it be the many children that died in Norway, the people that died in the bullet train in China or Amy Winehouse, no one should be talking about a dead person or take their death lightly. Everyone has parents, family and friends who loved them.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-28-11 at 02:39 PM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club
    She's already listed.
    My love and my agony.

Me Global Sapien. Quest: Take pictures of Spiderman

I guess her body couldn't stand the abuse anymore. RIP Amy Winehouse. You will be missed.
    Your panties are on too tight.