View Poll Results: Should we boycott those tv series with evil manchurian prince?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

    1 11.11%
  • No...

    8 88.89%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 163

Thread: Should We Boycott some TV series?

  1. #41
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Doesn't matter what happen later. What he did at that time on the bed was rape. Him marrying the girls afterward does not nullify that fact.


    Ah Ke wasn't happy after being raped by Wei Xiao Bao either.


    but like I said, wei xiao bao isn't real. made up by jin yong.

  2. #42
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    but like I said, wei xiao bao isn't real. made up by jin yong.
    You were arguing that Wei Xiao Bao is not a rapist because the girl he raped were happy about it and you pointed out that the little Han girls weren't.

    So, I answered that rape is rape and one of the characters he raped was not happy about it.

    So, when you can't argue with this point you go 'WXB isn't real!'?

    If WXB being not real nullifies all arguments, then, why were you arguing about whether what WXB did is rape or not earlier?
    Last edited by kidd; 08-01-11 at 12:50 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  3. #43
    Senior Member cutzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    You were arguing that Wei Xiao Bao is not a rapist because the girl he raped were happy about it and you pointed out the that the little Han girls weren't.

    So, I answered that rape is rape and one of the characters he raped were not happy about it.

    So, when you can't argue that this point you go 'WXB isn't real!'?

    If WXB being not real nullifies all arguments, then, why are you arguing about whether what WXB did is rape or not earlier?
    Thank you! This is exactly what I meant by IPlayWow picking and choosing parts to reply to. Whatever he/she cannot answer, he/she chooses to ignore. 40 something post later, we still can't get a name of the Manchurian prince that supposedly rape Han girls. All we can get is a vague "anybody in power will abuse it." Then are we supposed to boycott any series about anybody in power then?

    IPlayWow, just a word of advice, if you really care about your cause and want people to support it, you need to address each and every questions and doubts that people ask, and address with solid proofs and facts (not just "use your mind"). Sure, that takes a lot of time, but if you are truly passionate about your cause then you will not mind. Only by doing that can you prove that your cause is legitimate and one worth fighting for. By merely finding faults in people's questions without really answering it or repeating the same thing over and over again with nothing to back it up, or attacking others' characters, you will only come out as not knowing what you're really talking about and pushed people even further away.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

  4. #44
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Wei Xiao Bao is a fictional character created by jin yong. and he really didn't rape those girls. they became his wife. toward the end of the story they were all happy for him.
    He had sex with them while they were unconcscious and unable to give consent. Any sex without consent is rape. Even between a husband and wife, unconsensual sex is considered rape. And some of the girls were not happy about it. They became his wives because they had no where else to go. Had WXB not raped Su Quan or Ah Ke and ruined their prospective lives, they would have never agreed to marry him. Ah Ke even tried to kill herself after she found out. Whether fictional or historical, such an event is considered rape.

    If we go by your way of thinking, then if your Manchurian prince married one of the Han girls he raped, then does it nullify the fact of rape? No. So whether it was a Man Chinese man who committed the rape or a Manchurian prince, they should be treated the same regardless of their ethnicity.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  5. #45
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    He had sex with them while they were unconcscious and unable to give consent. Any sex without consent is rape. Even between a husband and wife, unconsensual sex is considered rape. And some of the girls were not happy about it. They became his wives because they had no where else to go. Had WXB not raped Su Quan or Ah Ke and ruined their prospective lives, they would have never agreed to marry him. Ah Ke even tried to kill herself after she found out. Whether fictional or historical, such an event is considered rape.

    If we go by your way of thinking, then if your Manchurian prince married one of the Han girls he raped, then does it nullify the fact of rape? No. So whether it was a Man Chinese man who committed the rape or a Manchurian prince, they should be treated the same regardless of their ethnicity.
    Why are you comparing someone that did the actual evil to someone that was made up in a novel?

    sure if they got marry and those little han girls was happy than i guess it okay. but they werem't happy and never got married or anything. don't you know manchurian prince or emperor are forbid to marry han girls. they are only to marry manchurian girls or any tribal girls whatever that mean but not han girls.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Why are you comparing someone that did the actual evil to someone that was made up in a novel?

    sure if they got marry and those little han girls was happy than i guess it okay. but they werem't happy and never got married or anything. don't you know manchurian prince or emperor are forbid to marry han girls. they are only to marry manchurian girls or any tribal girls whatever that mean but not han girls.
    Who was it in particular which did those evil things then? You need to name at least someone, and provide some reference to back up your claims, before your argument holds any water. A blanket "Manchurian prince" is not acceptable. There must have been someone you have in mind to make you so upset. Or was it some serial you watched, in which case your Manchurian emperor/prince is as relevant as Wei Xiaobao.

  7. #47
    Senior Member junny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    With Max
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Why are you comparing someone that did the actual evil to someone that was made up in a novel?

    sure if they got marry and those little han girls was happy than i guess it okay. but they werem't happy and never got married or anything. don't you know manchurian prince or emperor are forbid to marry han girls. they are only to marry manchurian girls or any tribal girls whatever that mean but not han girls.
    Did you get dumped by a Manchu boy or something?
    玉木宏

    blog

  8. #48
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Did you get dumped by a Manchu boy or something?


