Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Translators Appreciation Thread

THANK YOU ALL THE TRANSLATORS!!!

I'm back!! I'm... sorry I was gone for so long *mumbles something that sounds like 'school' and 'no internet'*... and I'm especially sorry for not having posted my part of the editing... I'm... very incompetent ... SORRY!!! I'm very VERY sorry, and I know that doesn't make up for my inccompetence....
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    THANK YOU ALL THE TRANSLATORS!!!

I'm back!! I'm... sorry I was gone for so long *mumbles something that sounds like 'school' and 'no internet'*... and I'm especially sorry for not having posted my part of the editing... I'm... very incompetent ... SORRY!!! I'm very VERY sorry, and I know that doesn't make up for my inccompetence....
    School comes first.
    Even IcyFox's output has slowed to a crawl, but then he's busy playing in the mud and learning which end of an assault rifle is the dangerous end.

Wow, surprised to see the thread resurfacing. The thread was started in
    08-13-03.
    Since so many new translations were started by new translators and many were carried on by the origina translators.
    I want to say THANK YOU again to all the translators. Keep up the good work.

on behalf of all the banana wuxia lover's of the world, i would like to extend the biggest, fluffiest and warmest THANK YOU to all the translators!!!!

Posting my first message! Thanks to all the translators over at wuxiapedia.com for their hard work! My sister and I are both Jinyong fans, though initially we only found enjoyment through the wonder that is TV. Now she is reading HSDS in Chinese, and I am reading the wonderful translation in English, and we can finally compare notes! I had to bribe her to read to me prior to my discovery of your site, because my mandarin is pitiful (probably around 2nd grade level). I shall patiently await the completion of this translation, and remain eternally indebted to you guys.
    Last edited by rosie d; 06-12-06 at 11:50 PM.
    Courtesy of Mr Bananagrabber

A great thanks to all the translator, english is so much easier to read than the chinese novel with the words so small. Thanks alot, without you, I cant fully appreciate novels!

Default O/T Happy Holidays

To Spcnet, all the moderators and the diligent translators,
    and all members in spcnet:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

It was a good 2006 for me and is sure for many of you too.
    Wish that all of you have an even better 2007, good health, added prosperity and "lady's luck for the singles.

Thor

Yeah,

This is quite an interesting forum. I'll be hanging around from now on.. ^^

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!~

May you guys have a blissful Christmas!
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a grand and glorious New Year! Special good wishes to my collaborators Bangs, dgfds01 and Athena. To Huang Yushi and others who chipped in on the LOCH and ROCH correction threads, many thanks. [for the ladies] [for everyone]

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our translators and editors for their part in translating all the beloved wuxia stories into english.

If there's anything that i can help out, as part of my new job as the moderator in the wuxia translation forum, pls PM me - I would try to help out in co-ordinating, editing, etc if time/duty permits. I would also try to ensure that forum is conducive to your translation, without the spammers or trollers.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

WOW, what a nice message... Too bad I gave up translating WU xia for good.. I am still translating but news about my favorite stars and their books, but no more Wu xia for me after what happened... I love wu xia dearly and always will but cannot bring myself to do it again....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Translating is a selfless sacrifice, worthy of everyone's respect.

Very nice comment Bangs!! That was what I originally thought too, but boy was I wrong....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Very nice comment Bangs!! That was what I originally thought too, but boy was I wrong....
    Trinie dear, I don't know what made you stop doing what you love to do and I don't intend to make you change your mind or to dig up what happened in the past. But I would like you to know that people like me appreciate your efforts, its true that there are always ingrates around and not everyone understands how hard it is to do a favor for free not to mention the fact that we are strangers to each other. The bottom line is you have done something really great and no matter what other people think of you or say to you, at least there are some who are really thankful. More power to all translators!

Thanks Bangs!You are so kind! I have just sent you a PM. Hope to chat more with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Trinie dear, I don't know what made you stop doing what you love to do and I don't intend to make you change your mind or to dig up what happened in the past. But I would like you to know that people like me appreciate your efforts, its true that there are always ingrates around and not everyone understands how hard it is to do a favor for free not to mention the fact that we are strangers to each other. The bottom line is you have done something really great and no matter what other people think of you or say to you, at least there are some who are really thankful. More power to all translators!
    I agree with Bangs. Those who criticize are those who cannot do. Those who can do, guide their juniors along the path of growth. I hope that you go back to the path of growth, Trinie, and join the esteemed ranks of the translators once again, because you see -- one day it will be your turn to guide another aspiring person along that path.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Hi translators! I'm not very eloquent, but just wanted to say--the amount of joy and pleasure you've give us is immeasurable. Ya'll rock, and keep rocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Translating is a selfless sacrifice, worthy of everyone's respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    Hi translators! I'm not very eloquent, but just wanted to say--the amount of joy and pleasure you've give us is immeasurable. Ya'll rock, and keep rocking!
    SALUTO to all translator !!

They should be honored in a "HALL OF FAME" thread if there's any in this forum!

well im a newbie..and this is my very first post..

id like to thank all the translators for their hardwork.if it isnt for the translators then ppl like me wud never be able to read all these wonderful stuffs. u guys put in all these efforts to make our lives easier

so thanks a lot once again.. and lookin forward to enjoy each and every single series on the forum..

The translation activity going on around here now is the highest I've seen in forever.....great job translators and editors!