Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Translators Appreciation Thread

Hello Everyone, I am a new member here.

15 years ago, I casually watched HSDS (Tony Leung version) on TV, it completely grabbed my hands and took me out of Chick flick Rom-com world and thrown me into the Wuxia world. Ever since, I was watching HSDS, LOCH, ROCH and became Jin Yong's fan. When I watched Fox Volant of Snowy Mountain and Laughing in the wind, I doubted that the story might be changed from Jin Yong's original. (Cos they were badly done, sorry if you guys love those tv series). LOCH's latest version was changed too (Yang Kang character’s was changed) Anyway, that's when I wanted to read original work of the Legends like Jin Yong and Gu Long but I was helpless because I couldn't read Chinese and I couldn't find any translated version on the net.

Now, Four years on, I am here When I found this forum, I am happier than finding King Solomon's treasures.

Sorry about my rumbling What I want to say here is I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart because you are the Angels who grant my wishes, every time I see the update in this forum, every time I read your translations, I feel very happy so I believe and wish that your lives and days will be filled with happiness too.
    Last edited by foosball; 09-14-11 at 11:31 PM.

As a dedicated but irregular lurker, I realize that it's unfair to not express my immense gratitude and appreciation for the magnificent work done by all the translators over the years! I discovered this forum after falling in love with wuxia via dvd.
    The novels are always superior to the adaptations but without all your hard work, we ( My Wuxia loving wife) would be left to the mercy of the rare, irregular, expensive and frankly disappointing published translations. ( I have bought them all, largely to encourage publishers. )
    It was due to these translations that I moved into e-readers - and saved countless trees!
    It is with joy and gratitude the I revisited the forum and found it still active, with many completions and new works actively progressing!!!
    I can't thank you enough!
    I resolve to lurk less and at least express my thanks in active threads to let my heroes know there are more readers than it sometimes seems!

I also would like to express my immense gratitude and appreciation to all those that have participated in translating the many Wuxia novels - especially those of Jin Yong's! I too have always wanted to read those classic novels - but unfortunately have not learnt to read chinese. Having these translations made available have opened our minds to the wonderful, creative and adventurous world of Wuxia. Many many thanks to all for your great and benevolent work with these translations.

I just wanted to give a shout out to Athena, Meh, Moinllieon, and TigerWong. Even though I haven't seen them in ages, I am still in awe of the work they did =D
    --=={Grundle}==--

I wanted to give a shout out to Pokit, Ren Wo Xing, Jean, and Foxs -- you guys are translating machines!!!
    --=={Grundle}==--

My sincere appreciations to Foxs but my wife is unhappy as my head is now stuck in my Kindle reading HSDS.

To all of the translators,

Thank you for giving so generously of your time and knowledge to this forum. I don't post here often, but I do read your work whenever I can. Please know that if it wasn't for your hard work and dedication, this whole culture would be lost on me completely. While I watch the adaptations, I think the novels are always so much better. I can't begin to tell you how much I sincerely admire your work and appreciate your efforts.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a fan of these Chinese literary works. If I didn't flunk our of Chinese school so horribly, I would offer my help. In lieu of any knowledge, I can only offer my gratitude and a sincere expression of how much I enjoy your work.

Hi, would also like to give my appreciation... Enjoying immensely (Read ROCH, Smiling Proud Wanderer) and now reading Liaing Yusheng's White Haired Demoness.
    Feel translators do an excellent job re maintaining an interesting and exciting writing style, and love the footnotes.
    My only *slight* issue is getting the content from a forum... would love to be able to download in mobi or similar e-reader format or even text. As it is I copy, paste, and reformat for my kindle. Not a big deal, and certainly worth the effort.

Default Thank you

I want to say : Thank you very much for all the translators. All of you are the stars, especially for your consistency (will & hard work).
    For all new translators, thanks for your new stories/translates.

Keep writing, keep translating, you guys have been entertaining us very much.

Thank you

Question thanks and a request

i thank all translators for their hard work. but i have a question or a request: why the honored translators don't help d4rksinz for finishing the translation of Demi-God, Semi-Devils, one of the most interesting wuxia nolels?:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...od-Semi-Devils
    it is 4 months that he/she is absent. but indeed, i can't thank enough him/her for his/her hard work and appreciate it.
    "The bitterest enemy of you is carnal desires of yourself."

"The best fight is fight against carnal desires of oneself."

- The Successor of the Prophet of Islam, Imam Ali peace be upon him