    Seem to be a very stupid question to ask.

    I just want justice for those little han girls. I have alot of friends that are friends with the triad in the mainland and they all want the same justice.

    As you know the Triad are desendant of the Heaven and Earth Society who are oppose to manchurian taking over the land of the han people.

    as for why I started all this talking, it was because I was inspired by Xun Yu in Three Kingdoms 2010. episode 60 something. he opposed Cao Cao for wanting to be the King of Wei.

    Xun Yu stood in front of all the minister and said something like this. You all are a bunch of coward and dis loyal to Great han dynasty. Who will stand up against tyrant? Who will stand for justice?

    Same with what I'm asking....Who will get justice for those little han girls if I don't?

    Just because they make movie and tv series about manchurian prince being good doesn't mean I'm gonna give up. sure you all can praise those evil manchurian prince and only praise them as the actors who play them. but in reality. what they did wrong need to be brought to day light.

  9. #49
    Senior Member cutzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Seem to be a very stupid question to ask.

    I just want justice for those little han girls. I have alot of friends that are friends with the triad in the mainland and they all want the same justice.

    As you know the Triad are desendant of the Heaven and Earth Society who are oppose to manchurian taking over the land of the han people.

    as for why I started all this talking, it was because I was inspired by Xun Yu in Three Kingdoms 2010. episode 60 something. he opposed Cao Cao for wanting to be the King of Wei.

    Xun Yu stood in front of all the minister and said something like this. You all are a bunch of coward and dis loyal to Great han dynasty. Who will stand up against tyrant? Who will stand for justice?

    Same with what I'm asking....Who will get justice for those little han girls if I don't?

    Just because they make movie and tv series about manchurian prince being good doesn't mean I'm gonna give up. sure you all can praise those evil manchurian prince and only praise them as the actors who play them. but in reality. what they did wrong need to be brought to day light.
    Then stand up and answer all the questions we ask you, with facts and credentials. All you're doing now is ignoring questions you can't answer. Like I said

    Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    IPlayWow, just a word of advice, if you really care about your cause and want people to support it, you need to address each and every questions and doubts that people ask, and address with solid proofs and facts (not just "use your mind"). Sure, that takes a lot of time, but if you are truly passionate about your cause then you will not mind. Only by doing that can you prove that your cause is legitimate and one worth fighting for. By merely finding faults in people's questions without really answering it or repeating the same thing over and over again with nothing to back it up, or attacking others' characters, you will only come out as not knowing what you're really talking about and pushed people even further away.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

  10. #50
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Sounds like IPlayWow got involved with 愤青, and very dangerous ones at that which does anything but improve his credibility in this issue.

    And I believe the reason why IPlayWow isn't giving a specific name of the Manchurian Prince is because he meant ALL of them.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 08-01-11 at 08:35 PM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  11. #51
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    I just want justice for those little han girls. I have alot of friends that are friends with the triad in the mainland and they all want the same justice.

    As you know the Triad are desendant of the Heaven and Earth Society who are oppose to manchurian taking over the land of the han people.
    This is what I call 唔化.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  12. #52
    Senior Member yittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    I protest against playing WoW, because the storyline mentions orcs pillaged human villages and killed little boys. I demand justice for those humans that were mistreated by orcs.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

    Member of TC fanclub.

  13. #53
    Senior Member junny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    With Max
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Seem to be a very stupid question to ask.
    But it's perfect for you, given the posts you've made in this thread.

    So why aren't you out there protesting on behalf of these Han girls? Why aren't you at the TV stations shouting "death to Qing princes and their drama-makers!"? Why are you still making posts in this forum? Are you all talk and no justice? How sad for these Han girls!
    玉木宏

    blog

  14. #54
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Manchurian people had some good and bad people. It's not Manchurian princes that rape Han girls. It is men who rape women. Certain types of men from all kinds of ethnicity with no morals and self-control can succumb to their animal desires and force themselves on nonconsenting women. Whether they be men during the Warring States, Jin, Mongolian, Tang, Han, Song, Yuan, Ming, Manchurian or from any country, there will be certain pond scum type men who give other men a bad name by doing physical harm to women. Likewise, there are some women in history that tormented and done cruel things to men. However, no man or woman is the same as all men and women. So people can't really say all Manchurian princes are to blame for all crimes against Han girls. Are they evil just merely because they're Manchurian princes? Surely those Manchurian princes who died at under the age of 15 or younger can't do such things to Han girls.

    What history do you know of besides the ones displayed onscreen through TV serials? If you're going about all this as "All ravens are black" and there's no exception kind of thing, then it just proves that your cup is filled up to the brim and cannot receive anything more. Besides, the reign of the Qing dynasty is long gone, so when the Qing dynasty rule ended, all the justice for what good or bad they did, its already been paid in full. No need to seek more justice.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  15. #55
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    What history do you know of besides the ones displayed onscreen through TV serials?
    He said he has a lot of friends who are friends of the descendants 'Heaven and Earth Society'. I think he got his version of history from them.

    I wonder what are they fighting against now since Qing Dynasty is long gone. PRC?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  16. #56
    Senior Member happyswallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    as for why I started all this talking, it was because I was inspired by Xun Yu in Three Kingdoms 2010. episode 60 something. he opposed Cao Cao for wanting to be the King of Wei.

    Xun Yu stood in front of all the minister and said something like this. You all are a bunch of coward and dis loyal to Great han dynasty. Who will stand up against tyrant? Who will stand for justice?

    Same with what I'm asking....Who will get justice for those little han girls if I don't?

    Just because they make movie and tv series about manchurian prince being good doesn't mean I'm gonna give up. sure you all can praise those evil manchurian prince and only praise them as the actors who play them. but in reality. what they did wrong need to be brought to day light.
    i don't think you're getting them justice sitting in front of the computer, playing WoW, and waiting for the next JTTW episode.
    might i suggest you stage a public protest? gather some of your WoW friends. please take a picture...i'm pretty sure we can all use a good laugh.

    also, back to your part about Xun Yu.
    you wrote 'Xun Yu stood in front of all the minister and said something like this. '
    notice you wrote he stood in front of all the ministers. the only thing you're in front of is your computer.

    lastly, i hope you don't mind i didn't quote your entire post. 'cause, you know, you were having a hissy fit about not quoting you entirely earlier.

  17. #57
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    He said he has a lot of friends who are friends of the descendants 'Heaven and Earth Society'. I think he got his version of history from them.

    Yes I read the history book from my friend from their triad friends, but it not really reading, it's more of story telling over and over pass down from generation to generation. so yes they said all evil manchurian prince.

    CUTZIE if you're gonna dis prove them than let me ask you. how can you be sure that the history book you're reading from is 100 percently accurate??

    there was no technology at the time to prove all of that? camera and such... there was only people writing books and drawing picture. and people that seen what happen and telling it down to other people and passing on and on to generation after generation.



    so you think only people like college professor can be trustworthy?

    and not people in triad gangster? << former heaven and earth society.



    whoeever said protesting wow?? wow is a made up video games. I'm not even sure if orc exist or not.


    happyswallow.... in xun yu time there was no forum like this so he had to do it in public.

    beside this forum can get the words out to millions of people. so what the different if i talk here or in public?? my goal is the same. you think i can get more people to listen when i speak about this in public or here?


    isn't this the whole point of having a forum online? so we can talk and stuff about it.

  18. #58
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Yes I read the history book from my friend from their triad friends, but it not really reading, it's more of story telling over and over pass down from generation to generation. so yes they said all evil manchurian prince.

    CUTZIE if you're gonna dis prove them than let me ask you. how can you be sure that the history book you're reading from is 100 percently accurate??

    there was no technology at the time to prove all of that? camera and such... there was only people writing books and drawing picture. and people that seen what happen and telling it down to other people and passing on and on to generation after generation.
    How can you be sure that the story told over and over and pass down from generation to generation is 100 percently accurate??
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  19. #59
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    How can you be sure that the story told over and over and pass down from generation to generation is 100 percently accurate??


    I don't...no one does... that why I'm saying that there was no technology like camrea or camcorder to prove it...


    so if cutzie is gonna try to disprove the triad words, than my question is gonna be well how do you know if your history book is accurate...

  20. #60
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    I don't...no one does... that why I'm saying that there was no technology like camrea or camcorder to prove it...


    so if cutzie is gonna try to disprove the triad words, than my question is gonna be well how do you know if your history book is accurate...
    SS gave a very good answer.

    IPlayWow, not sure if you've ever played or seen a word passing game. It's a game that involves several people, and their responsibility is to pass the same message down from person to person.

    Guess what? The message nearly always get distorted halfway through because people don't remember word-to-word, and when a detail gets forgotten, the best they could do is to fill it up with at their best of ability. That means they could be adding the wrong details in, thus distorting the message. These things seem better remembered when passed down as poems and songs. XD!

    You never answered one of my first questions, which is "what do you really know about real history". Yes, history of those days weren't shot in cam so nothing is clear cut. The only comfort we have is that the people who wrote them are SCHOLARS who actually studied them. I'm not so sure about your friends.

    And you have to differentiate between the societies of those days compared to now. I mean, you are mixing around with the underworld?

    And btw, how do you know for sure if Xun Yu really did that for real? No live streaming videos to prove your case. If you are basing it off on the teleseries, then the argument is as moot as you said Wei Xiaobao's is.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 08-02-11 at 04:40 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Similar Threads

  1. Do China series ever do modern series?
    By Zhong in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-23-09, 07:53 PM
  2. Chinese classical series vs. Korean classical series
    By L4love in forum Global Series Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-07, 12:04 PM
  3. Your Favorite Series of Series
    By Lady Zhuge in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-31-06, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •